Never coming back here

Reviewed Wed 19th of October 2016

"We came to Begas for a conference and had stayed at the Luxor Hotel and Casino cause it was close to our conference. We had multiple problems but the one that bugged me the most was when we went to the pool and we were picked out of the portion of the pool we were sitting in because we did not pay $10 to sit at it. We had been sitting at that spot all day before we were asked to move to the "free" pool because we didn't have our wrist bands. The guy who came over at told us to move was very rude and when we sat down at that spot there was no sign up at the time. The whole experience at the Luxor Hotel and Casino was disappointing from the food to the pool experience. Next time we will just stay at Mandalay Bay or Caesars Palace. Super bummed with our trip and I can't wait to go home. "

• Travel date: Tue 18th of October 2016

BEWARE - Room Robbery's happen in the Luxor!!!!

Reviewed Thu 13th of June 2013

"Rather than write a review, this is copied and pasted from an e-mail I have sent to Ellen DeGeneres - the talk show host - to try and make people aware of what is going in in Hotels in Las Vegas... none more so than the Luxor Hotel.

Hi Ellen.

My name is Paul and I am from Liverpool, England (UK). Not sure if this would interest you, but recently I got back from the worst vacation of my life in what was supposed to be the dream vacation in Las Vegas. Last night I did a Skype Video call with Channel 13 KTNV news reporter Victoria Spilabotte to explain to her just what happened on my visit - and it has deeply disturbed me to learn what happened to me is a common problem in Las Vegas and hotel security are very dismissive of the problem. Currently, hotel guest who travel from all over the world to have a dream vacation in Las Vegas - are subject of a crime called 'Door Pushing'. Basically, criminals enter hotels and go round pushing doors checking for those that have not closed properly or have not locked - they then enter the rooms of those that they can enter and rob items, money and belongings of the residents of the room. Myself and my friend Eddie were unfortunate enough to be victims of this crime on 3rd of June while we slept! Let me tell you, it is pretty scary to wake up and find your belongings are gone, and a complete stranger has been in your room while you sleep! The shock was so bad, I collapsed when reporting the incident/theft to the hotel security at the Luxor Hotel where we were staying for the week. This was not the end of the matter, and things only got worse... thanks to the Luxor and the mishandling of the situation.
So... I passed out with the shock, and the Luxor security staff called for an ambulance.... I was taken to Sun Valley Hospital and spent the whole day on a drip and released when my heart rate returned to a near normal rate. On return to the Luxor Hotel, myself and my traumatised friend Eddie went straight to the Security desk to continue to report the room robbery. A Luxor Security Officer said he would escort us to our room and check it out.... on the way to the room, he proceeded to tell us, he would help us look for the items that had been stolen, as in most cases like this the occupants of the room had not been robbed but just misplaced the items! Ok... he had already been told, 2 cell phones, 2 pair of designer sunglasses, 1 digital camera, 1 pair of beats headphones, a watch, money and a few other small items had been stolen and the room draws and wardrobes had been all opened and clothes hanging out of them! So... I guess he was calling us a liar! When we got to our room with the security officer, he then watched us look in every nook and cranny for 15 minutes for the items we had reported stolen.... then he agreed that we had been robbed. He took a written report from me, then told me the hotel security would investigate and act upon it, he gave me an incident number and told me to call a number 72 hours to find out what they where going to do. 72 hours later, I called the number he had given me, to be told by a lady who answered that the person dealing with the investigation was unavailable and she would call me back when she returned from her break. Myself and Eddie, eager to find out what was going to happen and what the hotel would do to help us sat in the room waiting for the call.... 4 hours later, no call .... so I called back the number only to have a lady apologise that no one had gotten back to us, they must have forgotten about us! Then she proceeded to say 'Unfortunately, there are no signs of forced entry or a break in, so the hotel will not be able to help us so that is the end of the matter'. We felt let down and upset by this but we were thousands of miles from home and there was nothing we could do.
We only had a couple of days left of the already ruined vacation so we had to grin and bear it. Not only did we feel let down, we did not get a single apology the whole time we were there and the hotel who knew I had been taken to hospital did not once give a courtesy call to check if I was ok... I could have died in Sun Valley for all they cared.
After speaking with Victoria from KTNV last night and learning that 'Door Pushing' is a common problem in Vegas and that security and hotel staff are well aware of it, I feel that the Luxor could and should have done more to prevent it happening - simply by informing guests when they check in to be vigilant and ensure doors and shut and locked properly on entry or on leaving a room - doing this would no doubt stop a lot of this crime from happening. More so... it worries me to think that these criminals who operate in hotels, enter peoples rooms while they are sleeping.... how long will it be before someone wakes and catches them red handed and someone gets hurt...weather it be the victim or the robber?!
My dream vacation that I had worked hard for and saved for a year for turned from a dream to a nightmare, the Luxor didn't give a damn, they had taken my hard earned cash and that's all they were interested in, they cant even reply to my e-mails or offer a simple apology... im disgusted, appalled and somewhat worried about the situation for people who may stay at the Luxor hotel in the future.

