Skylofts

2nd Wedding Anniversary - Unbelievable

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"What can you actually say about this place that merely does it any justice? My wife and I enjoy staying in nice hotels when we travel, but never have we experienced the amenities and service of those offered by Skylofts. Let me give you a brief preview into the life of a hotel guest at the Skylofts... Booking: I booked directly through Skylofts by phone. Within 2 days I was contacted by my own personal concierge who was there to assist with any pre-arrival requests and to understand my travel times to ensure I was picked up and dropped off at the airport promptly. I ordered flowers, wine, dinner reservations, and show tickets all before I ever arrived in Las Vegas. Arrival: After a long flight, I was greeted at baggage claim by our driver, who carried our bags directly to the Maybach and drove us directly to the VIP line at the MGM Grand entrance. Greeting: The passenger door of the Maybach was opened by my personal concierge, who gave us a brief tour of the MGM Grand, then escorted us through the VIP lounge, to the private elevators, taking us directly to the Sklofts private lobby at the top of the hotel. At this point, you forget that you are actually at the MGM Grand. Everything is superbly maintained and the front desk staff stands as you step off the elevator. (Did I mention that I have not touched my bags.. the bell hop took those while we got our brief tour of the hotel). Check-In: This is not done at a desk.. it is done on your dining room table, inside the loft. Very simple.. just sign at the dotted line, and everything else you buy at the hotel goes straight to the bill...... Post Check-In: After our bellman and concierge leave, our personal butler gives us a tour of the loft and explains all the gadgets. (ie.. universal remote for the climate, drapes, tv, music; infiniti bathtub; espresso maker; etc.) He also points out that there are fresh berries delivered to our room periodically throughout the day, and chocolate at night.. so if we dont want room service slipping into our room, we might want to turn on the 'Do Not Disturb' light. Post / Post Check-In: You never want to leave your room. All of the 'On Demand' movies are free, and so are the soft drinks. You will never want to leave the waterfall shower, and the bed and array of pillows wont let you even wake up. Service: Restaurant reservations were made for us at the Bellagio, but we only had one mix-up... The 2 show tickets they had reserved for us were not next to each other.. in fact, they were in opposite sections. So, they comped our tickets, got us tickets at the next best show.. 5th row - Center Stage. Not only that, but to accomodate for their mix-up, they transported us around the Strip that night in a Maybach.. from MGM to dinner; dinner to the show; and from the show back to the MGM.. all on the house. That is over $400 saved due to their mix-up... Now, that is treating your clients right. As for previous posts regarding the MGM.. I can definitely see that the MGM Grand is not the 'Grandest' of hotels on the Strip.. but, believe me.. you will forget you are even there once you step off the elevator on the top floor. If we return to Vegas, there is no question where we will stay.. In fact, I doubt we will ever stay anywhere quite like Sklofts again in any of our future travels. For our wedding anniversary, it was simply 'Perfect'."

• Travel date: 19th August 2007

Perfect Service - Wonderful Space

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"My boyfriend and I stayed at Skylofts with some friends for a celebratory few days. The lofts are really amazing, the bathrooms especially - the tub, the shower and televisions are enough to keep you in the room for a day! The gadgets are a guys' dream - my boyfriend walked around with the Creston controllers for the whole time. I was most impressed with the service - attentive and friendly without being overbearing. I had a concern about one of the charges on my folio and they were very fair and accommodating. I can't say enough about them - we came from the Bellagio the night before and while the hotel overall has nicer public areas than the MGM, when you're at the Skylofts you barely notice where you are. I would recommend Skylofts to anyone wanting an impeccable stay with luxury and convenience!"

• Travel date: 16th August 2007

Luxury at it's best

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"The skylofts at MGM Grand in a word is incredible. We were there for 4 days and really did not want to leave the loft. The spa and dream butlers were simply teriffic. Just a note, be prepared to tip everybody. If you can stay even one day everybody needs to experience this kind of luxury at least once."

• Travel date: 13th August 2007

Perfect!

