About The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

• shuttle bus service
  • self serve laundry
  • pets allowed
  • tennis court

Good
( 1900 reviews)

Fort Wilderness - A Great place to visit

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Fort Wilderness is a great campground it is well keptand has nice activities. We took our 5 year old grandson with us and he had a great time in the heated pool. He also enjoyed the movies in the evening and the sing a long with the campfire and Chip & Dale. In the mornings a family of ducks came to visit us. Along the road peacocks were always strolling around. It was very neat to see. The transportation system was always very reliable. Buses were always cool and clean and on time.
We particulary liked using the ferry going across Bay Lake to get to the Magic Kingdom. It was such a nice ride back in the evening in the coolness of the night sky. We are planning to return sometime in the near future. We had one negative thing happen to us. We arrived one day earlier than planned on a Saturday evening around 9:00 PM. After being on the road for 21 hours we were exhausted and hoped that we could be accomodated. We were told the only thing available was a cabin at $300 for one night. I refused to pay that so I asked if we could just stay in their parking lot overnight without hook-ups and we would pay a fair price. That also was denied. We were invited to try another campground in the area about 15 minutes away. I really felt that somehow, someway we could have been accomodated at a fair price. It was very hard to believe that there was nothing available. Anyway we resolved our own problem and stayed in the parking lot of Camping World. I was very disappointed that Fort Wilderness could not help us out. This was the first time we traveled with our 30' camper and we would do it again but I will warn all my friends to be sure and know exactly what your arrival day will be because Fort Wilderness will not accomodate you if you arrive early."

• Travel date: Mon 24th of November 2003

Loved the cabins!!

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"We stayed one night in the Fort Wilderness Cabins and I wished we had stayed a week! It was wonderful...roomy, fully stocked and well themed.
We brought our bikes from home and explored the entire campground. Chip N Dale sing a long is not to be missed. My two girls (ages 3 and 1.5) loved this!

I fully recommend the cabins to anyone, esp. those with children. One child can be napping in the bedroom while the other is playing out in the living room, plenty of space for all!

Can't wait to go back!"

• Travel date: Wed 5th of November 2003

Loved Fort Wilderness

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"REcently returned after a week at Fort Wilderness Campground. We found the campsites and everything to be extremely nice and easy to get around from one location to another. The atmosphere of the campers was also great. Everyone was friendly.

The only negative we found was that the ice machine was broke when we arrived and was never attended to during the week.

Restrooms were great."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of November 2003

Best Vacation Ever!!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Went to Disney World the end of August 2003. We stayed at the Fort Wilderness Cabins. It was an excellent choice for us. We were two families with a total of 4 adults and 7 childres ages 14 - 4years. Staying at the cabins gave us all more freedom. I would definetly recommend that anyone staying there to get a golf cart to get around. You feel much more dependent have it to get around. Would not want to wait for those buses!!! Although Magic Kingdom was very hot this time of year, (felt like an oven), we all had an enjoyable time, left in the afternoon to go swimming and returned in the evening. All the parks were great!! I think MGM was our favorite!! The kids really liked Blizzard Beach!! There was something there for all ages!! If we go back again there is no question in my mind that we will stay at Fort Wilderness again!!"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of October 2003

Great place to camp

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"We have stayed at Fort Wilderness approx 9 times in the past 5 years. Our longest stay has been a month. We thoroughly enjoy the campground and all of it's amenities.

The place is BIG, has nice clean bathrooms, paved sites with full hookup ( no cable TV) or deluxe hookups ( with cable) etc., security gate, lots of playgrounds, activities, good transportation to the parks via boat or bus, walking-jogging trail ( I ran 55 miles last time we were there) , petting zoo, great places to ride bikes.

I have camped in 48 states and all of the Canadian provinces in my lifetime ( in a travel trailer) and Fort Wilderness is one of the best.

We are going back next month."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of September 2003

Disapointed

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"The camp grounds are very very nice and it looked like most of the sites were quite nice. However, we were not lucky enough to get one. We have a 5th wheel with 3 slides and an awning. The site we had should not have been assigned to a camper of our size. The awning hit the trees and we had to move the table toward the front which didn't leave any room. The site was low and because of the rain we were under water the entire time. We had such a low spot that our mats floated under the trailer.

Like I said, the camp grounds were quite nice and most sites were high and dry. We were just disappointed with our accommodations. If we had been staying longer we would have asked to be moved."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2003

Best Campgroud we ever stayed at

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"We've stayed at many other campgrounds, either in a motorhome or a cabin. We stayed at one of the cabins at Fort Wilderness, and it was the cleanest, most comfortable place, a real home away from home! Other cabins we've stayed at we've had to bring our own bedlinens and towels - we were thrilled that not only did Fort Wilderness provide these, but daily housekeeping was also available, although we only had them come in twice, as we cleaned up after ourselves and only needed them for replacing towels and freshening the beds. We're planning on getting a motorhome in the future and we will certainly stay at Fort Wilderness.
Bottom line: clean, friendly, comfortable!"

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2003

One of the Best Resorts at Disney!

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Hi, my name is Felicia Lindsey and I am 13 and I go to Disney all the time. My dad used to take me to Disney's Fort Wilderness when I was 9.
He said it is hard to get a camp site some times but it is wourth it!
It has been a cople of years since I have stayed at Fort Wilderness but I am going to go there this summer with my mom. When you go to Disney I think that you should stay at Disney's Fort Wilderness because it is really cool and fun for kids and there are good places to eat and it is one of the best Resorts at Disney World!!"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of July 2003

Fort Wilderness is our favorite campground.

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"We love camping at Fort Wilderness. We can watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom from the boat dock area and love riding to the Magic Kingcom on the boat. The attendants on the boats are very knowledgable about Walt Disney World and are always ready to share this knowledge.
The buses make all of the other parks readily available and all of the drivers are super nice. We went during July and Sept. of 2002, but our favorite trip was January 2003. The weather was great and the parks were not too crowded."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of June 2003

Fort Wilderness great except for busses

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Stayed in the cabins and found them better than the hotels we have stayed at in Disney. They were clean and well serviced. The surrounding were nice and having a kitchen and not having to worry about neighbors a wall away makes a vacation with kids a lot easier. I would advise taking your car to every park except Magic Kingdom. The busses were slow and crowded and did not run to meet the every 15 to 20 minute schedule promised by Disney. It was much quicker and easier to drive and park at the other three parks. There is a ferry directly from the resort to Magic Kingdom which is much easier than parking because you bypass the long waits for the monorail. I would definitely recommend the cabins to anyone interested in an on-site lodging experience with nore than 2 kids who didn't want to spend $100 a day or more on meals."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of June 2003