Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel

Two Times Square 714 Seventh Avenue at W. 48th Street, New York City, NY 10036

would i go back??!!

"would i go back?? bet your life i would!! i thought this hotel to be brilliant,the views you get of times square were amazing.
all of the staff that we came across were very friendly and very helpful,especially the guys on the desk in the foyer one young man in particular but we missed his name, will ask next time for sure!! our room was more than ample in size and the beds,we couldn't wait to get tired and for night-time to arrive they were so comfortable, big and plenty of pillows to bury yourself in!! we also had a cocktail or two in the foley's bar, excellent, would recommend the 2 times cocktail beautiful!! this hotel is also within walking distance of many attractions, central park, rockefeller centre, macy's, empire state building and many more."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of December 2004

VIP Treatment? Not Here!

"VIP Treatment, Not here.

My girlfriend used to be a frequent traveler and acquired thousands of points every year. We were looking for a property in which we could use her points at and none were available via the net. I contacted the Revenue Manager at the Renaissance Times Square and asked if they may be able to make an exception, in which he kindly did. Great start!

On October 22, We were in town for a wedding, and I wanted make our trip special for my girlfriend, as this was our first trip together. I called ahead and attempted to speak with the Front Office Manager to see what sort of VIP treatments I could arrange for my girlfriend as a surprise. To my disappointment, after a few phone calls, voicemails, and an email to Mr. Robert Solis (Front Office Manager), I never received a response.

Concerned I was not going to get a response from Mr. Solis, I contacted the concierge staff in a last ditch effort. The staff seemed friendly and eager to help. Upon my request, they quickly arranged for a sedan to pick us up from the airport as well as arrange some flowers. I asked if the flowers could be placed in the room prior to our arrival. The woman stated that they would not be able to accommodate my request due to her concern that the front desk may move our room at the last moment and we may not receive the flowers at all. Again, I was disappointed.

Upon arrival at the airport, we were not greeted by anyone. While my girlfriend was in the washroom, I then contacted the Limo Company (Spectacular). I gave the person on the phone my confirmation number in which the concierge at the hotel had given me. The woman asked if I was another individual. I stated no, but thank god a few moments into our conversation a driver appeared with my girlfriends last name misspelled. The driver was nice and was a happy surprise for my girlfriend.

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by a nice, true New Yorker Bell Person in the beautiful lobby. He directed us to the front desk in the lobby on the second floor. The two men at the front desk seemed disinterested in our arrival and never even welcomed us to the hotel. After we received our keys, we were directed to the concierge desk across the lobby as we were instructed we had a message. Frustrated with the fact that I knew this was the flowers I had arranged, I walked my girlfriend over to the desk. The concierge took our name and walked away coming back with the flowers, handing them to me. Again, my girlfriend was surprised, but I was disappointed. We were then directed to the guest elevators and stood there with our luggage and the flowers for about 10 minuets before we found out there were people stuck in the elevator. We were directed back down to the main lobby on the first floor where we were instructed to take the employee elevators. While we waited for the employee elevator, we encountered the friendly Bell Person from our arrival along with some members of the security team and some others. Needless to say, we got the lowdown on what was happening with the elevators and how often it occurred which made us question whether we should get into the elevators. We eventually made it to our room, which was very nice and even overlooked the Hershey Store across the street.

The next day, we packed up and went out for my first tour of New York and came back around 4pm to find our room had not been cleaned. However, I did find a nice card on the desk letting us know who our Housekeeper would be and that they would be servicing our room during our stay, which I thought was a nice touch. Unfortunately, our room was never serviced.

Moral of the story is, the hotel has a lot going for it. Awesome location, nice clean facility, and beautiful rooms with breath taking views, but seems to lack the basics of customer service. Service starts with hiring, training, and most importantly, management. Seems simple to me... all I wanted was for my girlfriend to be treated as a princess."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of November 2004

Why is this hotel NOT in the TOP 5!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!

"WHOA!!! What a truly magnificent hotel.. First off, we were upgraded to a view room at NO charge; we just asked.. This hotel is in the middle of the most happening city on the planet.. Close to all of the tourist traps and the not soo touristy areas, and yet when you are in your comfortable room, you feel like you are NOT anywhere near a city that literally NEVER sleeps.. Sweet and diligent service by ALL staff members.. What else can this hotel have?? Free shoe shine, cool consierge service and NO elevator issues, had service to and from room in seconds, even though we were on the 16th floor.. Consider this awesome hotel next time you visit New York!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of November 2004

Renaissance was great

"Just arrived back 24 November 2004
First time in New York in fact first time in the States. Everything about this hotel was superb. Arrived on our wedding anniversary and decided to eat in Foleys as it was a special occasion and expected it to be really expensive. It turned out to be no more expensive than any restaurant in our local town. The food and service were wonderful only mistake we made was ordering a starter we were so full couldn't eat all the main course. Rooms were good and clean. Expected it to be noisy when we saw Times Square but not at all. We too had excellent service from Omar the concierge and the rest of the staff. Would definitely recommend this hotel"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of November 2004

I'll return -- say no more

"My first time to the Renaissance, New York and America, what an experience. I chose the Renaissance from the many hotels because the Advisor comments seemed to fit in with what we wanted. I must say all expectations fulfilled. From the moment we arrived we knew it was right, the comfortable double beds, a room overlooking 7th Ave large enough for 4 adults to base themselves for a few days and a location in Times square second to none. The hotel security made you feel at ease and the staff very helpful especially Omar the concierge. The only problem is I want to go back and do the things I didnt do this time around and when I do it will be the Renaissaince I visit.
Tip, for a bit of entertainment with a meal try Ellens Diner on Broadway next to the Winter Garden Theatre."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of November 2004

