Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando - UCF Area

Absolutly wonderful!

Reviewed Mon 7th of January 2013

"Wonderful hotel! Very nice on the inside. Hotel staff was very friendly! Room was exceptionally clean and open. It had all the essentials one could need for nights away from home. And they live up to complimentary breakfast! Its not just a bagel, its cereals, grains (toast, bagels, breakfast pastries) hot food like sausage, eggs, bacon, fruits available, just absolutly wonderful! I dont see how people rated this anything less then a 10! Definatly recommened!"

• Travel date: Thu 28th of February 2008

Neat little place

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"I've stayed at Homewood Suites before and find them quite comfortable and nice for brief or extended stays. This one is located quite close to the University of Central Florida campus which is nice because I was visiting there for a football game. Ther rooms are quite spacious and the only thing wrong with my room was that the cable was not hooked up when I came in (someone had pulled the line loose). In any case, breakfast was standard but I had no unwanted interruptions. The only real issue was the layout of the 1st floor and the business center only had one computer with internet access. Otherwise, this was an alright stay."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of September 2007

Comfortable and Spacious

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"I stayed at the Homewood Suites for two nights on business and was very happy with the experience. This hotel is clean, the rooms are spacious, and the staff is friendly. Hot water and A/C were ample, cable and internet worked well, and although I didn't use it, the kitchenette was nicely sized.

The food offerings in the lodge area were pretty comprehensive, although I did not partake of the evening reception during my stay. The hotel was pretty easy to find and is close to a lot of shops and restaurants at the malls that are south on Alafaya Trail.

If you have to go to the UCF area, this hotel is a good choice. Not too noisy and you will definitely not feel like you are stuck in the Attractions Corridor. A great boon for business travelers and university guests!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of September 2007

Good stay - but with minor customer service detail issues

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"I have stayed at this hotel three times since May 2007.
My first two stays were uneventful, and typical of the Homewood Suites property chain: comfortable and clean accomodations, good service, decent breakfast buffet, reasonable rates and pleasant staff.
My last and most recent stay however, proved to be a little different: although I was a thrid time returning guest of this property, the front desk seemed unaware of it and were not able to accomodate any of the booking requests I made on the hitlon honors website, not a terrible thing, but a tad dissapointing to a loyal customer.
The breakfast buffet also proved to have some defficiencies during this stay - by 8:25 AM there were no eggs or bacon left, there was only a handful of guests in the dining room, so I am not sure as to why this happened, in addition to the eggs and bacon regular coffee was running low and guests took it upon themselves to start new pots as there was no one in sight manning the dining area. When finally someone came out to the dining room aream, my husband approached her to inform her that the eggs and bacon trays were empty, and he was curtly told that more were being made and to be patient, half hour later the trays were finally replinished -barely...whitin five minutes it was all gone as more guests had started to trickle into the dining room. Additionally, pastry and fruit selections were somewhat limited and did not look too fresh.
On checkout morning, we did not receive a copy of our statement under the door, and therefore we were not able to use the Express Checkout service typically offered to Hilton Honors Members; when I brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk he quickly printed a copy of my statement and dispatched me without even asking if our stay had been pleasant.
Perhaps it was the fact that it was a holiday weekend and the hotel was to full capicity without being properly staffed, but quite frankly this time around I did not feel this hotel lived to their "100% percent guarantee" standards and the only reason why I will continue to return to this property is because of their proximity to UCF, which my son attends, and their affilition with Hilton Honors to which program I belong, other than that after this dissapointing stay I can't think of any other reason why I would want to spend my money at this property."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of September 2007

A nice hotel

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"This hotel is nice. They have a salad bar at night with some hot food selections. They have clean laundry facilities. Our room was well decorated, a little snug, but overall great. A good place for business travelers. Parking is a chore, and the pool seemed okay. Hotel manager was nice. They have soda, wine and beer at dinner. Breakfast bar was good too. Nice sheets, not much on the TV, good toiletries. It is a BIG hotel. Be prepared to walk."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of July 2007

This place is great!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"First rate facility with a terrific staff. I stayed four days during business travel and never had a unpleasant moment. Clean room, free breakfast and evening buffet, great location with large shopping mall nearby. Try it, you'll like it!"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of April 2007

Great Value & Clean!

Reviewed Sat 10th of November 2012

"We stayed here for a couple of nights while in town for a wedding. The room was in great shape--it was clean and well taken care of. We were provided with some nice freebies during our stay-- bottled water, soda, cookies, and popcorn. The full continental breakfast provided was decent. The cleaning staff came in daily to change the sheets, provide new towels, and tidy up the room. The hotel was located, what we felt, was in a safe area (e.g. brightly lit and in a good area) of town. The place met our expectations. We'd recommend this place to our family and friends!"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of May 2006

Watch where you park

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Nice rooms, great breakfast. Park in front. While parked in back we had a headlight stolen out of our car."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of April 2006

Excellent stay at the Homewood Suites

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Homewood Suites near Universal Studio from November 20 through November 25 and we loved it. The room was very clean and spacious. The hotel is conveniently located off I-drive, although it was a bit hard to find at first because it's somewhat hidden behind the Sheraton. It is within walking distance to Universal, and only took us a 15- minute drive to get to all the Disney parks. The breakfast was OK, there were scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, fresh fruits, yogurt, muffins, and make-your-own Belgian waffles. The maid service was also great, our room is always clean with plenty of towels when we got back after spending a day at the parks. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of November 2005

Loved it. Service was excellent. Food was very good!

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"Took a chance at this hotel as I traveled with our 5 children, my wife, and one future son-in-law. Homewood Suites provides a free HOT breakfast every morning and on MTWT nights provides a free HOT managers buffet with complimentary drinks. So, with a good nightly rate and free food (that was very good) - this was a very good deal.

Now this hotel is NOT near International Drive nor Disney nor Universal Studios. We did go to Sea World, which took 15 minutes to drive it. We also went two times to the beach (Cocoa Beach) during the visit. One can easily get back & to this hotel to Interstate 95 (the beaches), by taking Colonial east, which becomes Hwy 50 (a free road).

Overall - an excellent hotel, with very responsive staff that works there."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of November 2005