About Signature at MGM Grand

• hot tub
  • heated pool
  • adult pool

Good

Nice rooms. Watch the extra charges

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"My husband and I recently spent 5 days at The Signature Hotel. We've been to Vegas several times and really wanted to splash out and treat ourselves to one of the new all-suite hotels as it was a special celebratory trip.

The good things first -- it is a lovely hotel. The rooms (even the standard ones) are very spacious and bright. The bed linens and duvet are luxurious. The bathroom is large enough to be a room in other hotels! All designed to a high standard.

But I must point out some of the downsides of the property -- just so you know what to expect:

1. There is an additional $15/day "resort" charge. This is for use of the fitness center, daily newspaper (Las Vegas local paper, not one of your choice), wi-fi, and 2 (small) bottles of water a day. I know it's only $15 and it may sound petty, but when you're already paying a lot for a room, tacking on $15 for things that should be included leaves a bit of an unpleasant feeling. Unless you're going to use the fitness center, it's not worth it. Just reject the charge WHEN YOU CHECK-IN.

2. The service of the hotel is still struggling. All of the staff are very friendly, but they don't have their systems down yet. For example, unlike other Vegas hotels, you will have to ring ahead for a taxi and it can take anywhere from 5-20 minutes for one to arrive. A lot of taxi drivers don't seem to know where the hotel is. Also, the bellhops don't seem to communicate with the doormen so you will see taxis drop off and get sent away empty and have to rush out to complain that you've been waiting for one. We also had to chase down laundry that was sent in and dispute an extra charge for "fast turnaround" b/c it was delivered 24 hours later than requested.

3. There is no minibar in the room. There is a fridge, but ours was broken.

4. If you reject the $15 charge and want to buy water, be aware taht the gift shop seems to be closed most of the time. You're best buying water at another hotel or shop.

5. If you want to use the internet, take your own laptop. The business center charges $1/minute.

Having said all of this, I want to stress again that it is a lovely hotel. They just have a lot of niggles to work out for it to be run as efficiently as other Vegas hotels are. And they will try to charge you as much as they can possibly get away with!"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of September 2006

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!!!

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights from 23rd August with our wedding being on the 24th August, we wish we had stayed longer.

We had a Jnr suite which to be honest the website doesnt do it justice. On the web the room looks smaller that it actually was.

Our room was on the 34th floor as we were asked if we wanted a higher or lower floor upon chcking in. Views were great from the balcony.

Facilities in the room are brilliant - cant fault the room at all.

We used the gym whilst there which was very impressive for a hotel. Also the pool area was very nice and peaceful Only caters for 90 odd people however, so dont know how busy it is during peak periods. Also when tower 2 & 3 are built not sure if they willl have there own pool areas. Cabanas were $50 per day.

Some reviews have mentioned the long walk/ride link to the MGM - RUBBISH!!! - its 3 mins. No problems at all.

Starbucks was open when we were there and was not very busy.

Have to agree with comments about the bar - $20 for two Jack and cokes - robbery!!!

The only downside to this fantastic hotel would be our breakfast room service. We woke up early on our wedding day and ordered room service - 2 muffins and coffee - $30 + and the muffins were the smallest weve ever seen 1inch and a half no kidding.

Overall however we would recommend this hotel to anyone who would listen - we are definatley staying here on our next visit to Vegas."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of September 2006

great place to relax

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"we were really impressed with the signature. the rooms were very comfortable - we had to drag ourselves out!

the pool was lovely and private - busy on the weekend, but otherwise very restful and relaxing.

negatives are the 15 dollar daily charge - it may not seem that much, but to this day, i still don't know what it was for!

also, there is still a lot of building work going on outside the hotel which starts at 5am....."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of September 2006

