Comfort Inn Times Square South

305 W 39th St (39th St and 8th Ave), New York City, NY 10018-1401

Great stay at Comfort Inn

Good

"I would definitely recommend the Comfort Inn on 39th - It is across from the Port Authority, a couple of blocks from Time Square - very convenient. Hotel is new, a little odd looking - 20 floors tall but only 4 rooms on each floor, not the prettiest street - but fine/safe, room was clean, comfortable beds, free breakfast (even homemade waffles), friendly staff and an excellent price for NYC ($159). I stayed here two nights with my daughter and her friend (both 14) and we had a great time. The rooms are small - but sufficient. We had a good view from our room. While this is not a fancy hotel by any means - it was a perfect "home base" and a nice place to sleep. We will stay there again.

Some recommendations: Go see Wicked - it was excellent. Do the "Top of the Rock" (view from 67th floor/Rockefeller Center) instead of the Empire State Building - no line and actually a nicer view. Restaurants: Norma's (at the Parker Meridian Hotel) for breakfast - yum, Mont Blanc (midtown) for fondue (very nice little place w/great martini's and a neat little store next door) and Junior's (best reuben sandwiches ever). Shops: Pearl River Mart (asian candies, snacks, knick knacks, clothing - very cheap and lots of fun) and Yellow Rat Bastard (terrible name but a great t-shirt/jeans store - a definite for teenagers) - both in SoHo."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of February 2008

Good Basic Value Off Times Square

"Stayed at the hotel on a business trip, not much more than a place to sleep, but that is not bad. NYC hotels have gotten rediculously expensive and this hotel gives a solid budget option to the area.

Hotel is pretty new and that lets the small but clean room seem ok. Nothing luxury about the place, but a better flat-screen TV than most hotels have installed. They cover all the basics, but nothing more.

Location is a couple blocks from Times Square and it is an easy short walk to tons of restaurants and theaters.

Not a destination hotel by any means, but if you just want a place to sleep, this is a solid choice at a third or half the price of most hotels in the city."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of February 2008

Hidden Gem at a Great Price

"I chose to stay at the 39th St/8th Ave Comfort Inn based on positive reviews I read here and I'm glad I did. When I travel for business, I like clean, modern hotels with free high speed internet, comfortable, high quality bedding and some sort of breakfast. I found al of these at the Comfort Inn.

I managed to get a great rate of under $150 on the hotel's website. The hotel room decor is very modern and comparable to several of the boutique hotels I have stayed in during previous visits to NYC - flat panel TV and modern espresso furnishings, free wireless internet - for a significantly better price and a lot less attitude. The only problem I found with the room was the bathroom door which never wanted to stay open so it was always colder in there than the rest of the room. The rooms are small, but that's typical in NYC so don't be surprised by that. The continental breakfast is standard fare - nothing extraordinary but enough to get you off & running - bagels, waffles, cereal, juice, coffee. There's a Starbucks on the corner if you want an espresso drink and pastries.

The hotel can be difficult to find as the entrance area is small and the building is narrow - 20 floors with 3 to 4 rooms per floor. Due to the small number of rooms on each floor, the elevator is just outside the door so if your neighbors are chatting in the hallways, you'll hear them. I was on the 19th floor so I didn't hear the traffic on the streets. The view north is fairly unobstructed so you can get decent views of the theater district. All of the staff members I met were very friendly, especially the breakfast staff and front desk. If you're looking for a great location with nice amenities, esp. for a business trip, I would definitely recommend staying here."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of February 2008

Great place!

"I decided to stay at this hotel after reading the reviews on this website and I was not disappointed at all!!! First of all, everything is still so new that cleanliness is not a problem, the beds and bedding are great and so comfortable.
The room itself was decent sized for NYC and I was happy with the bathroom since it was also decent sized for a budget type NYC hotel, in that it was bigger than a closet and you could easily move around in it without feeling cramped.
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, check-in and check-out were quick and easy.
I stayed on a weeknight and booked with the hotel website directly for the AAA rate, which was about $160 with all the taxes included, I found that to be a great value for what was included and compared to other area hotels that I have stayed at in the past.
I did not get a chance to sample the free breakfast but it was nice to have the option.
The only downside is that the hotel does not have parking, but there is a reasonably priced parking garage direcltly across the street, which was very convenient.
Also, the hotel is only a few blocks from Times Square and much of the Theatre District, so it is very centrally located with many things in walking distance.
I would definitely stay here again and look forward to doing so my next time in NYC."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of February 2008

