Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection

About Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection

• paid internet

The Elysee is a gem!

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"The Hotel Eylsee is wonderful! We just returned from a week in one of their deluxe (standard) rooms, which was very good size and well furnished (his and her sized chairs in our room). The 2nd floor lounge is terrific. The extra amenities included - continental breakfast (includes hard boiled eggs!); all day beverages, cookies and fruit; and the wine (including prosecca) and cheese in the evening, make for a very civilized and welcomed relief from the usual no-frills hotel offerings. We felt very pampered! The location is perfect - quiet enough but still within walking distance of the theater (for those rainy times when all the cabs disappear!). Wireless internet access in every room --- and a public pc on the 2nd floor. This hotel is definitely a gem!"

• Travel date: Sun 21st of May 2006

A real gem

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"If you want to sample New York in style, there's no better place than the Hotel Elysee, at 60 E 54th Street. Situated right between Madison and Park Avenues, this traditional hotel offers some of the best value accommodation in NY. It couldn't be better placed, and it couldn't be better run. Give it a try, and you will not be disappointed."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of May 2006

Group Trip a Success

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Elysee for four nights in March with a group of ten friends. All of us felt the surroundings were safe, comfortable and well located. The complimentary breakfast and snacks in the Club Room are excellent and a good value. This room was also a good place for us to meet each morning. The hotel itself was quiet, clean and well maintained. The staff members that assisted me were all very nice.

I would definitely stay again and would recommend this hotel for future stays."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of March 2006

The Hotel Elysee: Excellent Value

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"My wife and I spent two nights there last month. There are positives and negatives, but on the whole I enjoyed the hotel and would stay there again.
First the negatives. We got an excellent rate through Quikbook ($240.00 on Sunday night; $250.00 on Monday night. Although the hotel was not full, the desk staff rather curtly refused to give us a room with a king sized bed because we made our reservations were through Quikbook. Making your customers feel like second class citizens by availing themselves of a program in which you participate is hardly good marketing. The front desk staff on the whole would benefit from reading "How to Make Friends and Influence People"; they were not rude but curt. Does the name of the hotel encourage French-inspired officiousness? Our room was nice, but slightly tattered. The bed had an iron frame which made it uncomfortable to sit us up in. The chair in the sitting area was scuffed and worn. The chest of drawers was scratched.
Now the positives. The location is terrific. You are in mid-town, but the location between Madison and Park is quite upscale and somewhat quieter than points west. The breakfast is fantastic; better than any other freebie I have ever had. The attendant was one of the nicest I have ever encountered. She is probably one of the lowest paid employees at the hotel, but she is the best at the art of hospitality. Other freebies were also welcome. We did not attend the wine and cheese; however, the free passes to the New York Sports Club were great. The bottled water and chocolate were a nice touch. We had the most modest room, but it included a small sitting area. The bathroom was spotless and marble. The hotel has a charmingly old-fashioned air. Phillip Stark is o.k., but I enjoyed the murals on the walls and even on the elevators. The place has a sense of the elegance of an earlier time. With a few tweaks this could place could be world class."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of March 2006

What a nice hotel

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We just stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Elysee. Our room was spacious and beautiful. We were on the 12th floor and never heard anyone, although one night I did hear the garbage truck picking up outside.

The breakfast was very nice and consisted of pastries, muffins, scones, and lots of bread choices with yummy jellies. Also several cereals, prunes, and hard boiled eggs. There was a big bowl of good mixed fruit, yogurt, and packs of instant oatmeal. Also several kinds of juice, 3 types of very good coffee with syrups, and many tea choices.

We thoroughly enjoyed this club room throughout the day and night also, stopping in now and then between our activities. There were newspapers, a pc with internet, and a piano and tv in a smaller attached room which we always had to ourselves. There was always fresh coffee, tea and little cookies.

