Exterior

Loved it

Reviewed 30th December 2004

"My family of 6 stayed in a 3 bedroom/2 bath villa at the Imperial Palms Nov 21-Nov 30th and loved it. The villa was clean, large, well equiped, and everything was in good working condition. The laundry room was large with a full sized washer and dryer. There was plenty of closet space and the screened in porch was nice too. There were 2 pools on this property as well as a huge one at the World Center which we visited often. There were activities for the children such as water balloon toss, bingo and art activities at the world center. The shuttle that ran between the two properties was very efficient and prompt. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. There is a super-Walmart and a super=Target a few miles from the area to pick up anything you would need. The pools start at 3 ft deep and go up to 5ft. If there was a 0 depth entry pool which there is not, this place would truly be perfect."

• Travel date: 30th December 2004

We loved the Royal Palms!

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"Yes...the villas could use some updating but.... So close to Disney, So spacious, So quiet, So much to do, So many places to eat, So beautiful....how can you complain. We spent a week here (11/27-12-4) and had a wonderful time. Upon arrival we had a broken coffee maker, our kitchen light fixture came out of the ceiling, and sliding glass door came off the track. All three problems were fixed or replaced immedietely by friendly...helpful staff. We would definetely go back next year."

• Travel date: 13th December 2004

Exceeded our expectations

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"After reading the review "Unfit for a king etc " we were apprehensive about going there for our family reunion. We just returned and 26 people agreed the resort was wonderful. The staff was delightful and couldn't be more accommodating. There was never a problem with cleanliness in the villas and there were always people taking care of the grounds . The rooms do need to be updated as even the staff will tell you but they are more than adequate . Everthing in all the rooms were in working order and we all agreed it was a good value and would not hesitate to recommend this property."

• Travel date: 3rd December 2004

Mixed Emotions...

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"We stayed at Royal Palms in a (2)two bedroom villa Oct.17th thru 21st. We arrived around 12:00pm and were told they did not have a room ready and to check back at 3:00pm. Staff was pleasant enough upon check-in, gave us a card for a free gift and our room key. (beware free gift card funnels you to time share persons) The time share people said we did not qualify because we were only staying 4 nights, thank goodness for us! The properties grounds are very pretty and well taken care of. The pool was nice but the jacuzzi in secluded grotto was dirty and half of jets did not work. The villa itself was very spacious but a little worn and dated. In need of some furniture replacement and paint. The screened patio was nice to sit out and enjoy the view of golf course (which was mowed and tended to each morning at 7:30am). We walked (about 10min. walk) to the Hotel a few times for meals, the buffet breakfast was great. Champions sports pub was average. Villa cleaning staff did a good job each day. The parks are a short drive. For the price I would say this was a good bargain, if "Magic" is what your looking for its not here!!!"

• Travel date: 6th November 2004

All in all a lovely place to stay

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"We stayed at the Royal Palms with another couple in a 2 bedroom villa from Oct. 29-Nov. 2 and were quite pleased. The villa itself is quite large and spacious, the master bedroom was large and the 2 person jaccuzi tub was wonderful. The 2nd bedroom was sufficient and had its own TV and private bathroom. The kitchen was great and had a nice new stove. Yes the decor was not the most modern but that isn't really something that bothers me about a hotel. We had a great screened in porch with a gorgeous view of the golf course and sunsets were fabulous. The living room area was great with a huge TV and a DVD player. The only negative thing I have to say is that the bed in the master bedroom wasn't all that great, the mattress was all of about 7 inches thick and rather hard, I can't speak for the 2nd bedroom, but I was disappointed with the master bed. Other than that the property itself was beautiful, so green and lush, the pool was beautiful and the secluded jaccuzi area was quite nice. All in all we were happy with our stay at the Royal Palms."

• Travel date: 4th November 2004

Unfit for a King, Queen or Baronet!

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"I was skeptical about the reviews here. Boy was I wrong. From the moment I arrived and checked in to the gatehouse, I witnessed a chilly conversation between an elderly couple and the front desk staff. While I waited, I witnessed absolutely un-Marriott behaviors. Nonetheless, I had a reservation and no other options. The Royal Palms need lots of TLC...tender, loving and cleaning. These disappointing accomodations looked like a fraternity house...and I know what that can be all about! There are much nicer Marriott locations in the area. Avoid this place until they get their act together."

• Travel date: 1st November 2004

Needs Updating

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"Friendly, efficient and helpful staff are the pluses of this timeshare resort. The grounds are lush and beautiful. The pool was well stocked with towels, but lounge chairs were uncomfortable. No food service by the timeshare pool. There were signs of wear and tear at the condo itself. An 80's decor with worn looking pink couches, stained countertops, deteriorating rugs. The Hotel (you have to take a free shuttle to the Hotel) has an absolutely gorgeous pool with huge water slide, plenty of umbrellas and poolside food service. Champions Sports Bar was terrific since the Red Sox/Yankees were battling it out. All in all a nice enough timeshare - convenient to all the parks - Just a Little Worn Out (condo)."