Still love the Comfort Inn--just not the disco

"I reviewed this hotel after a weeknight stay in Nov. I stayed there again this past weekend and while I was still very pleased with the hotel overall, the noise from the weekend disco next door was a problem. I was on the 4th floor (double room-very nice) and could barely hear the beat of the music Sat night. It was the people noise outside at 4am that was really loud. There was yelling, laughing,etc. The next morning when we left the hotel there was TONS of trash (food wrappers, cigarette butts,etc) on the sidewalk outside of the club. There is no name on the disco--just a metal garage door--surely they have to violating some sort of noise or trash code. Hotel management should be calling the police when things get really loud.
I would definitely still stay here again but would ask for a room facing the back of the hotel if it was a weekend."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of January 2008

Best Value in Times Square

"I have to say I was hesitant to cancel my reservations being held at another hotel to move them to Comfort Inn in Times Square, but SO happy I did.
We arrived at 9:30am since our flight arrived early and the staff was more then happy to take our bags so we could begin seeing NYC. I was asked if we had eaten yet and told to feel free to enjoy the breakfast that was still being served if we hadn't eaten. The staff was so cordial and made you feel like you had been there a dozen times before.
The room was so clean, crisp, and stocked with a coffee pot, desk, safe, etc.
The location was perfect, right around the corner from the subway.
Sure the hotel is small and narrow as some reviews stated, 20 floors high, but for the $$, brand new, get a breakfast and priced at $139 how can you go wrong to be so close to Times Square? The pictures that are posted is exactly how we found our room.

The only drawback as mentioned is on the 1st few floors you will hear the night club next door late at night. It is only the beat you hear, not voices, laughter,etc. I do not know if this occurs every night, but it did on Saturday. We were so tired it did not bother us, but a light sleeper it could.

I will not hesitate to book at this hotel again when I return this Spring."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of January 2008

The best in NYC

"I cant say enough great things about the Comfort Inn at Times Square. Wonderful location, friendly and professional staff, and a clean and modern room with plenty of space.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a view of the Empire State building. When we checked in (early), the staff was beyond accomodating, which I haven't ever experienced before in New York. Ive stayed a lot of places in NY where the staff is snooty, rude, and do only what they have to to get by. Not here.

Our trip was from Dec 31-Jan2. Our great New Years Eve experience in NYC had a lot to do with having such a great hotel. It was close to everything including an awesome pizzeria right around the corner. The rooms were clean, spacious, and modern."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of January 2008

Extremely satisfied

"We booked 2 rooms for our family: 1 with 2 double beds, 1 with king bed. Note: there are only 4 rooms per floor. The double rooms are larger than the king rooms. We were extremely satisfied with the rooms, the hotel staff, the location. It was very cold in New York. The heat worked well in the rooms, but the hallways are not heated and were quite cold. The hotel is new. Everything is in mint condition. The beds and pillows were the most comfortable we have ever had in any hotel. Would definately stay there again."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of January 2008

Great Value, Good Location

"Got a room for less than $190 the Saturday before New Year Eve in NYC, great value! The room was small but comfortable and clean. I would highly recommand it if you are just looking for a place to crash in the city at an excellent location.

The hotel will tell you to park across in a 24 hour lot that equires some walking but you can get park t a none 24 hour parking right across the street for the same price if their hours meet your needs.

Two small downsides... 1. The bath shower curtain was insufficent to keep the water out so we turned our bathroom into a swimming pool, but the a towel and some wiping later took cared of that problem. 2. Try to asked for a room on the higher floors, I can hear the night club next door from my 2nd floor room, but management gave me a small discount the next day to compensate for my troubles withouth any hassel... Thanks!

I would stay there again."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of January 2008

little gem in times square

Good

"This hotel beats many of the higher priced boutique hotels in NYC. The room was small, the bathroom was decent-sized.
Decor was stylish, tiled bathroom, LCD TV and wireless internet.. This hotel did not have valet parking. We stayed new years eve and the staff was polite and helpful."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of January 2008

Hotels near Comfort Inn Times Square South

Stayed at Comfort Inn Times Square South? Share your insight.

Comfort Inn Times Square South is also called