The Mirage Hotel & Casino

3400 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV 89109-8923

Good

Great first Las Vegas trip!

"It was our first trip to Vegas (five days: July 20-25). We didn't know waht to expect. We stayed at the Mirage. A $20 tip got us an upgrade to an Executive Rom - not bad!The Mirage was very good --- the room, service, and location. But it was lacking in good, reasonably priced restaurants. For example, the Bellagio buffet was cheaper and much better.Next time we'll try to stay at the Bellagio or Venetian.We saw 4 shows - Jubilee, Mystere, The Amazing Jonathan, and Blue Men. Excelelent seats and excelletn shows. I was on stage for The Amazing Jonathan show for 45 minutes --- luckily I had a few beers!Hotel hopping was fun as this was our first trip. The Bellgio and Venetian blew me away.People watching was fun. Attractive couples and attractive "uncles and nieces." :).Gambling was great! I played poker at the Bellagio and Mirage (broke even!) and had a blast. (My wife enjoyed the slots.) Next time, I'll try blackjack and craps, too.Food was mixed bag. One chas to look for reasonably priced restarants. Spago was one of them. Auerole was expensive but good. Otherwise, we were a bit disappointed.L.V. is great but it's a money pit. Not so much the gambling as the shows and food. Aside from hotel hopping everything costs and almost everything is expensive.It was hot but dry and bearable. We were indoors most of the time.Advice: leave the kids at home (we did) and try to go before it gets too hot. Be prepared to spend or save up and go next year.Doug"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of July 2003

Dissapointed w/ the Mirage

"I stayed at the Mirage from July 15-18 (Tue-Fri) and have to say that I was dissapointed with the overall quality of the hotel. The room was adequate at best. The sheets on the bed felt cheap and there was no coffee pot in the room. The bathroom was tiny, even by budget hotel standards. We didn't receive enough glasses for water in our room, and we called the front desk asking for some more. It took them nearly an hour to get them to us in our room. If you want a funbook or comps, don't come to the Mirage. You'll have to spend at least 1,000 points (dollars) gaming before you get any rewards. The buffet was nice, but we felt that the buffet at Treasure Island was just as good for a lower price. We will not be going back to the Mirage."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of July 2003

A Little Piece Of Heaven on Earth

"MY Husband & I Just return from las vegas yesterday. We had a wonderful time. We stayed at THE MIRAGE for 5 days 4 nights, We did not want to leave. Everyone at the MIRAGE HOTEL AND CASINO is very kind, they make sure that all your needs are met. I Just cannot say enough about this HOTEL. We just got back yestarday and we're already planning our next trip. LOVE IT"

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2003

Enjoy the Mirage

Good

"We just returned form anoter stay at the Mirage. Our first experience there was wonderful. We ended up with a corner room that gave us a view of the entire strip! This time around we had to do a little complaining to get a better view/room. I reccommed checking in as early as possible if getting a strip view is important to you. This time we paid an extra twenty dollars a night and were up graded to one of the private floors with a great view of the pool and the strip. The staff at the Mirage is always very nice and accomodating. The hotel will go out of the way to make you happy every time.

If the pool is important to you then I highly reccommend staying here the pool is very large and although it does get crowded, you never seem to notice ( and never have problems bumping into people in the huge pool). If you want a prime spot, you need to get there early because most of the spots are taken by 9:00. We love the buffet here and the 24hr Cafe has good food as well. If you are looking for a less expensive meal then it is easy to just go across the street to the Venitian, they have a food court in the shopping area there.

We discovered the trolley this time! a great way to get around without the cost. Rides are about 1.65 each. The ride is airconditioned and is a nice change from walking around the strip. It is not very fast, so if you are on a time limit, I would spend the extra $ on a cab.

We had a great time on this last trip. We actually went to plan our wedding there for this march. The Mirage was nice and comfortable place to stay. It can be a bit crowded though. Overall I highly reccommend it to peole who want the casual atmosphere and it is a great place to stay with the kids as well."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of July 2003

Very Nice Hotel

Good

"We arrived on Thursday, 6/26/03 and departed on Sunday. We had asked for non-smoking room with a King size bed and only had 2 queen beds for non-smoking. Put us on the list to change rooms, but we decided to stay in original room. Asked for complimentary tickets to the Secret Garden and this saved us $20. It was 108 degrees so the animals were just laying around. One of our best meals was the Moongate Chinese Restaurant in the Mirage and also had a good steak at Smith & Wollensky by the MGM Grand. The pool was great but plan on getting out to the pool by 7:00 a.m. if you want to get a decent seat. You are in the sun by about 8:30-8:45. Would stay here again if I can get a reasonable rate."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of June 2003

