Club Quarters Hotel, World Trade Center

IMG_0782

Great Lower Manhattan Hotel

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"The hotel is in great shape while still undergoing construction on the upper floors. Free continental breakfast each morning with pastries, cereal, fruit, coffee and juice made a great start to the day, and was probably better quality than most eateries. The hotel overlooks Ground Zero, and the construction noise can be a bother early in the morning. The rooms are designed for single business travelers, but are fine for 2 people. Located just a couple blocks north of the 1 train Rector Street subway, getting around is very easy. Not a lot of things open in the immediate neighborhood on the weekend, as this is the financial district. All in all, a great hotel at an unbeatable rate for New York City!"

• Travel date: 10th March 2010

New hotel, accomodating staff

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"We were pleasantly surprised with our stay at Club Quarters World Trade Center. My boyfriend and I visit New York quite frequently, and we found this to be a great hotel for a great price (www.OhhGo.com around $125 each weekend night ). In all of our trips to NYC, we have never found a deal like this one! Finding a hotel that is nice as this is very rare under $200 in New York. The check-in process was super fast and easy, and the staff was extremely nice. We were alerted to the free breakfast, and happy hour they serve daily (nice)! Once we got to our room, it was refreshing to see that everything was brand spankin new! I feel like we were the first to ever use the room (and maybe we were, since hotel is new). The bathroom was beautiful, and the furniture and bedding were very modern. I wouldn't exactly say this hotel is "luxurious," or "ritzy," but it is very comfortable, a nice modern corporate hotel. There was a desk, with an IPod home (came in handy), and a nice flat screen TV. They welcome you to the hotel with an array of NYC treats from Dean and Deluca - again, nice!! In the hallway there is a water bottle filling station - complete with empty clean water bottles and purified drinking water. To the side of that is a closet for guests with supplies they may have run out of in their room,and appliances for use (coffee, creamers, pillows, iron, ironing board). The breakfast was very nice - an array of fresh juices, Organic teas, coffee, bagels, fresh fruit, etc. The happy hour was great too - an array of wines, beers, cheeses and crackers. There were public computers for use in the room where these activities took place , and magazines for reading. Again, very accomodating. I never made it up to the rooftop restaurant, but the pictures I saw of the design and the views look beautiful. During our visit, my boyfriend became very ill, and we had to lengthen our stay. I was due back at work, but because of the free wi-fi, I was conveniently able to set up in our hotel room at the desk and work from there. The day we checked out by boyfriend was still ill, and the staff was kind and understanding of his situation and let us check out quite some time after the 12 pm check-out (we had a fee, but it wasn't so bad and worth it due to the way he was feeling). I was happy that was even an option as most hotels wouldn't do that. The rate did go up during the week-days. I guess this is because this hotel is truly a corporate business hotel. Cheap on the weekend - double during the week. This hotel is smack dab in the middle of the financial district, near Wall Street, so it is perfect for those who need to do business. I thought the location was pretty good, a short walk to shopping and eats on Broadway - and Tribeca is very close - but this hotel is pretty far from many of the touristy spots (midtown). That's fine with me because we've visited those a hundred times - there are many subway stations near this hotel, and that is a plus - also very close to the ferries if you plan on going on the harbor. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay here (until my boyfriend got sick), and even then the hotel had a menu of food places that would deliver - luckily one of the delis delivered chicken noodle soup - perfect, and again...accomodating!"

• Travel date: 6th March 2010

Unaccomodating

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"Unfortunately I never stepped foot inside this establishment as a huge snowstorm cancelled my flight so I could not travel. Approx 22 inches was expected for the city and instead of allowing me to take a lesser cancellation charge of 35$ the hotel implemented for full 101$ cancellation that applies to 3rd party reservations (internet sites). I check the website for club quarters and it does not offer a place for comments...talk about hiding. So only stay here if the weather predict is good."

• Travel date: 27th February 2010

Diamond in the Rough

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"I couldn't believe, adjacent to the WTC ground zero and just completed just 3 months prior, this is a remarkable hotel! Great, professional service, unbeatable price (for nyc), spectacular modern rooms and very delectable continental breakfast. We were lucky to enough to to be upgraded to a room with a kitchenette that was fully stocked, a room that also included a couch,, individual digital room temperature thermostats, a private/classy bathroom, flat screen TV, and more! In addition, the gym was modest but had all the essentials. In addition, they have a service where you can order from a plethora of neighborhood food joints and they'll bring it directly to your room and charge it on your account (so, no cash or tip needed). We just couldn't believe our Valentine's day. After researching horror stories of other Manhattan junk "hotels", we are so glad to have this place. I recommend it to anyone who can't (or won't) afford the Waldoff Astroria, but don't want the cockroaches and communal bathrooms. This hotel is divine and just a $12 cab away from the heart of the city. For two broke college grads suffering in the recession, we know how to spend on a deal when we see one. Ask for Room 429, and tell them Sarah sent you"

