The Gallivant Times Square

234 West 48th Street, New York City, NY 10036-1540

( 2070 reviews)

Great Location Poor Hotel

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"The hotel is within the Theater Distict and steps from Time Square. You couldn't ask for a better location within mid-town Manahttan. The sub-way is close and alot of major attractions is within walking distance. The hotel itself sucked. The rooms were so small they couldn't fit a queen size bed in it. The rooms were not exciting what so ever. The elevater needs to be replaced. Doesn't look like they invested much money in the building. If you are not going to spend much time in the hotel and location is more important, then this is your hotel"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of April 2010

Decent Value for Money

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"Stayed one night for business. Last minute trip.

Price was good compared to other hotels in this area near Times Square and the Financial District.

Hotel was older, and the room was small. However, it was very apparent that the hotel had undergone extensive upgrades in the recent past.

The lobby was compact but very modern and well appointed.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The room itself was quite small and had a view of nothing, but as I was only there one night and travelling by myself it worked quite well. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of March 2010

Love This Place

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I would like to start by saying that this hotel has done an excellent job with the new décor. It is really cool !! My wife and I had a great few days here. We came to spend the weekend in NYC before we left for a 10 day trip to the west coast and really love this hotel. The front desk staff was so friendly and always willing to give us new ideas on where to eat and what attractions to see while we were there. I am planning a trip to NY again soon and this is the hotel I will be staying in. All in all this place is a great hotel and a GREAT VALUE."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of March 2010

Booked room with Expedia--- had to sleep on the floor

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"I booked a suite for two adults and our two kids, for a suite-- two queen beds, but after a trip from San Francisco, was told that they only had single rooms available. We were not going to let our 7 year old sleep alone, or split up the family-- so ended having to sleep on the floor. We were told that the people did not check out, so we were out of luck.

i would never book anything on Expedia again. Tried to write them a letter, but it was returned."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of March 2010

Great location, good night sleep...but nothing special

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"The hotel website states a recent 15 million dollar renovation has turned the hotel into a modern classic....aside from the reception area, the wallpaper throughout the halls and rooms, and the odd piece of modern 'art' on the wall, there is little evidence of money being spent here. The reception is light and modern, but the staff are far from helpful. Every floor is decorated in the same dark wallpaper, with low level lighting, making it very dull. The room initially given to my mum and I was so small, that we could not both stand in the room and have our suitcases on the floor...the bathroom was also very cramped. The following room we were given was a much better size, avarege to that in other NY hotels, but it had marks all over the white walls, and the bathroom was very old in style, with broken tiles and mildew all around the shower. The only evidence of money being spent in the rooms was the same dark wallpaper..on the ceiling. Whilst the location is superb and the beds very comfy (if small), I would not use this hotel again, whilst there are so many other hotels just as near to Times Square."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of March 2010

Worth the money, but not worth the star rating.

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"The location was amazing, but that was probably the only thing that stood out. The bed was really comfortable, and the safe was convenient because we had valuables. That being said, as other reviewers have mentioned, the air conditioner was broken and we had to sleep with the window open. All of the vending machines in the entire hotel were broken also, they would not accept dollars bills and the front desk did not have change. We could only get the wifi to work for five minutes at a time on the 12th floor. The hotel did have computers and printers to use as was mentioned on their site, but what they failed to mention was that it costs .25 per minute (with a $5 minimum), and it costs $2.00 for each page printed. I know that's not a lot, but I have stayed at many hotels where it was free. Overall, the location was great, but this Best Western really had no major differences from 2 or 3 star hotels. If you're looking for luxury or great in-room amenities, this is definitely not it, but if location is all that matters then this hotel is just fine."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of March 2010

NYC

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Great Rate at the last minute. Very nice rooms. Clean and luxurious. Staff was helpful and pleasant. Hotel was close to all or most of the areas/attractions we visited on our trip."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of March 2010

Great location and value for NYC

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"I recently stayed only 1 night at this hotel. My special Internet rate was only $116 for a queen bed room with private bath. One thing that I've found is that the rates at this and other NYC hotels vary widely depending upon occupancy levels. I was extremely surprised at how attractive both the lobby and room was. They were spectacular. I had read many reviews about how small the rooms were, but from looking at the floor plan, I saw that my room was average to small. I have stayed at many European hotels with rooms half this size. The bath was small, but very efficient. My room was on the back of the hotel so it was extremely quiet, but with no view. See the pictures."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of March 2010

Great Time

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"If i remember correctly it was @ the Presidents Hotel just of of of Times Square. I met a long time friend from Seattle you has having Grad school auditions, the same day af the Space Shuttle brew up.. I was the first time I was back to NYC since 9/11. The city was alive! Hotel was great & so convenient to Times Square & Broadway. I will defiently stay there again!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of February 2010

Ok hotel, staff a tad rude, but can only...

Reviewed Fri 18th of November 2005

"Ok hotel, staff a tad rude, but can only assume they were rushed, door men and maids were fantastic, the city was great I plan to go back, its one of a kind and a week is not enough to see it all, Greenwich Village was cute, and times square had so much going on, I recommend food at Rosie O'Grady’s as through all the expensive places I ate at they were a cheap place but had strangely better food.

If going at end of summer, wear your summer clothes, its shockingly hot there in their summer, and I cant recommend enough a helicopter flight, its so inspiring to see the city from another angle.

• Travel date: Fri 18th of November 2005

The hotel was ok, as I had single room,...

Reviewed Tue 31st of August 2004

"The hotel was ok, as I had single room, was VERY small but I was rarely in it, so couldn’t complain, hotel was as expected, the maid was brilliant, not often you hear them singing and dancing in the hallway.

Although the reception staff were ignorant, not sure if they were busy or just not like English people, door staff etc were great, other than that cant complain, New York was too much in too little time, hoping to visit there again, you need more than a week, the time goes too fast.

• Travel date: Tue 31st of August 2004

Hotels near The Gallivant Times Square

Stayed at The Gallivant Times Square? Share your insight.

The Gallivant Times Square is also called