Sheraton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Resort

( 2086 reviews)
Good

Great rooms in this hotel, big comfy bed...

Reviewed Mon 27th of August 2007

"Great rooms in this hotel, big comfy beds and very spacious.

Located a very short drive from downtown Disney. Near to an Ale House - great food and lots of it and so cheap. Sizzlers restaurant is nearby and do great breakfast buffets if you fancy a change from the hotel.

Right near to a few drug stores (which sell everything) and also near a 7 eleven to get snacks/drinks.

The reception is nice - has the obvious safari theme but very welcoming.

Pool is great and has a waterslide. Room service is very good with a variety of stuff to try. Nice bar area to enjoy a few cocktails in the evening.

Staff are very friendly but as always in the USA tipping is involved!"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

I did not find this Hotel as clean as so...

Reviewed Sun 15th of July 2007

"I did not find this Hotel as clean as some others suggest.

The Hotel had a somewhat 'tired' look to the decor although the rooms were very well equipped and the beds are the best that I have ever slept in - very comfortable!

The Staff are very friendly and it is a relaxed atmosphere - the only problem we did have was we found cigarette butts under one of the beds in a room which was non smoking.

I didn't make a fuss but happened to see the Duty Manager in the lobby and mentioned it to her - she dealt with it fantastically. She was horrified to hear what we had found and after confirming we would be out of the room for the day she said she would get the carpet shampooed whilst we were out.

We returned to a fresh smelling room, carpet clean and dry and an envelope with a card in it from her apologising again for the standard of cleanliness - she also included vouchers for us to have free drinks and pizzas, (not just one each but several!).

Everyone expects there to be something not exactly to their satisfaction whilst on holiday although we certainly didn't expect this. However, I cannot fault the way it was dealt with and would stay there again."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of July 2007

Highly recommended. Very clean and very...

Reviewed Fri 28th of July 2006

"Highly recommended. Very clean and very comfortable rooms. The rooms are well equiped and include ironing board, iron, hairdryer, tv, free bottled water daily, coffee machine and air conditioning. Good overall standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet is great value and fills you up for the day. The location of the hotel is central to all the parks with free pick up and return.

Although if you don't want to be tied down to times we found it easier to drive and pay the $9 parking fee (as it can cost you around $4 per trip in tips!) The pool area has a great 79ft long snake slide and the pool is open until 11pm. It also has a wonderful hot tub and pool bar.

There's a gym, laundry facilities and free car parking. The hotel reception were very helpful, we had problems with our safe and they were fantastic and quickly put it right. We would have no problem in recommending this hotel, we had a fantastic holiday here and would go back. "

• Travel date: Fri 28th of July 2006

The hotel was fantastic with free shuttl...

Reviewed Tue 1st of March 2005

"The hotel was fantastic with free shuttles to all the Disney parks. The rooms were clean and well kept with great views from the balconies.

Staff were polite and very helpful, it was fantastic and we took four children and the hotel had a heated pool and a hot tub which the kids loved so at 11 pm the kids could still be in the pool if they wanted.

I would stay at the Sheraton safari hotel in Orlando Buena Vista Drive again."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of March 2005

No complaints here, Abosolutley couldn't have been better!

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"Our trip including the hotel and airfare booked last summer on hotwire 55/night x 2 rooms x 5 nights pd 550.00. Originally they could not confirm two rooms next to each other one for us one for kids. Said we had to wait until arrival since we were not arriving till 11:00 p.m. I was afraid of the unavailiabilty especially around school vacation.
Called that morning mentioned my starwood perferred membership (read somewhere to do that) asked about rooms next to each other reservations said they would do their best. We couldn't have been happier checked in at 11:30 at night to find to beautiful room with pool view on starwood perferred floor. The Hotel was in great shape, everyone friendly and helpful daily housekeeping did a super job. The pool was amazing after walking around 6 parks in four days we couldn't wait to get back to the hot tub and pool. So close to everything. Anyone with this hotel will not be disappointed. Great breakfast buffet also. Loved our experience!
Good luck on yours!"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of February 2004