• Travel date: 20th February 2010

Nice and New

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"They are not finished with this hotel yet but they have opened their doors for business. Needless to say the place is brand new and very modern. By NYC standards the rooms are quite large which was nice. They also offer free breakfast and free beer and wine at happy hour. The only problem was that they pushed two twin beds together to make one giant bed thing and because they are doing the WTC construction 6 days a week its pretty noisy. $125 per night I would do it again......"

• Travel date: 16th February 2010

Like an under-cooked meal!

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"Got to the hotel to find out it is only partially open with no restaurant and only a couple of other guests. Got to my room and realized that was about 95% done when it got turned over and nothing worked right i.e. the heat, the water pressure, the wireless internet, and the drapes. Froze my but off, could barely take a shower, couldn't check my email, and fought with the drapes until i passed out. Low end product being sold as an upper end product. You're better off at Econolodge or Days Inn. At least they provide the basics!"

• Travel date: 16th January 2010

Beautiful New Hotel in Financial District

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"I have stayed at Club Quarters' Wall Street location many times and always had a great experience. I was eager to try the new World Trade Center location and the hotel certainly did not disappoint. The place is still under construction, so not everything was up and running yet, but the staff was very nice, the lounge area extremely warm and comfortable, and the rooms immaculate. The room boasts very nice light wood furniture, a flat screen TV, and modern bathroom. The ice machines were not yet working, but you were able to call the front desk 24/7 and they gladly delivered ice. Each morning, the hotel puts out an exceptionally nice continental breakfast featuring fresh mixed berries, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, cold cereals, coffee, tea, and juice. And the free Internet stations in the lounge are a huge convenience. When the hotel is totally completed in February 2010, this will definitely be one of the great hidden gems to stay at, especially downtown."

• Travel date: 31st December 2009

Outstanding Value

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"Stayed at the new Club Quarters at the World Trade Center for 5 days. It was ecellent! Very clean and secure. Complimentary breakfast and Happy Hour, with a good variety of snacks. The staff was very helpful and supportive. Free internet was included. Checking in and out was a breeze. The fact that the hotel is close to the financial district made it very appealing from a business perspective. Although the rooms are small, they have everything you need and everything is new and super clean. It was an enjoyable stay. The total cost was just over $300/night, that was less than any of the other hotels in the area."

• Travel date: 22nd December 2009

Don't stay here.

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights. This hotel was not fully completed and we knew that things would not be in perfect order. However, the rooms are just simply too small and not that nice. The layout of the room is very long & narrow. In addition, there was a funky smell in the room too. The water pressure for the shower was also very weak. The reception area was so-so and some of their staffs are quite nice. However there were so much confusion amongst the staff about their own hotel. We asked if they had dry cleaning service and we were told that would not be available. Then we get to our room and found the ticket for dry cleaning. The hotel staff had to make a call to verify that indeed, they do have dry cleaning service! On the day of our check-out, we had a very late flight. One of their staff who checked out for us was extremely rude. He was upset that the one of the hotel staff did not tell us that we would have to pay an extra $35 for a late check-out. We had a lot of luggage and he didn't even help us with the door! After getting back from our stay, we then get billed for over $100 for the late check-out. After we called about the charges, we were told that there would be a refund. 3 weeks later and there' no refund. I know that this is a specific & personal issue that many would not experience at a hotel. However I believe that this indicates a certain level of bad management at this particular hotel. Try the Marriott next door instead or the new W when it finally opens!"

• Travel date: 15th December 2009

Perfect location!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"The area around Ground Zero is being slowly rebuilt and is re-emerging as a friendly, quiet neighbourhood of residents, offices, bars and restaurants. Club Quarters - WTC is close to several subway stations, so perfect for a day's exploring. The hotel itself is immaculately presented, with all guest amenities catered for (although at the time of writing the hotel restaurant had not opened but we were offered complimentary breakfast and early evening 'happy hour' wine/beer/snacks). Wouldn't stay anywhere else now. Brilliant!"

• Travel date: 15th December 2009

Hotels near Club Quarters Hotel, World Trade Center

Club Quarters Hotel, World Trade Center is also called

• Club Quarters World Trade Center
  • club quarters world trade hotel nueva york
  • club quarters world trade center hotel