About The Bryant Park Hotel

• bath shower
  • baggage storage
  • breakfast in the room
  • express check in check out
  • fax photocopying
  • bridal suite
  • iron
  • babysitting
  • 24 hour check in
  • paid private parking nearby
  • dvd cd player
  • valet parking amenities

Loved the details

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I stayed here for 2 nights in Feb 13. I am usually hard to please, but the details impressed me. I booked a deluxe room 1604, one step up from their standard room. I was a little small, but perfect for myself here on business. It may not be worth it to pay the money for the upgrade. I found a good deal on ---- and got the deluxe for cheaper than the standard rate.
I'll tell you about the things I loved first:
-the bathroom was beautiful! a wonderfully powerful rainfall showerhead with independent handheld showerhead. long bath tub and beautiful sink. and the bathroom was about the same size as the bedroom area minus the closet and entry. robes, slippers, and superlong bath towels were a plus. i'm picky about details, so I was pleased to find that the next day the bathroom was completely spotless and there weren't even water marks on the faucet knobs or spouts.
-The room decor was modern and simple. the pillows are the best! better than at the venetian - and that's pretty good. flatscreen tv was nice. You'll want to use the sound machine in the room since sometimes the honking becomes a bit much.
-if you get room service at midnight, the turkey club is one of the best i've had ( and i'm not saying that because it's the only thing substantial to eat on the 6-item-menu at midnight)
-Trendy magazines in your room for your leisure: gotham, vantity fair, vogue. sweet! even some office supplies on the desk: highlighter, binder clips.

i was pretty pleased with the whole experience, but somethings they could improve were:
-the sound from the hallway was louder than I and hoped, although it didn't seem like I could hear my neighbors through the wall.
-the elevators are small and can barely accomodate 3 ppl + luggage
-the noise from the street is kinda unavoidable.
-they charged me for a $6 bottle of sparkling water that I didn't order. (but i didn't notice until i was on the plane home)

overall, i was pretty impressed and would stay again if the price was decent."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of February 2006

Great stay at the Bryant park Hotel

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel and loved it. The front desk was so helpful and the room was large, clean with a wonderful large bathroom and shower. We had a balcony with spectacular views. Location, location..... the hotel was a quick walk to Times Sq./ Grand Central and MOMA. We would definately stay again."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of February 2006

Great experience

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"We really loved our experience here!

1) We took a red-eye flight and arrived into NY around 5:30am, the hotel allowed us to check-in (eventhough their official check-in time is 3:00pm).

2) The room was fairly large for NY, large soaking tub, cashmere blanket, plasma tv, cd's w/ bose stereo, closet, nice modern design...clean and comfortable.

3) The front desk staff was ALWAYS helpful and never snooty, even at 6:00am.

4) Koi Restaurant (in the hotel) - very trendy, very delicious

5) Great location, walking distance to the Broadway Theatre, where we saw "The Color Purple"

Bottom line, great modern hotel, great service, hip crowd, no attitude. Probably wouldn't pick this hotel if I had three kids or grandma was with us..."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of January 2006

Chic but friendly

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"Our stay for a weekend getaway was great. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite facing Bryant Park. The room was absolutely huge by NYC standards. Decor was modern and minimalist but that's what I expected. Amenities were top notch. Contrary to some postings here, I found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating and neither of us are models :). The location is great...close to Times Square but without the masses, plus a 5 minute walk to Grand Central. We will stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of December 2005

And the beat goes on!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"This hotel tries too hard to be chic. If it just relaxed a little, some of its natural beauty would show through. For example, in the hotel brochure it talks about the importance of getting a reservation at the restaurant since it tends to book up early with "the A list crowd". Now give me a break. If you have to talk about it, then it probably isn't A list to begin with.

The architecture is neat, including the lobby and the cellar bar. The room we had, 804 was very small. The bathroom was the same size as the bedroom. The bed was a double, not a Queen as we requested and it was a bit tight for two people ( booked as a standard room through Expedia). The bathroom was very nice and the amenities were top flight. The choice of CDs for the Bose system was OK, but all of them had the same disco, runway beat that plays everywhere in the hotel, including the elevators, healthclub and Cellar bar. It would be a bit more relaxing to get away from the beat now and then.

