Hotel

• soundproof rooms
  • russian amenities
  • spanish amenities
  • iron
  • paid public parking on site
  • butler service

Good

Great location, fine room, beautifully painted elevators, nice folks

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"This is a fantastically located hotel near the Plaza, across from Central Park close by MOMA, Broadway and superb shopping. The staff is very nice but you can tell this is a residence/hotel.....so not the same type of service that one would expect in the Ritz. The chaps who provide room service and run the elevators are quite nice. You can't go wrong if you get your room at a decent price. Enjoy New York!"

• Travel date: 6th May 2006

Perfect Location

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"Just recently stayed at the Sherry. Located at the entrance of Central Park, the location could not have been better. The service from the staff was excellent. The rooms were beautiful and clean. We got a great rate on their winter special; when we stayed 4-nights we were upgrated to a suite overlooking 59th avenue. The only drawback was that the restaurant is currently under renovation. Would stay there again, without hesitation!"

• Travel date: 28th March 2006

If you can afford it,do it!

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"If you want to indulge in one of the best hotels NYC has to offer try this property. It is first class! Doorman,elevator operator, room service,twice a day maid service,front desk,accomadiations all first class.I'AM a New Yorker and I believe this is one of the best properties in this city.Steps from Central Park,5TH avenue, and Rockfeller Center.The rooms have the best furnishings and detail I have expierienced. You may want to spend time in your room just to enjoy it but New York is right outside your door.The price tag is high but if you get a good deal,GO for it! P.S. Lori at the front desk was the best."

• Travel date: 20th March 2006

Luxurious Hotel-First Class Service

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"We have just returned from a 3 night stay at this gorgeous hotel and would certainly return.The hotel is situated right on 5th Ave and is a 10 second walk to the nearest subway-great for tourists!! This hotel offers luxury things that other hotels in NYC just dont have - including the biggest suite I have ever stayed in, high ceilings, massive bed,huge lounge and a huge bathroom that was all beautifully decorated and so clean.The small touches of fresh flowers and luxury chocs were lovely as were the aveda products in the bathroom.The staff were amazing they couldn't do enough for us including ordering us a takeout delivery and chilled wine when we just wanted a night in.Its a small hotel so the service is fantastic-being greeted by name is almost unheard of in most hotels.Its not cheap, but you get what you pay for! I would certainly recommend calling them to find out if they have any deals on, which is what we did. If you would like a intimate hotel with luxurious accomodation that gives fantastic service, is near the 5th Ave shops and a subway than this is the hotel for you."

• Travel date: 7th March 2006

Very lovely time

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"My husband and I stayed only one night at the Sherry, for an anniversary celebration. We loved the location, across from Central Park. The doormen were attentive, and went to great lengths to flag down a cab for us in the pouring rain. The room was furnished nicely, very traditional, and came with fresh flowers, chocolates, and a welcome note from the hotel. The refrigerator was well stocked with bottled water, orange juice, and soft drinks, which were complimentary. We did not have a view, as our room faced a courtyard. We were out for the evening, and when we returned, the bed was turned down, and chocolates were left on our pillows. A complimentary breakfast was served in our room, consisting of coffee, juice, fresh fruit salad, and a basket of five assorted muffins, croissants, and other breads. We had a terrific price for the room, and, considering all the extras, it was a great value. We wished we could have stayed longer."

• Travel date: 10th February 2006

Lovely with HUGE rooms

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"I have stayed at the hotel twice. It is excellent, uptown though in a bit of a chi-chi location. It is far from the wonderful vibe of downtown, but it has something that downtown doesn't have. SPACE. Each time I have stayed in this wonderful hotel I have enjoyed a large suite with spacious bathroom and kitchenette. Downstairs is Cipriani's for breakfast lunch, dinner if you wish and room service. I love the fact that I (lots of luggage always) never have to see a bag or anything to betray the horrors of shlepping all that stuff around! There is so much storage space here. As a Californian (by way of being a Londoner originally) I have come to find serenity in lots of space. NYC can be exhausting when you are there on business. The Sherry Netherland is a tranquil hideout, the prices are great, often somewhat negotiable, and always, always an elegant option."

• Travel date: 1st May 2005

If you like traditional hotels, then you will love this one!

