Enjoy our continental breakfast in our Reading Room every day from 7-10:30am on weekdays, and 7-11am on weekends

A lovely , relaxing base from which to explore New York

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"As soon as I stepped from the sidewalk , I felt instantly relaxed. The staff are polite , friendly and knowledgeable , and the small size of the hotel gives it a personal touch that I haven't experienced before. Unlike other reviewers , I did not find the room to be small (we had a suite which worked out about £200 more for 6 nights) , and even though the sounds of the city were still evident , I slept like a log in one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever been in. The buffet breakfast is made up of pastries,bread,cereal and yoghurts with a wide selection of drinks , many of which are available throughout the day. Wine and cheese is served in the evening , the atmosphere is laid-back and its easy to forget where you are as you relax. The location is very central , about a 10 minute walk to Macys, 15 to Bloomingdales/Central park , and the Grand Central subway station in 5 minutes away. I would certainly return , and have no hesitation in recommending The Library to anyone."

• Travel date: 28th May 2005

DEFINITE return to the Library Hotel

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"What a wonderful hotel. The rooms are small, but the rest of the hotel makes it all worth it! The second floor big library with piano and wine and appetizers and the extensive breakfast array of scones, breads, fruits, and cereals is just fabulous and so relaxing. Even cappucino and expresso all day--complimentary, too. Close to theaters, subway, and all fun things in NYC. Staff was very helpful and polite. Rate was better than many much lesser quality hotels."

• Travel date: 18th May 2005

Lovely, Quiet, Small Intimate Hotel

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"My husband and I stayed three nights here -- our overall feeling is that it is a very nice, quiet, intimate place to stay, but do not expect great luxury, pampering or 5 star service. This is a small boutique hotel, with many good things to offer: wonderful location at 41st and Madison, very nice, accomodating staff, spotless rooms and bathrooms (styled in a upscale clean"Armani" type minimalist decor), a 2nd floor reading lounge with 24 hour coffee and snacks, as well as a daily wine and cheese "high tea" time, a lovely complementary breakfast, and complementary use of 2nd floor computers and internet. However, be aware that this is a converted office building--Our room was very small (we had a jr. suite) --the king bed consumed most of the room space --the bathroom was miniscule -- could accomodate only one person at a time. The hallway outside our room and at the elevator was no more that 4-5 feet wide and the elevators were tiny, though nicely updated--While it is to the owner's credit that he was able to turn a warren of tiny offices into livable space, the the overall feeling from the moment you walk into the lobby is very claustrophobic. If you are looking for a feeling of luxury, space, romance, pampering, this isn't the hotel for you. However, this hotel is very nice for what it is --if you are looking for the intimacy of a basic upscale boutique hotel, this is a great choice."

• Travel date: 17th May 2005

Wonderful place

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"My wife and I often kid each other that we'd like to have an apartment over a library. This place goes one better: The library is scattered among the guestrooms themselves, with each room taking on a Dewey Decimal system category theme. We enjoyed the Photography room for two nights in April 2005. The room was small - this is NYC, after all - but very well appointed. The breakfast buffett on the second floor is very good. Better still is the top-floor reception area, featuring two rooftop patios. All in all, an outstanding experience. If you're at all a book person, you must go to the Library!"

• Travel date: 9th May 2005

Warmth, personality and charm in great location

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"From the moment you arrive at the Library Hotel you know you are in a special and thoughtfully designed haven. Caring and attentive service from the staff is the norm at this fine hotel with the look and feel of a prestigious private club. The immaculate guest rooms are comfortably and handsomely furnished. Complimentary wine and cheese in the evening in the Poetry Terrace or Writers Den is a tasty reward after a day on the town. In the morning a sumptuous complimentary continental breakfast awaits guests in the cheerful Reading Room which has a wide range of books, seemingly on any topic, to peruse at your leisure. If those pleasing amenities were not enough, the Library has high speed and wireless internet service, and a Business Center. All of which make the Library Hotel a very pleasant and unique place to stay, plus it is located conveniently in midtown Manhattan. Our thanks and admiration to the staff and management for providing superb accommodations with a flair. We have returned several times and will again."