The hotel does not have a lobby in which you could meet friends and the bar had continuous throbbing music, so it wasn't a good place to talk. If you want to have a quiet conversation in public ( as opposed to in your room), then this is not the hotel for you. Overall, I would stay here again, but at the rate we paid, it wasn't a bargain or a must revisit."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of November 2005

Not impressed

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"The hotel is very chic and trendy and the cellar bar hosts the "beautiful people" nightly, a plus if that's your thing.
I was not impressed by the lack of service and facilities in the hotel, there is no hotel lobby or bar to sit and meet people or relax during the day, the staff are a little aloof and if you do not fit into the surroundings they would seem to prefer you not be there. When you return back to the hotel on an evening you will be met by cue's of people waiting to get into the cellar bar, this give you the feeling of staying at a night club. On the plus side the rooms are very spacious and well apointed."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of November 2005

Well, Here is the way it is.

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We were at the Bryant Park for a full week in the Raymond Hood Suite - so here is the real truth.

1. The room was NYC big. A nice layout with two balconies and two - yes two flat panel televisions. Our room had a Bose player for my I-Pod and every type of stereo I could ask for.
2. The Bathroom was excellent - but needs a little more storage. Ours had a steam shower which was a suprise since I never saw it mentioned anywhere. I wish it had a seat but it was very relaxing.
3. The view of the Empire State Building was awsome - fills the bedroom window. Ask for the side that face the ESB.
4. The hard wood floors are well worn and make the rooms seem a bit older than I think they really are. The same as the throw rugs and the lack of art. The room decor is fashinable but it needs a bit more life.
5. The bed was soft and the sheets very correct. I slept well every night.
6. Room service was inflexible - they could not make even the slightest changes and you can't get food from the very good returant Koi - except what they allow.
7. The location is perfect - you can walk to it all - the subway is right there.
8. Free wireless in Bryant Park - I walked down every day to get my mail.
9. The Staff was very helpful - but you do need to ask for the help. Be specific and they respond with specifics but they are young and have a young persons focus.
10. The building is nice and the feel is hip but the touch of it all lacks the flair and sophistication of a Ritz or a Four Seasons - but then again for the same price as a base room in the Ritz I got all of the above.

In the end it is a good hotel - not great - but solid. I recommend the Bryant Park - but with one last BIG problem. We could hear everything that the people in the next room were saying - lucky us it was empty for 6 of our 7 days - if it had not been, no matter how much I liked it I would have probably moved."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of October 2005

Fun, Comfortable, and Accomodating

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We stayed at the BP for 7 nights. Business for my husband, pleasure for myself.
This hotel is perfect for 20-40 somethings looking for a fashionable, upbeat, hip experience with the price tag to match. Rooms vary widely, you may want to ask to see a couple and choose.
Cellar Bar is fun people watching and good music. It is packed on the weekends, with a line outside. If you are coming back to the hotel during the chaos, the Hotel Doormen move people aside to get you in if you are staying at the hotel. Makes you feel "taken care of". Koi has delicious food and friendly staff (although don't go too late or they seem to forget about you). If you need to go somewhere on Thurs-Sat, may want to have them arrange a car, cabs are HARD to come by, even though the Doormen are great about trying.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly staff and prompt service (even though we came in late). We were in the "superior category" (their base model). Our room was on the 15th floor (1501). It was a corner room with large (for NYC) open floor space, modern decor, comfy bed, cool furnishings, tasty treats in the mini, and huge windows. Only problem, we requested a non-smoking room, and smoke was coming in from all directions. Yuck.
After a move to a smaller, noisy room for one night(still in the same "category", we complained and they said it was all they had for that night) they moved us to 1801, same larger room as 1501 without the smoke. Better view as well.
Concierge is not always available and did not always return phone calls. BUT when we worked with Adrienne and she did a FABULOUS job of arranging anything we needed as well as making excellent dining recs. The staff in total was helpful and friendly.
Get your hair done at Pipino by Hector, get a workout in the clean user friendly gym, relax and enjoy the city. And quit your complaining."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of October 2005

Don't even bother, they don't!

