ARIA Resort & Casino

3730 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89158-4300

Good

Try this one in a few months

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"We stay at a local hotel(Vegas) every year Christmas night for our gift to one another. We attend a show and dine in one of the hotel restaurants. Unfortunately we chose to stay here just two weeks after they opened. It began with massive lines at check in as their computers went down earlier in the day. The rooms have high tech gadgetry but didn't work right and was hard to get used to initially and I am a techy. They should offer a tutorial on the bedside remote/nightlight. The show is supposedly being revamped and it is a good thing because by either Vegas or Cirque standards it sucked. Dinner at Jean Georges steakhouse was good but not at the same level as ones we have enjoyed in other hotels. It is a beautiful property with all the Vegas amenities. The beds are uber comfortable and the rooms offer a lot of Travertine in wet area. Windows were water spotted hence view was less than desirable camerawise. As stated earlier this was early in the opening of the hotel, might try it again later on when they have had time to get their stuff together. ( I am sure they will)"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of December 2009

Ruined Christmas

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Worse run operation since I flew Aerolinas Argentinas - starting with the parking. They made us wait for valet parking only to send everyone back in the rush for self parking. How about a sign "Valet Parking Full" ? Check in took over an hour, then our room had someone already in it.

We had limited time in Las Vegas. Our play time was spent trying to park and register. We could see management twiddle their thumbs while staff pulled out their hair. If it were my hotel I would have explained what happened, ask for people's patience and handed out cocktails, coffee, cookies or something. Not leave people in the dark. Oh, yes, the phones in the room didn't work."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of December 2009

Nice but not quite ready

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"This hotel will be a great choice once they get the service up to speed. Check in was slow. Housekeeping was abysmal. Our room was never cleaned properly the three nights we were there. The fancy key entry system they have constantly malfunctunioned, prompting a long walk to the front desk.
The spa is fabulous and the architeture was impressive. The staff needs more time to understand what they're suppose to be doing."

Beautiful New Hotel

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"My fiance and I stayed one night at Aria after receiving an offer for a great rate. We were there five days after the official opening. We were on the 31st floor with a mountain view. The floor to ceiling windows as well as the automated control pannel were amazing. You could control everything in the room with just the touch of a button. The bathroom was unique as both the shower and soaking tub were enclosed behind a glass door. A great idea since you don't have to walk out of the shower through the cold to get into the tub! Most of the service was wonderful. All the staff we interacted with were friendly and talkative. The only downside was the fact we never received the turn down service we requested. A minor detail I'm willing to overlook since it just opened.

We were given a $75 dining credit which we used to eat at Sage. They serve contemporary American cuisine. It was a delicious fine dining experience. Their chocolate dome dessert was amazing! All of the staff there were equally as friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Overall, Aria is a wonderful addition to the strip. The entire City Center complex is huge and impressive. It's location is great since you can easily access both Monte Carlo and Bellagio via the free tram or a short walk. We would definately stay here again."

...wonderful stay...

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Stayed 2 nights - Dec 20, 21.
Loved the hotel and CIty Centre.
Checked in & out was quick and efficient.
Service was excellent throughout the hotel.
Elevators are always quick and not crowded.
You have to show your room pass before you can access the elevators to your room.
Room was quiet and we didn't hear any noise, etc. in the hallway throughout our stay.
We stayed on the twenty first floor on a corner room with two queen beds - modern room - just like the pictures on the website.
We had dinner at Siro - excellent pasta & Julian Serrano - tasty - portions are small - (we had at least 6 dishes & paella)
Jean Philip Patisserie - great pastries & gelato
The Buffet - good breakfast and brunch- international assortment of food and good dessert bar.
Viva Elvis by Cirque Du Soleil - it was entertaining and fun.
We did use the Tram - it was quick and efficient.
Tip#1A-walk to Vdara & use the crosswalk as it is quicker than using the tram to Belliagio.
Tip#1B - If you come through the back of the hotel - you can use the escalator up to Promenade floor to get to your room as oppose to walking through the casino to the elevators.
Hotel is large however it is very easy to navigate and easy to get to our room.
Tip #2 - try not to pick up items on the bar counter - we were charged $20.00 for the Technology kit. Items are electronically sensored.
I had to called Accounting while at the airport - in order to figure the charge - as it didn't appear on the bill - we were advised it would be reversed.
We liked the turn down service as the room attendant changed our towels and left chocolates on our beds.
Concierge tried to print our boarding pass for Westjet - it didn't work.
At the airport - Westjet personnel advised their website isn't working properly.
Tip #3 - take time to walk around and explore the hotel and city centre.
Definitely would stay at the hotel again."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of December 2009

Just a pretty face with no brains

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"CHECK IN: One word: chaos. I am a single woman who came here to meet friends for Christmas. I stood in line for a solid hour (with only three people in front of me!) to check in. The clerks were indifferent and offered the lame dog-ate-my-hmewrk excuse of "Our computers are slow." In fact, they don't know what they're doing, and couldn't care less how long you have to wait or even whether you are there. Memers of the staff would take someone from the back of the line I was in and offer to check tha person in instead of me! If a man crowded up to the front, the desk clerks would immediately wait on him. This left a very bad taste in my mouth.