• Travel date: 4th May 2005

It's a Wonderful town....and a Great Hotel

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"Just spent two nights at The Library (8th and 9th April). What a wonderful hotel. We loved it, and NY just blew me away. It's a small, intimate, quiet and smart hotel in a fantastic location. We had a petite room which was small (I had a read a review bemoaning the size) but for two of us it was more than adequate. If you want a football pitch for a room go elsewhere! If you want swarms of uniformed staff carrying your bags go elsewhere. If you want 5 bars and 2 restaurants in your hotel go elsewhere. If you want opulence go elsewhere. If you want a stylish, smart, friendly, cool, themed hotel less than 10 mins walk from Central Park, 5th Ave, 2 mins from Grand Central etc. with staff who are incredibly friendly, polite, very courteous and very helpful without being intrusive, then this is for you! The staff gave us v. good advice and help when we needed it. The rooms and decor, and garden terrace are a delight. The continental breakfast very good and the location fantastic. If you want to collapse in a cool hotel at the end of a long day seeing one of the most amazing cities in the world. Stay here!! Start spreading the news!"

• Travel date: 10th April 2005

Not Up to Hype

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"Stayed here March 9-13, 2005. Read all the reviews, saw it on the Travel Channel, and was terribly excited to stay. Room was small (as expected) with nice amenities, but things were missing when compared to a friends room. Like the storage cart in the bath, which was needed since there was no counter top. Room was incredibly dry in the winter climate. Bought a small humidifier to help. Staff were nice. Breakfast room was nice. Evening drinks and snacks were nice. Was expecting a WOW factor but never got it. The price was too high without it, so will try another hotel next time."

• Travel date: 17th March 2005

Great hotel

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"The library hotel was great. Stayed for 5 nights. The hotel is stylish and on the whole service pretty good. Breakfast is ample and the wine and cheese in the evening makes this hotel great value. Rooms are tiny but tasteful. Staff were friendly, only down side was that we were checked out by two really unfriendly guys which was ashame for us as the stay had been good. Go for a high floor to get away from the street below. Definately best value hotel in New York City."

• Travel date: 2nd March 2005

Classical Music Terror!

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"As much as I love the Library Hotel in New York City, it has to be said: They torture their guests! Not in the literal sense of the word - but they use music. Whenever you use the open spaces like the Meeting Room on the 2nd floor or the wintergarden / penthouse rooms on the 13th floor, there is music in the background. This, in principle is not a bad thing - don't get me wrong - it is the volume and the style of music. The volume level is too high to ignore the music nor is it funny or entertaining to listen to the same tune again and again and again and again and again and again. Especially, if the style of music is pseudo-classical music! I think you get the point. Maybe somebody in Management reads this and takes action: A change in both, CD and volume level might help to put the music to its purpose: A subtle, yet soothing background, and not an annoying terror. However, I keep coming back, so the hotel has something - good!"

• Travel date: 24th February 2005

Loved the Library!

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"My husband and I spent our first Christmas married in New York City. It was wonderful. Since I am the daughter of a flight attendant and have grown up traveling I was in charge of planning the trip. I researced for a while and found the Library Hotel. I was so excited about it. I read wonderful reviews and since I teach high school English I was really thrilled about the theme of the hotel. The website for the library hotel put up pictures that were true. When we arrived and explored the hotel it was just as beautiful as we expected it to be. The staff was wonderful, the breakfast was great, the rooms were clean and the decor was truly liveable yet lovely. We looked forward to returning to our hotel at the end of each day. We highly recommend this hotel and we look forward to returning soon. Good luck with your trip plans! A traveling couple from Atlanta."

• Travel date: 4th January 2005

Hotels near Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection

Library Hotel by Library Hotel Collection is also called

• Library Hotel
  • library hotel new york city
  • library hotel new york