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I have never encountered a more incompetent staff and management than I have at this hotel. I am a hotel manager myself and because of this, I am very forgiving as I understand that mistakes can happen. However, they went too far on this one.

The hotel property itself is interesting, if you like your hotel to feel like a night club. This did not bother me as I was looking for something with unique character.

The rooms are very modern, but bland. Housekeeping is fine, but not great. But the thing that makes a difference in a property is service. And the service is aweful!!

This stay was to be charged to a third person credit card as we were in NY on business and pleasure and we were charging this back to a business account. All of the paperwork was taken care of prior to our arrival and this was confirmed when we checked in.

We were entertaining clients on the first evening, so we purchased 2 junior suites. There was to be a king bed in one and two queens in another. We arrived and they had us in two rooms with double beds. They showed us another option for the king, which we took, but it was much smaller and I don't believe it was in fact a junior suite.

That first night, we ordered champagne with the clients (about $2K). The room service attendant was very nice.

When I got up the next morning, I had scheduled 2 massages in my guest room for myself and my girlfriend. The massage therapists were 20 minutes late and then the concierge called to inform me that the hotel does not permit charges of massages to a guest account--HE TOLD ME THIS WHEN THE THERAPISTS WERE KNOCKING ON MY DOOR!!

We had the treatment and then I offered the therapists my credit card; they said they could not take the credit card, but they always were able to charge it to the room. So this is what I did and called down stairs to inform them of this.

I was called 5 minutes later by the concierge who told me I must get up (after a relaxing massage) and go 2 blocks to the ATM as I had to give the therapists cash-- I did not have $400 in cash on me. I did this and then apologized to the therapists who were kept waiting. I told them that I had not been informed of the hotel policy and was frankly rather surprised. The concierge WINKED at me and made a dismissive gesture. I told him I would bring this up with his manager which he invited me to do. Then I found out why.

I got up to my room and there was a message from the front office manager who told me that I must bring a credit card to the front desk as they were not able to do third party billing. One might ask-- why do you have a credit card authorization form if you do not accept third party billing. And why would you confirm that everything was in good order upon check in. To this, I got many responses.

1. Credit Card was declined (I verified that this was not the case)
2. Third party billing is never allowed (contrary to what we were told when booking)
3. Third party billing was only permitted for $100.

I brought down my own card and this is what we used to settle the charges. I asked for the Front Office Manager's card as I was not ever able to connect with her when I was at the property. I told her of my experience via email and she did not reply. It was not until after I emailed the director of sales that I heard back from the manager I tried to contact. She made no effort of an apology and removed $200 from the final bill. I told her that frankly, this was a disaster and that I wanted a damn good explination for why it happened. Again, my emails were not returned, and the answer to the question about third party billing is still a mystery-- Particularly in light of the fact that an additional $200 showed up on the third party billing card after they told me this was not possible. They say this was minibar, but as we took no more than $50 from the minibar, I am sure they were just making up for the previous adjustment.

With so many better places to stay, please do not even consider this one. New York has too much to offer."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of October 2005

Best hotel in New York yet

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My husband and I stayed on the 22nd floor in a junior suite of this fabulous hotel. We have been to New York on two other occasions and both the hotels were dingy and dirty (and one of those was The Plaza). However, the Bryant Park Hotel was fantastically clean, it was bright, comforatable and ultra modern. It was also very spacious which is a real luxury in NY. We loved the deep bath, the huge shower and the bath products were a luxurious treat. The location was fantastic. A five minute walk to Fifth Avenue and a ten minute walk to Times Square. The hotel staff were always polite and courteous and very efficient. This is a hotel that we will definitely be visiting again and again."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of October 2005