Good

Victim of rip off ?

Reviewed Sun 3rd of April 2011

"I stayed at this hotel for two nights in December after a Carribean cruise. A reward after my retirement after 30 years as a Police officer.
We arrived very early on the Friday morning and were quickly checked into our room. A good start as we wanted as much time as we could to explore New York. We had booked a double room via a travel agent who we have used for many of our holidays. On entering our room we were confronted by a single bed. I asked a chambermaid on the floor what type of room this was, and she confirmed it was a single room.(She did not see my partner in the room.)
I returned to the reception and spoke to the lady who checked us in. I stated that there had been a mistake and we had been given a single room, and the room was not a double room as stated on the booking form which i had with me. At this point she stated that the room was a double room. I pointed out the fact that if it was a double bed why was there only one set of pillows, and invited her to come and look at the bed. She merely stated that she had worked there 6 years and she knew her rooms.
I informed her that i had spoken to a chambermaid who confirmed to me it was a single room.
On being confronted with this she changed her tact by stating that i had got what had been ordered by my travel agent. Basically she put the blame on them.
I stated that the room was not suitable, confirmed to her that it was a single room and a double room had been booked. She checked the system and stated that a twin room was available for an extra $30 per night. I reluctantly accepted this offer.
I returned to my partner who was still in the single room. Outside was what turned out to be one of the senior bell boys. I asked him what type of room i had been given. He could see my partner. He would not say what type of room it was.
On returning to the UK i spoke to my travel rep, who along with a New York agent confirmed a double room had been booked. Despite being contacted several times the Hotel have refused to reply. To me that says it all.
I can only assume that this was an attempt to extract more money from their visitors by the Hotel. In fact they only got $30 extra off me for the two nights as i made my feelings known to the staff who said i could have the room for £15 per night extra.
As i knew that this was a con i did not eat, drink or spend any more money at this hotel.
If they had offered an upgrade when i arrived, showed me the twin room, i would have taken up their offer. They would have got the $60 per night, plus breakfasts drinks etc for two nights.
My travel agent has refunded my extra outlay at this hotel as gesture of good will.
I have seen other reports on web sites which tell of a similar experience"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of March 2011

Perfect place to stay in Times Square

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"If you need to stay in Times Square, there is no better place to stay than the Paramount. This was probably our 7th or 8th time staying there, and we just love the place. For NYC the rooms are a fairly decent size, the rates are always great and you can't get any more conveniant for the theaters. Check-in was a breeze, and Catherina made sure to take excellent care of us checking to see if any upgrades were available and making sure we got a room that was ready when we checked in. What's even more amazing is that for the number of people that Brian the doorman (Go Steelers) sees every day that he actually remembers us every time we come. The guy always has a smile on his face and can get you a cab so fast that it'll make your head spin.
The 2nd floor bar is always a great place to have a drink before heading to a show or for a nightcap before calling it a night.
The concierge desk can help you out with dining recommendations, show tickets or just great suggestions for things to do.
Whenever we stay in Times Square, there is nowhere else we would rather stay."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of January 2010

Thank you Brian and Natalie!

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"Thank you so much Brian, the Doorman, and Natalie, Front Desk Staff, at the Paramont Hotel in New York City for your outstanding Customer Service when I stayed at your wonderful hotel on January 7th & 8th. Brian braved the bitter cold temperatures many times during my stay opening the door and hailing taxis for me. Your friendly, helpful approach was so appreciated Brian. :) After a very minor clitch in our room assignment, Natalie apologised and generously offered us a complimentary breakfast at the hotel the following morning. WOW! What an awesome gesture Natalie, and a clear demonstration that you go above and beyond to provide positively outrageous service to you Customers. I will definitely be staying with you again at the Paramont on my the next trip to NYC! :) Jane/Orlando, FL"

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of January 2010

It was the worst Hotel Stay Ever

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"I have never had such a horrible experience in a hotel ever. My husband is allergic to down bedding and had discussed this over the phone with the front desk staff prior to arriving and was told it would not be a problem to get non-down bedding and have it in the room when we arrived. When we got there the room still had down bedding and since the room was SO small, the only way for my husband to avoid the bedding was to sit in the bathroom to wait for the maid. (The bathroom was tiny and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in weeks.) After over an hour they never appeared. When we called back, some one finally came who didnt speak english and didn't know why they had been called to our room. When we finally got our new bedding about 5 hours after arriving, we found brown stains on them that appeared to be blood. The next morning we asked for and received a new room, but had to move out for the day and not return until after 4 pm. The new room was bigger, but still very dirty, however we decided to stay anyway. Big mistake. The new bathroom apparently leaked into the floor below and while out of the room, someone came in and started knocking out the bathroom with all of our stuff still in there. I returned to the room after some sightseeing to find the mess with construction debris all over our toiletries and no functioning bathroom. We checked out immediately and moved across the street to the Mariott. This hotel is in a great location but I have nothing positive to say about it otherwise. I have stayed at $20 per night facilities that made this place look like a palace."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of January 2010

Amazing hotel...Perfect location!

