Ritz Carlton Hotel

Two West Street, New York City, NY 10004

Good

Best Luncheon!!!

"On Sat. May 1st the Agonian Alumni Association of SUNY New Paltz had our yearly spring buisness luncheon at the Ritz-Carlton. The food, service, location, view.... everything was outstanding!!! Long time members remarked this was one of the best. Andrew and his staff were wonderful. I am not on the planning board but I understand we are booking there for next year. I highly recomend the Ritz for any event."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of May 2004

The Ritz at the Tip

"This was our third trip to the Ritz-Carlton Battery Park. We like the tip of Manhattan area for the views. The hotel mind you is very nice. The rooms have wonderful harbor views. The beds are a dream. In the past we especially became keen on their Concierge, Mr. Eric Sofield however this trip we found out he had left the hotel. We were very saddened because he was one of the best concierge we have ever experienced in the world. They seem to have a concierge staff now with no grace. Perhaps next trip it will be better. O’ yes try to see the new sky scraper museum in the building also if you are there. Cheery O"

• Travel date: Sat 1st of May 2004

Wow!!!! Romantic and very personal

"Wow!!!! We arrived at The Ritz Carlton on 4/24 around 8:00pm...and were treated like royalty. It was my husband birthday so I planned in advance for the Club Level deluxe room , with a rose petal turn down service upon arrival. This was a surprise for my husband and they did not spoil it!!! We were greeted by the Club Level staff the minute we stepped off the elevator with a personal card, a drink offer and a verbal Happy Birthday to my husband. We entered our room , with the lights turned low, romantic music playing, and fresh rose petals all over the bed. The ice bucket was filled and champane glass were ready to go. They even offered to fill the marble tub with a bubble scent of our choice.... The atmoshere was perfect. The Club Level food was included in our hotel stay...with an incredible variety of foods, drinks, and even different water from around the world. ( I definitely recommend.) The staff was wonderful and they personally remembered our name thoughout our short stay. I never felt so comfortable in a hotel!!! The food...delicious .....you won't want to leave. This Ritz is clearly a five star hotel!!!!! Can't wait to visit New York again."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of April 2004

Exquisite!!!

"This hotel is truly worthy of the fine reviews. We arrived at the Ritz immediately after our wedding and we were treated well from the moment we arrived.
We were upgraded to a harborview room on the 9th floor that was superb and we were surpised with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. The food and cocktails at The Rise and 2 West are very good and the staff is very courteous.
I can not get over how accomodating the entire staff is. Upon request the staff delivered to our room a copy of the Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal along with our New York Times. The staff was also able to open the business center for me at 1AM when I needed to catch up on some work. We would gladly stay at this hotel again and we recommend it to anyone coming to NY!"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of April 2004

Outstanding

"OMMGGGGG this hotel is wondeful me and my mom stay4ed there 3-6 to 3-7 and it was wonderfullllllll we wanted an early check in but we waited for 2 hrs after we checked off an early check in a 9 am while we were waiting me and my mom went had breakfast thereeere outstandinnng then saw WTC by the time 12 pm came around they finally had a oom and upgraded us to a harbor room caz we watied for awhile for a room and the pppl there have the most nicest manners evver.There rooms ar beatuifl and there bathroomms.Telecscope in the harbor roomm nd all there facilited conceirge everything never complained it iss a great price,,but one thing is the mini bar hadd high priced food $5 for a soda ad 3.50$ for a bag of m&ms but everything was great"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of April 2004

WOW!!

"Wow!! What a great hotel. We had booked the cheapest rate available and were treated like royalty. We tried to check in early and were told that our room was available, but if we were willing to wait a little while, they could upgrade us to a suite. We decided to wait for the upgrade and were so glad that we did. The room was amazing. The service at the hotel was also superb. If you go for a drink, make a reservation for the bar on the 14th floor to see the sunset. It is beautiful."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of March 2004

In a word....SUPERB!

