About Park MGM Las Vegas

• smoking rooms available
  • paid wifi
  • baggage storage
  • breakfast in the room
  • express check in check out
  • coffee shop amenities
  • atm on site
  • chinese amenities
  • allergy free room
  • japanese amenities
  • paid public parking on site
  • korean amenities
  • casino
  • valet parking amenities
  • vietnamese amenities

Good

The Monte Carlo Hotel is located in the...

Reviewed Sun 12th of November 2006

"The Monte Carlo Hotel is located in the middle of the strip. Most of the hotels you will want to visit are within walking distance from the hotel.

We had a standard room which had two queen size beds the room was quite big and clean, but the bathroom was very small which was disappointing.

The hotel is nice but nothing special, it has a good buffet, which we visited. There are also some other restaurants which we didn't go to. Overall it is a good hotel for the price, but if you are going make sure you get a room on the right hand wing of the hotel. We had a room on the left which has a great view of the strip - but they have just pulled down a casino next door to the Monte Carlo (left hand side) so it is a massive building site, which they were working on late into the night. The double glazing didn't seem to be working to well in our room so if you are a light sleeper then it's probably going to keep you awake.

One other thing is the way the hotel has been built it blocks the sun from the swimming pool at the back the whole morning and late on in the afternoon as well, so it can be a bit chilly if you’re swimming.

Overall it is a good hotel if you are just using it as a base to visit the city. It is clean and not to expensive.

• Travel date: Sun 12th of November 2006

My husband and two friends booked this t...

Reviewed Sun 8th of January 2006

"My husband and two friends booked this trip to Vegas in January of 2005. We chose the Monte Carlo due to price and also the spot it had on the strip.

When we arrived we were in awe of the lights (it was night) and the size of everything, very quick taxi ride brought us to the hotel and wow it was stunning, the reception area was enormous and staff were exceptionally helpful and polite. Check in was a breeze and we were upgraded to a suite overlooking the strip FAB our own marble bar area, Jacuzzi tub set in front of the large window overlooking the strip, and also an enormous bathroom with a steam room... All really fab but we were not in Vegas to stay in our room.

We only had 3 days here but my god I think we managed to do a fair bit, so all the big hotels on the strip and did loads of shopping. one big tip wear comfy shoes or trainers your gonna need em.

Anyway I highly recommend the Monte Carlo. We have just booked to go back in may 07 and are staying this time at Caesars Palace...."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of January 2006

Loved the Monte Carlo: great location

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"Stayed here part of stay, stayed at Flamingo other part. Very nice room. Nice toiletries. Clean. Great location. Walk to CVS pharmacy, Denny's, other hotels. Nice pool but closed too early. Loved fact we didn't have to go thru Casino to get thru room, in fact picked it for this reason after reading Fodor's family section (having kids makes this difficult). Lovely to look at, just an upper class place. Paid $190 at highest weekend rate."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of August 2003

Blackstones was great!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Just arived home from the Monte Carlo. Stayed in room 3321 and it was very nice. It was great to get back to a laid back hotel at the end of the day. Blackstones had the best steak and lobster in Vegas. The attendants in the Casino were very nice. Don't complain about the shower john. It will flush anything. I would stay there again!"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2003

Reception Girl Completely RUDE!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"I have been to Vegas 4 times and the last time I went I stayed at 4 different hotels. So I have styed at over 7 hotels in Vegas and Monte Carlo would have to be the worst. It started with the girl at reception, who did not look at us once. She continued talking to the other receptionist and then an some guy who worked there said "hi" to the 2 girls and then they continued talking about him whilst we were checking in. She then said the rate we are paying and that it we be paid for at the end of our stay and I informed her that we had already paid and she totally was not listening at all, she was still giggling about the male staff member. Once in our rooms compared to other Vegas rooms, this seemed quite run-down and need of a refurbishment. The buffet was not good either! If you have a choice stay at another hotel.
Aladdin is great."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2003

July Vacation

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"My husband and i just returned from Vegas last week and enjoyed every minute of it. We stayed in room 31 312 and it was really nice. Out of all the hotels on the strip, I find this hotel to be the most relaxing.
It is so pleasant to walk in and smell the fresh flowers and to be greeted by the friendlist help. The buffet was good and we ate at the Blackstone Steakhouse and it was really nice. I find this hotel would be the one to stay at if you don't like all that tourism. I find the other hotels that have the malls and such are overly crowded with people that are not staying within the hotel and it makes it so unbearable to relax in. Monte Carlo is geared for those who just want to relax and have a nice time. I also enjoyed the brewery with their live bands."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of July 2003

$17 to use a Treadmill @ Monte Carlo

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"I would not reccomend the Monte Carlo Hotel in Las Vegas. I went to use the treadmill at the fitness facility and I was informed that the Monte Carlo charges $17 per day to use the facility. Ridiculous. The microbrewery bar/restaurant is lame. We had meals/drinks at the hotel facilities 3 times. In each case the food was good and the service was horribly slow. Even at the bar, the bartenders are more interested in chatting with each other than seeing if anyone needs a drink. Pool is way overcrowded. You have to get there before 10:00 A.M. to even get a spot within 100 yards of a pool."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of July 2003

