Exterior

Nice but...

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"We stayed at the Palazzo for 4 nights starting February 6th. Some shops were not yet open and the pool deck was unfinished. The room may be one of the best standard room in Vegas. Same layout at Venezia but I like the color scheme a bit more. The bathrooms are great and have nice products. However, the common areas of the hotel (halls, lobby etc..) felt very generic to me. It feels like walking around some upscale mall in a wealthy suburb. It has none of the over the top-ness of the Venetian/Venezia and is not nearly as nice as Wynn or Bellagio. Moreover, they blare the most annoying muzac throughout. There is no sense of style or personality."

• Travel date: 13th February 2008

Great hotel

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"Wonderful accomodations. All rooms are considered suites. We just returned and not all was open. Note, the actual size of the hotel and casino is relatively small. Apparently there was an emphasis to build up, not out. Suggestions on restaurants #1 - Morels - a French steakhouse-lamb done perfectly and the tenderloin could be cut with a fork. #2 - Table One - Went there for lunch on two occasions - this is Emeril's place. Service was great - we sat at the bar and had pizzas and sandwiches. Last - Carnevino - an Italian Steakhouse - Mario Batali's place (Iron Chef) - I do not recommend at all - by far, the priciest with bad service and worst lamb I have ever eaten. It was extremely salty was served underdone and the tenderloin was cold. Patrons are jammed together in order to get the most tables in a small space. The table for two hardly had enough room for the two menus! Overall, the hotel is terrific,, and, remember, if you feel you want to leave the property, just head over to the Venetian. It's a quick walk."

• Travel date: 12th February 2008

Needs some time...

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"The good news is, the hotel is new. The bad news is the same. Vegas takes more wear and tear than other cities, so a spotless room does not go unnoticed. The layout is very similar to the Venetian; all rooms are large suites and the bathroom is well appointed. The casino area is well laid out and airy. My issues with the hotel mainly stem from inexperienced (not "bad") service. The front desk told me that I was booked at the Venetian, not the Palazzo. They eventually found my reservation, but then repeatedly told me my corporate card was unauthorized (it was not, so it appears they must have been trying to run a charge through incorrectly - it worked at the airport that night, the next morning for breakfast within the hotel and again at checkout). Finally, the wrong room number was written on my room card so I ended up at the opposite end of the hotel; a security guard conincidentally walked by, resolved the issue and took me to the correct room. Due to a delayed flight, this all occurred around 5am. My only other complaint is that it doesn't seem to have the personality of a Vegas hotel. For kitschy, I like the Venetian. For elegant, I like the Bellagio. This falls somewhere in between, not choosing to be one or the other (in my opinion, similar to the Wynn - nice, but not knocking my socks off). As was said in a previous review, I would definitely give them some time to work out the kinks. But all in all, if you like the Wynn, this will eventually be a great alternative."

• Travel date: 11th February 2008

almost but not quite

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We stayed long after the soft opening but before the official opening...so bear that in mind. With the soft opening rates it would be a fine value, when the rates changed to "regular" it would seem better to look elsewhere. The room appointments appear good, but our room was already showing sings of wear and tear (stained furniture and non-working lights, safe, printer etc). The windows were really streaked and condensation inside the layers prevented any real view. Service ranged from: "oops, I am so sorry" to "What are you doing in this room! You'll have to clear this at once." (the maid to me after being there for two days, with six days to go...) There were a series of errors on my bill that were corrected on my check-out bill BUT re-appeared on my credit card...Which resulted in my having to prove my bill...and I mean really provide copies and details of my charges and changes, so get a hard copy, the overcharges on my bill exceeded $1,500.00! Room service was OK and food was good, but the proceedure to set-up took quite a while and the clearing was even longer...(the tables are down a flight of small steps) meaing that you either leave the mess overnight or leave 1-2hrs for clearing... Bathrooms are wonderful..best part of the room... There was not enough light to read the paper at night and NO reading lamps at bedside...and the desk lamp little more than a night light. Outlets by the desk are fully taken by the hotel equipment...leaving not one for your computer etc. The printer was a nice touch, but mine did not work properly. In room movies also failed to work, though did not fail to show on the bill.!? Check-in and Valet parking as well as getting a cab are still confusing. Requesting a cab/car service was OK, but when they failed to show..there was no record of the request (though made in person at the desk...) and we started all over again (taking about 50min..) All in all, with the final pricing...I'll take the WYNN or THEHotel... (PS Morels Steak House was GREAT, go there stay elsewhere)"

• Travel date: 11th February 2008

Needs a lot of work

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"I stayed at the Palazzo in early January for the Consumer Electronics Show. I will preface my remarks by saying that the hotel was selling rooms before the "official open" and many of the problems I experienced have hopefully been fixed. It was disappointing that because of their greed, they opened the property before they were ready. When I first checked in, my room had several problems, some of them so obvious that I was surprised they rented the room, such as: drywall mud in the bathtub, a mini-bar with no drinks, an automated wake up service that didn't work, room service that left me on hold for 15 minutes, and Internet access that didn't work. If it's the same management as the Venetian, I'm sure they will work out the kinks, but I'd give them a couple of months before you stay there."

• Travel date: 2nd February 2008

Exceptional

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"We stayed at the Palazzo and it was exceptional. The standard room was very spacious and great decore. The staff was very friendly. However, the spa was not open yet, and we were offered the usage of the venetian spa. The Venetian spa needs an overdue renovation urgently. It is definately not a world class spa. Overall, I would definately stay there again and highly recommended it to travelers who expect a high calibre of accomodations."

