Good

Firstly this is a great hotel but there...

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2007

"Firstly this is a great hotel but there is a downside and that it the Four Seasons is right at the end of the strip and going to Las Vegas I wanted the hustle and bustle of the nightlife as we were only here for 3 days.

It was a great experience. Check in went without a problem and all the members of staff that I met was polite and very welcoming.

I don’t think I have ever seen a cleaner place. Wherever we went there was always a member of staff cleaning something.

We were a two minute walk away to the Mandalay Bay shops, restaurants and casino. But being as the hotel as I have said is located at the end of the strip we had to take the tram from the Mandalay Bay to the Excalibur and then walk across the pedestrian bridge to the MGM to get to the monorail.

My wife enjoyed returning to the hotel to get rid of all the hustle and bustle of the strip but I would have preferred it if we stayed in the middle of the strip. If you could pick the Four Seasons up and move it I would definitely stay there again! But seeing as that is not possible I would stay more in the centre if I ever went again to Las Vegas.

• Travel date: Fri 26th of October 2007

Needs updating

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"The rooms were probably state-of-the-art when the hotel was built, but the rooms at newer hotels (the Hotel at Mandalay, Ritz Carlton) far surpass the rooms at the Four Seasons. I stayed at the Four Seasons when it first opened and remember being impressed. Now, the rooms seem small and dated. I think the hotel could benefit from a renovation (e.g., Four Seasons rooms have VCR's; other hotels have DVD players/plasma TVs/fax machines). Pluses -- the service and food in the Verandah were top-notch (the ice cubes in the iced tea were made of iced tea!); loved the fresh floral arrangements; excellent location. But, I think management would benefit from visiting their competitors (e.g., turndown service was lacking compared with the Ritz -- breakfast menu missing; no music playing on CD radio; no chocolates). At these prices, it's the quality of the furnishings and the small things that matter (e.g., how about adding a CD/DVD library in the rooms? or putting bottled water in the car for the drive home?). I hope the Four Seasons improves soon -- I look forward to seeing how they will outdo the competition. But, for now, I'd stay at the Hotel at Mandalay or the Ritz Club Level."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of January 2005

Now I could never stay anywhere else in Vegas

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Spent 3 nights at the Four Seasons (Dec. 6-9), and loved it! Thanks to Tripadvisor users, I cancelled my Mandalay Bay reservation and splurged on the Four Seasons for our 5th anniversary. That made our trip, and this is my first 5-star review ever, on Tripadvisor.

Service was outstanding. When we arrived, the assistant manager came out to greet us personally (he'd answered a question I'd emailed to the hotel)! He then told us we were being upgraded to a suite overlooking the strip (even though we'd only booked a moderate room), in honour of our anniversary, and sent a card and a cake to our room. Wow!

From then on, everyone we encountered treated us like truly special guests with the kind of service I've never seen before. The bartender served us great drinks and made sure we never went a minute without snacks. A second visit to the bar got us even more attention. Several staff waited on us just to serve us drinks and snacks! Water and snacks refilled before we even had a chance to notice we were getting low.

Housekeeping was impeccable. I'm picky, but everything was perfectly clean, perfectly tidy, always on time. When I called down to ask for Woolite, they brought me not the 1 packet I asked for, but 6 or 7 of them. The bed was comfortable, the water pressure was good and there was a humidifier in the room to keep things from getting too dry (desert air).

Despite the cool air the week we were in town, the heated pool was open, and a pool attendant stood by (in a parka) to ensure guests were looked after. He chatted to us and seemed genuinely friendly. And he brought glasses of water to us by the pool. The pool was nice and warm, and the hot tub was good and hot.

We ate breakfast in the restaurant 3x. Everything we ordered was delicious, and beautifully presented. Not one bad berry in the bowl of berries, tea made perfectly, coffee was delicious.

When we checked out, the valet was wonderfully friendly, and offered us bottles of water for the drive.

In addition to all this, one of the main reasons to stay here is to experience a quiet (after hearing the ringing of the slot machines throughout Vegas, you know how good it is to be somewhere you can't hear them), restful place to relax and lay down your head. The more hotels we walked through, the more thankful I was to return "home" to the oasis of the Four Seasons.

