Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas- Lake Buena Vista

Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas- Lake Buena Vista

Terrible!! They steal.

Reviewed 30th August 2016

"This hotel is terrible. I visited last year and we were told that we could go to a 30 minute meeting so we could get discounted tickets. But kids couldn't go. So we left the kids in the hotel room. 3 hours later we still hadn't returned. They took us away from our kids all day in a foreign country. This year we returned and we have had a number of missing items that have not been retrieved."

• Travel date: 16th August 2016

This resort has everything you need for ...

Reviewed 27th March 2006

"This resort has everything you need for a family but it is 25 years old and the furnishings in the apartment that we stayed in reflect that. Unless you only want to visit the parks it is difficult to get around from here. You definitely need a car - and plenty of nerve - if you want to venture further out. WE went to the prettiest town imaginable overlooking Lake Dora. Mount Dora is around 40 miles away and the cruise around the lake and on the Dora canal is breathtaking."

• Travel date: 27th March 2006

Awful!

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"My family and I have just returned from Orlando. We booked a week at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in a two bedroom villa. We expected our suite to be as well appointed as the rooms featured on the Sheraton Vistana web site. We were very disappointed to find ourselves in a dark, damp and musty villa that was built sometime in the late 70's! (Falls unit) It showed every bit of its age and was not very well appealing at all! I won't go back!!!"

• Travel date: 8th March 2003

Very outdated!!

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"I got sucked into a timeshare presentation where I was actually dumb enough to purchase a week at a resort. The feed you so much garbage, and avoid telling you the important stuff. This is not where I purchased my week, but where I did, I was promised if I stay at a different resort it will be as good, or better than where my week is. This place was a dump. The appliances were so outdated. The dishwasher was nasty, and barely worked, the trash compactor didn't work, my husband had to keep rigging it to get it to work. The furniture was all worn out, and there were rips in the carpet that could also use replacement. There was a very musty smell we spent the whole week trying to get rid of. The cabinets were peeling, and the washer and dryer was literally falling apart. The gameroom across from us could use a little investment as well. The ping-pong paddles had no rubber left on them, and the edges were all chipped off. For as much money as a place like this brings in, it's a shame they are as bad as they are. I will never stay in this resort again. There were other parts of the resort that looked much nicer than the part I was in, but that was only from the outside, I can't speak for the inside. If you do ever stay here, avoid the Springs. That is where we stayed."

• Travel date: 19th February 2003

Big & Beautiful

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"It was great. We all had a wonderful time. Our rooms were comfortable and big. They were just a bit dirty like mold in between the tiles but other than that it was perfect. Huge resort. Lots to do and even a cyber cafe on grounds. ;-) My little 4 year old loved the play ground and the pool. I hear there are some older rooms there so make sure to ask for one of the newer rooms."

• Travel date: 12th February 2003

awesome vistana

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"we stayed at the vistana in oct 1999. we loved it. my 4 year old daughter loved the pool with the water squirting up from the bottom and she also sang her abc's in the karoke contest. the room was new and absoutely beautiful. we have wonderful memories of our vacation to disney and the vistana."

• Travel date: 19th January 2003

Good accomodation, but bring a car!

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"Stayed at this hotel after being in a Disney on site resort. If your main reason for being in Orlando is to visit Disney attractions this resort is not that convenient. I did not hire a car and subsequently found out that there were only 2 shuttles a day to the parks - and they just drop you at the transportation center. Only 2 shuttles back, so if you have to take a taxi back it's an expensive $30 ride! At beginning of December resort was very empty and thus not too many staff about to carry suitcases etc. A tip - tell them you're not married and you won't have to endure the 4 1/2 hour timeshare salespitch. On site convenience store is VERY expensive - use nearby Publix instead. Good place for a family to stay - swimming pools are nice, have a play area for littlies and of course the washer-dryer and kitchen is great to have. There are Televisions in room and living area which minimizes TV battles."

• Travel date: 14th January 2003

Amazed by the Beauty of the Resort

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"First Time visit to Florida 12/26-12/30/02 and of course first time stay at Sheraton Vistana Resort. The folks at the check-in booth was exceptionally nice and very helpful. The resort itself was beautiful. My room was nice but it was a little outdated. Before I checked in, I was told I was staying at the newer location (Cascades) but when I checked in I was placed in (Fountains) not as new but livable. Inspite of the (But) I would defintely visit again in a few months and hope I receive the opportunity to stay in the newer property."

• Travel date: 9th January 2003

Wonderful Place

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"The Vistana Resort is a terrific family resort - there is a pool for everyone! Our kids range in age from 1 to 6 years old. The older ones loved the pool with the slide - the baby loved the 0 ft entry pool with fountains!"

• Travel date: 6th January 2003

Best Orlando Ever

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"Wonderful facilities, great location for access to Orlando parks, etc. and best pools and outside sports accommodations that we have ever seen! Well maintained, well staffed, and well done! Will definitely go back to Vistana again. We have been to Orlando parks every year and a few times twice or more a year since 1982."

• Travel date: 4th December 2002

Nice place BUT,...

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Very nice accomodations, good amenities, great location. There are shuttles to the many attractions and shops nearby but a vehicle is recommended. The BUT... If you have no intention of buying a timeshare that minute, do NOT go for the "No Obligation 90 minute information session". I did and wasted 4.5 hours of precious vacation time. Even after repeatedly telling them I wasn't interested they pressed on. Definitely not worth the gift I received for my time and trouble."

• Travel date: 1st December 2002

Run Down

Reviewed 19th October 2012

"Chose Vistana Resort for one week Thanksgiving vacation. Was extremely disapointed in the condition of the unit. These were 20 year old apartments that had been converted to time share units. Cabinet doors would fall off, sinks would stop up, electrical outlets didn't work, furniture was stained and old. Even the convertable sofa did not work properly. The T.V. was fuzzy, the garbage had not been changed upon our arrival..........need I say more. Would not reccomend this resort to anybody familiar with timeshare units."

• Travel date: 28th November 2002

Hotels near Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas- Lake Buena Vista

Top traveller tips for Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas- Lake Buena Vista

• by Maggie J

"Explore the campus a lot."

Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas- Lake Buena Vista is also called