HOTEL: I like modern decor. This hotel has beautiful modern eclectic decor, very pleasing to the eye. The ceilings are low, though, and the place is dark. The overall feeling is one of claustrophobia.

ROOMS: The rooms are tasteful and comfortable. I had a standard room and it is not large like the standard rooms at the Wynn. Everything is controlled by an electronic control panel: TV, lights, drapes, temperature, etc. It knows when you are sleeping and knows when you're awake, literally. There is also a nice array of outlets near the desk for your electronics. Two closets. Panoramic window with a "mountain view," meaning that you see mostly the Rio Hotel across the highway. The usual pricey snack bar and mini-bar. I have never been hungry enough to pay $ 9 for a cookie.

RESTAURANTS: Excellent restaurants, with great service. I can't say enough good about the fish restaurant in particular.

SERVICE: Forget about it. I needed a way to plug in my CPAP machine so that I could sleep. No outlets anywhere near the bed. It took two engineers to move the built-in night stand to access an outlet for me. This took many hours, calls, and threats to the front desk. I finally had to ask to speak to the manager, who never returned my call. The in-room safe didn't function properly. Again, a call produced a security person, about three hours later. The hotel is either understaffed, or poorly managed; I am not sure which.

SLOTS: I like to play the slots. I don't like stingy slots. Therefore, I don't like playing slots at this hotel.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This place is too stressful. I don't like to have to fight for basic things like the right to check in, or an electrical outlet in the room. It is unlikely I would stay here again. My recommendation is that you visit the place and look at it, have dinner, and stay somewhere that understands customer service."

ArIA's opening weekend.....

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"We have spent the first night in the Aria along with countless other guests. The hotel is beautiful and the LEED design is evident through out. Will post pictures later but it is rather impressive. Upon entering the room, the master switch turned on all the lights, opened the curtains, it was like one was in the front row of a theater. The integrated technology is fantastic (akin to the Palazzo) and certainly adds to it's appeal.

The casino has tables that start at $15 and go up and up...... Everything from the shops in Crystal to the restaurants look superb. We are going down for our first meal so more will come. We plan to eat at the restaurants, go to the spa and have fun in the casino...........

Updated Review
We have just returned after spending three nights at the Aria during the opening weekend. This is an update from my first posted review. For the record, we were expecting that there may be a few hiccups during our stay.
Pro's:
- The hotel architecturally has very clean lines and this is reflected by the modern decorating. The outside fountains were modern and entertaining. While the decor is modern it is minimal without the flash and "wow" factor found at other hotels.
-Our room on the 20th floor was similar to the rooms pictured on the website.
-The room was very high tech and everything is controlled by at master switch, the TV or a handheld device. Comfortable with technology we did not have an issue but several of the guests who are not as tech savvy were frustrated by the high tech options
-As someone who suffers from Asthma, I appreciated the scent-free toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bath salts, body gel, hairspray, mouthwash and vanity kits).
- The bed was comfortable and the linens are nice. It was not until we had to transfer to another room (see con’s) that we realized our bed did not have a comforter or extra pillows. It appears that the bedding was hypo-allergenic
- Most of the staff were enthusiastic, professional and helpful. In particular Haley the Concierge Manager, Monica in house keeping and Julianne from the operator service.
- Location- the Aria is centrally located which makes getting to and from other attractions easy.
- Restaurants
o Julian Serrano (tapas) We ate here for two nights and each night the food was delicious. The seafood was so incredibly fresh. The service was very nice and the ambience was bustling and trendy.
o Lemon Grass (Thai). The food was very good as well and the Tom Kha Lobster was yummy.
o Jean Philippe Patisserie- What can I say- it was a dessert lovers paradise. The Nutella brioche and the Exotic dessert were out of this world.
o Buffet- We had breakfast here and it was a typical “Vegas-style” buffet.
Cons:
-Missing Room Amenities: Missing Comforters and Extra pillows, No coffee or tea service, No glasses in bathroom, No information in Hotel Guide
- Slow response time to problems and general confusion
While the situation below was remedied, it still affected our overall experience.
On Saturday morning around 10am, we noticed that the room opposite ours had a door open and was flooded by water. Large industrial fans appeared to be drying the floor. Returning to our room around 10:30pm we were assailed by a terrible sewer smell. The door to the adjacent room was still ajar but now the water which had backed-up from the drains (with all the contents) now was in the hallway. As we entered our room, the stench was beyond description. (Both my husband and I are in the medical profession and are used to human waste, but this situation was beyond anything we’d seen). We immediately called the front desk to apprise them of the situation. At 11pm no one had come and the smell was infiltrating our room. At 11:15pm we called again and were told they would send someone up to assess the situation. About 10 minutes later, industrial sized wet-vacs, fans and other equipment started to tackle the problem. It was clear that in addition to the smell, the loud noises from the machines would mean we could not sleep.