Fabulous stay at the Signature

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"I stayed in the 1 bedroom suite, room 14620 for 2 nights and loved every minute of it. This is a corner room, so the bedroom has windows on both exterior walls. I don't even know where to begin, so I'll start with my favorite amenities. The balcony - about 7 x 3 feet, is unfurnished, but there are 2 chairs in the room that fit perfectly on the balcony. At night, it's the perfect place to unwind and soak in the warm desert evenings. The master bathroom - larger than my second bedroom, this room has 2 vanities, a seperate toilet area, a glass shower, and a HUGE jacuzzi that easily fits 2 large or tall people. All of the lights are on dimmers and there's a small TV in the bathroom. There are 2 additional large flat screen TVs in the suite, one in the living room that is set in a beautiful built-in wall unit with closet and drawer storage, and another that rises from the desk in the bedroom. TOO COOL! The bed is dangerous - I woke up in the same exact position I fell asleep in and overslept 3 hours! You hear absolutely nothing when you are in the room. Since these properties are condos, the furnishings and fixtures are all high quality and include things like dental crown molding, spa quality toiletries (June Jacobs), subzero frig and plush carpeting. To sum it up, this is THE place to be if you are looking for a sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle but still on the strip."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of August 2006

the best

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"The Signature at the MGM is probably the best hotel I have stayed at. The service is amazing, the staff go out of their way to help. I really liked the non-smoking , non-casino lobby. All the other hotels we walked through had smokey casinos in the lobby. The hotel is attached by enclosed moving sidewalk to the MGM Grand, where you could use all of their facilities. My teenagers loved the lazy river pool, (so did my husband and I). The hotel rooms are all suites and the decor is fabulous, very upscale. This hotel certainly exceeded our expectations. After touring through some of the other hotels on the strip we decided that although some of the other hotels were more glamorous from the outside the Signature was by far the best hotel to stay at.
There are only good things to say about this hotel, I highly recommend it."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of August 2006

Read the review titled "identity crisis" below this and then read this review

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"We just returned from the Singature on Tuesday. We stayed there Monday and Sunday night. While we were not subjected to hordes of drunken 22 year olds or the squeals of families of kids, I can easily see how this could occurr. We had a family next door to our room in the suite and it gave my wife and I pause -- if we can hear them then they can hear us, all you lovebirds out there catch my drift? Don't get me wrong, we got over this concern in about 5 minutes, because Vegas is a town for adults so it was their problem - not ours. Truth be told, we really didn't see or hear from these people after seeing them check into their room. But I agree with "identity crisis" review -- they REALLY should not put families and couples in rooms next door to each other.

A DIGRESSION ABOUT FAMILIES WHO BRING KIDS TO VEGAS: Kids are fine and all, but the reality is that my wife and I do not go to Vegas to be around kids, period. We don't want to see them there and I can't stand when families bring their kids there. People, get the hint. The "family-friendly Vegas" experiment is OVER. It didn't work. Why? Because it was scaring away the grown ups. Parents, get the hint: Vegas does not want you there with your kids. There's a ton of other places for children in the Southwestern United States. Go there. Please. And yes, if you were in Vegas last week with your kids and saw some guy giving you a dirty look, that was me.

One more thing, the big difference in our experience from "Identity Crisis" maybe was because was that we were there on a Sunday and Monday in the dead of August (which is exactly when we go to Vegas -- we live in SoCal so we just got in the car and go). If we were there on a Friday or Saturday, I can easily see how our experiences may have been similar.

The details:

ROOM - Our room was impeccable -- the pictures on this site do not lie. Clean, comforable, well-designed. EXCELLENT bathub. Nice touches like the iHome next to the bed for the iPod and a blender in the kitchen area (the blender motivated me to drive a couple blocks off strip and got the fixings for pina coladas!).

STAFF - Friendly and helpful. The few times we needed our car we'd call down for it -- tell them when we'd be downstairs and it was there waiting for us every time. Also, they quickly brought things up to our room that we needed. My wife needed a lint roller for her dress at 11pm on a Sunday night before going out to a late night event, someone showed up with it in under 10 minutes. When does THAT happen at a Vegas hotel, I'll tell you when -- never. You'd be waiting a solid 45 minutes, even at the Bellagio or THEHotel. Housekeeping did a great job. So no complaints there.

