About The Frederick Hotel

• hebrew
  • serbian
  • korean amenities
  • romanian amenities
  • paid private parking nearby

Great Location

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I have just returned from New York and the Cosmopolitan Hotel. This is a small budget hotel in the heart of the TriBeCa area of lower Manhattan. only 5 mins walk from ground zero, china town, canal street, brooklyn bridge and only a few blocks from Robert DeNerio's restaraunt Tribeca Grill. The rooms were a bit 1980s and the bathrooms were very small but the rooms overall were nice and very very clean. The hotel staff were very friendly, efficient and helpful. The hotel is located right next to Chambers a main subway stop. This was my first trip to New York and I will be going back again next year and will most likley be returning to the Cosmopolitan hotel. You can get facier hotels located mid town, however if you want to get a real feel for the citys night life then TriBeCa is the place to stay, the atmosphere is buzzing, there are at least 30 restauraunts within a 5 minute walk from the hotel and loads of bars. They are also likely to be lower priced than uptown."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of November 2004

Excellent hotel

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Stayed at the Cosmo hotel for 6 nights in early November. The check-in process was smooth and the staff friendly and helpful. The room had 2 double beds and was large in size. We were on the 6th floor (7 in total) and could not hear any street noise from the room.

The room was tastefully decorated and very clean and tidy. It also had a TV, hairdryer, telephone and alarm clock. The maids came around everyday and made the beds, provided lots of clean towels and soap etc.

The hotel is situated about 5-10 minutes walk from Ground Zero, Wall St and other southern areas of Manhattan such as Battery Park. There is a subway station right outside the hotel from which you can catch a train to the popular shopping areas of Penn Station (5 minutes ride) and Times Square (5-10 minutes ride). The trains are very frequent and it costs $2 per ride.

There is no restaurant at this hotel but there is a Starbucks downstairs and within a few minutes walk a McDonalds, Subway, Smoothie bar and a grocery store. There is also a chocolate factory shop downstairs which I would recommend for anyone with a sweet tooth!

The staff are very approachable and have a sound knowledge of the area, they can even arrange a car back to the airport and will hold your baggage on departure day if you have a late flight.

I would recommend this hotel as it's clean, comfortable, very reasonably priced and provides a great base from which to explore New York."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of November 2004

Great base for seeing New York

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"Great value, a good location and a friendly welcome at the cosmopolitan hotel.

Our room was comfortable, clean and quiet - not exactly big, but we didnt expect that for the price.

Located in a nice neighbourhood, a stones throw from the financial district and right beside the subway too.

Tea and coffee in the room would have been nice, but other than that it was very difficult to fault our stay."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of October 2004

worth it's cost

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"When we made the reservation we were a bit worried about the area. At the end it turned out to be better then we could have planned.
Our room was clean (which is, for me, the most important factor) , high water pressure in the shower and nice hotel staff.
The subway to all destinations and a 24 hours open grocery store are nearby.
We spent there wonderful 10 days and we'll gladly come back on our next trip"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of October 2004

Wonderful Hotel

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Having been let down by guide book description of hotels(see my ranting about the Grant Plaza in SF for reference!) I was worried about the Cosmopolitan, and so I emailed to ask them to make sure we got a nice room as it was my 30th birthday. I got curt responses by email and became more worried.Needlessly worried because the staff were fantastic, the location great, the room spacious and clean, the bathroom had a bath AND a shower (I find this rare) and the shower was good pressure and constant hot water. There's a Starbucks under the hotel for mornings, and it's about half an hour by car from Newark Airport.
None of the things that have been quoted in negative reviews were here for me, except perhaps the noise, but if you're in New York what do you expect?"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of October 2004

Great location, good value

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"The location of the Cosmopolitan Hotel is great -- right next to the subway and convenient for getting uptown. The staff were helpful and polite, and the rooms were very clean. We were on the sixth floor, and heard very little noise from the street, which was very quiet anyway at night. I will definitely make this hotel my first choice for all future trips to NYC."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of October 2004

Great Location

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Great Location, right on the train line. Walk to Ground Zero, Wall St, Little Italy and Chinatown. Train at the door.

Rooms a bit small and lift very slow but otherwise good."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of October 2004

For Those of us Who Aren't Donald Trump!

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"As a Washingtonian who travels up to NYC often for both business and pleasure, you simply cannot find better value on Manhattan, period. A nice change from the big chain hotels--those familiar with the small, clean, inexpensive family run pensione hotels throughout Europe will feel very much at home here."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of October 2004

Great location and good value

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the Cosmopolitan for six nights at the beginning of October and we would highly recommend it. We found the hotel to be very clean and well maintained. It is excellent value for New York. Our room was on the seventh (top) floor and had a pleasant outlook but I understand that some of the rooms may not have windows. Although the hotel has no eating facilities there are dozens of excellent places to eat/drink within a short distance and the subway is very conveniently sited right outside the hotel. Also, although the location is interesting and lively you do not get the same overt tourism, manic bustle and noise of midtown - useful if you are trying to sleep. We found the staff to be courteous and friendly and If you are departing late in the day, as we were, they will gladly keep your baggage secure until you need it. We would definetly stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of October 2004

Fantastic stay at the Cosmo!

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"We stayed here Aug-Sept 04 and had a tremendous stay thanks to the great location, clean facilities and friendly staff at the Cosmo! We're coming back in December for what is sure to be another fantastic stay. Thanks to all the staff for helping to make our trip so memorable!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of September 2004