I'd like to go back to Vegas, JUST to stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of January 2005

Delightful Upgrade

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"We had a wonderful time at the Four Seasons Las Vegas. On our last trip we were upgraded to a huge two bath, strip view suite with a spacious seperate bedroom.

The Verandah Bar and Restaurant is quite nice. Justice, the bartender is very good; he even remembered my standard drink from the month before.

Upon returning home from Las Vegas, we recieved a complementary night for our upcoming trip to the Four Seasons Mexico City . The Four Seasons is the best, highly recommended."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of December 2004

Horrible Experience

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"During our April 2004 stay, we noticed several very large moths in our room and spent considerable time tracking them down with a folded newspaper. In the morning, I made the mistake of stepping on the air vent at the bottom of the floor to ceiling window. The room was instantly filled with fifteen or twenty huge moths, ugh. At checkout, we were forced to talk with the manager to get any resolution of the problem. We were finally given a $100. discount on the room, a free breakfast, and a quaranteed upgrade on a future visit. Needless to say we won't be making a future visit. And aside from the moths, the room was okay but not great. There was an original oil painting on the wall that reminded me of a paint by numbers set. The private pool area was most pleasant"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of November 2004

Get Away From the Casino Noise

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"The Four Seasons is a great hotel for those who don't like the noise and crowds of hotels with casinos. For those who do want a casino in their hotel, the Four Seasons is still the place - just take the elevator down to the Mandalay Bay casino. Since the Four Seasons has a separate entrance from Mandalay, it is a quiet respit from the casino.

Though their standard rooms seem somewhat small for a Four Seasons, the amenities and service are excellent. L'Occitane de Provence bathroom products are a bonus, including a lavender linen spray should you need to iron! One note about the Four Seasons Spa: use the spa at Mandalay Bay instead, the facilities are much better.

It was too chilly to use the pool, but it looked very nice. Guests may also use the huge pool facilities at Mandalay, but the Mandalay guests may not use the Four Seasons pool. The Verandah restaurant is excellent.

Although the hotel is at the end of the Strip, there is a tram going from Mandalay Bay to the Luxor and Excalibur. You still have to walk to other hotels from the Excalibur tram station, but it does get you a bit closer."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of November 2004

An oasis to be sure

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"Spent six nights here this October at $240 a night. Within the past few years we've (wife and I) also stayed at Mandalay Bay, Rio, and Venetian.

The pool service is great as described elsewhere. Our only complaint is the air whining noise that seemed to get loudest in the morning as the service elevator started getting a workout. (We had a room at the end of the hallway.)

Will return. Be sure to ask for entrance to the Foundation room for possible star sightings (Clint Eastwood, this trip) and a wonderful view of the strip."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of October 2004

Wow!

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"My husband and I spent our 10th wedding anniversary here in August and LOVED it. The room was excellent (especially the bathroom with soaker tub) but it was the service that made the real difference. Everyone from the front desk staff to the food service at the pool was exceptional."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of October 2004

Quiet Oasis with Class

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"Really enjoyed our first time in Las vegas and our stay at The Four Seasons. Loved the combination of a quiet haven away from the hustle and bustle of the Mandalay Bay Casino/Pools and enjoyed having usage of their amenties. My Dtr, age 11 enjoyed the wave pool and lazy river ride. Staff was very accommodating and went out of their way to please. We were upgraded to a room on the 39th floor(Top Floor) with a full view of the strip. Booked our stay through American Express Platinum Travel Services which included breakfast daily for 2 and other bonus amenities. Would stay their again."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of September 2004

Sanctuary in Sin City

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Nothing like the Four Seasons for an incredible vacation. Love the service that delivers cool towels, orange slices and cucumbers poolside. Everything you need to relax after a LONG Vegas night!"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of September 2004

Great Stay

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"What a wonderful stay. Used the Southwest Airlines Vacation Package. They offer great packages. Stayed on the 38th floor with a Awesome view of the strip. Great Room! Room included everything you will need, if you want to just "hang out" in the room. They even included a disposable "digital" camera.

Staff was very polite. Will make a return visit. Food was great. Ordered room service (breakfast) and I think for the first time (for a room service meal) the meal was actually HOT! The entire experience was GREAT!!!!!!! Excellent for Adults!!!! Very few children around."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of September 2004