Millennium Broadway New York Times Square

Good

Our flights were with American Airlines...

Reviewed Sun 15th of January 2006

"Our flights were with American Airlines via Boston and we were asked to switch to a direct flight with BA, business class leaving at the same time. We agreed but were then told when we got to BA check in that AA had no right to say we could fly business class. After an hour backwards and forwards we went economy on the direct flight and got $500 compensation flight vouchers each from AA. Unfortunately when they cancelled us off the outbound flight with AA they also cancelled our return flights! Fortunately the AA staff in New York were fantastic and managed to get us on an earlier flight so no harm was done.

When we arrived at the Millennium Broadway we were then told that our booking was not showing. The receptionist did manage to find our details but Lastminute.com who we booked through had given them the wrong dates and had us booked in for the three previous days to when we arrived. Again, the staff were fantastic and after some time did sort out the booking and managed to get us into an amazing room on a high floor, with floor length windows on two sides overlooking the very centre of Times Square (and a fantastic view of the life size King Kong and the stars and crew of the film when the premier was on in new York that week).

As for New York itself, this was our third visit and it remains my favourite destination worldwide. Both the other visits were in summer and I do feel that New York is at its best in the summer months. The Christmas lights and decorations and the ice rinks etc are fantastic, but the temperature does fall very low and with most of the sights being outdoors it is difficult to fully appreciate the best of New York at this time of year.

We had a few hiccups with the actual travel arrangements but these things happen and the staff were in all cases very good to us and we did have a fantastic time.

• Travel date: Sun 15th of January 2006

Firstly, let me say that my holiday was...

Reviewed Mon 1st of November 2004

"Firstly, let me say that my holiday was fantastic, and I really couldn’t have wanted to do more in the time I was there.

The Millennium Broadway hotel was a 4* right in the middle of Times Square. Although very grand looking in the lobby I would say that the room itself was more 3* than 4* but even so, it was excellent for what it was. Unfortunately I didn’t get to try the restaurant (only for breakfast) but it looked fantastic.

TOP TIP: If you go to NYC and want to catch a show on Broadway, go and see the concierge of your hotel if there is one. They can get ticket to almost anything, anytime and for any price range.

The only reason I give this holiday an 8/10 review is due to the expense. NYC is a lot more expensive than one might think. I would totally go back though.

Everyone I knew that had been to New York already was telling me things I should go and do. I decided not to take their advice and do what I wanted to do anyway.

Empire State - obviously, was great but hated the queues.

Liberty and Ellis Islands - Excellent tour although very strict security involving removing most of your clothes and belt and sticking it all through an x-ray machine.

Chinatown - Dirty streets and I couldn’t pick a restaurant.

Little Italy - Better than Chinatown to say the least.

Central Park - Could have walked around it for days.

The Metropolitan museum of Art - Fantastic to walk round and see paintings you have only ever seen on the TV or as prints.

The Natural History Museum - Really worth a look, the IMAX show was good too.

Tiffany and Co. - The missus dragged me in twice. Very expensive and could have blown the credit card very easily.

Ground Zero - You just have to see it to believe it."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of November 2004

We loved the Millennium Broadway!

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We stayed here 4 nights in Feb. 04. We checked in at 11 AM after a red-eye flight. Great room with fabulous view of the Chrysler Building- incredibly helpful staff. Got a great rate through QuikBook. Will definiitely stay here again!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of May 2004

Consistently exceeding my expectations

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"I have stayed at this hotel 5 times and as a matter of fact booked it again today for my next stay in NYC. All I have to share is positive!! The location, the cleanliness of the rooms, the value for your money, the proximity to Lagaurdia airport. As 2 females traveling together, we feel extremely safe at this property. The staff is well-mannered and I would strongly recommend to anyone looking for a lovely stay at a reliable property."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of May 2004

An absolutely wonderful stay .. value for money and great location!

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"Wow, what a great hotel.. GREAT location.. great price per night ... great rooms, great service..I really can't think of one bad thing to say about this hotel. It was a nice suprise, when we opened our curtains and had views of Time Square! Have been recommending this hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to New York . I know we will definitely be booking this hotel again."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of May 2004

Great Location!!

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Location of this hotel is fantastic. All the things you want to see are within walking distance. We did only stay for the one night in this hotel and the lobby, bar and function rooms are lovely. I do have to say that the room wasn't as great as expected, it was in need of decoratating with grimy carpets, marks on the walls and the handle falling off the mini-bar but the view was magnificent! The only other thing that bothered me was the waitress in the bar was quite rude but I suppose we all have off days!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of May 2004

Great short break

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Just returned from a short break at this hotel.An excellent hotel,efficient and friendly staff,clean and comfortable rooms but best asset of all is the location.Just off Times Square it has to be one of the best positioned hotels. If given the chance request a room on a high floor to avoid looking out on to the lower level office buildings close by.Virgils restaurant opposite is fantastic.Used by visitors and locals it was worth every penny{dollar!]Char grilled steakes etc delicious!! Would return here again as it represents good value for money."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of April 2004

Spectacular Spectacular!!!

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"Had an excelent time staying in the millenium hotel. Very central for all sight seeing activities, would thoroughly reccomend the hotel & would definately stay there again on another visit to New York!"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of April 2004

Excellent value

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Spent 4 days in NYC with 2 children and this hotel worked out the best for everyone. Location was excellent; staff was attentive and responsive. Only problem was with check-in which took far too long due to only 2 clerks working on a Friday afternoon. Rooms are elegantly furnished and lacked in no detail. Highly recommed for its value, location and service."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of April 2004

Great stay at the Milleniuim Broadway

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"I booked a long holiday weekend in the Millenium Broadway off the net because the price was right, and the location is fabulous. Then I read the negative reviews here and wondered if I'd regret it. NO WAY!! The check-in was fast and polite, the room was fabulous - overlooking Times Square, clean, modern, everything in working order. The bed was comfortable. The staff was helpful all through our stay - front desk, concierge, bell staff, restaurant staff, room service. It was all good!
We walked to theatres, Central Park (ok, that was a bit of a hike), shopping and restaurants. I would stay here again without hesitation and have already recommended it to friends."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of April 2004

Worth Every Penny! I'm ready to go back!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"This hotel was great, and we'd have to search pretty hard to find something to complain about. On arrival, the staff was very welcoming and even put us in the best room available which turned out to be a corner room with a great view. I wish I could remember the guy's name, but it started with an "F." Our room was very comfortable with plenty of space for luggage and clothes. The best aspect of this hotel is the location. If being right in the middle of Times Square is where you want to be, then this is the hotel for you. We walked all over the place and to every show we wanted to see. The Times Deli and Virgil's BBQ across the street are both great. (The chocolate chip cookies dipped in chocolate at the deli were a personal favorite of mine.) Overall it wasn't fancy or overblown but the lobby was very attractive, staff was accommodating, bed/room was comfortable, and the location was FABULOUS! Good luck!"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of April 2004