great hotel hard to beat for the price

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"after checking out of the sheraton world resort we were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. the staff were very helpful and great with the kids.we were in a group of 26 and can seem daunting to some people, but they took all this in hteir stride.we had friends in the area holidaying as well and they ended up checking in also. at one point there were 63family and friends staying here,alot by any standards.they put us all on the same floor and helped in every way they could. the breakfast staff were great with the kids, realising sometimes they ate before their parents,but they kept a tab on them and sorted any bill out with the adults later.the pool was great,we all loved it and although it was supposed to close at 11pm some nights it was nearer to midnight before we got out, same with the hot tub.the rooms were clean and fresh if a little on the small side by american standards especially if there were 4 in the room,but you cannot have everything.we would definately make this hotel our number 1 choice on our next visit"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of February 2004

Dont bother

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"The hotel was under renevation whilst we where their in Jan 04, no one told us about this and put us in a room where at 8am the banging started above us! The room was ok, but their was make up and human hair on the pillows. We requested a sweet sleeper bed only to find it was not. This hotel is a franchise and so not the usual Sheraton services/ rooms."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of January 2004

High rating for Sheraton Safari

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We arrived in Orlando, Jan 5th and stayed at the Sheraton Safari for 3 days, one being an extra day... After reading the reviews and receiving two phone calls from the airlines stating the hotel was undergoing renovations, I considered changing hotels. This is only our 2nd trip in 20years because I do not enjoy" living "elsewhere especially with the threat of a dirty room and atmosphere. However, our room had a new carpet, new beds and a completely new bathroom. Also the staff did everything to make sure we were satisfied. Also of importance to us is a "HOT" whirlpool which this one was. The weather was unusually cold and the hottub was soothing after walking in the parks for 8hrs. The grounds and atmosphere were lovely with appropriate music being played while dining. I would highly recommend this hotel. G.O'D"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of January 2004

Pleasently surprised

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Having read some of the reviews about this hotel I was quite concerned about staying and had even considered changing to another hotel. I need not have worried. While it may not deserve the four star ratings it receives in most british holiday brochures this hotel was a good base for a holiday in orlando. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable, the pool area excellent and I found the staff helpful. It is located close to disney and the crossroads shopping complex but a hired car would be required if you wished to shop at orlandos main outlets/shopping malls or visit universal or sea world. I stayed at the sheraton safari at christmas 2003 and my only gripe was that at present there were major construction works taking place on the roads outside the hotel which looked unsightly and caused some problems with traffic. I would rate this property as a decent three star hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of January 2004

Billing mistakes and terrible customer service

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I stayed at the Sheraton Safari hotel for a week at the end of August.
The hotel itself was nice, but now that I've returned, I regret staying there. When I checked out of the hotel, I was told I owed more then $50 for movies I had not ordered! I was told the charges would be removed, but I came home to find that they had charged it to my Mastercard. I thought a simple call to clarify matters would do the trick, but instead was passed from one person to the next, until they simply refused to remove the charges and insisted I had watched the movies!
You would think that after spending more than $600 there, they would believe me when I say I did not spend $50 on movies!!!! I am appalled at the treatment I've received and will never stay at another Sheraton resort again."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2003

A decent place for the price

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"This hotel was a good decent hotel with a good rate. My son loved the pool and slide and was in it every chance he got. Location is perfect, with a variety of restaurants and stores within walking distance. In other reviews I note that people praise the breakfast buffet... for some reason my son was not thrilled with it and I just thoguht it was OK. There is a sizzler, shoneys, IHOP, Denny's and Perkins all nearby with buffets as well. The location can't be beat. We rented a car so I can't comment on their shuttle service. Our room was clean, a little worn, but clean and good enough. Who spends a lot of time in a hotel room when you are in this area anyway? If you need a clean place to sleep, friendly staff, and a decent pool, I say check it out. I would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of July 2003

had a great stay!!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"My boyfriend and i have just returned from a 7 day stay at the sheraton safari. Right from the start we were made to feel welcome. Our room was nice and cleaned thoroughly everyday we even had a newspaper on our doorstep every morning! We found the shuttle buses to the parks most useful as we didnt have a car, but this turned out not to be a problem at all as we could easily jump on the shuttle. The location of the hotel was great, lots of restaurants and downtown disney 5 mins away. I would definetly stay there again!!"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of July 2003