Anyway, I know you are a real peoples person and do a lot for the good of other people - this is the reason I reach out to you to see if you can put this information out there in the hopes it may prevent other people being the victims of something so cruel.

I thank you for your time.

Good luck and best wishes.

Paul Burke - Liverpool, England (UK) "

• Travel date: Thu 13th of June 2013

A Great Resort better than I expected

Reviewed Thu 4th of April 2013

"This was the first time in Las Vegas and it was a fantastic,
The location of the Luxor on the South of the strip close to the airport and linked to the Mandalay Bay and Excalibur by mono-rail.
The staff at the Luxor were friendly and very helpful at all times,and nothing was to much trouble.
The room was a Twin bed room in the pyramid and was very, comfortable,spacious and cleaned daily, though the lifts were an issue even though there were 4 that served my floor I must have picked the busy times to use them.
There was a wide choice of food on offer throughout the hotel and I enjoyed Chris Angel show.
I was disappointed there was limited access to wi-fi and that when checking-in the time share salesmen were stalking the hotel foyer but that said I would definitely stay here again, "

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of April 2013

Great hotel, does not disappoint

Reviewed Tue 3rd of July 2012

"This is a great hotel plus so much more. We only stayed for 4 nights but had a great time. Room was fab, location was great and the hotel was amazing !!!"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2012

Unreal

Reviewed Mon 11th of May 2009

"Had a 10 day skiing holiday in colorado which was great fun and then went onto vegas for 4 nights. This is the second time i have been to vegas and i was unsure the first time but now i have been again i now realise it is horrible, do not be drawn by the bright lights its one big rip off. The place is seedy very very overcrowded to the extend the pavements have traffic jams, made even worse by the constant clicky clicky of the mexicans dealing out call cards, no one is exempt.
We stopped in the Luxor which is now tired and in need of an update the rooms are dark and dingy, and of course no opening windows. Every time you entered the gaming area you were quit dissorientated and ther is of course no windows and no clocks. On top of this now you can no longer put cash in machine only notes or cards and you are no longer paid out by cash a card is printed which be cashed but this card can not be presented at other casinos, another gamble was the minimum bet on all the gaming tables was 10 dollars this is £8 for a few seconds. If you want better vfm get off the strip, another trick the luxor pulls is that although the pool area was excellent and there were numerous sun beds they do not provide parosals hence when it gets too hot you have no alternative but to go inside. Due to a problem with the flight back we had to stay an extra night and iwe were put up in an hotel only 5min walk off the strip called the Hampton inn, i can reccomend this hotel although a lot smaller it was very clean a nice pool area an even had tea making facilities in the room. No big gaming area just a few machines. One highlight of the trip was we went to see the Jersey boys a great show and well worth the £60 a ticket.
I would like to say go and visit vegas for yourself you will love it or hate it but if you do not want to drink out of plastic glasses see unreal sights its not for you.

• Travel date: Fri 8th of May 2009

I think this hotel is just a little too...

Reviewed Sat 12th of January 2008

"I think this hotel is just a little too large for its' own boots. It's more of a huge cave, with lots of ants running around.

The queue's for check-in were a little long for my liking, and we ended up in a ground floor room that I wasn't overly pleased about because outside of the window you could see one of the main doors to the hotel.

We were in one of the towers rather than the main pyramid, even though I went for one of the more expensive rooms.

That said. Vegas really is worth a few days. We saw a show (mamma mia), flew around the city at night in a helicopter, went for a flight to the canyon, and went horseback riding in the mountains.... not to mention going on a gondola, and up the Eiffel tower. There's so much on offer, and I'll be going again, but perhaps not to the Luxor, which had the feeling of Tesco rather than M&S."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of January 2008

The Luxor was a fantastic hotel. The cas...

Reviewed Mon 10th of September 2007

"The Luxor was a fantastic hotel. The casino was enormous, and the staff were very friendly.

