About Belvedere Hotel

• microwave
  • paid wifi
  • paid internet

Good

Great location, about 5 min walk to Time...

Reviewed Tue 10th of April 2007

"Great location, about 5 min walk to Times Square. Friendly hotel staff.

Had a problem with the room not being clean, but this was sorted and the room was cleaned too thoroughly, the smell of chemicals was very overpowering.

Would recommend doing the big bus tours, great way to see the city as a fraction of the cost of taxis.

The queues at the empire state are very long - I preferred going up the Rockefeller centre at night - was an amazing view, especially at night.

Went to see Chicago while in New York - great show and what an atmosphere!!"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of April 2007

Lovely hotel deserves more than 3* ratin...

Reviewed Thu 30th of September 2004

"Lovely hotel deserves more than 3* rating. This hotel is situated in a quiet side street about 5 minute’s walk from Times Square. Its location is fantastic and there are numerous bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity.

I stayed here in October 2004.

On arrival our taxi was met by a bell boy wearing white gloves who carried our luggage from the taxi to reception. The staff were very friendly and helpful. All public areas at the hotel are immaculate.

Our room was on the 4th floor, away from the lifts. The room its self was a decent size and consisted of a small area with fridge, microwave and complimentary coffee/coffee maker, the bathroom was small but pleasant with marble surround and very clean. The bedroom area consisted of two double beds, plenty of wardrobes and draw storage and a desk and chair. The room also had its own safe.

Whilst staying at this hotel we visited the Brazilian restaurant that is part of the hotel. What can I say, except don’t eat before you go for at least a day. The atmosphere was brilliant and food equally brilliant. It was not the cheapest but well worth the money.

I can not recommend this hotel highly enough and would definitely stay there again. I am an independent travel agent and will recommend it to all my customers."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of September 2004

This is a top class hotel for the money....

Reviewed Tue 31st of August 2004

"This is a top class hotel for the money. Rooms are a fair size for New York but are clean and well maintained. Staff are very helpful. Good choice at breakfast and situated in an ideal location to explore New York. Close to the subway .good value for money. We looked at 8 hotels before we picked this one .the reviews for this hotel were spot on with everyone giving 4/5and I will give it the same. For a 3 star hotel I cannot fault it. Rooms cleaned every day with clean towels. brilliant."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of August 2004

The Belvedere is a great hotel

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"The Belvedere is a great hotel and a great value in NYC. You can't beat what you get for the price. It is in a great location, close to Times Square, theaters, and Restaurant Row. It is an easy walk to Rockefeller Plaza, Madison Avenue and Central Park. And it is close to the subway for going downtown.

Our room was very nice, and everything seemed quite new. And it was great having a fridge and microwave for drinks, snacks and leftovers.

And, we couldn't believe the terrific buffet breakfast every morning.
Be sure to ask about special packages that include breakfast when you reserve."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2003

We thought it was great!

Reviewed Fri 23rd of November 2012

"I spent months researching hotels in NYC and finally decided on The Belvedere. My family was very pleased with the choice. The room with two queen beds was very nice, lots of closet and storage space for the three of us. Loved the coffeemaker and fridge in the room. We were close to everything, Gray Line tour, few blocks from Times Square (but very quiet at night). The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again. Note: I found the best deal for The Belvedere on their own website. We can't wait to return to New York City."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2003

The Belvedere is fantastic

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We just returned from a 5-day trip to NYC and had the good fortune of staying at The Belvedere. It was a last-minute find thanks to TripAdvisor, and we had a great stay. Located in the heart of theatre district, you are located just minutes away from all of the major theatres and Times Square. You are about 15 minutes from Penn Station, the Empire States Building, etc. The room we stayed in on the 12th floor was quiet, extremely clean, and super spacious (king-sized bed). The room is equipped with all the necessary facilities, the best of which is a kitchenette that really saves on dining-out costs. There is a grocery store nearby (Food Emporium) that allows you to stock your fridge with the necessary snacks and prepared sandwiches. The view is alright, but we did not go for the view. The service is great, and the hotel workers are courteous. The best thing about this place is the cost. With a AAA membership, I spent $120/night. My only advice is to check in early and get a room that is on one of the upper floors to minimize the noise. Also, if this your first time to NYC, take the Gray Line Bus Tour (48-hour hop-on, hop-off) - well worth it! Thanks TripAdvisor for helping me make the right choice."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of July 2003

nice location

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and we were impressed about the size of the room. The only complain i had is the bathtub, the water doesn't drain that quick and there's some molds on the side of it. It's near the tkts where you can buy cheap tickets for the broadway show."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of July 2003

Great stay at the Belvedere

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"Great valued hotel for my first trip to NYC. Good location and the plan we booked included a wonderful "full american breakfast". Some people were paying up to $14(I think) per person for this. No doubt I would stay here again"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2003

A GEM!!! A definate great stay!

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"The Belvedere was a wonderful place to stay. Not only was it a great value but it also seemed to be worth more than what we paid. The thing that makes this hotel great is the hotel staff. For the most part everyone was friendly. The bellhops and front desk staff were very courtious and always in a cheerful mood. There was a problem with my iron so I left a note for the cleaners to replace it and they did. The only problems I had were the washrooms could be a bit bigger and our venetian blinds were missing their rods to open and close them. We arrived very early that day (10am) and they were able to check us in early. The location is perfect for Broadway and restaurants. The only thing is to request a room as high as possible because the streets could be a bit noisy at night. But hey that's NYC so get used to it."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of July 2003

I'll always stay here in the future

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"The Belevedere was a beautiful, sweet little hotel in a warm and lively neighborhood, convenient to the rest of the city sights and very reasonably priced! The staff were very pleasant and smiled at me whenever I walked by. The lobby was small but extraordinarily lovely.
The rooms were not as tiny as I'd been led to believe. They are smallish, but gorgeous, with extremely clean rooms and a very friendly and conscientious cleaning staff. I loved this hotel, and only wish I could have stayed longer!"

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2003

it all depends

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"I can well understand why so many love this hotel; it's beautiful and location is great. But we had a foul-up with our prepaid reservations; not all the hotel's fault I think, but they did precious little to clear it up,all the while assuring us it would be OK. On our 4th and last day we did a morning's investigation and legwork ourselves to get to the bottom of it; if not we would have ended up paying for the room twice. I almost died laughing when they told me when I got back "WE finally cleared up your reservation"! As for the rooms, I'm sure they're fine on the 17th floor facing the street, but our 5th floor room right over the central air conditioning unit was not . To sum up, not every stay here is going to be great."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of July 2003

Very good hotel

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"A good hotel is very important when visiting a busy city like NY. We really enjoyed our stay in the Belvedere. Nice location and very nice rooms. If you want to stay in a nice and friendly hotel you really don't want to miss this one."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of July 2003