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"We have just returned from an AMAZING stay at the MGM Skylofts! Most of what has already been written here rings true (we booked it based on the reviews on this site as they are always helpful), so in brief... Pick up: We were picked up in a Maybach, greeted outside the hotel, our luggage taken for us without having to ask and escorted to reception. By this point, we were being made to feel very special indeed. Reception: We were handed over to our personal butler who presented us with fresh juice and fruit and then showed us the facilities in our room (bigger than our flat at home by a long way). The room was beautiful and the service perfectly pitched; we've stayed at a few very nice hotels and this was better than them all. It was topped off by the fact that a (infinity) bath had been run for us before we arrived - and the water was at exactly the right temperature. If we hadn't already felt spoilt by this point, this is the moment that would have done it. Room: A nice amount of complimentary items - even simple things like coke - which actually makes a big difference, you may be paying a lot for a room, but you don't want to pay a lot for a soft drink too, so this was perfect. The room itself was clean, beautifully designed, and had more tvs than I knew what to do with. Another nice touch was that there were a number of films provided free of charge too. It was difficult to leave the room it was so nice! Room Service: Feeling peckish we ordered some room service - just simple club sandwiches (the cost was not particularly high) - a maid came and laid the table (scattering petals) and informed us our food would be ready in 30 mins. Sure enough, food turned up on time and was delicious! We also used the coffee machine in the suite to make drinks - a brilliant machine, great coffee, no cleaning required, free! Breakfast: We opted to eat at the MGM Mansions. I strongly recommend you do this; they are a set of private villas within the MGM and have their own casino, pool and breakfast area. The service here was, again, amazing, the food wonderful and served in much smaller portions (in a good way) than you might be used to in vegas. I should add that you are escorted there and back by your butler. Checkout: You are not forgotten here either. Our baggage was taken for us, the hotel director came to say goodbye, our car (Maybach again) was waiting for us, our bags loaded etc. End to end the service was perfect. We stayed for two nights and every aspect of the service, food, environment was about as good as I imagine you can get. What's more, I felt as though I was actually getting a good deal - sure it is expensive, but we've stayed in more expensive places and gotten far less in the way of luxury, service etc. The skylofts really make you feel special and I will be going back. I can think of only one fault (which I knew before going); unlike say, the Wynn suites, you don't get your own pool. The MGM general pools are quite large, but also quite busy and a long way from the skylofts. If they could add a pool nearby for the Skylofts then there would be no need to try any other suites again! If you get the chance, stay here!"

• Travel date: 14th July 2007

Extra Play?Place to stay

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Where do I start?Ill begin with the Maybach.We had just stayed 3 days in a Wynn suite and were impressed,but knew we had better things on the horizon.The car picked us up to take us to MGM.We both immediately stretched out for the short ride to the Skylofts.We were met curbside and took directly to the Skyloft to check in.Our Butler was waiting at the door when we turned the corner. He shows you around your suite and leaves you to lift your jaw off the floor in private, to save your dignity. We are hotelies and this blew me away.I mean,how snooty are you when you have to find something like where to sit to put on your cosmetics as a major drawback.Really people come on.Back to the review.The place is very roomy and stylish.You are teated like royalty the entire time you are there.We had a private party one evening and the Butlers and catering department never missed a single detail.The Butlers enter your residence around 5 times per day to refresh the loft and make sure you are in need of nothing.If you prefer your privacy there is a Privacy light by the door,but you should leave the light off as much as possible to take advantage of this ammenity as they drop off wonderful chocolates and drinks during the day and evening.The bathroom was my favorite part of the loft.There is a steam shower big enough for 4 people.If you are going to take a long shower I would suggest putting on the privacy light as the shower is all glass on one side.And visible from the stairs.The bathroom also has a huge soaking tub with Champagne bubbles which I used daily to relax.The lighting is incredible along with the Bang and Olufsen system that allows you to control everything from lighting to tv to music to drapes to climate.If you like your coffee, there is an espresso machine that makes a so so cup of coffee but the novelty of the machine is fun to use.No grinding,pressing and cleaning required for a quick shot.If there is a drawback it would be the MGM itself.Having to go through the hotel to get to the Skylofts is not the greatest experience.They need to come up with a separate entrance for Skyloft guests with private elevators.They have semi private elevator cars that access several floors along with Skylofts .I didnt get that at all.Even 2 Skyloft hosts from downstairs expressed their concerns about the "Football Team" in the elevator and decided to escort me up to my suite one evening.All in all the place is incedible.We loved it and will return.They are all so nice and go the extra mile to make sure you are comfortable.If you can- stay here and enjoy the mind blowing experience.Its much more than just a hotel."

• Travel date: 6th July 2007

Sungle most awesome hotel experience in my life

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"Maybach was incredible and you feel like a total VIP from start to finish. Skylofts private reception area and pennthouse lobby are striking. The rooms are huge and functional (as opposed to minimilist hip which I hate) with great views out of enormous windows. My only complaints were the butler couldn't figure out how to make a martini (not exactly a terrifying experience), the shower was good but not as insane as I was imagining and when the pre-arrival coordinator contacted me regarding what types of beverages I prefer to have on hand, I requested a carton of no-pulp Tropicana orange juice. The O.J. was provided and I was billed accordingly - well accordingly if you're the MGM - $48 plus 18% service charge - or $56.64. I expressed that I thought that was excessive and they did remove it from the bill."

