Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street

Newly renovated Superior Room

About Club Quarters Hotel, Wall Street

• self serve laundry
  • baggage storage
  • express check in check out
  • bottled water
  • fax photocopying
  • shared lounge tv area
  • vending machine
  • newspaper
  • spanish amenities
  • atm on site
  • paid private parking nearby

Comfortable Nice hotel

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"Club quarters takes overflow from places like the Yale Club, Princeton Club, etc., and we were booked there by our local club in Hartford when the other associated clubs were full. It was very nice, clean, comfortable and spacious room, with small sink and cabinet and coffee set-up, two nice wardrobes, table, several chairs, tv and internet connections (neither used by us), shower instead of bath. There was a small lounge with TV, a bar and restaurant which served an ample buffet breakfast for $17 each. The crowd looked like college or alumni; nice looking people. Very convenient to the 2,3,4 and 5 subways, so you can hop on and get uptown easily. We would go again."

• Travel date: 22nd October 2005

Not bad for the price

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"Room was small but clean. Deadbolt did not work on door and TV reception wasn't the greatest. However, it suited our needs and was within walking distance of alot of things. Subway is close. Wall Street is around the corner. Not alot of eating places open in the evening but can walk up a few blocks. Staff was friendly and helpful. Internet access was available so that was handy."

• Travel date: 20th October 2005

Good Deal - Safe Location

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We just returned from a fabulous trip to NYC. The price of this hotel was unbeatable at $109 per night. Stayed 9/23 through 9/25. The staff was very helpful. The rooms were clean. When you first walk in to the room - be prepared - they are small. The beds seem to be full size. The bathroom is tiny but functional. There is a desk in the room. TV set and refrig. You might want to bring your own hairdryer. Theirs is a 1200 Volt and got hot often and I had to turn it off and on to keep it working. Quiet room. Very safe location. I loved the ambience of Wall Street although on Sat and Sun - it was very quiet. Not many restaurants or bars in this area cause of 9/11 - people moved out. We learned the subway system quickly and it was close. Just ask the staff which one to take and they will tell you - very helpful and accurate. It was refreshing to come to this area of town everyday after being in midtown with total chaos and lots or people. Actually really cool in a way. Cops are everywhere - so you feel very very safe in this neighborhood. For what we saved in room rates, we were able to go see a Broadway play (Wicked), Yankee's game and took a bus tour with New York Party Shuttle. I would stay here again and would recommend it to those on a budget that want to spend their money seeing NYC not sleeping there."

• Travel date: 26th September 2005

Practical hotel, excellent rate

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"Stayed in the hotel for 4 nights spanning a weekend mid-September. Weekend rate was an unbeatable $109 per night for a twin room. For value the place was unbeatable. Yes, the rooms are functional and practical but for sightseeing trips to NY city, how long do you want to spend in the room? The bathroom was compact, but again everything needed was there (shower, hairdryer, coffee machine - a strange thing to find that in the bathroom!). As two females travelling alone we found the hotel safe (room cards are needed to operate the elevators so minimises the risk of anyone wandering in off the street, someone was behind the desk at all times) and quiet. I would recommend the hotel and will certainly use again and rate as above average for sheer value for money, safety and location."

• Travel date: 21st September 2005

A budget motel for $175 a night-location is all you get here

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"This hotel is pretty disappointing if you are used to the service and style of a normal business travel hotel (Marriott, Wyndham, Hyatt, Hilton). I wouldn't come back here, I would walk or take a cab and stay further away next time."