Renaiisance was great

"Stayed at the Renaissance in Times Sq. to celebrate my birthday with my 2 sisters and mom. From the beginning we were not disappointed. Spacious for 4 women. Beds were super comfortable and pillows were great. Bathrooms had marble and a great showerhead. The staff was excellent esp the housekeeping service. Gave us extra towels, cups, creamer etc. The location was the best. Will stay again on my next trip."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of November 2004

Great Hotel in a Great Location

"The Renaissance Hotel was not only in a great location--it also has nice sized rooms and a beautifully decorated lobby. We checked in after a long international flight. The bed there are extremely comfortable and the bathrooms, although not large, were larger than many in New York Hotels and had granite countertops.

Usually when we stay in Times Square, we go to the Marriot Marquis. Compared to that hotel, the rooms are nicer, the elevators quicker, and it is much quieter than the ever busy Marquis.

The staff was friendly and the room clean. We will stay there again!"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of November 2004

Very Nice Hotel

Good

"We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in October 2004. The hotel was fine. Very clean, very central (albeit very well insulated from the traffic and noise of Times Square). Very friendly. The room was quite big for the centre of New York. The bathroom was very clean and, again, pretty big. We have stayed at many 4/5 star hotels in the UK and Europe and would have no hesitation going back to the Renaissance Times Square."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of October 2004

Very nice hotel

Good

"We stayed here during our first trip to New York and the hotel was conveniently located, clean, nicely decorated. The room was small, but we expected that. This was a great hotel, especially for the price compared to others. I would stay here again."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of October 2004

Great Hotel! This was our second visit

"This was our second visit to the Renaissance. When we arrived, we asked for a room with a view, instead we were given a room on the 5th floor! We weren't happy about that, especially when at 3 a.m. we were woken up by a noise that sounded like someone was hammering on the floor above us. The next day our key cards stopped working. We went to the front desk and complained that we had asked for a room with a view and got the 5th floor. Also, we pointed out that we were paying the rack rate and were Marriott Rewards members. The clerk apologized and said when we checked in, the hotel was full but he could now move us to a room on the 26th floor, which we agreed to, and asked if we needed help moving, which we declined. Moving showed us one thing--the rooms are not all the same, in fact we found the room on the 26th floor had a nicer showerhead and a bigger ice bucket, as well as a stand to hang a suit jacket. We met our room attendant--she was very nice and helpful to us. The only place in the hotel that has a full-on view of Times Square is Foley's Restaurant. We ate a late breakfast there one rainy day--we missed the buffet, had to order off the regular menu, which is incredibly expensive. However, we were the only ones in the place and got the best table. The breakfast was good, but you can find much cheaper food elsewhere. The location of the Renaissance is good--near Times Square but not in the thick of it. No matter what time you go out, Times Square is mobbed. If you ride the subway, which we did, you don't have to catch the train in Times Square. There are 2 stations that are close to the hotel--the 49th Street one and the 50th street one. No express trains stop there, however. While I agree with other posters, you can find cheaper hotels in NYC (as well as ones that are more expensive), we will stay here again. The rooms are nice--you have more room if you have a room with just a king-sized bed. The staff has always been helpful and friendly--when we checked out, even a hotel maintenance man asked us how our visit was. When we ate at Foley's the manager came to our table to see how things were and even recommended things we could do on a rainy day."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2004

The Renaissance NY Times Square hotel ri...

Good

"The Renaissance NY Times Square hotel rises 26 stories above Times Square and is ideally situated for all of your travelling needs when visiting the City.

The Hotel offers guests a perfect location in the centre of the world's best entertainment and shopping and places of interest around the City that people on their holidays would like to visit.

The Hotels bar and restaurant were very good, offering a wide range of foods at competitive prices. Both were very clean and tidy and looked like they had had a lot of interior work done on them in recent times.

There is also a Business Centre available at this location which is useful for companies to hold meetings and conferences.

The rooms were absolutely superb and were very spacious. They had TV's, en-suite bedrooms and tea and coffee making facilities along with very nice air conditioning.

As stated previously the location is very good and was also near to train & bus stations, shopping centres and not that far from the airport.

Overall the stay in NY was great and the hotel made it a part of that."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of January 2008

Went to New York as part of a two month...

Good

"Went to New York as part of a two month trip around the USA. Spent one week in NY.

NY was my favourite place in the USA, in the full week we crammed as many things as poss in, but still didn’t manage to do half the things we wanted to do.

Its dirt cheap to eat out, the clothes and shops are so cheap compared to the UK.
Soho and The Meat Packing District were my favourite places in NY.

As for the hotel, it was fabulous, but very expensive and a bit snooty. Its smack bang in the centre of NY, and it has a restaurant attached. I wouldn’t recommend the restaurant though as the food and the prices aren’t the best. plus there are so many better places to eat on your doorstep.

The rooms themselves are fine, small, but I found that to be commonplace un the USA.

Whatever you do, do not use the telephone in the room to ring the UK! So expensive.
You won't be disappointed with the city or the hotel though.

• Travel date: Wed 8th of February 2006

Hotels near Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel

Stayed at Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel? Share your insight.

Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel is also called