Best Western Plus Hospitality House

145 E 49th St, New York City, NY 10017-1210

Brilliant experience

"We stayed in these apartments for one week. First impressions very spacious and clean ,exceeding our expectations. Very central to all sights, tour buses and subway(great value).Complementry fresh food in fridge everyday , a big plus. Staff were so helpful and nice.

A big thumbs up !!

Regards,

Five very happy Irish Ladies."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of May 2006

Loved the Best Western on East 49th Street!

Good

"My family and I have just returned from New York, where we stayed at the Best Western Hospitality House. We chose the hotel because it was one of the very few hotels where we could all stay together (5 people) without needing two separate rooms.

The reviews on Tripadvisor were very good (see below), so we booked the hotel online and hoped that the reviews were accurate...
They were!
As one of the other reviews say, it was great to come back to such a nice, large and clean apartment (not just a hotel room) following a busy day touring Manhattan. The living room/dining area was more than sufficient (dining table had seating for six), and the staff at the front desk were very helpful.
The location is very good - some street noise and sirens are to be expected in Manhattan, but it was not too bad. Hotels in Manhattan are notoriously expensive, and whilst Best Western Hospitality House is not exactly cheap, it represents excellent value for money. You could fit more than 5 people in the apartment, making the place a better deal - we had plenty of space. High-speed internet is available at a surcharge.
I have stayed in 4 different hotels in Manhattan, and this is easily the nicest. Thoroughly recommended!"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of May 2006

Superb value

Good

"Excellent for families, our room gave us plenty of space for the 5 of us, 2 bedrooms and a room with a large sofa bed. Its very central, only a couple of blocks from Times Square and one block from the greyline Bus tours.
Very good value!"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of April 2006

Great Place to Stay

"Just returned from a week at Hospitality House in NYC. What a super place! My wife and I went over with our three children (11, 8 and 7) and stayed in a two-bedroomed apartment which had a king sized bed, two twins and a sofa-bed. The living room/dining area was more than sufficient (dining table had seating for six), decent kitchen etc. Staff at the front desk were both friendly and helpful and the location is very good. It was great to come back to such a nice, large and clean apartment following a busy day touring Manhattan. The kids loved the space and the fact that they could watch a little TV in their own room! Whilst it might not be up to the standard of the nearby Waldorf Astoria, this place represents excellent value for money. Thoroughly recommended!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of April 2006

Great value, great midtown location

"I would recommend these apartments without hesitation. For the price of a mediocre midtown hotel room you can get a whole attractive apartment to yourself. Good sized bedroom, huge soft bed, enormous living room, adequate kitchen with a well-stocked fridge (bagels, milk, orange juice, philadelphia cheese, preserves, fruit and ground coffee every day!) and a clean bathroom with loads of towels. The staff were friendly and very helpful . There is also a room to leave baggage on your last day after check out. Kitchen also had a dishwasher.

I stayed there with my partner but I imagine this place would be especially good if you were travelling as a large family. There was a dining table to seat 4 so you could easily entertain!

We loved it."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of April 2006

Best Deal In NYC

"Would I stay here again? In a New York minute, yes! The room was clean, the location excellent, the staff helpful (all shifts). We had the two bedroom penthouse suite (PH-A). It was a full moon and we spent a good amount of time outside on the roof eating lunch, reading and enjoying the upward view of the surrounding buildings. We also had room 7A for part of our family. The room was equally clean and even larger (it didn't have the outdoor space that the roof top penthouse offered). We also had family in 9A which was a one bedroom unit. Again, much larger than one would expect. We really felt like our whole family got to experience life in NYC the way it is lived by residents. Fresh fruit, milk, juice, coffee and bagels were brought up daily during our 4 day stay. There's a full grocery store w/in 2 blocks. There's a shop on the corner where we bought a dozen fresh long stem roses for $6. We were able to pick up cabs almost every time right outside the hotel. A couple of times we went up to Lexington & 49th just to pick up a cab quicker. We were roughly 4 blocks to the UN, an easy walk. About the same to Rockefeller Center. About the same to Grand Central Station and the Chrysler Building. My daughter spent 1 night in the W hotel which was next door and we were blown away by how much of a deal this little hotel offered compared to what she paid at the W. The little pizza shop downstairs was a good cheap pizza for one night. We cooked in for a few lunches and one dinner (the grocery has a number of items that are prepared meals w/ great flavor). All in all, the only hesitation I have in recommending the hotel is the fear that too many people will learn of it and make it harder to get reservations here."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of March 2006

Love the Best Western Hospitality House in NYC

"We just got back from a week stay in NYC. Two couples with us stayed in the penthouse at the Hospitality House and my daughter, husband and I stayed in the one bedroom suite with pull out sofa. The place was fantastic!!! Everything was clean and fresh and the rooms are huge!! We had everything we would need in the kitchen and they kept it well stocked each day. The water is very hot and powerful every time we used it. The staff is wonderful and will do anything they can to help you. Maid service was great every day. We will stay there again when we go back to NYC and I would tell anyone that this is the place to stay. I have read reviews discussing the street noise well remember you are in NYC midtown and this is all part of the NYC charm. Location was super and could walk to alot of tour sites. You can catch a taxi right in front of the hotel and the metro line is not far away. The staff will store your luggage if you check in early or if you check out but still have time to tour before you leave the city. Cafe Linda next door is a great place to eat. Well, done Hospitality House in NYC!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of March 2006

Great Location

Good

"Just back from a 4 night stay in NY. We were there to celebrate my Daughters 18th Birthday. The acomodation was excellant, in a truely great location. The rooms were big, clean and very comfortable, even the Sofa bed in the lounge was user friendly.As every one says NY is quite noisy so if you can get a romm on a higher floor all the better. We will certainly stay there in the future."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of March 2006

Comfort and value..

"My girlfriend and I stayed here for five days and couldn't have been happier. The location is perfect, but there is a bit of noise from the street, so I would recommend requesting a higher floor. Also, Thursday night between 12am and 6am the garbage truck rolls around. The accomodations were great, saved money because of the kitchen facilities and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. Good value, but please be aware that NYC is a busy city, and expect some noise."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of February 2006

Wonderful place

"I and 4 friends spent 4 nights at the BW Hospitality House. We weren't sure if it would be as good as the other reviews promised, but it was. It is very near the Waldorf Astoria, about one block away, at 49th and Lexington. We had the penthouse level. It was clean, freshly painted, remodeled. There were 2 separate bedrooms, two full baths, a living room, dining area, separate kitchen with full sized appliances. The penthouse had a walkout roof top patio that wrapped the room. We didn't spend much time out there as it was January, but it was a neat view - up to other high rises. The beds were very comfortable, firm matresses withpillowtops for comfort. Continental breakfast was nothing fancy, Lenders bagels, oj, milk, coffee, cereal, fresh fruit but they kept it replenished. They changed the towels daily, and gave maid service. It was definitely spacious. The elevator was prompt and the front desk people were helpful. The lobby is really just a desk area. It seems more like apartments than hotel. I was very pleased and would recommend it to anyone who needs a bit of space. It cost us about $80/person/night after you add in all the taxes, which I thought was pretty good for the space we got and the quality of the accomodations. We could walk to Rockefeller Center in less than 5 minutes, and shopping on 5th Ave in about the same. The subway was about 4-5 blocks up and another subway for cross town was another 4 blocks."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of January 2006

Hotels near Best Western Plus Hospitality House

Stayed at Best Western Plus Hospitality House? Share your insight.

Best Western Plus Hospitality House is also called