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for a night out in the city after seeing a Broadway show. The hotel was beautiful and the rooms were very clean. From the moment we entered we were greeted by friendly and helpful hotel staff members. We were able to check in immediately without having to wait around. The hotel was located right in the middle of all the excitement of Times Square. We literally walked outside the hotel and were standing on line for the show we were going to see. We were steps away from all the major Broadway shows and amazing restaurants. We didn't even have to look at a taxi the entire time we were there. There was even a nice trendy bar in the hotel lobby to hang out in. We definitely intend to visit this hotel again!"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of January 2010

Great experience

Good
Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"Just back from New York with eight friends. We stayed at the Paramount Hotel which was central to all the amenities. The rooms were compact, but we spent little time in them. They were cleaned every day. The bed was so comfortable. The staff were very helpful especially Brian the doorman. I would recommend the Paramount Hotel to anyone visiting New York."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of January 2010

Amazing Location. Fantastic Price.

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"I just returned home after staying here for 4 nights. Sure the room was a little small, but this is NYC - you dont spend much time in your room. The lobby always made for a great gathering area and I loved the weather mirrors outside the elevators. Finally, Brian is NYC's Friendliest Doorman and always had a taxi waiting for me! Thank you for a great stay!"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of January 2010

I LOVED Brian the doorman!!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Brian the doorman made my visit!!! He was friendly, helpful, sweet and gave that great New York friendly vibe. I would come back just to have him find me a taxi!!! Thanks!
Va Bertholet"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of January 2010

Simply Perfect

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to Diana and Nathalie for making our first trip to the Big Apple so great!

As it was a birthday treat, Nathalie upgraded our room free of charge. The room was lovely with a double bed each, (which was probably the most comfortable bed ive ever slept in) nicely decorated and clean. The cleaners came every day and left the place immaculate.

If its your first time in New York then The Paramount is the place to be, right in the heart of Times Square and around a 10 minute walk to 5th Avenue, Central Park and the Rockefeller Center, you want for nothing. Luckily for us, our concierge Diana helped us get about, she was so knowledgable and friendly, I dont know what we would have done without her. She helped us with everything from where to go for breakfast to how to get about using the subway.

There wasnt a particular best bit about our trip, the whole thing was amazing, and the only bad part was the fact that four days just wasn't long enough! Will definatly be going back and would recommend this hotel to families, groups of friends or young couples alike!"

My daughter's 16th Birthday

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"I just returned from NYC. I took my daughter to see a play and spend the weekend. We had never been to the city before and didn't know what to expect. The hotel was perfect, service was phenominal, and the location couldn't have been better (1 block from Times Square). I would recommend this hotel to anyone and plan on returning myself. Also a great thank you to the friendly Doorman Brian. This is the one and only hotel I plan on staying at while in New York City"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of January 2010

Unbeatable Price for NYC Hotel & Great Location!

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"My husband & I stayed at the Paramount 12/21-12/22/09. We were happily surprised the Paramount had recently been renovated & purchased by a new company. We stayed at the Paramount approx 8 yrs ago when formerly owned by another company & it left a lot to be desired & was in dire need of an upgrade to the rooms at that time. During this stay in Dec. 09, we saw a huge improvement! Rooms were remodeled/renovated & much cleaner. They still have the same fabulous lobby/lounging area, as well as 2 bars, one with a restaurant. Bars/rest are pretty hip & trendy. Staff at front desk was fabulous, courteous & so helpful upon check-in/check-out. Nathalie at front desk was amazing! We met her upon check-in & when checking-out she remembered our names, what room we stayed in & everything we shared with her upon check-in, such as being in town for my birthday & both of our ages. She was a true pleasure to work with. The price of the rooms are unbeatable for NYC! We're avid travelers & go to NYC at least once/twice a year & always stay in Manhattan. The Paramount is in a prime location, right in the center of the theatre district & Times Square. The room decor is very minimalistic. We stayed in a king room & it was quite spacious, but had very little furniture. However, it had the essentials such as comfy bed, flat screen/wall mounted TV, night stand, safe, iron/ironing board, etc."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of January 2010

4 days in New York-brilliant! What a fan...

Reviewed Tue 10th of January 2006

"4 days in New York-brilliant! What a fantastic time my daughter and I had, in spite of our first flight taking off 2 hours late, resulting in us missing our connecting flight and having to wait 8hrs for another and then discovering, when we landed at JFK, that my suitcase had been lost! I never did get it back!

Lots and lots of things to see and do, and all very accessible. Very friendly, helpful people-I can't praise them enough!

We came out of the theatre at 11pm on Sat night, to a heaving throng, and felt as safe as houses! No drunks or yobs-just lots of happy people having a good time! It was a truly amazing 4 days and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone!"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of January 2006

Hotels near Paramount Hotel Times Square New York

Top traveller tips for Paramount Hotel Times Square New York

• oggy7224 by oggy7224

"100 yards from Times Square "

Paramount Hotel Times Square New York is also called