• Travel date: 2nd September 2005

Good room, great price

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"My fiancé and I were spending the weekend in New York to attend a party. We didn't want to have to run and catch the train, so we decided to stay in NYC. In looking for a room, everything was either booked or $300 a night. I went on Hotwire and booked a room at the Club Quarters Downtown for $105. I was skeptical since the room was so inexpensive, but it ended up working perfectly for us. On the up side, the hotel itself was very quiet, check-in/check-out was a breeze, the room was spacious by NYC standards and, though downtown, was very close to the 2/3 line (Wall St. stop) and about four blocks from the 1 line (Rector St. stop). Also, it appeared to me that several groups of teens/young adults were using the hotel that weekend for a conference, but they were all on another floor (different from ours) and there was no disruption to us whatsoever. You can only get to your own floor in the elevator with your room key, so no one was running around the hotel. On the down side, the room really had a college dorm room feel to it. The furniture was very utilitarian and plain, the bed was only a full bed, not a queen. The layout of the room was a bit awkward and you had to climb around the bottom of the bed to get in the bathroom. The bathroom was also quite cramped, and big enough for only one person to get ready at a time. The layout seemed strange to me since there was a spacious sitting area, an armoire and an mini fridge. The bed probably should have been resituated. Also, the airconditioner was really LOUD to the point that it woke me up (and I'm a pretty heavy sleeper) several times during the night when it kicked on. I don't think there was anything wrong with it, it was just an old unit. Consequently, I didn't get the best night's sleep of my life. It was unfortunate though since otherwise, it was EXTREMELY quiet by NYC standards. The other downside is that this hotel is situated near the 2/3 subway lines which are closed for most of the weekend for the time being due to repair work. So, for most of the weekend, we needed to walk down to Rector Street to pick up the 1 (not an express line). This was really more of an annoyance and had nothing to do with the hotel itself, but might be a pain for someone not familiar with the NYC subway system. It's also something to consider if you have heavy bags and want to take the subway. The NYC Subway website probably has more detailed info on the repair work. The Club Quarters is a good place if you're looking for simple, serviceable accommodations in New York. The downtown location is really not an inconvenience at all when the 2/3 line is running. Plus, the price simply cannot be beat for a room with a private bath. I'd recommend this hotel for the budget traveler."

• Travel date: 18th July 2005

Great-for the Budget Traveler

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"I stayed here for $90 a night which I obtained through Priceline. The hotel was clean, rooms small, but very adequate. Bathroom is tiny, but served our purpose. The staff were accomodating and I loved the location. The subway was just around the corner, as were Wall Street and the financial district. A nice quiet location and only a quick walk to the Staten Island Ferry for a free boat ride by the Statue of Liberty. I would stay here again!"

• Travel date: 16th July 2005

Look Elsewhere !!!

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"As stated in almost all of the reviews, unless you're traveling solo, do not stay here. This is without a doubt the smallest rooms I have ever stayed in. I've stayed in 1-2 star hotels that were much better then this place. When we arrived and went up to our room I was shocked. The bathroom(toilet, sink and shower stall only) no exhaust fan anywhere as was evident by the stale mildew smell throughout the room. TV on one end of a desk with the dorm refrigerator under one side of the same desk(refrigerator broken) Tried several times to call the front desk, housekeeping, wake up call and every attempt failed. I even tried calling at 3:00am same result. All lines were nothing but busy signals. Tried from my cellphone thinking maybe the phone was also broke but I still received nothing but busy signals. Do they take there phones off? The only way to talk to anyone is to physically go to the front check in desk and that was a nightmare. I asked several times to talk to management only to be told by 3 different shifts that no management is on the premises. How convienent. I tried in vain to tell the staff of all my problems with the room and how dissatisfied I was. The man actually shrugged his shoulders as to say "oh well". Also worth noting, the staff actually shuts off your heat or air condition while you're gone. That was pleasant to come back to .Please, it is not worth the aggravation. Stay anywhere else but here."

• Travel date: 20th June 2005

Great hotel for the price

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"I visted the club quarters, downtown and loved it !!!!! We only stayed a few days, but for the price and quiet location I could not have asked for a better hotel. The staff was very friendly and quick to please. I loved being in the Financial District on the weekend because my husband and I really dont like alot of people, so being here was PERFECT !!!!!!!!! If I ever go back to New York Club Quartes is were I will be staying."

• Travel date: 19th June 2005

good value

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"two couples stayed here on a thursday night. the staff was accomodating - we asked for a room change after we checked in. the rooms were big enough with T.V. and small fridge and clean. the beds were comfortable for $169 a good deal. subway right next door. good downtown location we walked to ground zero then over to city hall and over the brooklyn bridge."

• Travel date: 15th May 2005