WHERE DO YOU GET A BOTTLE OF ADVIL?- Need some over the coutner medicine that the Signature staff does not have on hand by request?. Time to put on your sneakers. Yes! That's right, you get to walk through the entire MGM Casino -- all the way to the front of the hotel to retrieve what you need. Like the review below, we never had any clue when the Signature Gift Shop was open. Although this is a minor complaint , it speaks to something larger. Keep the following mind before staying there:

The Signature is only the first completed tower in what will be a six tower project (maybe more?). They are selling every room in the place as condos, some of which will be rented out as hotels by the MGM -- some of which the oweners will keep for themselves. So when staying here, realize that you are staying at a place designed as a residence this means that while you have a nice cusinart blender in the room, you may not be able to access a 24 gift shop in the lobby that will have a bottle of Advil when needed.

BOTTOM LINE: Signature was great. We got a ridiculously great deal on our room (again Sunday and Monday, dead of August). So for the price we got waaay more than our money's worth. I would definitely consider it again, but it would depend on what we were looking for. Its got newness, no smokey casino vibe, and cleanliness going for it. THEHotel is great for that too but the rooms there are great but already feeling like they're taking a beating -- the Signature has a fresh out of the box feel.

Would we stay there again? Sure. It would just depend on our mood. We go to Vegas once a year (at least) so we like trying new places. If this is your only Vegas vacation for a long time keep in mind that you will not have the "Vegas" experience. If you want an upscale experience that still has the Vegas-Vibe go to the Bellagio, Wynn or Venetian. THEHotel is good too. For us, the Signature is defeinitely on our list of Vegas hotels, and now that we know what to expect we can adapt accordingly: We'll remember to bring Advil and request that families with young children be kept at least 500 feet away from us at all times."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of August 2006

Identity Crisis...

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Just returned from a weekend stay at The Signature. We both walked away feeling we MIGHT stay again, doing a few things differently and/or making a few more specific requests. Some highlights & lowlights to consider when planning your trip:

The staff, as others have noted, are indeed friendly. But I'm not sure why, as travelers, we've come to receive this as a 'perk'...? Aren't they supposed to be friendly?? Regardless, it is welcome. Housekeeping did a wonderful job of servicing our room on Saturday. After said service, however, they left our room door 'propped' open. We don't know how long our room remained open as we only found it that way upon our return in the afternoon. Honest mistake, no doubt...but a scary one.

The rooms themselves present exactly as the photos online. The layout of room location, however, is not the most desirable. Two rooms share an added, lockable, double-door entry. Your 'own' room door then sits diagonally, or kitty-cornered, towards the neighbors' door. Unless you know the folks next to you, you feel a bit like you're camping out. Rather than creating the added peace/privacy I believe they intended, it creates added opportunity for an extra door slam or the feeling of 'I don't want to close this extra doorway if I don't know what these other folks want'.

Yes, the resort IS family friendly. Which is GREAT if you're bringing the kids along. For us, a couple seeking a romantic getaway-weekend...the design described above and subsequent room assignments made by hotel staff presented, ummm...challenges. They placed us in one half of the layout, and then a family with two young children in the Jr. Suite next to ours. This meant the echo of squealing little voices and door slams at various hours in our shared foyer, not to mention what we enjoyed on the other side of our 'private' balcony: chairs to the dining set pulled out, fire trucks, pull toys, and sidewalk chalk/art (I kid you not). LOL Perfectly natural for the kids; poor planning by hotel staff.