Only slight problem that we had was that a few of the pools were closed for maintenance while we were there, and so with only 1 available to use it was very full. There were poolside waitresses who were always around to come to your sun lounger, and get your orders, and then bring the drinks to you. I sampled a few Budweiser’s (Ice cold) just what you need in the heat!!

Would definitely go back to Vegas in the future, but would like to try one of the other hotels next time. Cezars palace looked like a great one to try. Nothing wrong with the Luxor, but would just like to try somewhere different."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

Well, this was my 3rd stay at the Luxor...

Reviewed Fri 15th of June 2007

"Well, this was my 3rd stay at the Luxor and it was still up there with the top Vegas Hotels! The Casino feels more 'airy' than most and is pretty well laid out.

The rooms are quite spacious and have always been very clean.

It is quite novel beginning in a pyramid shaped hotel and if you can get one of the higher pyramid rooms (rather than the towers) then you will be able to go in the 'inclinator' which is pretty cool!

The food has always been excellent and the service has been fantastic. The hotel is in an excellent location if you have hired a car and you are close the McCarren Airport.

If you like planes etc, get a room with Mandalay Bay side and you will be in for a treat (you can watch the Area 51 staff flying out to the base on the unmarked planes)!!

All in all a fab hotel, one of the best in the City, and at a good price too!"

• Travel date: Fri 15th of June 2007

The Luxor is excellent, we thoroughly en...

Reviewed Wed 2nd of May 2007

"The Luxor is excellent, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and concur with most of the other reviews we've read.

Loved the spa suites (well worthwhile) and the ambience in the hotel. Only one pool open when we were there but didn't affect us too much.

One serious gripe though. 8 of us had a meal in The Steakhouse and it was simply appalling. Our party had a range of tastes from medium rare to well done, and our steaks were simply not done as we requested.

Worse they would not accept they weren't cooked correctly. It's pretty obvious with blood dripping from the steak it’s not well done. Overpriced, incompetent chef, rude waiting staff - eat somewhere else!

But don't let it put you off the Luxor, its good!"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of May 2007

We went to Las Vegas to get married an...

Reviewed Sat 7th of October 2006

We went to Las Vegas to get married and had the time of our lives. The hotel was great and the whole Las Vegas experience was one we will never forget.

A visit to the Grand Canyon should be high on your list of things to do while you are there. There are so many things to see and so many wonderful shows that you just don't have time to see and do everything as there is so much happening.

Las Vegas is definitely the city that never sleeps not New York! It has something for everyone and I can't wait to go back. There really is no place like it in the world.

• Travel date: Sat 7th of October 2006

The accommodation was excellent in the L...

Reviewed Tue 15th of August 2006

"The accommodation was excellent in the Luxor. There was plenty of ways to get around Vegas and all were an experience. The hotel and tour staff were very helpful, they were able to provide knowledge on numerous subjects all of which came in use.

The tours were very easy to arrange and we did this through an independent tour operator. They were well organised and we saw some breathtaking views such as the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam. I would definitely recommend the Luxor and would say to anyone that goes there to go to the grand canyon as it was an amazing experience.

We got to have dinner with the Red Indians and were able to go right down into the deepest part of the canyon via a helicopter and then a boat.

• Travel date: Tue 15th of August 2006

We stayed in one of the corner spa rooms...

Reviewed Sun 23rd of July 2006

"We stayed in one of the corner spa rooms which provided us with a little more luxury and sitting in the spa looking out over Vegas especially after the long flight was heaven.

The Luxor is quite an impressive hotel and you cannot stop looking around. Unfortunately the desk staff were a little unhelpful and it was only when I asked about my free extras (it is worth looking at the extras available on their website if booking with them direct as you can get 2 for 1 on the museum, I-max etc) that I was given them. She also did not properly organise our "tab" which proved a little embarrassing later on

The casino was very nice but again the croupiers were not as friendly as in other hotels such as New York New York and the atmosphere was maybe a little more sedate than some of the others on the strip.

We had a fantastic meal though in the Luxor steakhouse. All the staff there were lovely and attentive and the food definitely made our stay

The inclinators were an experience though!

Overall I will be staying in another hotel on my next visit but i wouldn't say not to stay at the Luxor."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

Hotels near Luxor Hotel & Casino

Top traveller tips for Luxor Hotel & Casino

• BritonFerry Travelers by BritonFerry Travelers

"Go and watch Chris Angel "

• Burkey79 by Burkey79

"Be very careful and vigilant - always ensure goods and property are locked away. lock room doors at night and always check room door is closed properly. "

• H J Harvey by H J Harvey

"none just buffets and burgers "

Luxor Hotel & Casino is also called