"We stayed at the Ritz from 02-27 to 02-29 and truly enjoyed our stay.
We were upgraded to a waterfront room (w/o asking) and it was lovely!
Lauren at the reception desk was so polite and warm, it was refreshing.
The entire staff, from the bellman to housekeeping were warm and welcoming, not pretentious! We dined at the 2 West restaurant (onsite) and it was delicious and well priced. I contacted housekeeping for slippers and they were brought to my room within 5 minutes. The maid did a great job cleaning our room each day. Taxi's midtown ranged from 10-14(each way) not including the tip. It was well worth it because the location of this property is lovely. It is quiet and has an understated elegance. Venice Lacy and Chooi Li Loo provided us with a pleasant surprise upon our return to our room the first night. Chocolate covered strawberries (decorated like tuxedos)were placed in our room in honor of our anniversary! What a nice touch! It made our 10th aniversary one to remember. We'll be back!"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of March 2004

Fantastic Location, Service, Overall Wonderful

"This is without doubt the best hotel i have ever stayed in - we were treated amazingly from the momment we arrived. The rooms were very for new york standards and the views of the statue of liberty were stunning.

Although at the very bottom of manhatten, we could get the subway upto Midtown and Fifth Avenue in around 15-20 minutes which is a small price to pay.

Turndown service was exemplarary.

Rise Bar also comes highly recommended, especially their enormous deserts.

Great hotel, Great People."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of February 2004

too far out

"we've just returned from a stay at the Ritz, battery park. The hotel was small and very quiet. The room was blandly decorated and we had to pay extra for a harbour view which wasn't really worth it because the statue of liberty is only just in view. The location is awful - you have to get a taxi just about everywhere. The hotel is very expensive - breakfast for 1 adult & 2 children came to about $96 and was not that great. I think this hotel is great for business travellers who want to stay downtown but not for families visiting NY."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of February 2004

nice, only a few minor complaints

Good

"My sister and I stayed here only for one quick night after a concert at Madison Square Garden. We weren't able to take advantage of all that the Ritz offered. However upon checking in, the staff upgraded us to a waterfront room and were so pleasant to deal with. We went to the bar on the 14th(?) floor for dessert and tea at 12:00am and although they were done serving food, they were nice enough to get us our chocolate fondue we were craving. The only complaint was that housekeeping did not clean out the minibar from the previous guests, who left their food and drink in it (gross) and there was a very large stain on the carpet next to the window. Other than that, the hotel was beautiful, staff was up to par with Ritz standards, and the rooms and bed were quiet and pleasant. I would highly suggest paying the extra cab fare downtown to this hotel, where it is a bit quieter."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of January 2004

You certainly get the Ritz-Carlton excel...

"You certainly get the Ritz-Carlton excellence that you expect from this hotel.

Our room was brilliant. Excellent decor with a wonderful view of the statue of liberty; a DVD player - not that you get much time to spend with so much shopping to do; a bedside CD player & radio with sound quality that has to be heard to be believed and an amazingly comfortable bed.

The staff were professional and courteous at all times. We had a rather embarrassing incident with the bathroom (I won't go into details!) which was dealt with swiftly and with a smile (the chap who repaired the fault wore a shirt & tie - not often you see that on a plumber!)

This truly fabulous hotel has only one noticeable downside - it's based in the financial district and is slightly out of the way for those of us wanting to spend, spend, spend and sample the delights of Broadway. Getting taxis and the underground wasn't too much of a problem, but I imagine that the majority of guests are on business rather than pleasure trips.

There are some shops close by - one of my recommendations (for anyone staying in New York) is to visit the totally amazing Century 21 discount shopping centre, which is about a ten minute walk from the hotel. Go on, bag yourself a bargain!

• Travel date: Sun 30th of April 2006

Hotels near Ritz Carlton Hotel

Stayed at Ritz Carlton Hotel? Share your insight.

Ritz Carlton Hotel is also called