• Travel date: 27th June 2007

Outstanding!

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"When planning our honeymoon for January 2007, we picked Las Vegas so we could spend a week having non stop fun. We also decided that we were going to pick a luxurious hotel and spare no expense! We chose the MGM Grand Skylofts and we were NOT disappointed. While they are pricey ($700 a night for the one bedroom in January), they are truly superior in service, room features and technology! So in following the format of some other reviewers, here is the breakdown of our trip. Reservations were made on the website. Initially, we choose the Terrace Suites in the regular portion of MGM Grand. They were a little more expensive ($1000/night) but we liked the hot tub on the outdoor terrace. We ended up changing the room to the Skylofts but it was only available for a portion of the trip.We were fine with that and the hotel noted that we would change rooms and it would be a seamless transfer for us. The person on the phone was very helpful. Transportation with the skyloft rooms was provided with airport pick up in a Maybach. The car was there on time and the only difficulty was that we arrived mid day on a Sunday, which was extremely busy. We had a hard time finding our chauffer and getting our luggage in all the crowds but this was not a problem with MGM Grand. The chauffer was really nice and the car was awesome. Check in was fantastic. We had a concierge waiting for us in the drop off area outside, who escorted us in and checked us into our room right away. There is a private check in for the skylofts and it was very smooth. We got a corner suite, which had a fantastic view. The room was outstanding. It was very modern, with artistic decor and lots of lights from the floor to ceiling windows. The butler brought fresh fruit everyday (which I loved) and a special dessert every night. The bathroom was awesome and the tub fantastic. Its a HUGE tub and I had a hard time sitting in it, since I am only 5'2". The steam shower was the best feature of the room, we used it every day. The dry air in Vegas can really dry up your sinuses so the steam was really nice. The technology in the room was top notch. There was a camera on the door that showed you a video feed of the area outside your door. The music, tv, lights and curtains were all controlled by a universal remote (there were two in our suite). There was a tv in the mirror in the bathroom! Service was exceptional, almost like royalty. When we exited our room, the concierge staff stood up. The people in the hallways, moved aside to let you pass. The turn down service was always on time and perfect. Our room was clean every day, on time and always excellent. We saw one show a night and the concierge desk booked them all but one show. They do get you the best seats, which cant even be booked via the hotel website. We also ended up staying in the Skylofts the entire time and not moving to the Terrace Suites. They concierge made some changes and worked it out so we could stay. Check out was smooth, the only delay was a couple in front of us who had some major adjustments to their bill from all the gambling. It took a long time and two people on staff to get it figured out. When they checked us out, it was fast and simple and they did comp our room for our gambling. Overall, this facility was wonderful. It was pricey but it was worth it. If you are looking for a place with top notch service and excellent room decor and technology then this is the place for you."

• Travel date: 19th June 2007

Just a hotel...