It also seems that word has 'gotten out' about The Signature. While after reading these reviews we expected somewhat of a haven, the shared rooms across the hall from us were packed w/ I don't know how many 'young people' who at 1 am ran up and down the halls screaming, at 5 am locked one of their 'buddies' out (who then banged and banged on the double doors screaming 'Open up!'). At 6 am he was back with a gal pal, sitting in the hall, drinking beer and arguing. At this point we phoned the front desk, to which we were told 'Well, they've lost their room key'. Okay...but why are they visiting that upon me? And how did they get IN the resort without a key?? Long story short, we several times saw young, college aged kids 'piggy backing' when Signature guests would use their key to return from the MGM...so it's not as private as they would have you believe. Our suspicion is that a few rent a couple of double rooms, and then let all of their buddies in through the casino at MGM to shack up for the night. Not good. They'll have to get a handle on that somehow.

The walkway to MGM is clean and very well cooled. But as one person has noted, you have to go to MGM for most everything. We never could get a grasp on when the Gift Shop was open. Pretty much when they felt like it, it would seem. We also discovered you MUST walk through MGM to leave. We wanted to walk out the back way--down the sidewalk, and past the gatehouse--and were told we couldn't. They may 'someday' build another walkway to the Convention Center, but right now you have to walk through the MGM. Okay...I'm in Kindergarten again. And how convenient for MGM that you have to walk through their casino to leave The Signature for a pack of gum. LOL

We stopped at the lounge in the Signature. A Bud Light and a glass of Chardonnay: $23. Before tip. Okay...according to your own 'security' measures, the only way I'm in this lounge is I'm either A) an owner or B) a guest at your resort. Do you really feel the need to gouge me so?? It did become clear, though, as to why the lounge was empty 95% of the time when we passed.

Finally, per the advise on this site, we were certain to ask the concierge to phone for a cab to the airport. We then retrieved our bags from our room and checked out. Still, a half an hour and two inquiries later, we STILL had no car. Frustrating, to say the least, especially on the heels of the new airport security.

Having said all of this, it probably sounds as though we hated The Signature. We did not. We simply feel they're not really sure who or what they want to be: Do you want to appeal to the twenty-three bucks for a beer and a wine crowd, or do you want to appeal to the twenty-three and beer chugging in the hall crowd? Do you want romantic appeal, or the Camp Chipmunk Fireside Campout? Both are fine, even great...but not stacked up on each other. It makes neither party comfortable. Between the families and the twenty-something party crowd, it seems that as time goes on, couples may get lost in the shuffle at the Signature. Perhaps a floor or two for couples-only reservations...?

Of note: the beds are extremely comfortable, the bathroom layouts are great and feature superb linens, and the fitness center is top notch.

We would certainly consider another stay at The Signature, but we would rent a car to avoid check out blunders, and more importantly, reserve a 1 Bedroom Suite for added privacy/peace. And at this point in time, we're probably more likely to plan a stay here when we have The Teenager along."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of August 2006

Beware that The Signature does NOT cooperate with the MGM-Mirage Players Club!