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"We have just returned from our first trip to New York and we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It is more expensive than other hotels but it well worth it! We got a special romantic package deal, which cost $500 per night, which included continental breakfast in the restaurant and a horse & carriage ride in Central Park. We also got expensive chocolates and fresh flowers in our room! The room was fantastic - loads of space, lovely furniture including a huge comfy bed. The bathroom was also lovely and the toiletries supplied were the best I have ever come across in a hotel! The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times - there is always someone close by to help with luggage, doors, directions etc. The hotel restuarant was quite expensive, hence expensive room service food. However, the food is fantastic and the service from the staff is excellent. I liked the additional items which were available on room service - such as painkillers, antihistamine etc, as well as snacks and other essentials useful if you are caught short. The location is fantastic - right across the road from Central Park - although we felt that there was not much to do in the evenings in this area of the city. The only bad points were the view from the room (we were on the 5th floor at the back of the hotel - I think this is the cheap rooms!), and the noisy air conditioning!!"

• Travel date: 26th January 2005

Wish I could say it was worth it

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"My daughter and I stayed at the Sherry Netherland in Nov 2004. It was a mother/daughter shopping weekend and I wanted to treat her to some place nice. The Sherry Netherland was a big disappointment, especially for the price. The front desk people were not very nice. I do have to say that the elevator operators & bellman were very nice though. But we arrived a little early for our room, and we were told the room wasn't ready and to come back at 3, as that it when check in was. We came back at 3:30, only to hear that our room still was not ready. After waiting another 15 minutes, they told us we could go up, but that they were still cleaning, so we got to watch them vacuum & finish cleaning our room. Not what you would expect for a "luxury" hotel! For the money you spend, I would highly recommend looking into another hotel. There are plenty to choose from."

• Travel date: 22nd November 2004

See yourself at the Sherry-Netherland

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"Many years ago, as a student and NYC taxi driver, I got to see every building in the city, again and again. This hotel is the most beautiful in the city architecturally, and I finally got the chance to stay there early this year. Nearly everything is worthy of the legend; the lobby is exclusive and quiet, though welcoming, and is beautifully appointed. The elevators have hand-painted details with medieval style art showing animals and flowers among the carved wood and coffered ceilings. The hallways are a bit to Plaza-ish for my taste, a bit too frou-frou but not as garish as the Plaza (as if something could be). Our Park View Suite was on a high floor at the corner; one side had a perfectly-framed view of the Empire State Building, while the majority of the windows looked out onto the park where we could see up to about 96th street on CPW. The bellman said that our room was John Travolta's favorite place to stay in New York (I immediately heard my own lying voice telling fares in the Taxi years ago that Mick Jagger had just got out of the cab, which usually made for a good story and a good tip). The room was gigantic by NYC hotel room comparison, and the fantasy-inspiring park view held our attention for quite a while before it slowly sank in that the room must have been decorated by the art director from Saturday Night Fever, and no wonder Travolta likes it. I would be surprised to see calculations showing that less than 35% of the walled surface was covered by mirrors, and the mirrors seemed to live in the bathroom where they covered every single inch of everything except the floor (marble), commode, counter, basin and ceiling. Utter reflectivity, and images of one's self cascading to infinity. Even the back of the bathroom door was completely covered in mirrors, in case you wanted to close it and shoot a sequel to "Enter the Dragon" there. Large brown sectional sofa with tan and brown pillows (I remember the '70s term - "earth tones"), sharply contrasting with a clean Biedermeier-style entertainment center and a large round glass dining table far, far too big for that part of the room. That's it for complaints, any my dwelling on them reflects $900 a night in different expectations. When I asked for a different room, something less-reflective, they said all the Park View suites were booked (and explained that each unit is actually a privately- owned condo, decorated by the owners).... But still, each staff person was helpful, friendly and unobtrusive. The nightly Godiva chocolates and daily flowers were cheerful. The room service from Cipriani's should be a model for everyone to follow. The bedroom had a walk-in closet where the kids delighted in hiding. The small kitchenette had a full-size fridge which we stocked with items from Katz's and Zabar's and Balducci's. We had a terrific time- with the views, the service, proximity to the park and Wollman Rink, the immense room space, and the happiness we got just from looking at the structure. It's the architecture and the location that made me want to stay there, and if they write to say they've dropped Steve Rubell from the interior design contract, we'll happily go back anytime."

• Travel date: 19th August 2003

The Best Time in NYC

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"I had the most wonderful time at the Sherry- Netherland. The staff was excellent and meets every need I had. They are some of the nicer people I have met in New York. I would definitely recommend the Sherry- Netherland to any one who likes a great view, great food, superior service and a need for elegance in a more old school style. Take my word for it a night at the Sherry is a night you will never forget. The most miraculous thing about the Sherry- Netherland aside form its location is it quite serenity. Not only are they very discreet about all matters they have your best interest at heart and will upgrade you with out giving it a second thought. I loved my time there and I am sure you will to."

• Travel date: 31st January 2003

Hotels near The Sherry-Netherland Hotel

The Sherry-Netherland Hotel is also called

• sherry netherland hotel
  • the sherry netherland hotel
  • sherry netherland