Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea

160 W 25th St, New York City, NY 10001-7479

Perfect for us

"My mom and I took our first trip to New York City and stayed here. Got a great deal on the Starwood website...buy two nights get one free. So check there before booking directly.

It's a small, low key hotel with awesome staff (and no I don't work for the hotel). They were friendly, down to earth, helpful and took their time with each guest...not the rushed feeling I thought I'd get.

The hotel is right between two subway stops, near Chelsea's neat antiques and flea market areas and since it's right between Time's Square and the ferry to the Statue of Liberty, there wasn't a day that we thought "Oh no, now we have to travel all the way back to the hotel."

The room looked exactly like it did on the web site. The outside is very unassuming, nothing special to look at, but there's so much else to see-why fixate on the hotel?

The beds were extremely comfortable, the decor is hip, modern and relaxing. It was clean and really, I could only have asked for a better view...and I saw that in several other places.

All in, we had a great time. I wouldn't have paid more (given my deal), but felt we got great value for money. Advice: book a room away from the ice machine. I did. When I used the ice machine, I felt bad for the folks in that room. It's really loud."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of September 2005

Loved the Four Points by Sheraton Chelsea!

"I put my relatives up at The Four Points by Sheraton Chelsea last weekend and we were all truly surprised. We got a great internet rate through the Starwood Hotel website. Yes, the room was small but very nicely decorated and comfortable. The brown interior, comfortable bed with luxurious bedding and pillows plus the egronomic desk chair was a pleasant surprise. You usually don't find beautifully decorated interiors unless you are staying at the super upscale places. I called to let the front desk know that they wouldn't arrive at the hotel until 1 am so that they would hold the room until they landed after midnight. Everything was great. They were so happy that the lounge downstairs was still open and they got to relax after they checked in. It was easy to get from the lobby to the elevator and up to your room without having to walk through a casino lobby. Plus there are so many great restaurants and Whole Foods is just around the corner. We will always recommend this hotel to all our NYC visitors!"

• Travel date: Thu 8th of September 2005

Hold Out for a High Floor

Good

"Last summer we stayed at the hotel on one of the highest floors. This time we stayed for four nights in early August, 2005 in room 608.

Like last year, the beds were very comfortable, the rooms are small, the service is pretty good, the elevators a bit slow and they brought us a fridge.

The main difference was our room's location. This time, with our room situated on a low floor facing the airshaft really made it apparant how poorly lighted the rooms are. Do yourself a favor and get a high floor room."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of August 2005

Great, quieter NYC hotel for business

"Quieter area, if you like that, nice rooms, helpful staff. It's been a great stay as a business traveler who just wants high speed internet access, bottled water and a comfortable bed. I was a bit concerned when I couldn't get a room via my corporate agency but reserved the room through hotels. They paused a long time at the front desk before I got a room. My advice based on this experience and others that I've read about on this site - if you book via Expedia or hotels - don't arrive late or you may not have a room."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of July 2005

Great choice for NYC

"Just back. Excellent stay. Comfortable beds. New York sized room. Small bathroom, but well stocked.

Fantastic location. Whole Foods, Tasti D-Lite and good Chinese food on 7th. Diner next door with inexpensive breakfast.

New Asian restaurant in hotel. Hotel is now 100% smoke free. Ice machine is very noisy. Small lobby gets crowded."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of July 2005

Great Value for NYC

"I just stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and it was a great value. The rooms are small, but have a great desk and king size bed. Bathroom was a normal size for NYC. The room was clean, the staff very pleasent and efficient. THe clientele seemed to be younger than other Sheratons. The location is very convinent with WholeFoods on the corner and many great restaurants and bars nearbuy. I also found the rooms quiet. I was in 307 which was on the back of the building. I would consider staying here again."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of June 2005

Great deal in funky Chelsea

"My girlfriend and I had a great week in this property. The staff was very helpful and positive. The front desk helped us get a new room away from the noisy ice machine in just 24 hours. If you are looking for a clean and relatively cheap place to sleep in NY this is the place + it has free in room broadband access."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of June 2005

Very warm atmosphere, and frienly service.... Highly Recommended

"I was vacationing in New York over Memorial Day weekend, in 2005, and I have to say, we could not have picked a better hotel. My friend, I was traveling with, booked our reservation on priceline and we ended up paying around $145/night. Yes, the rooms were a little small but for as long as we spent in the room, it was enough for us. We did not require room service so I'll leave that out of my review, but the front desk service was impeccable. On our last day, we talked to Melissa at the front desk and she recommended a great Chinese restaurant, not far from the hotel. The warm rich colors of the room were very condusive to a few hours nap in between the long days of sightseeing in the "City That Never Sleeps" and the bed was very comfortable, almost felt like I was sleeping at home in my own bed. I would recommend the hotel to anyone that asked for a hotel in the Chelsea District, amongst a very prominent homosexual community. Or to anyone for that matter. 4 Points gets 4 Stars in my book!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005

It's worth staying just for the service

Good

"I have to say, this is the most impressive hotel I have stayed at in recent years, mainly because of the above & beyond service given at the Front Desk. The Operations Director, Tamara, leads the staff her friendly, outgoing team, who go out of their way to smile, offer help and seem to love their jobs. Although the rooms are small, the hotel is definitely worth visiting while in New York to see how a hotel should be run. Ten stars!!"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of April 2005

Recommended

Good

"Dimensions of lobby, room, beds are small, but quality is high. Rooms are much more interestingly decorated that one usually finds. No beige walls with pastel watercolor prints and floral bedspreads here! A pleasant surprise. Beds comfortable. Good water pressure. Clean. Doesn't have the "plasticky" feel of many hotel rooms. More sumptuous. Good neighborhood. I'd return without hesitation."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of April 2005

Hotels near Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea

Stayed at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea? Share your insight.

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea is also called