Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection

About Casablanca Hotel by Library Hotel Collection

Good

Treated us like family

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"We just returned from a business/family vacation to NYC and have nothing but positive comments about this hotel. Joe and the staff treated us like family from the moment we walked through the door. We were traveling with our two children and were given excellent advice on fun and interesting restaurants and tourist spots. The relaxed atmosphere at the Casablanca and the attentiveness of everyone who works there was such a highlight of our vacation. We truly felt like the comfort of home everytime we walked through the doors."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of October 2004

Fantastic staff in a great facility!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"My husband and i found the staff at this hotel the most helpful, informative and welcoming we've experienced (not a sour look to be seen!). They made nearly all our dinner reservations for us and offered general advice on sight-seeing, etc. The ever-present manager, Joe, milled around amongst the guests answering any queries, or just generally chatting without being overbearing. He seemed to know Manhattan as though it were his own backyard, and sent us to some fabulous neighbourhoods, bars and restaurants. The endless coffee and pastries (and breakfast in general) was a great bonus, as was the wine and cheese in the evening. The location speaks for itself. A real haven. We would highly recommend this hotel, especially to first-time visitors who appreciate excellent service and informative staff."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of October 2004

I will return

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"This was our third stay at the Casablanca Hotel. My wife and I both love staying here. The hotel is a short distance from the Tines Square, which is not a bad thing. The rooms are clean. The price is more than fair. The breakfast is great. If your tired of the long lines to check in, or wait try the Casablanca. I will return to this place every time I come back to New York City."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of October 2004

great location, shabby rooms

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"Great location if you want to be near the theaters. The lounge is great, loved the coffee machine. The little courtyard is a nice touch. The rooms are very small and rather shabby. We had a one bedroom and a suite. Both were small and the bathrooms were on the tiny side. I usually stay at the Elysee (a sister resort ) but I was with an elderly relative who couldn't walk from 54th to the theater. I may stay there again if walking is a problem."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of October 2004

Amazing Experience!!!

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"We discovered the Casablanca hotel on this site, and decided to try something new on this year's trip to NY in August. I can not describe how wonderful our experience was. Everyone member of the staff from the GM to the desk staff was incredible and accomodating. We were going to travel to a new location next year, but after experiencing the Casablanca, we can't wait to return to this hotel next year. I can't recommend this hotel enough and the second floor is a great place to relax and to mingle with the other quests to find out about their day. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and this was the best stay our family has ever had. Thanks so much to the entire Casablanca staff for an incredible stay!!! See ya next August!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 15th of October 2004

Small friendly botique type hotel near the Time Square action.

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"Recently stayed for 3 nights at the Casablanca and then moved to the Affina Dumont for one night.
The Casablanca staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is great for anyone wanting to spend time in the Time Square area. The room we were in was very small even by NY standards but was clean. Has a window air conditioner that just didn't do the job and was noisy, although there was no street noise. No ice machine. Had to call room service to get a bucket. Rick's Lounge is a nice feature. Breakfasts were good as were the various wines provided in the evening. If you are looking for a Time Square area small botique type place this is a good one albiet somewhat expensive at $285 plus tax for such a small room. We definitely liked the recently renovated Affina Dumont with its super large rooms and more modern style for less money. It's a matter of taste I guess."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of October 2004

Absolutely the best

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"We just returned from a 3 night stay (Oct. 2-5) and I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel. The entire staff is friendly, helpful and goes out of their way to make your stay delightful. Rick's Lounge is amazing. This is one of the few places where a continental breakfast includes hard boiled eggs ( a great item if you are watching your carbs). The coffees and snacks throughout the day and evening are a wonderful way to recharge after a busy schedule. However, the evening wine and cheese reception cannot be beat. It was so nice to relax and sip some sparkling wine before heading out to face the chaos of Times Square. Our room was a nice size (2 double beds) but some of the rooms did look extremely small. The bathroom is beautiful and is so clean it sparkles. The entire hotel was extremely quiet, we never heard any street noise. The restaurant recommendations were perfect. This is the only place I want to stay!"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of October 2004

Nice hotel, great location - would stay here again

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Very friendly and helpful staff give this hotel the edge over many others.

As we walked through the door, the staff on the front desk were expecting us, welcomed us by our names, and made us feel right at home (even though we were late due to a delayed flight).

Rooms were not the largest I've stayed in (and we had a deluxe room), but I guess they were a reasonable size for Manhatten.

Lounge area was really nice, where complementary breakfast and evening cheese/wine served.

Fantastic location just yards from Times Square.

Would definately stay here again."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of October 2004

Casablanca Is Thee Hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Just stayed at the Casablanca Hotel on Monday - 9/28 and it was absolutely wonderful. I have stayed in a few hotels in Manhattan and the Casablanca tops them all. The service and the representation is superb! It is a very cozy hotel and the lounge is a great feature for some good coffee and some wine later on in the day. I would recommend this hotel over all the others I have stayed at. You get so much more for your money here and it's just great to be around a staff who is smiling and willing to help you with whatever you need."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of September 2004

A True Gem!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I stayed at the Casablanca Hotel the weekend of August 13-15. It is a truly charming hotel -- clean and quiet, very attractive, tasteful decor, extremely friendly and helpful employees and an excellent "free" breakfast buffet. There are also snacks provided during the day and a wine and cheese hour every week night in Rick's Cafe (a common area with a piano, big screen TV, computer access, books and newspapers). This hotel is a true refuge amidst the hustle and bustle of Times Square. As a single woman traveling alone in New York, I felt very safe and secure at the Casablanca. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to New York."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of September 2004