• Travel date: 25th October 2004

Worn out and weary

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"I've stayed here before, but this review concerns my October 2004 stay on property. I had a two-bedroom Royal Palm Villa for which I paid $155 per night. The villas are now truly showing their age. Sadly this means that the living area carpet is frayed at the edge and shows significant staining in spots. The sectional pinkish colored sofas show a thick filthy tinge suggesting an emergency need for cleaning. A DVD remote was there, but no player in the room I had. Walls were speckled with fingerprints. The kitchen area had signs of age and wear, and thin, flimsy trash bags tore open when used. The kitchen sink and counters needed a good once-over. The security lock on the door was loose and required various motions in order to set the lock. The bathroom for the smaller bedroom was passable, although the toilet needed the handle pressed down in order to flush properly, and the tank had "stains" on it. The ceiling ventilation was thickly coated with dust and debris, as I am tall and could view inside it. The bedroom itself featured a decaying brass swing lamp, and a sidetable which blocked the closet. The blinds to the room didnt afford enough privacy for the bedroom and were concerning to the other guests. The master bedroom no longer features a hot tub, but has been replaced with a jacuzzi type tub, which I suggest you bleach before you use. Around the tub is a tiled surface which does not drain water. Thus, a standing pool of water remains all the time. The bedding was worn out, and the two bedside tables were riddled with dings and beverage stains. The mattress was thick and too firm, disallowing slumber. The sliding door from the bedroom required my full body weight to move, making me wonder if a senior or youngster would manage. The screen porch had puddles of water present. These villas have great potential, but seem to suffer from poor maintenance. There is a general sense of malaise around the resort, with the "market" in the lobby missing most food items for several days, one might seem stranded and helpless. The maids and groundskeepers are warm and friendly, but the front desk staff seems detached and poorly prepared. Such is a significant departure from the Marriott Brand. Until these items are addressed, go elsewhere. I'm not certain if families find the worn out accomodations less intimidating and thus overlook the flaws since kids can roam free with little worry of damaging further the accomodations. Vacations are for relaxation. I think it is unreasonable to expect guests to have to "sanitize" the accomodations, but this is exactly what we felt we needed to do to soothe our concerns about the place. Many reputable hoteliers will deliver better quality for similar prices. I have checked and see that rates for the Royal Palms climb over $220 in busy periods. Such a tariff is not at all appropriate for the rooms."

• Travel date: 13th October 2004

Loved the Imperial Palm Villas

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"My family and I rented a 3BR Villa the first week of August and loved it. What a nice facility. It is convienent to all the major attractions as well as shopping. We received the AAA rate and saved a great deal on the room rate. The main hotel was beautifull and there was no parking fee. We drove up to eat dinner at one of the restaurants and they treated us like royalty as did the rest of the staff. The only surprise was the size, or lack thereof of the general store that they advertise. From the picture it looks like a small convience store but in reality it the size of a large closet. Save a few bucks and drive up the blvd. to the grocery store to load up on drinks and snacks. Overall, we would recommend this hotel for any large family, or extended family for a great vacation. If you are looking for discounts on theme park tickets, check out undercovertourist. We saved a bundle on the 5-park flex pass. It arrived in a few days via mail and was easy to use at the parks. We also got a great rental car rate from Thrifty. Keep checking weekly on-line for a competitive rate. Read the fine print and you won't be surprised. They do ask for a deposit which goes on your card. No big deal. It is usually less than the rental rate. Be sure and sign up for the free blue chip member program before you go. It saved us time and money on a hot August afternoon."

• Travel date: 30th August 2004

Had a fantastic time!!

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"We have just returned form our week in Florida staying at the Marriott Royal Palms apartments. My husband and I left our two children at home (cruel parents hey, but they had a great week with their grandparents!!) and had a fantastic holiday. The Royal Palms are ideally located for all the local attractions, yet we felt it was also peaceful enough to feel relaxed. The condition of our apartment, 2 bedroom, was immaculate, it was spotlessly clean, spacious, beautifully furnished and very well equipped. We highly recommend it. Shame about the weather, but there is nothing anyone can do about those great storms at this time of year, although we still came home with a tan, oh, and a large dose of post holiday blues......."

• Travel date: 12th August 2004

Hotels near Marriott's Royal Palms

Marriott's Royal Palms is also called

• marriott`s royal palms hotel orlando
  • marriott`s royal palms hotel
  • marriotts hotel orlando