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"My wife, teenage son and I recently stayed at The Signature at MGM Grand while attending a business convention combined with a family vacation. We have all been to Vegas many times, having stayed at The Bellagio, The Hotel at Mandalay Bay, The Venetian, The Mirage, and the Aladdin. We booked The Signature directly through the MGM website, and chose The Signature because it was new and offered rooms that looked more appealing than those at the MGM Grand. In all fairness to the hotel, our Junior Suite was well appointed and very beautiful with quality construction. The bathroom was especially beautiful with a nice Jacuzzi tub and glass-enclosed shower and separate water closet. Unfortunately the water pressure in the shower was very poor. Would have been nice to have a rainfall showerhead for this type of accomodation. Nice top quality small appliances in the kitchenette area. We had a small balcony with a view of the back of the Aladdin hotel, but was certainly NOT a strip view, since this property is several blocks behind the strip. The construction of towers 2 and 3 did not bother us in our room. Housekeeping kept our room very clean every day. The pool area is attractive but small, and there are nice lounges, some umbrellas and open cabanas, but not very much shade. Upon our arrival around 10:00 p.m. there was no one to help us with our bags, and upon check-in, no one offered to show us around, unlike for other reviewers. But here is what completely ruined our trip at The Signature at MGM Grand: my wife and I played video poker and slot machines for several hours each day during our trip. We signed up with the MGM-Mirage Players Club (slot club) at the beginning of our trip, and neither the Players Club NOR The Signature told us that you will NOT get comped for anything that is charged to The Signature on your room card. When we went to the Players Club at the end of our trip to ask if any of our meals at the MGM Grand would be comped for the points we earned, we were told that the Players Club does NOT cooperate with The Signature, even though we booked The Signature directly through the MGM Grand website! Our friends who stayed at the MGM Grand and who had 1,000 less points than us were comped for meals and also got cash back, but we were not eliglible for any comps because we stayed at The Signature. My wife and I felt that both The Signature and the Players Club should have told us BEFORE we signed up for the Players Club that his was the case, because we would have stayed at the MGM Grand instead of The Signature had we known this ahead of time. Both The Signature and The Players Club should have disclaimers posted to this effect. There was nothing in the literature handed out by the MGM-Mirage Players Club that stated this policy, and we told the Players Club when we signed up for our cards that we were staying at The Signature! The MGM Grand website should also state something about this policy, as we are sure that there must be other irate guests running into this same problem with no foreknowledge of this ahead of time. This whole incident at the end of our week's stay left a bad taste in our mouths, and we will never again stay at The Signature "at MGM Grand." We definitely feel that we were victims of false and misleading advertising, since neither The Signature, the MGM Grand website, nor the MGM-Mirage Players Club informed us of this policy ahead of time. Most people who visit Las Vegas gamble some during their stay, and we read many favorable reviews of The Signature on the Trip Advisor website, so unless they change their current policy of no cooperation between the Players Club and The Signature, we say travelers beware! When we spoke to the management at The Signature about this at check-out, they told us that they are privately owned and not directly affiliated with the MGM Grand, but we told them this was misleading because we booked The Signature on the MGM Grand website-wouldn't the average person assume this meant the two properties were affiliated somehow? Why do they call this place The Signature "at MGM Grand" if there is not an affiliation between the two properties? And why did all of the restaurants and gift shops at the MGM Grand let us put our charges on our The Signature room card if the two properties are not affiliated? Why were we allowed to use the pool and all facilities at the MGM Grand if there was no relationship between the two properties? We hope that some day The Signature will resolve this problem and that both The Signature and The Players Club will post a disclaimer to this effect so customers will know ahead of time of their policy of non-cooperation. As for us, we will never again stay at The Signature "at MGM Grand."
-Disappointed travelers from North Carolina
August 2006"

