About Wynn Las Vegas

• casino
  • butler service
  • adult pool

Good

Upon arrival, the Wynn (which we called...

Reviewed Tue 8th of January 2008

"Upon arrival, the Wynn (which we called the lose by the time we were finished) looks spectacular. The entrance, foyer, concierge, and casino floor is very Vegas indeed. However over time there are a few "cracks" that begin appear in the hotel.

Some of the staff were nothing short of rude. They clearly do not employee enough housekeeping staff for the size of the hotel and the queuing time for the restaurants was terrible.

The pool is amazing though, with lovely cabanas outside and a nice long swimming lane, it does look the part, and the club is incredible.

Overall the hotel is great looking, with good facilities. I have to say, I will not be staying here again, that is simply down to the experiences with the staff and the fact that I think it is over-priced for the level service that you get.

Worth checking out, but better off at the Treasure Island I think... "

• Travel date: Tue 8th of January 2008

I went to Vegas for the Hatton fight, th...

Reviewed Thu 25th of January 2007

"I went to Vegas for the Hatton fight, there were eight in our party. Everyone agreed it was the best hotel they had ever stayed in.

We all went to see Le Reve it was an excellent show. We drank plenty of drinks in the bar. All the staff were first class.

We went to the Japanese restaurant one night. The food was superb. The price was expensive.

If you are getting married in Vegas splash out on the best. Go to the Wynn as you will be treated like royalty on your big day. We were only there for the boxing and we were. It is exclusive but worth it.

We could not fault the service food or drinks just could not afford to go very often."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of January 2007

Not as bas as what people say...

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Wynn is what people been waiting for. True bellagio was the last one that was built with a big wow once you see it and stayed in as well, but Wynn is something else. Wynn hotel has its own looks, prettyness and well trained employees.
One thing i noticed that everyone seems to be in the same picture, of course they make mistakes like one of the employee i was talking to but it was handled very well, she wasnt sure so then she asked her Manager and came with an unswer in a minute. I was there for 3 nights and seem to be pleased with everything. I did tried it all, from rooms, spa, casino, show as well as dining.
Rooms certainly awesome very diff from other hotel, contemporary classic designed. Spa just so relaxing, you all should try it. Casino is basic just like the other hotel it has pretty much all kinds of games from slot machines to table games.
Show-Le Reve, hmm it was okay, good, but i kind oif give them a credit for a brand new show in a brand new casino they're still have some bugs to get ird, you know, id rather see this and paid $120 instead of going to a cheap show like $69 and get really dissapointed. I thinks this show is different and put together at least for a new show.
Dining- that's it, i wnet tried Bartolotta, amazing, food are great, if you like italian and seafood. I also had a chance to try SW steakhouse, good good and good , great service.
I will definitely recommend this hotel eventhough as ive said they still hacve bugs to fix, which everyone should still be expecting coz its still fresh and brand new and we all should give it time to make it perfect.
I also want to say something to people who write reviews here, if you had a problem or had and incident with one only like for example an employee making a mistake pls dont blame the whole casino, okay, we all know that this hotel is gorgeous... so just enjoy the stay and the gambling and show as well as dining."

Not for families

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"I was very put off by the Wynn. We approached the hotel/shops and stopped by an employee and turned away because we had a stroller. We were not allowed to enter the property."

vegas visit

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Decided to let a lot of the hype die down before visiting this property. Only thing was everything we had heard was just that hype. Staff were ill informed, La Reve is so uninteresting we fell asleep.

Valet parking was a disaster with over an hours wait for our vehicle despite allowing over 90 minutes after the show before going to collect it.

Trash cans were over flowing

In all it has a lot of improving to do before we would consider returning."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of May 2005

Wynn is biggest disappointment on the Strip.

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"If you look over the Strip and the past decade, one hotel after another made the Strip unique and better from Luxor to Mandalay Bay to the Venetian and Bellagio, each one added something different and unique. This hotel however does none of that.

I believe a lot of the reviews on here have been very forgiving of the problems at the Wynn and that most of the negative reviews have been more accurate. You should not have to accept sub-standard service, missing amenties, and long waits just because it's new. That's crap!!! Steve Wynn has opened hotels before and hotels and restauraunts open every day and are not half as bad as this place. 5-Star is 5-Star, everyday not after months or years to work out "kinks". If you go here, prepared to be disappointed.

PROBLEMS:

Service - The service everywhere is terrible. You will find friendlier front desk people at a Holiday Inn or Best Western. They don't talk or chit chat, they don't appear to be enjoying their job. The rest of the staff at restauraunts, stores, casino personnel are the same. The only exception were the young men who handle the valet parking, they seem half way decent (of course, you are tipping them).

