Stewart Hotel

371 Seventh Ave, New York City, NY 10001-3984

location,location,location-great,great,great

"stayed at southgate towers, my first trip to new york, found the kocation was great, as grand central was a short walk away and it is very middle of manhat! also felt safe walking to and from hotel at night- great kitchen in room, friendly and helpful porters, restaurant -great food- room service hamburger- the best my husband ever had- and my vegi pasta was great too.
advise anyone to get a flexi-pass type ticket for the tube they are great value. would certainly use southgate towers again.

jo- manchester, england"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of April 2004

Wonderful Hotel

"Myself and partner went with my best friend and her partner to celebrate our 40th birthday. Stayed for 5 nights, and our room on the 15th floor was wonderful. Was very surprised at the size of room, and the bathroom was superb..sparkly clean. Kitchen well equiped and the tea and coffee replenished daily as were the towels. Maid rewashed the crockery even when I had done it. Don't get a room above the 23rd floor as they have not been revamped yet (so my friend found, but was rehoused on a lower level, which was again, a very high standard). We asked if we could extend our check out after midday as we weren't being collected until 3pm, and although they were v busy, they let us extend 1 room, which was a great help (and at no extra charge). Hotel located just across the road from Penn Station which is really handy for the subway. Macys a short stroll and times square about 10 minutes walk away. Could see the Empire State from our window, and everything a tourist from England wanted to see was easily reachable. Would highly recommend this hotel, and will stay there again next time we visit."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of April 2004

Great rooms

Good

"The Southgate Tower rooms are huge compared to other hotels I have stayed in in NYC. The staff could not be nicer. It is a grande hotel and the hustle and bustle of the lobby is invigorating. Perfect if you are attending MSG or want to shop at Macy's. Their newly renovated bar and eatery is so "NEW YORK". Well done."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of April 2004

excellent

"Arrived at hotel at 11 a.m. We figured we would leave bags and come
back at check in time. Front desk said a room was ready for check in,
so we did!

Hotel is at corner from Penn Station. I thought this was a great location, as we used the subway for everything.

Room was large, clean, and modern. Bathrooms were very clean and nice. Water pressure was great and hot. We were on the 6th floor, no view, but we were barely in the room. Heard no noise from neighbors (don't know if we had any)

Street noise could be heard, but it didn't disturb my sleep. Would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of April 2004

Fantastic Hotel

"Took my partner for her 40th birthday, had a wonderful time. The rooms were very spacious, clean with all the mod cons working. Staff were extremely helpful. Location couldn't be better for shopping, broadway, sights. Don't listen to anyone when they tell you not to use the subways, i thought they were safer than the underground. Anyway would highly recommend the Southgate & will stay there agian next time in New York."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of April 2004

Just Perfect!

"I booked a room via the hotel website after the excellent reviews I had read on this sight. Got a very good price on a one bed suite ($886 for 4 nights) and mentioned in my booking that the trip was for my father's 65th Birthday. Couldn't fault anything about this hotel - Location was excellent, Staff were friendly and very helpful and our room was fantastic. It was huge with a full size kitchen and large lounge area.
The room (2202) had a balcony that was so large the suite had three different doors leading out onto it, and probably the best view of the empire state building anywhere in New York. On arrival my dad was given a gift package that included wine, chocolates and a birthday card, which was a very nice touch. For all round value for money, location and service I would include this as one of my favourite hotels so far."

• Travel date: Tue 30th of March 2004

Charming

"We went to New York for the first time and the staff at Southgate helped us feel right at home. Upon checking in, we casually mentioned we were there for our 25th wedding anniversary and to our surprise within minutes a card, wine and cherry chocolates were sent to our room for the occation. We found everyone there EXTREMELY helpful (esp. Tom the bellman) the room was clean and elegant. The hotel had charm and the location was perfect for us to walk to Macy*s, Times Square and about town. What are you waiting for...get that reservation!"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of March 2004

Perfect!

"I stayed at the Southgate for 5 days and 4 nights but it was great! The room was big for a hotel in NYC for that price. (I stayed at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers in NY a couple years ago but the room was extremely small for such an expensive price so I don't think anyone should go there) I recommend the Southgate if you don't mind the noise of the shower/bathroom/hair dryer from the next room, and the view from the window. It's not a 4 star hotel but it was comfortable and it was close to Maycy*s and the Manhattan Mall! Starbucks was also right acrosse the street so we always went there for a morning coffee. I can't stand dirty hotels but Southgate was clean and the beds were nice. (They even had irons and iron boards in the closet!) You should definatley stay at the Southgate!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of March 2004

Our NYC visit

Good

"Hotel Staff where very helpful, location on 7th ave was great for subway,trains all used on or 3 night stay.Can't wait for a longer visit in 2005 so much to do and see.Regrets! Buying a suit from a retailer on 7th ave near Penn Station, poor quailty.Recommend! Grayline Manhatten Comprehensive Tour. Booked on line, tour guide new his stuff."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of March 2004

Fabulous time at Westminster Dog Show

"We spent 4 nights at Southgate Towers specifically because they allowed dogs from the Westminster Dog Show to stay there (we did not have a dog with us). AAA recommendation also played a part. We had a studio suite.
It was fabulous! Great location, friendly people, wonderful room exactly as advertised. We will definitely stay there again next time in New York. This was our first stay at Southgate. Congratulations on allowing dogs to stay during the Dog Show."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of February 2004

My friends and I (5 of us in total) went...

"My friends and I (5 of us in total) went to New York for some Christmas shopping. We departed on the 30th of November and returned on the 5th of December. We stayed in the Affinia Manhattan hotel on 7th Ave just across from Madison Square Gardens.

The Affinia Manhattan was situated right in the Heart of the City, just a short walk to Time square and just 2 blocks from Macys. The Hotel was warm and extremely clean, the kitchen area was perfectly adequate with a cooker, microwave, coffee machine, fridge etc. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

I would highly recommend this hotel for both local and facilities. Late November and early December ( after Thanksgiving ) is also a great time to go to New York as this time is the begining of their post thanksgiving / pre Christmas sales."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of January 2008

What a hotel lovely, a perfect place to...

"What a hotel lovely, a perfect place to stay whilst in Manhattan although maybe a bit pricey for someone on a budget. Stay towards the upper floors this will make sleeping a bit easier due to some heavy traffic noise that can happen.

All the staff from check in to checking out were very helpful and friendly and our room was also very comfortable. try and get the corner rooms too if possible this can get you some very scenic views again especially if up high. can’t complain at all really about the hotel.

Great location too for all the wannabe shoppers Macys just around the corner but can be worth venturing down to century 21 near the site of the twin towers there you can also bag a bargain or two.

If doing the tourist thing get up and go see the Empire state building prebook and do this early it will be busy you will be shocked at the queues if you don’t.

Apart from our breakfast we didn’t really use the restaurant too many options within a short walk, a fav we try and do is the hard Rock cafe when on our trips and there is a nice one just on Times Square. But there are so many options out there you won’t go hungry that’s for sure and it won’t hurt your pocket as you can eat for a wide variety of budgets.

getting about too is not difficult from here plenty of yellow cabs pass by and within 100 yards or so is the Penn Street Station that can get you all across town in a breeze.

This is a highly recommended hotel when I find myself again in New York this will be my first place to try and stay at.. no bad points to say from me.. hope there won’t be either from you if you give it a go."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of December 2007

Hotels near Stewart Hotel

Stayed at Stewart Hotel? Share your insight.

Stewart Hotel is also called