• Travel date: Sat 12th of August 2006

Signature lives up to its name

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"The Signature epitomizes understated elegance. The lobby is discrete, with exceptional touches such as tastefully arranged bouquets of fresh roses lining (at nose level mind you) the front desk. Attendants are just that... no wondering if a door will be opened for you, no expectations of tips at each and every turn.
We were given upon request a non smoking corner room on the 28th floor. These are optimum since out of the master you have a view of the airport and south strip from one window and a stunning view of the central strip from the other. The same central view strip view from the living room balcony. Beware, the balcony is small and not for the faint of heart or knees. The room is just what you've seen on other photos... replete in black granite, crown moulding, honed marble, sculptured carpeting, subzero fridge, miele cooktop and oven, bosch dishwasher. This however is not a kitchen for preparing elaborate meals. Service was impeccable except for one day of confusion over whether we had our do not disturb indicator on which housekeeping took to mean we didn't want our room serviced for the entire day. Once straightened out, workers were apologetic and prompt. Leaving loads of toiletries, of which, my wife says the body lotion is splendid. So is the bathroom, the shower sufficient pressure, the jetted tub accomodates a six foot plus frame. Lighting is flattering, although cumbersome since it is controlled by a switch outside of the bathroom. Which means you have to walk across the room ( 12- 15 feet) to make any adjustments. The gym is well equipped, but has a few serious misses- no refrigerated water, room temperature bottled water only, designated restroom for the gym is the lobby restroom so, if in the middle of your workout you need to go... you need to leave the gym and be on view for everyone in the lobby to see you sweating head to toe, there is no direct access to the pool or jacuzzi from the gym.
The private pool is a thoughtful idea but poorly executed. There are home pools this size and much deeper. Seating and lounge chairs are ample. Cabanas sit understandably empty. They are no more than upgraded Costco fixtures, no fans, no misters, no A/C and no tv or piped in music. Seating is no different than what is for free poolside. Cabanas rent for $50 (a steal by Las Vegas standards) and come with a fruit plate and count them... two bottles of water. As meager as it sounds it is a respite from the overcrowded and under-filtered "Lazy River" pool at the MGM Grand which Signature guests can also access. Back to the Signature, the location is excellent, you clearly feel removed from the strip while having quick access to the action. It was wonderful to simply walk out of a quiet building, take the moving sidewalk over to the MGM Grand ( five minute walk) for an evening of entertainment or dining. It was especially convenient for our teenage son who went multiple times to the MGM arcade ( a 7.5/10 rating from him on the arcade). As for dining, we have one warning... DO NOT eat at the Rainforest Cafe. Second tier theme parks serve better food and offer better service. My attempt to complain to the manager was greeted with "what do you want to speak with him about?" I was then put on hold/ignore.
The concierge at the Signature was extremely helpful in giving directions, advice for getting around town. We did not use the concierge to book our tickets to KA. ( a very good albeit very pricey show). The spaciousness of the rooms offer excellent privacy from. Plasma TV rising out of desk is a fun novelty. Our teenager loved having his own 42inch plasma in front of his pullout. Internet service worked efficiently with no problems. Purchase cookie dough from local grocery store to bake fresh cookies like a pro in your convection oven. There is no gaming in the Signature itself so that is a plus... as are the substantial gates for arriving and departing. In all, this was a splendid experience."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of August 2006

Fantastic new hotel in Vegas

Reviewed Mon 12th of November 2012

"Stayed at the MGM signature for 6 nights, Junior suite booked via Expedia.

In a nutshell you will not be dissappointed with this hotel, it is brilliant. Everything is brand new, the staff are very friendly and the service is excellent.

The suite we stayed in was 100% as it looks on the web - luxury all the way.

We were their on our honeymoon and after checking in (don't bother asking for an upgrade here-the suites are privately owned timeshares) we went for a swim. On our return our room was filled with flowers and chocolates, with a hand written note from the hotel manager offering their congratulations. This was a classy touch.

Other things
1 - It takes no more than 3 minutes to get from signature to MGM Grand (private entrance/exit near MGM pool complex.)
2 - Starbucks is 100% open
3 - Pool is small, but you are 3 mins away from the MGM pool complex, which I think is one of the best in Vegas (except on a busy weekend when it seems to be full of idiots drinking and leaving beer cans everywhere for kids to fall over!)
4 - So what if it doesn't have its own casino. You're missing the point if this is an issue. 10 minutes walk and you can be in numerous casinos or on ther monorail to even more.
5 - $15 (plus tax) per day resort fee is a bit cheeky if you ask me-who wants to use a fitness centre in vegas?
6 - Building noise is there, but is minimal. The pace of building seems very slow - in the week I was there they managed to complete around 10 meters of path and plant a cactus.
7 - It makes a refreshing change that the whole place is non-smoking.
8 - The hotel lounge is a great place to grab a drink before heading out to party.

I think that's about it - to say again, I can't recommend this hotel enough.

If I had the choice I would stay here again at the drop of a hat. It is fairly expensive but you get a lot for your money. When it's finished I can imagine it will be very very popular.

Give it a go"