Hotel Beacon

2130 Broadway at 75th Street, New York City, NY 10023

excellent hotel

"Stayed in this hotel last week - can't say enough about it. The rooms were large & clean, staff friendly & efficient.As was expresssed by other reviewers, street was noisy - but this is New York so this is to be expected. We had intented to stay in the Broadway Plaza but cancelled our reservation - a lucky escape on our part! If you are going to NY, stay in the Beacon you will be pleased."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of April 2004

A real gem in a lively neighborhood! A wonderful stay.

"My wife and I just returned from a six night stay at The Beacon along with our two young boys as a special treat over their spring break from grade school. I'm pleased to report that it suited our needs very well. We selected this hotel on the strength of the many positive reviews we read on this website, and the favorable press is well-justified. The location is 75th and Broadway, and there are many amenities within the immediate area of the hotel: Grocery stores, pubs/bars, upscale eateries, family diners, budget fast food, drug and department stores--you name it. There are two subway stations within a short walk in opposite directions of the hotel, and you can get anywhere in Manhattan from there. The closet space is excellent, and the hotel, while not particuarly lavish, is certainly clean and well-managed. A minor negative is that we did hear some street noise even though we were on the 22nd floor, but then again that's pretty much par for the course in a city like NYC unless you're staying in some posh hotel. It wasn't so bad as to keep us awake, or anything of the sort. The simple fact is that this hotel a terrific choice for a family of four or less, particularly if young kids are in the picture. The kitchenette (complete with a stove and a good sized refrigerator/freezer) is a huge plus, and very hard to find in NYC hotels. We had breakfast in our room each morning, munching on all kinds of great stuff from the Fairway Market directly across the street. We wouldn't hesitate to stay at The Beacon again in the future. You could do MUCH worse."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of April 2004

we loved it

Good

"we spent 8 great days in the Beacon last week. It was great ! First of all the hotel has an excellent position on Broadway, yet it was quiet and not noisy. Our room included a bedroom with 2 queen beds, a lounge with an opening sofa, a fully equipped kitchenette and a nice bathroom.
The four of us had plenty of space. We were there with our twins and the hotel position is a few minutes walk from many kids attractions: central park, natural history museum, Manhattan's childrens museum and of course many gourmet pleasures from Zabar and Fairway to Mcdonald's.
The only two things that could have been better are the plumbing (toilet) and the hotel's lobby that is under construction for the next few weeks. Otherwise we recommend it highly!"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of March 2004

Wonderful!

"What a nice little hotel! Immaculate, friendly, safe, and in a great neighbourhood. I loved the Beacon and I will make it my "home base" whenever I am in NYC in the future."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of March 2004

Good stay

"It was a good idea to change our plans after having read tripadvisors reviews of the hotel we originally planned to stay at and change to Hotel Beacon for the same reason. We spent four nights from Jan. 27th, 2004 and found it exactly the nice and cosy spot it had been described.
Fairways just opposite the hotel gives any opportunity to prepare breakfast, ready-to-cook-meals or any kind of cooking - if you really think you should bother for that while visiting marvelous N.Y. ..."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of February 2004

Loved the hotel

"My stay at the Beacon was enjoyable. I loved the room, it was big! The concierge was extremely helpful, told me where to go to find the secret TKTS. I loved having a subway location nearby, we were on it constantly! Also, having the world class grocery store nearby gave it points on my list, especially since it was nice to come back to the room at the end of the day and eat supper in the room. I plan to go back and the Beacon is where I will stay!"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of February 2004

The Beacon shines brightly on the Upper West Side

"A good friend told me about Hotel Beacon, and after reading all the other reviews, we booked for Dec. 21 to Dec. 27. From the moment we arrived until the bill was taken care of, we could not have had a more pleasant experience. The lobby was elegantly decorated for Christmas.
The room was very comfortable (but admittedly, the beds were somewhat hard; nevertheless, we slept just fine), and having the kitchenette made life so much easier. Everything was kept sparkling clean throughout our stay-plenty of strong, hot water for baths...A booklet in the room gives suggestions on where to eat, and the places that we tried matched what was said. Good markets and stores all around, and having the subway all of a minute away was great. People who stayed at the hotel were friendly-maybe we all felt lucky to have a "find" or it could have been the holiday spirit? There were two concierges, both of whom were extremely conscientious and helpful. It's true there's street noise, but on the upper floors, it doesn't seem to be in evidence. A definite find."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of January 2004

Great base for NYC

"Nothing much to say that people havent put already! The hotel is has a great location, is well worth the money. The restaurants arent as expensive as Midtown areas can be, the subway is an express subway too with disabled lifts and operates all night, the 104 bus stops outside the hotel and there are 2 decent supermarkets (one is 24 hour) over the road.TIP: order takeout for Ollies noodles (or walk 8 block down broadway) great chinese food.The only negative point would be the size of room and the storage available, if you had 4 adults then you would find it cramped but then again I am only nitpicking.Would definately (and will definately) stop here again."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of January 2004

This one's a keeper!

"Folks--you've got to check this one out. I had read the tripadvisor reviews about Hotel Beacon and they were so right on! My family and I (4 total) stayed in a one-bedroom suite that was indeed spacious, as indicated in many reviews. Comfortable living room for visitors, too. The accomodations were excellent (good condition, etc.) --kitchenette was a plus (equipped with basic kitchen needs), staff was friendly and attentive, etc. It's so close to the subway, markets, restaurants, Central Park, museums. Nice neighborhood. We plan to stay here whenever we head to NYC again! Very satisfied customers!"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of January 2004

Very comfortable hotel, good location

"My husband and I have just returned from New York, we stayed at the Beacon Hotel for 7 nights. It was excellent value and just a couple of minutes walk from the subway. The kitchenette was very handy for breakfast and supermarkets were just across the street. Lots of restaurants nearby. Our room was very comfortable and the in room safe was useful. I would definitely stay here again"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of January 2004

nice hotel

"we stayed here and we loved it my third time in new yorkbut this is a great hotel we looked out into the street nine floors up fantastic.love the atmosphere free paper in morning tea coffee too good room. supermarket across road brilliant plenty of choice not far from central park arrive beside john lennons memorial we used the open topped buses great for seeing everything and if you are sore you enjoy it better go to times square but watch out for rip off merchants selling computers cheaper here "

• Travel date: Wed 29th of June 2011

The Beacon Hotel is situated on Broadway...

Good

"The Beacon Hotel is situated on Broadway at West 75th Street. Central Park is practically just round the corner!

It is a bit of a walk away from the Time Square area, but a number of efficient buses run regularly and take you into the heart of the action and back again!

The hotel itself is lovely. Our room was spacious with two comfortable double beds. It also had a kitchenette, which was pretty handy for a cup of English tea after a hard days shopping!

There are many restaurants and diners near by, plus shops and theatres.

I would certainly return to the Beacon Hotel.

• Travel date: Sat 14th of January 2006

Hotels near Hotel Beacon

Stayed at Hotel Beacon? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Beacon

• tartanlady13 by tartanlady13

"watch good deals on times square too many rip off merchants tried to charge me 100 dollars for a laptop bag that was about 10 quid and overcharging tourists for computers etc "

Hotel Beacon is also called