Food - Don't believe all the press on their web site. Believe the reviews on this web site. Eat somewhere else!!! Enough said.

Rooms - The rooms are standard for this kind of up-scale hotel. You can find nicer for less all over the strip. Plus expect things not to work in your room such as TV, CD player, or ammenties to be missing, etc. My TV in room didn't work (took a while to get fixed) and some ammenties were missing and others not replinished after being used. Stay at Casears, Bellagio, or New York New York for less and get more.

Overall, I stayed here three nights and those will be the only three nights I ever stay here. The first major disappointment in Las Vegas I have been too."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of May 2005

Very nice, but the lobby?

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Wynn was great - the rooms were nice (stayed in a corner room facing the strip - awsome!). The in room internet service is 12.99 a day. But the lobby - come on. Its a copy of the Bellgaio - a VERY bad copy. If I was an invester I would be unhappy. Who ever designed it should be fired - they couldn't come up with anything original besides the "take my picture in front of the flowers" motif? Also - I never fully saw or understood the little show that comes on to the screen in the water. Very odd. I guess you have to be eating down stairs to see it, the lobby patio where you walk out to see the lake and the show was closed - why? A few changes would make it nicer. In addition, as a warning - they are constructing Trump Towers across the street - lovely construction noise in the morning. Hopefully Trump will have something other than the standard fluff picture taking atmosphere - something that has class."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of May 2005

Not Impressed

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"We just returned from a weekend at the WYNN. I called the wynn a couple of weeks ago and received a comp room based on my previous play at the Mirage and Bellagio so I decided to try the new bad boy in town based on Mr Wynns previous success. Upon check in I knew this place was a disaster. Way to slow and stuffy. I have to say the rooms are wonderful, very stylish and chic a first for vegas. Housekeeping sucks they need to take a lesson from the Mirage and Bellagio were I have stayed for the past 10 years. I never complain but I just couldnt stand a few things. Room service took 2 hours on Saturday afternoon and the food was so so. I didnt even try the restaurants the we are booked this evening drove me away. The casino is nice but the dealers and floor people act as if the money is coming out of there pockets. Nice pool if you can find it. I will go back one more time only if on a comp, if they dont get there act together hello bellagio!!! Mr wynn you showed the world the best in the past, stay on top of this place because if the comped customers are complaining do you really think people will want to pay. Vegas is all about service, right now I'd rather stay at an older property with wonderful service than a beautiful place that cant service the customer. Hire more bodies and train them to say yes sir, thank you senora and wait on the customer hand and foot."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of May 2005

Flattery and Deception

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We visited this much hyped hotel within two weeks of its opening. It is a beautiful building, with excellent swimming pool, and rooms that are in the top class for appearance, being large with a big and very comfortable bed, big windows overlooking the golf course or the Strip. The bathroom was big and well appointed with two sinks. It was a pity that we heard of two people whose lavatories blocked completely, and took more than a day to be unblocked.

In our room there were two missing light bulbs, and chewing gum stuck under the rim of the sink. The carpet was not vacuumed for two days, nor was the corridor outside, where match sticks remained on the floor throughout our two day stay.

The "coffee shop" was staffed by people who worked at a rate below that necessary to avoid long queues, and the house-keeping staff were, frankly, lazy. Middle management was conspicuous by its absence, and there was an apparent complacency as the staff seemed to believe their own hype.

There may be teething problems, but they need to be sorted out soon to avoid what many others have commented--"it's better at the Bellagio". In fact, on our way out of the hotel, we heard someone checking out early as she was very disappointed--and she was staying in the more expensive Tower Suites!

In all, the fabric is top class, but the hotel needs top class staff to run it.

Mr Wynn claims that " it took five years to design your bedroom". It is a pity that the staff seem to have had only two weeks training"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of May 2005

My Wynn Experience

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"We visited Wynn twice during opening week. I realize that there are many things to iron out in a new facility and I am not one to require the best of the best. Having said that, there are things that I do expect and one of them is to be treated with courtesy no matter what I wear or what I look like. Not being a person that dresses to the nines all of the time, I am not uncomfortable going into a highend store and purchasing items either. I can definitely afford it, but I don't think that I need to do it all the time. I mention all of this to give you a background to better understand my disappointment at various aspects of my Wynn visits.

I'm not sure if it was because Wynn is new, but valet parking was not allowed for anyone except those staying at the hotel. This was actually a prelude to many discoveries I would make upon entering the hotel. After 20 minutes, we finally managed to park in the parking deck and our first impression was of an elevator that had carpet shedding all over the place. Our second impression was entering through the Masserati dealership area and finding a rope strung across the store with a sign that read "private function".