We called the front desk and requested that we could simply sleep in another room. I was informed that was impossible, that if I wanted to pack up my room at 11:30pm I could be moved to another room. Since this was a ridiculous response, I was transferred to Alex, a manager. He told us to meet him down on the 19th floor (this is a large hotel and the room was not easy to find) and we could sleep in a new room. He gave us the keys to the new room and assured us, our old room keys would work. It was when we entered the new room, that we realized that our room was missing a comforter and extra pillows.

At 8:45 still in our pajama’s we attempted to return to our original room that still held all of our belongings. The keys did not work and we were hardly appropriately dressed to venture down to the front desk. My husband found a housekeeper who was going to contact her supervisior to send up security. Meanwhile I used the house phone to call the front desk. The front desk had no record of our reservation as it appeared in the midst of the late night room change, we were expelled from the system. After explaining the situation, my simple request was that someone please come up and let us into our room. As they placed me on hold, I was disconnected. Four more times I tried to relate my story and was disconnected. After my 5th phone call to the front desk, I was frustrated and tired of the stares from passing guests. Julianne listened to the problem and said she’d send someone up with in 5 minutes, unfortunately I was put on hold and the call was lost. It was now 9:20 and there was no sign of anyone. Several guests asked if we needed help and promised to inform the front desk. Finally a housekeeper called Monica approached us to see if we needed help. We explained the situation and after showing her our room keys, she finally let us into our room. The phone rang and it was Julianne following up to make sure we got into our room. Approximately 10 minutes later someone from security knocked on the door, to let us in.
Getting dressed, I went downstairs as we still did not have keys to our room. The front desk was too busy, so I approached the Concierge desk and beseeched Roman and Will for help. Quickly I was approached by the Concierge Manager, Haley who listened to the situation. Appreciating that she was not responsible for the course of events, she really tried to rectify the situation. We were given a late check out time and had our lunch comped. Haley had new keys made from our room and told us to call only her if we had anymore problems. Feeling appeased, I attempted to return to our room, but the elevators were not working. Eventually they were fixed and I returned to the room with working keys.

We would not have known that our room was missing the comforter and pillows unless we had spent the night in another room. This is the sort of issue that we anticipated with the opening of the new hotel. The issue with the overflowing sewer was not.

When it came time to check out, no records existed for us, as we were still no longer in the system. Kelly at the front desk, who helped get the new set of room keys earlier that day, cheerfully helped us check out. Since she was aware of our situation, she took care of any ancillary charges incurred from the mini-bar and internet.

While Saturday night and Sunday was a pretty horrific experience, I can say that it is because of Haley, Kelly, Julianne and Monica, we will strongly consider returning to the Aria. We really appreciate their help!

We hope by sharing our story that you will see that despite the issues, the Aria really tried to makes amends.

As a traveler I think it is important to know that if there are problems that the hotel/management cares enough to try and rectify the situation."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of December 2009

Opened before ready

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"What can I say except that everything wrong that could happen, happened. We didn't double queen room as requested on our reservation. Water pressure off and on throughout the night. Brushed my teeth with bottled water like I was in a Third World Country, instead of a $8.5B resort. Housekeeping requests took hours; several requests never got filled. Locked out of room because key card stopped working. Ice machines on all floors not working. TVs didn't work. Moved rooms 2 times in 12 hr span because of the various troubles. Final room was a Corner Suite but only had one bed. At that point, our party was sick of moving and we ended up having to request 3 rollaway beds. Was offered comped stay for our troubles by the mgr the first night but upon checkout there was no record of the comp. I do want to point out that the staff was extremely friendly and understanding. Can't blame them for engineering problems. If the kinks get worked out, this place could be phenomenal."

• Travel date: Mon 21st of December 2009

Excellent - Elegant

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"Very, very nice. Feels like a High End Boutique Hotel in a Major City (Sorry LV - You are not a New York) My room was very nice. Everything worked - took a few minutes - not seconds - to fully understand the automation -- but it all worked. My view was not good - (Of another bldg) but I did see some rooms w/ awesome views (Thank you maids)

Was it worth the money? Yes."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of December 2009

Beautiful!

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"The rooms are really striking and the views are great; you can see a good 360 image of them here: http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/nevada/las-vegas/aria-rooms. Definitely a high-class hotel that should bring a lot of luxury travelers to Vegas. Can't wait to see the rest of the CityCenter complex open up next year!"

• Travel date: Sat 19th of December 2009

Perfect

Reviewed Tue 3rd of May 2011

"A mixed group of us stayed here and could not fault it. The most comfortable beds ever. Certainly worthy of a 5 star rating. Rooms, restaurants and casino all excellent. I have stayed in Vegas before and have found the drink girls in the casino avoid you unless you are gambling large amounts, the Aria was so generous on complimentary drinks.
If we could afford this each time would not stay anywhere else."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of April 2011

Hotels near ARIA Resort & Casino

Stayed at ARIA Resort & Casino? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for ARIA Resort & Casino

• abbo by abbo

"Eat and gamble there, no need to go anywhere else other than to explore the rest of Vegas "

ARIA Resort & Casino is also called