The staff was pleasant and helpful. Great location. We would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of February 2006

Cozy, charming and convenient

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"I had a very pleasant stay at the Elysee during a VERY busy time in NYC - right in the middle of a huge fashion trade show, the Westminster Kennel Club dog show and a day after the biggest snowstorm in modern city history. The Elysee was a quiet haven, on less-busy 54th Street but within walking distance of Park Ave., Fifth Ave., Rockefeller Center, shopping, etc. My room, with its French decor, crystal chandelier and old-world furnishings, was one of only four on my entire floor (The 15th), so it was very quiet - like being in a gracious apartment building. Housekeeping was excellent. Bed was very comfortable. Two (very minor) things, however, both concerning the bathroom. It was lovely (black and white marble) and spotless, but the water pressure in both the shower and at the sink was uneven. Not a big deal for me, but I know this is an issue with some TripAdvisor members. It may have had something to do with me being on the top floor of an older building, but who knows. There was plenty of hot water, however. Also, the pedestal sink was pretty to look at, but offered no vanity space on which to store things. I'm a guy who can live out of a travel kit, so this isn't that big of an inconvenience for me, but it might be for women travelers with cosmetics, perfumes, etc. Still, minor quibbles. I would be more than happy to return to the Elysee. The breakfast in the Club Room is a nice touch, and the Monkey Bar is a lively, happening spot in an otherwise sedate, peaceful hotel (Good food and drinks, too). Check out Bill's across the street and Cinquanta Italian restaurant four blocks away on 50th St. for alternate places to go. There's also a decent wine shop across the street from the hotel. I highly recommend the Elysee."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of February 2006

Wonderful hotel; great location

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"We booked an anniversary weekend at the Hotel Elysee based on the reviews we read on TripAdvisor. We were extremely pleased with the service, rooms, ambience, and amenities. Everything about this hotel was wonderful--the room we had was large and comfortable; the continental breakfast (included with the room rate) was excellent, and the appetizers and wine in the afternoon was also a real treat.

The location was convenient to lots of places we wanted to visit and we walked all over. This is a gem of a hotel, and reasonably priced for what you get. I highly recommend it."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of February 2006

Old World Elegance in the Big Apple

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"My wife and I spent a fabulously romantic weekend here right before Christmas and we were treated wonderfully. The Elysee has the feel of a hotel in the 1950s, but everything feels new and well maintained at the same time. Be sure to take part in the continental breakfast on the second floor, with comfortable couches and chairs, delicious eats and plenty of newspapers and books. If you're going to a Broadway play, it's very convenient and just the right walking distance. and have dinner at the Monkey Bar -- with its retro decor, you half expect Frank and Ava to walk in arm in arm. And have a drink at the old-school tavern Bill's 90s Piano Bar right across the street. Highly recommended!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of January 2006

Absolutey exquisite hide-away!!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"I will never stay anywhere else when going to New York City!!
Yes, it was our first time in the city that never sleeps and I am thrilled we managed to choose to stay in this fabulous hotel. Every single member of staff was always and at all times attentive, forthcoming and helpful. Their whole attitude is the best selling point for this hotel!

Our room was of a good size, which was important since we stayed there for 10 nights over the holiday season (Xmas 2005 until Jan. 2006). Furniture of high quality and very stylish. Bathroom of adequate size, nicely smelling soaps and toiletries, bathrobes of soft Turkish cotton. Really good.

Our room looked out on the street and yes, weekdays you get some noise. But, since we come from a city it didn't bother us. However, I would recommend asking a room at the back of the building if you are not used to some level of street noise.

The complimentary breakfast had a much larger selection of offerings than I would have expected and it could keep you going through most of the day. Coffee and teas remain available for the whole day and as from 5pm they also offer a selection of cheeses and wine (and champagne while we were there). It is a very nice touch, in a cozy and comfortable room, but we didn't run back to the hotel every day 'to take advantage' of this.

Personally I would try at all times to stay at this little gem, but by comparing prices! It doesn't exactly come cheap, but you get much more than just 'good value' for what you pay.

The only downside in my opinion, is that you need to leave the area for a fair choice of restaurants. There are some places around the hotel but not so inspired in my opinion. Catch a metro and head down to the village of restaurants' row and choices are much better. It's still close enough, but not necessarily 'walkable'.

Anyway, DO NOT MISS STAYING HERE!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of January 2006

Charming Hotel

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"I stayed at The Elysee 12/29/05 - 1/2/06 and found the hotel, the room, and the staff to be everything expected. I had a solarium room on the 7th floor that was extremly quiet (which was great as I did an extensive amount of clubbing and slept during the day)

The staff were extremely professional and met all of my needs. I would definitly recommed The Elysee."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of January 2006