As this was the only place I had desired to shop (anniversary present for hubby), I was determined to find out when I could enter. Lo and behold, the sign was for the dealership itself (they apparently had famous people who were looking at the vehicles) and they were simply using a rope to keep down the number of people in the store. This is one of only 5 such Masserati stores in the world and business was very good for them.

This turned out to be the only store we entered.....there was a mood that seemed to float over many of the stores that these were serious stores and not for browsing. It's funny because I don't feel this way at Bellagio or Venetian or any other high end stores for that matter, so I'm not sure what to make of the perception I felt.

Another observation was that the foyer was breathtaking and we loved the inlaid mosaic on the floor. Unfortunately there were many cracked and/or missing tiles that were probably a product of last minute rushing coupled by some high heals before things were set properly.

It's unfortunate that you cannot walk around to view the grounds unless you are a guest of the hotel. In particular, it creates a problem with the water show. To view it otherwise causes a massive traffic jam at the hanging parasol area which is bound to be a safety concern if it isn't already.

My impression of the casino was that it reminded me alot of the inside of the Golden Nugget with the white furnishings.

But my biggest gripe was the attitude of several of the employees. An example of this is that on our second visit (during the day), I took the escalator downstairs and approached an employee who was in front of the picture window that overlooks the water area. I wanted to know if there were any sit down areas that you could go to and enjoy the view at night and if so, what time did the shows go on. Have you ever had the experience of trying to talk to someone who never looks at you? Well that is what was happening and she would turn her head and look everywhere but at me and seemed totally disinterested in speaking to me as well. I have to say that I was completely frustrated in her interest in responding to me and finally I made a remark about her "helpfulness" and the reflection it had on Wynn management. I wasn't being nice but I think that between the frustration of no valet service, trying to get through the throngs of people and then being treated like I wasn't someone worthy of her time, was a bit much.

Would I stay at Wynn's? Definitely. I am dying to see what it would be like to be on the other side and whether the treatment is different as an insider."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of May 2005

Beautiful hotel, but still has some kinks to work through

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"PROS:
-The rooms were clean and spacious. The resort room category is 640 square feet. It has a sunken-type bath tub, two sinks, glass-enclosed shower, and a lcd tv screen in both the room and bathroom...Not bad! We were on the 24th floor with the view of the golf course.
-Buffet had good food. We had breakfast and dinner there several times and most everything seemed to be fresh.
-Bartolotta Ristorante Di Mare: Get reservations if you can! If you like seafood and Italian cuisine, you shouldn't be disappointed.
-Spa had a relaxing atmosphere with helpful staff. Paid $175 for a 50 minute La Mer facial, only because I had heard about La Mer and wanted to try out their products. Was not disappointed, but don't think I'd pay $175 for a facial again.

CONS:
-Housekeeping department needs improvement. One of our rooms could not be checked-in for five hours because housekeeping hadn't cleaned it yet. On the second night of our stay, we called housekeeping three times to have our room cleaned. The supervisor on duty said he'd discuss some sort of compensation for the inconvenience. After checking on my account and finding that no adjustment had been made, I complained to the registration desk at checkout and they gave me an adjustment...so all was not lost.
-Not the most kid-friendly of places. Strollers are not allowed unless you're a guest in the hotel (though I'm unsure how strict the staff enforces this rule). There are no shops, services, etc that caters specifically for kids. If you're traveling with small ones, you may want to look elsewhere.
-Valet service was slow, but this might be true at other hotels as well...
-It can be pricey.

All in all, a very nice stay, but not a hotel I would recommend for a family."

Beautiful!

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"I visited the Wynn. May 11 and 12. We did not stay there, but walked through the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised at the friendlyness of the staff. The Wynn. signature shop and the gallery have very reasonably priced items that make for great souveniers. There are also several high-end shops that are fun to look in, including the only Anne Geddes shop in the world - I believe. They had the most adorable baby clothese I have ever seen. We wanted to go into Louis Vuitton on the 12th but there was a private party being held. We didn't ask to go in to shop, but we did see Steve Wynn schmoozing with what appeared to be well-to-do patrons. The beauty of the Wynn is hard to describe. The colors are gorgeous and the detail that was put into the hotel is so unique and exciting. If you can stay at the Wynn I believe it would be a very relaxing stay. It's relaxing just to walk through the hotel, though. A true destination while in Vegas. As a side note, a couple guys at the airport told us they thought they needed to wear slacks and collared shirts just to get in. I don't think that is right, though it wouldn't hurt. We saw several people in jeans and others in t-shirts."

Hotels near Wynn Las Vegas