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"In layman’s terms, the SKYLOFTS is just a hotel. Truth be told, for a place that cost more a night than what some people make in a month, everything from the beginning to the end should be close, if not absolutely perfect. The Transportation. Our party arrived at two separate times with the second half choosing to take the complimentary Maybach ride from the airport to the hotel. Concierge had instructed us to make our way to baggage claim and our chauffer would have a sign with our names. Upon our arrival at the designated area, there was no chauffer and no car waiting. 10 minutes passed and we decided to contact the hotel to inquire if we were in the right area. They confirmed we were and they had also confirmed that their driver was there. Another 10 minutes passed with zero signs of life. In a last attempt to find the driver, we contact concierge again and told them that if the car had not been dispatched yet, we would save them a trip and take a taxi to the hotel instead. A little frantic, concierge asked that we give them a few more minutes as they tried to contact the driver. They had also given the driver our cell phone to help the situation. Another 5 minutes passed before we received the call from the driver. His excuse: It only takes me 4 minutes to get from the hotel to the airport. You do the math. He didn’t help us with our luggage or even open the car door for us. Upon arrival at the hotel, he basically told us to get out and that was it. If you hate your job that much then by all means, you really need to find one that doesn’t require dealing with people. We advised concierge of the situation and they basically brushed it off. No apologies and no attempts to make the situation a bit better. The Check-In. Let’s just say this wasn’t a good start. Upon arrival, the SKYLOFTS check-in lounge was closed and someone had to be dispatched to fetch us in the lobby. We finally reached our room 60 minutes after our initial search for our driver. On a side note, there is definitely something faulty about the elevators at the MGM. Sometimes it gets stuck, sometimes it makes funny “wire is about to snap” noises, and sometimes the buttons just don’t work. If you’ve stayed there recently, you’ll know what I mean. The Room. All the above put aside, the 2 bedroom suite we got was spectacular in size: two stories, flat screen TVs in every room, and bathrooms that are larger than some houses. As one of the AMEX amenities we received, we had In-Loft breakfasts served in the dining room every morning. This was actually very nice. We ordered our choices the night before and specified the time we wanted it ready in the dining room. When we went down every morning, everything was laid out beautifully. Ah yes, I almost forgot...SKYLOFTS also boasts about their personalized stationary and business cards. Upon arrival, we found (what I am assuming to be) the previous tenant’s name on the stationary. Way to go SKYLOFTS. The Technology. The technology in the room was … interesting. While reading up on the SKYLOFTS, they boast considerably about their all-in-one controls and touch screen everything. OK, I would have to say that I am very much in touch with the technological world, but I could not for the life of me figure out how to switch off the correct lights. Actually, I don’t think the SKYLOFT employees know how to work the controls either because one morning, very close to breakfast time, ALL the lights suddenly went on. I’m thinking the butler had turned on the lights to set up breakfast, but inadvertently switched on everything. Anyway, for an actual look in the rooms, see picture. The Check-Out. As with our arrival, our party checked out at two separate times. The first half (my half) chose again to take SKYLOFTS’ complimentary Maybach to the airport. This time, we had a woman driver who was wonderful. She was both courteous and helpful. The Aftermath. Just when we thought everything that started out terrible would end on a positive note, we went over the final invoice total and guess what? The In-Loft Complementary Breakfasts they listed out in the original amenities were added in and charged. Good grief! Anyway, after bringing it to their attention, they credited back the amount for the breakfasts. Would You Go Again? If you feel an incredible urge to splurge on a room, hell, it’s worth a try. You might get lucky and experience perfection. Personally though, no. I think I would rather take the money we spent on the rooms and try my luck at the table. At least there might be a slight chance of a return. Score: 3 out of 5"

• Travel date: 10th June 2007

MGM Grand

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"We have stayed at a ton of top notch hotels in the country/world. We are both in our 30's so we were looking for a Vegas weekend with some of the luxuries of a top resort. Skylofts is simply amazing. We had to stay at the Bellagio for the first night since they were booked 7+ months in advance, but luckily we got our last 2 nights here. The Maybach 62 picks you up and is mind blowing. A 400,000 dollar car picking you up from the airport !!!! We were given 2 bottles of voss and told how to recline our back seats fully in the Maybach. Our driver told us multiple times that Skylofts will be great. We were greeted at the MGM by a bellboy and the Skylofts coordinator. She walked us directly to the Skylofts VIP entrance past about 500 people checking in. We were whisked up to the our skylofts entrance and almost fainted from excitement. Room: You are greeted by a White Glove Butler, yes white gloved butler ! What can I say about a 1 bedroom that is on 2 floors! The technology is over the top. Bang and Olufsen. My estimate is the price tag alone on your TV's, B&O stereo's, full remote for everyting including drapes has to be close to 100K. Our living room and dining room could have fit a party of 20 if we needed to. It comes with a full office as well - Printer, fax, laptop(if you need one), free wi-fi. Upstairs is another story. Your bedroom has glass that you can look down to the living room. The bed is perfect and please do use the Butler for the "pillow" selection. I've never seen my wife sleep so well in my life (buckwheat professional pillow!!!) The bathroom is enormous with the infinity flowing tub and steam shower. The shower is as big as 4 showers combined with 7 jets. **** Key Note - The butler puts away your clothes and steams 5 articles of clothing a day. I've never had that service and best of all its complimentary (Please do this) Service: From the Butler Service, private concierge (yes we don't use the MGM hotel one), and whole staff. 5 star ratings from us. Quick story: I had 2 documents that needed to be faxed to a client. I called the front desk and they started walking me through the steps. They said forget that, e-mail us the documents we will print and fax them to your client. Enjoy your stay! Are you kidding me? This type of service is why they go the recent awards they did. Overall: If you have the money and want to do Vegas the right way - Skylofts is the way to go. I could write 5 more pages, but don't think its necessary. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!"

• Travel date: 28th May 2007

all I can say is Wow

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"This part of the MGM was absolutely awesome. Though it may be pricey if you have the bucks go for it."

• Travel date: 18th March 2007

Hotels near Skylofts at MGM Grand

Skylofts at MGM Grand is also called

• skylofts at mgm grand hotel