Great - Unless You like Pools

"The rooms were nice and we even had a free suite for a night. Rooms were high quality and restaurants were great (Highly recommend Samba). Check-in/out was really smooth. Now the drawback, which really affected our stay. The pool is a HUGE, HUGE issue. If you want to lay out and relax, you are going to have a problem. We had to walk around the enormous pool several times to find a chair. Need to get there early or you are out of luck. The pool itself is really nice but its just not big enough to hold 1,000s of pool goers. Laying out is not supposed to be stressful. They also wont bring food to you while you are at the pool. You have to voyage to a restaurant inside the casino and sneak it back in. If being at the pool is a priority for you, you may want to try somewhere else. Side note: Lot of single women/men in pool area for you single folks."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of June 2003

Very pleasant stay

"We stayed at the Mirage from June 1 Sunday through Thursday. Checking in took five minutes, and the elevators to our floor very quick as only serviced five floors. Room was adequate. Bathroom small but ok for two people. As our room was only $89 a night i thought this was fine. Nice view of the strip. We only ate in the Mirage once at Kokomos which was really nice. The casino is nice, but i preferred the more spacious Bellagio, Venetian and Mandaly Bay. Apart from these it was pretty much the best we saw. What really makes the Mirage a great place to stay is the pool, which is awesome. It was 105 degrees when we went, and so nice to relax with a few drinks (brought by the loveliest looking bikini clad waitresses imaginable.

Overall our stay at the Mirage was excellent. We had no major problems during our stay other than the spa booking system was down and i had to wait to get a confirmed time for a massage.

Midweek the Mirage is an awesome place to stay and the only places i was more impressed with were the Venetian and the bellagio."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of June 2003

Not very impressed

"I was very excited to stay at the Mirage, I have long been a Big Cat fan, especially tigers... I was very disappointed when my mom took me for my 31st birthday, and found the pool was drained, the secret garden was closed, and many of the machines were closed for remodeling. We had reservations at Balleys, but changed when The Mirage sent an e-mail stating they had better prices during our planned stay. What a let down. Even the tiger exhibit was closed while some repairs were made to the elephant statue that was in the exhibit. We will stay in another hotel next time, and just visit the Mirage. False advertising does not appeal to me, and I feel The Mirage did just that..."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of June 2003

Slightly disappointed

"Hotel beautiful. Standard room adequate, however, bathroom very small and poor lighting. We had a smoking room and there were cigarette burns on bedspread and top sheet had a huge hole in it.Drapes drooping due to no drape hooks which I reported but never fixed. Phone message machine not working (light would not come on) reported that and told that would be corrected. Upon leaving pushed the message button even though unlit and found out we had something for us at front desk. Went down with our luggage and was handed an envelope with all kinds of freebies such as free buffets at hotel, free tickets to see white tigers, $10.00 worth of slots etc. None of which could be used due to we were checking out. Extremely disappointed and was told "so sorry". We will select another hotel next time. I believe one pays for the gorgeous lobby and not what you actually get in your hotel room."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of June 2003

What a fantastic place

"Everyone must visit Las Vegas sometime in there lives the Mirage hotel was fantastic. We also went in the Venetian,New York New York, Ceasars Palace, Bellagio, MGM Grand and Treasure Island. All the hotels were brilliant and can't wait untill next time."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of June 2003

Nice stay

Good

"Lovely hotel great rooms hotel super clean great experience the only downfall which can't be helped is all the prostitutes hanging around the hotel I was at the bar drinking tea at 8am my partner still drunk in bed lol and overheard some man telling her what he wanted her to do to him gross I'm not against things like that but hearing that at 8 with ur cup of tea puts u off a lil they wait outside bars for men to roll out psralettic other than that had a great time lovely stay at hotel defo recommend "

• Travel date: Fri 4th of May 2012

Myself and my husband, went to Vegas in...

"Myself and my husband, went to Vegas in May 2007 for our 25th anniversary and stayed at the Mirage. After being delayed at Gatwick for 5 hours, we were both well excited when we landed.

The hotel was amazing, the staff very friendly and we had a fantastic view at the top overlooking the Dolphin enclosure and the swimming pool and Caesars Palace.

We both love to play poker but be prepared to lose money unless you have a good hand, we ended up playing on the slot machines for 1 & 5c, you could be on there all day if you wanted, they are great fun.

Take a trip to the Grand Canyon by helicopter - breathtaking.

Recommend the outlets for designer clothes, got some really great bargains for our grandchildren and us.

Tried the buffets at the Mirage (breakfast great) the Bellagio (evening meal) well worth paying that bit extra.

It’s true what they say ‘Vegas never sleeps’, we got chatting to some of the local residents, really friendly and they helped us on those great computerised fruit machines.

We had a fantastic time the weather wasn't too hot 85 to 100 but we did drink lots of water all day as the heat is very dry.

The Mirage is a great location right in the middle of the strip and you can get the shuttle to Treasure Island which saves your feet.

We are going back again in May 2008 and staying the other end of the strip at the Monte Carlo, can’t wait. This time I will make sure I sleep on the way to Vegas, so we can enjoy the first day more, as you do get over tired being 8 hours difference behind.

• Travel date: Thu 10th of January 2008

Hotels near The Mirage Hotel & Casino

Stayed at The Mirage Hotel & Casino? Share your insight.

The Mirage Hotel & Casino is also called