Good

An excellent basic hotel well positioned...

Reviewed 10th August 2006

"An excellent basic hotel well positioned within walking distance of fifth avenue and central park. Our room was huge! With a bedroom with two double beds, a bathroom (a little bit dated, but otherwise ok) and a huge lounge with pullout bed. 5 of us shared this room comfortably. The only slight complaints would be that the lift is a bit slow and the temperature of the shower wasn't always predictable! Didn't really deal with the staff all that much, just did our own thing. "

• Travel date: 10th August 2006

Great Hotel, Great Price, Friendly Staff...

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"...Perfect Location, WONDERFUL MEMORIES MADE! After days and days of searching (and reading reviews) for the "perfect place" for us to stay in NYC we truly found it! The Salisbury is pretty much the perfect location to most anything one would want to see in the city. We,my bestfriend and I celebrate our friendship each year with a trip to the city to "unravel" and catch-up. We already made plans to stay at the Salisbury next year.....hopefully in the same suite!!!! Ask for a 57th street view.....Hola Perros!!! The 1 bedroom suite was HUGE!!!! I mean huge!! Yes,the bedding is a tad outdated and the bathroom was a little small but everything was exceptionally clean and if anything did need attention,it was taken care of. The hallways....hmmmm. I read peoples reviews of the old,odd smelling hallways? HELLO? If you base your hotel experience on the presentation of hallways,you've got a problem! The continental breakfast was perfect. Worth $3? Definitely! The staff was friendly and accommodating (and funny). I'm sure we will never be forgotten!! Getting a cab is a breeze,luggage transfer went smooth but I must say the parking garage thingie was a little rough. It's only two blocks away but trying to park and get to the hotel at 4 PM. may cause a major check-in delay (traffic wise). Call ahead for directions to the parking garage then take a cab to the hotel to check-in. Over all,we had a wonderful time at the Salisbury. Many wonderful memories were made ,it's a great place for the price and location and we look forward to staying there again next year!"

• Travel date: 26th June 2004

here are the honest positives and negatives about this hotel...

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"was worried about staying here, not too bad, will stay elsewhere next time, here are the POSITIVES-good cheap breakfast, great location, lobby looks fine. they upgraded us to a huge room. NEGATIVES-hallways and rooms smell old, you can almost see through the sheets on bed, gross! old furniture, bathroom clean but old, staff not that friendly. We should have invested more money and stayed in a nicer hotel, if you don't go to NY that often and your taking someone who has never seen NY...stay somewhere nicer, spend the extra $$$$ and treat yourselfs."

• Travel date: 16th June 2004

Loved this hotel!

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite at the Salisbury in May 2004. Our suite offered plenty of space for the 5 of us. The Salisbury use to be apartments & I thought it gave a great feel of "old" New York. The location is FABULOUS! It's within walking distance of almost everything we wanted to do; Central Park, Times Square, Trump Tower, Carnegie Hall, Radio City Music Hall, etc. Also great resturants withing walking distance. The $3.00 breakfast offered by the hotel was a great value. I would definitely stay there again & would recommend it to my friends."

• Travel date: 13th June 2004

great mid-priced hotel

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"Our stay here was outstanding - we were upgraded to a suite which made our trip most enjoyable. I would recommend the Salisbury to anyone looking for a mid-priced hotel in Manhattan."

• Travel date: 8th June 2004

wonderfull

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"I went there with my three friends for 5 nights. And we all agreed it was a great hotel. The area was great, lots of restaurants near by (the Italian next door was very good) The rooms were very big, a living and a bedroom. The beds were good. And the manager was a very friendly man. We will ,If we return to New York, definitly stay again in the Salisbury Hotel."

• Travel date: 31st May 2004

OK for the money

Reviewed 5th November 2012

"OK for the money. But just OK Large room. Kind of drab, and tired-looking. Dank smell. Opening the windows, which actually do open wide, did not alleviate the smell. Great location. Good beds. Sink and tub drains did not empty well. Effective air conditioner. Clean. Unattractive hallways. Long waits for elevator. I think I'll stay elsewhere next time--but definitely not a bad hotel."

• Travel date: 27th May 2004

Adequate, at best

Reviewed 5th November 2012

"The lobby is someplace you don't want to be. The people at the desk are barely helpful. Our room was uninhabitable: the paint was peeling; the temperature was either freezing or stifling; we faced a brick wall. The management agreed to give us a better room, but did so reluctantly. The lighting in our room was so poor that we bought our own bulbs so we could read (or dress!) in the room after dark. Only one of the elevators worked, and on our last day there, we (and others) waited up to 30 minutes to board it. Yes, the rooms are clean and fairly large, and the location is good. But for the price, we'd urge any traveler to look further."

• Travel date: 26th May 2004

excellent value

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"This was an excellent value for under $150 when we stayed here in May 2004. Large rooms for NYC, well maintained, thick walls for quiet, pleasant room for free continental breakfast, and (of course) great if busy location."

• Travel date: 14th May 2004

I will go again to the Salisbury Hotel!

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"Just returned yesterday from a 5-days visit at New York. We stayed at the Salisbury Hotel. We heard all kinds of negative things about hotelrooms in New York, but we were amazed by the size of our suite. The living as well as the bedroom and bathroom were very big and friendly decorated and very very clean. The bathroom was rather old, but everything was working and the towels were big and soft. Indeed, the girls at the reception are not very friendly, but helpfull anyway. The location is perfect, at each corner of the block there is a subway and a busstop. We travelled a lot by bus, so much more comfortable than the metro! It's a minute walk to Central Park and just a blok away there is a shop were you can buy food. I think its called the Associated Market (just beside The Hardrock Cafe). Just beside the hotel there is a splendid Italian restaurant, Fontani di Trevi were we have had a superb dinner. I am planning to go to New York again in December with my daughter and we will stay in ther Salisbury again!"

• Travel date: 24th April 2004

Wonderful Location

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"Just returned from Salisbury. Wonderful location, great sized room - we had a suite which included kitchenette, large lounge with double sofa bed, large bedroom with 2 double beds and bathroom. Decor was a little tired and room was quite dark as the blinds did not work but it was very clean. Heating was a little hit and miss - 1 eve very warm next it didn't come on at all! Had a room at rear of hotel and it was incredibly quiet!! Reception staff were ok! Not the friendliest in the world! No crockery provided but they do give paper cups which were perfectly adequate and always replaced any coffee etc used that day.. The location is the best thing - 2 mins walk to Central Park, 5 mins walk to start of Times Square, Subway just on corner. Places to eat nearby even deli next door! We found best value at Park Cafe on 7th Ave between 55th and 56th and great pizza at Angelo's almost next door. Breakfast is available Wed - Sun at $3 - excellent value with eat as much as you like but avoid peak time of 9am - 9.30am - had to wait for table. Would definitely stay at Salisbury again - booked in Uk as a package deal with flights inc. Porter looked after bags on departure day - allow time for them to be brought up from where he keeps them, it can take a while! All in all a great time in a fantastic city."

• Travel date: 20th April 2004

Hotels near Salisbury Hotel

Salisbury Hotel is also called

• salisbury hotel new york
  • salisbury new york
  • salisbury new york city