• Travel date: 2nd February 2008

Our weekend at The Palazzo

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"The suite was absolutely perfect but we were very dissapointed to find out the Spa was not opened yet. We were sent to the Venetian Spa. Took us probably 1/2 hour to find out were the Venetian spa was located. The service of the Venetian Grand Canyon was terrible. The staff in the spa were so loud. They were talking to each other making loud jokes, pulling merchandise from boxes and then crushing the empty boxes with theyr feet. People go to a spa to relax. I was very disturbed by the incident. The spa showers were terrible.They could upgrade at least the shower heads. We visited the Bellagio for christmas and was impressed with the spa and restaurants. Perfect showers, no noise, good quality Pevonia body products. I wanted to go back to the Bellagio Spa sunday but its close for non hotel members. I wasted one day of spa because I will refuse to go to the Vellagio spa again. Next month we are going back to Las Vegas but we are staying at the Bellagio hotel."

• Travel date: 30th January 2008

nice and new

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"The Palazzo is very nice but doesn't quite have the style or personality as the Venetian, Bellagio, or Wynn. Perhaps that will change once all the restaurants, shops, and pool open. It is a fantastic compliment and addition to the Venetian complex though. The casino had higher ceilings which made it feel very open and less smokey. At this time, the Palazzo does not have it's own poker room. The tables, and walkways between the tables had plenty of room so it didn't feel as crowded as the Venetian. One complaint was with the room doors. Usually you just let the door shut all the way on it's own. You had to pull the handle to make sure the door closed all the way. Maybe they did this so people didn't accidently lock themselves out of their room. The room itself was great. Plenty of space with a very comfortable "L" shaped couch in the step down living room. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice as well. It reminded me a lot of the bathrooms at TheHotel at Mandalay Bay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a very nice and simple escape from the crowds, hoopla and gimicks of other Vegas hotels while still being on the strip with easy access to the Venetian and just enough hype to make you feel cool."

• Travel date: 28th January 2008

Great new option in Vegas

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"The new Venetian tower is impressive, although we encountered some glitches, which we expected only one week after grand opening. Rooms: I've always loved the layout and amenities of the Venetian rooms, just not the faux-gilt decor. The Palazzo's rooms have all the advantages of the Venetian but are done in understated taupe and chocolate with touches of pale blue. The public spaces are also very tasteful and nicely done. Service: Every worker we encountered was helpful. We asked one guard for directions to a particular exit, and he walked us partway there to make sure we found it. There was no wait to check in when we arrived at 6:30 on a Friday night. Room service: Breakfast arrived hot and sooner than expected. It was quite tasty, too. Casino: The high ceiling gives it an open feeling. Some dealers were clearly still learning, but they were pleasant and the games didn't suffer. My spouse found the craps table a little "bouncy." Expect lots of rolls off the table. Spa: Ignore that "Canyon Ranch Spa and Pool" button in the Palazzo elevators. The Palazzo pool is still under construction, and guests use the spa at the Venetian. The strain is showing -- it was loud and chaotic. The staff had a tough time keeping up with turning around shower rooms, refilling beverage pitchers, etc. I also saw at least 5 people using their cell phones, despite signs prohibiting cell phone use. On the plus side, my massage therapist, Shann, was great. She told me the spa would be expanding soon, including some new lounge areas. If you crave a quiet, restful spa experience, you might want to hold off until the expansion or ask about booking an off-peak time. Concierge: We called for a suggestion on an Asian/sushi restaurant. We rejected the first place because we wanted somewhere a little more low-key. She recommended Koi at Planet Hollwyood. It was perfect. Glitches: Key readers on guest room doors were malfunctioning. We had to get the keys changed out twice during the weekend, and even then, often had to try 5-6 times to get the key to read. We saw others having the same problem. It is a major annoyance to traipse back down to the lobby. There were a couple unfilled nail holes in a wall beneath the plasma TV. Guess they hung it too low the first time. The desk area didn't have a open plug for my laptop; I had to unplug the fax machine. The light switches in our room seemed to be wired wrong. The remote for one TV didn't work. Pet peeves: Wireless Internet access is $9.95 a day. There was also a $15 charge to use the gym, even if you were having a spa service. (The nice attendant who checked me in "forgot" to put that on my bill. Thank you!) There's a separate shower and tub in the bathroom, which is nice, but there needs to be a small ledge to hold extra toiletries and give a woman a footrest while she shaves her legs. Why don't bathroom designers get this? I'd heartily recommend the Palazzo, unless you're one those people who can't tolerate slight imperfections."

• Travel date: 27th January 2008

Classy and un-themey. Loved it!

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"I stayed at the Palazzo during its Grand Opening--I was actually there during the soft open and had no idea. Not all of the restaurants and shops were open yet, but I didn't mind because the hotel was so nice. Staff were wonderful, the lobby was gorgeous, the casino wasn't crowded with machines and lights and noise (or hookers), and best of all, the room was fantastic. I think the Palazzo is all suites; mine was spacious, well decorated, and the bathroom was half the size of my apartment! My suite had three TVs, remote-controlled drapes, and beautiful furniture. The Palazzo is also connected to the Venetian, its sister property, and in comparison it seems smaller and less theme-based, which I really enjoyed. You still have access to the Venetian, and the Sands Expo Center, without having to constantly walk around the "Look Ma, there's a sky on the ceiling" tourists in the Venetian."

• Travel date: 25th January 2008

Hotels near The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino is also called

• the palazzo hotel
  • palazzo las vegas
  • palazzo hotel las vegas