Junior Suite One King Bed

• bath shower
  • hair dryer
  • paid wifi
  • baggage storage
  • express check in check out
  • fax photocopying
  • spanish amenities
  • paid internet
  • desk
  • iron
  • paid private parking on site
  • atm on site
  • valet parking amenities

Loved it!

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"Fantastic location. We walked a lot,but it was close to subway access. The bed was comfy, the room was very clean and stocked with great Aveda products. All of the staff was polite and some remembered us and addressed us by name (which says a lot in such a busy city). They were informative and attentive to our needs. The "wine and cheese" hour M-Thurs was a great added bonus! Very affordable for such a prime location and nice rooms! Would definitely stay again!"

• Travel date: 2nd March 2005

Close Call

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"Just got back from a mini vacation at the Affinia 50. Was very inpressed with the size of the room considering it's a Manhattan hotel and the full kitchen! The room was great until we had no heat and the initial hesitation on the part of the manager to not be very helpful except to offer a portable heater. Upon visiting the room itself and seeing my children shivering under the blankets she did offer me the night complimentary and moved us the next day as soon as a room became available. We also had difficulty renting movies as they were all "sold out", a phenomenon I had never experienced in a hotel . Still I would return to this hotel and highly recommend it for it's low rates and great room and location in NYC>"

Nice NYC Niche

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"I just returned from a three day weekend stay with my teenage daughter and her friend. We were very happy with our room, which was clean and comfortable. The beds are heavenly. We thought the pillow menu and available city guide kits were a great touch and we even enjoyed a cup of tea and a game of NYC Monopoly by the fire one night in the lounge. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the location is an easy one to explore the city from. One of the best bagel shops in the city is right across the street and there is a wonderful pasta cafe around the corner. The girls went clothes shopping at a store I could see from our window, too. We would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: 26th February 2005

Home from home............less hassle.

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"We stayed at the Affinia 50 for 7 nights (13/2 to 20/2) and we have absolutly no complaints about the hotel. Arrived late on the Sunday but reservation was handled with ease and when we arrived in the room. Well.............. Two beds which supply excellent nights sleep. Tried to pack one in a suitcase to bring home. I have no idea what they do but they are very comfortable. Bathroom and kitchen had just what we needed so really cannot complain. The staff were always plesant and helpful and always tried to accomadae any requests. The club room was a nice facility especially the coffee and tea during the day after sightseeing. Location wise it's slightly away from "the action" but close enough to get involved. If you want a good base with space and places to eat close by then this should be your first choice."

Excellent stay!

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"We booked a junior suite, complete with a kitchenette, it was more than I imagined, and for a rate of $159.00, got much more than what we paid for. We were on the 8th floor, the rooms were spotless, and nicely decorated with plenty of closet space! The bed was super comfy, with down pillows, a down comforter and featherbed type mattress.... There was plenty of room to move around, this is wonderful (especially for NYC....). The rooms were recently renovated with a modern (but comfortable) edge to it....loved the decor! Bath amenities were by Aveda (which is wonderful quality salon products). I will also say the employees were very friendly and accomodating also. Great staff!!! It has a small lobby, but who needs a huge lobby?? It serves it's purpose....we were taken care of and all checked in within 5-10 minutes!"

• Travel date: 22nd February 2005

Affinia 50 Hotel: Great Experience

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"We selected the Affinia 50 based upon the feedback from the Trip Advisor website and the hotel lived up to all the great reviews. We arrived early in the day and the room was available and even upgraded. The hotel staff was professional, courteous and very well informed about the services and area attractions. The room was large with a full kitchen. The bed was grand and the pillow service a nice touch. Rooms were very clean and remained that way throughout our entire 5 day stay. Rates are very reasonable, especially considering the mid-town location. I would highly recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: 17th February 2005

One of the best stays in New York City ever

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"The Affinia 50 Hotel has everything going for it. For the same price as a room at the Hilton or Sheraton, you can have a clean, large one-bedroom suite. They are basically apartments with a full kitchen, large bedroom and the great Affinia bed. One thing many people don't think about (or maybe don't care about) is the number of electric outlets in a hotel room. Well, Affinia 50 has this covered - I had no problem finding a place to plug in 2 cell phones, my Mom's Palm Pilot and my T-Mobile Sidekick device. I think one of the best things about the Affinia 50 is the incredibly friendly, courteous and professional staff. Even though I was only there for 2 days, I felt as though I had acquired extended family members! I would highly recommend this hotel and cannot wait to stay there again."

• Travel date: 11th February 2005

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"My first stay was Nov. 20, 2004. I booked a one bedroom suite. Quite to my surprise the rooms were HUGE. The rooms had a sleek modern decor & were very clean. Great kitchen w/ stove, microwave & a full size refrigerator. It also came with utensil & pans. Room service was quick and well priced. The king sized bed was extremely comfortable. It was like a home away from home. I was extremely pleased. The only problem I encountered was a issue with the hot water & one of the elevators the next morning. despite the water issue..I THOUGHT IT JUST COULDN'T BE BETTER THIS! Shortly after my stay, I receive a letter from Affinia 50 apologizing for the unexpected inconveniences . They offered me a complimentary upgrade for my next stay at the hotel. I took them up on their offer for a stay on January 5, 2005. I called and spoke to the manager Silvio about the letter I received. He booked a one bedroom suite for me at the price of a studio suite, which was $179.00 (WOW)!He assured me he would take care of me & I would be very pleased. I could not BELIEVE the room when I arrived. LET'S JUST SAY , IT GOT MUCH BETTER!!! It was a immaculate HUGE deluxe one bedroom suite with THREE BALCONIES, a king size bed, a spacious fully stocked kitchen & a complimentary bottle of wine along w/ a welcome card personally addressed to me! VERY LUXE!! Silvio is WONDERFUL!!!!...the AFFINIA 50 IS THE WONDERFUL!!!! I highly reccommend this hotel to anyone. The staff is great. The rooms are EXTREMELY SPACIOUS, CLEAN & AFFORDABLE.... SUPERB!!!!"

• Travel date: 6th February 2005

couldn't have been better!!!!!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"our stay at the affinia 50 was wonderful. we were upgraded to a suite, and our room was spacious and met all of our expectations! the hotel is in a great location as well. the staff were all very friendly and welcoming. i definitely recommend staying at the affinia 50!"

• Travel date: 13th January 2005

Superb Service without the Luxury Prices

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"As former guest of sister hotel The Benjamin this new rebranded Affinia Fifty formely Plaza Fifty is probably the best deal in town. From personal service, extra friendly staff and generous size rooms compared to The Benjamin - Affinia Fifty has my vote for preferred hotel in NYC. The staff alone needs to be commended for always greeting, smiling and providing service that rivals Four Star properties. Simlply put I feel like at home with plenty of friends around to always put a welcoming smile to my day!!"

• Travel date: 30th December 2004