Monte JOKE

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"It's a lot quieter than the other hotels on the strip. But it has it's problems! First of all, they shove Lance Burton's face in your face 24-7. The room toilets have fountains in them. LOL. Don't eat @ Dragon Noodle...the waitress we had was the rudest person in creation. She actually YELLED at us for not being ready to order. No one who works there can speak English. The Buffet is sickening. All of the hotel room furniture is chipping. OKAY, maybe I'm being picky but it wasn't that great. Save your money...go to Caesar's."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of July 2003

Not the best

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We have just arrived home from our holiday in Las Vegas. This was out second time and before we stayed at the Luxor. I have alot of bad things to say about this hotel. First the plumbing noise was absolutely horrible. every time someone in your floor went to the toilet or had a bath or shower you could hear it as if it was in coming from your bathroom. We had a creaky floorboard in our room and everytime you walked over it you would go down and inch, it was very dangerous. There was no cupboard in the standard rooms only a rail. The resturants are great and so was the Lance Burton magic show. I strongly reccomend you to go and see it. Also another great show was siegfreid and roy at the Mirage. When we checked in our rooms were not ready as we had asked fro joining rooms. They told us these would not be reday for another 4 hrs and we couldnt wait that long. We had to get rooms that wernt even close to each other. The worst thing of all was the staff. they were very impolite and rude and some would even ingore you and wouldnt bother with you. The staff were the worst in the Cafe and Buffet. As soon as they find out you are australian they get even worse cause they think australians dont tip. Well we are not going to tip good them if they give us poor service are we?

I think that the Monte Carlo is in a great location and you can walk to just about all the major hotels. If you dont like walking there is a bus that goes up and down the strip every 10 minutes and it stops right out the front of the Monte Carlo. It only costs $2 Adults and $1 per ride.

I will not be coming back to the Monte Carlo and if i come back to Vegas i will go somewhere with a better reputation."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2003

Great Location, but walls are very thin!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"I and a companion stayed here from 07/07/03 to 07/10/03 and overall we had a great time. We loved the location, just a short walk to many hotels and attractions. Would have been nice if the monorail to Bellagio was running, but we understood that it was being expanded.
Check-in was okay, we arrived a couple hours after check-in time and was told our room was not ready, after a four hour flight and being on a cramped plane you do not want to hear this! Would have been nice if we had been offered a meal while we were waiting. Usually we were so tired at night we heard little, but one night someone coughing in the room next door woke me and I was awake quite a while. we liked the pool though the girls that took drink orders were pretty slow due to no fault of their own, they seemed to be trying to accomondate too large of an area. The most helpful person at the hotel was a younger woman at the bell deak, I wish I had gotten her name, she provided very helpful information about the buses in Vegas and also gave us hints about traveling by taxi and she didn't even hold her hand out for a tip! One thing I really liked about the location were the drugstores, one next door and one across the street. these allowed the purchase of snacks, drinks and necessities at a fair price. I would stay here again because there are more pluses than minuses. I will add that I was not impressed with the casino itself, I did not win anything here and I thought you had to accumulate way too many points before even receiving the most meager comp."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of July 2003

A disappointment

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"My God, it's noisy. We travel a lot, and we're used to some level of noise in hotels...but the Monte Carlo beat them all. If you've got a room with a door to the adjoining room, even if both doors are shut, you can hear *details of your neighbours' conversations*. This just isn't good enough. We were uncomfortable using the television in case it disturbed the neighbours. Some friends were staying in the hotel at the same time as us, and they experienced a similar problem.It's an expensive hotel, and the service just doesn't match the price; nor do the room fittings. There's no wardrobe in standard rooms, just a rail. Baths are very shallow and short, and the bedsheets aren't actually large enough for the beds (did the hotel buy a job lot of queen-sized sheets by accident?)When we arrived, the room we had booked wasn't available; we were put in a room with two queens instead. We had to move our own bags to the king-sized room we'd booked when it came available the next day. No discount, and a very half-arsed apology.We stopped by the information desk to ask about local buses. The attendant said 'they go from the Strip' and wandered off. Yes, the pool's great (and the pool staff were delightful). Occasional members of staff, especially those in the spa, were very helpful, but others were catastrophically useless...like the chambermaid who refused to make up our bed because we'd left a bottle of perfume, a book and a pair of glasses on it. When we got back to the room at three in the afternoon she was in there throwing up her hands with the floor manager, who told us sharply not to leave stuff on the bed. I repeat: a bottle of perfume, a book and a pair of glasses. The casino's fun, and the restaurants are decent; Andre's is excellent. If only casino/hotel owners would realise that the standard of their rooms is as important as that of their casino and other entertainment facilities. Next time we're staying at the Mandalay Bay."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of July 2003

Nice Jacuzzi suite....terrible casino

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"My wife's family is from Las Vegas. We travel there once a year and stay at a different hotel each time. She grew up there and had been to every casino but the Monte Carlo, soooooo we gave it a whirl. The Jacuzzi suite was very nice, however, the casino was a different story.
The roulette dealers would spin the ball before you completed all bets..........hurrying you along. If you like roulette the Rio is more accomodating. We didnt meet a single friendly employee in the casino.
Unlike the Rio the employees were not talkative or concerned about your needs. The buffet is tiny and once again the restaurant employees were unfriendly.We stayed downstairs for about an hour before walking down the street to the New York New York. The Monte Carlo casino is like being an inmate in a prison. The most unfriendly casino I have ever been to."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of June 2003