Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites - Waterpark

GUEST BEWARE!

Reviewed Wed 12th of June 2013

"my family and I stayed over memorial break a the nick hotel for my daughter's 7th bday. In a nutshell, my wedding ring and my band valued at $12,500 was stolen from our room! I have contact ALL of the directors in this hotel and no one has offered any relief. They give you the run around and transfer you from ext to ext. I filed a police report and have legal council. They will not even provide the insurance information so that we can file a claim which is our right under FL law. They claim I "lost it", but it was STOLEN from my room by the clearning crews. I will never go here again and do not recommend any other families to do so either. Aside from my personal property, the resort did not offer anything else bu water activities and pool. Everything else was an extra cost, not to mention the resort fee. The rooms were old and crummy. We travel a lot and have been to other resorts that are better than this. My suggestion: stay at ANY DISNEY resorts. They will bend over backwards to help you as their guests. I should have listen to my friends when they warmed me about this place. "

• Travel date: Wed 12th of June 2013

Loved the Nick HOtel

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We stayed at the hotel for 21 days over the Xmas and New year 2008-09 and it was great. When we first walked in we were greeting by some cast members who joked around with us playing that our vehicle was for sale. Then they moved on to selling our son. It was hilarious and definitely made us want to stay here. We had gotten the one bedroom suite. This was a good size Clean room. It had a separate bedroom with 3 drawers and a full closet just enough room for all our clothes. The room came with a stove, full frig, dishwasher and all the utensils. We were offered the 2 bedroom upgrade for free but stayed with the one bedroom because of the stove. This hotel is huge; the pictures just do not capture the size. We stuck around the hotel for awhile because there was so much to do. My son loved the pools and the poolside entertainment. Getting slimed was one of the highlights of his stay. We stayed on the Oasis pool side which is probably the quieter of the two sides. The activities were non stop. My son had a blast, we as parents had a blast.
The New Years Party was a fun time. They had a DJ with lots of prizes, they showed a movie and cartoons at the Lagoon pool. When the clock hit 12 all the kids were slimmed into the New Year, they even got the first bottle of slim of 2009. We also got tons of hats and party favors. The adults got champagne and the kids got a slim drink to toast in the New Year.
Staying at the hotel for 21 days over both Xmas and New Years we were greeted by all the staff with respect. I do not think I ever saw a staff member who did not smile and say Hello.
The food at the breakfast buffet was ok a little pricey, but having a stove and microwave in our room we did most our dining in our room. We did however utilize the Pizza Hut, Subway, and The Coffee place, the prices we about average and the food was good.

For a hotel in this area to have a kitchen is rare and for the price we got it was incredible. I did surf the website until I found a good deal, it was about $100 a night (you can even get a Disney hotel at this price during the Xmas season)

I am all set to stay again for the Xmas Holidays 2009-10!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of February 2009

Mixed bag of positive and negative

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2012

"On the plus side, our kids really loved this place (ages 11 and 12). The pool area is fabulous, the decor is fun, the shows are energetic, and there is so much for the kids to do. And, since we went in off season, the facilities were not too crowded. On the negative side, the big bed was terribly uncomfortable - my husband and I both had backaches in the morning. Also, some of the onsite pricing is outrageous. For example, we were part of a show and they took pictures of us during the show. A single, regular picture was priced at $20! For a CD of pictures, the charge was $50. At half that price they would have made a huge profit -- we just felt really taken advantage of (and didn't purchase one). We'd recommend this for a shorter stay - and be prepared for some out-of-pocket expenses outside of your room rate."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of February 2009

Greatest family resort ever! Never have to leave.

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Me, my husband, and our two little girls that are 5 & 8 stayed her for our first visit to Orlando. There was SO much to do here that we shouldn't have ever left to do other things in the city. The room we stayed in was extremely clean. Looked as big as an apartment. There was two rooms. one for the kids, decorated like sponge bob with game systems, etc. and one for the adults with a king bed and tons of dressers. EVERYTHING was super nice quality, so much space a family of four had lots of rooms left over. WE WERE AMAZED by the decor, and tons of extras that was FREE with our price of our room. We partisipated in a free movie at the pool, a game of double-dare slime show where the kids had fun getting soaked by slime. There was several resturants, arcades, and little shops in the store. Nick decor is everywhere and the characters are out all the time. Our kids had so much fun, and we enjoyed it just as much. We drove down from TN so we took our car for a short trip to Sea World and also Disney land, but the hotel offers a free shuttle bus to both at different times throughout the day. The traffic was very light, and their was a wal-greens about 1 block away that we stocked up on drinks, chips, etc for $1. Instead of speading our money on vending machines and stores inside the hotel. All together, I wish we wouldn't of left the resort to go to disneyland or seaworld because this resort has more to do for FREE than anywhere around. We plan on comming back next year, and every year at spring break!!!! Its unforgettable, and fun for all of us!! I think me and my husband had more or just as much fun as the kids!! I couldn't say enough!!! 150% satisfaction!!"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of January 2009

We just love it

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We just came from a trip to Orlando and stayed three days in this kids special hotel. The room is good, spacious than a normal two queen bed hotel, it has a room with a queen bed and another nick decoreted room with 2 twin beds. My son (he´s 7) just love the hotel and my daughter (she´s 11) still loved very much. The mall, the breakfast with the character, 4D movies, everything. And specially the SLIME drop at the pool. If you have the opportunity to stay at least two nights there, You´ll love it."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of January 2009

Can't WAIT to go Back!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Ignore the criticism! I booked the hotel, and then read reviews on here that said it was subpar. This is simply not true!

My husband, myself and our three children ages 8, 6 and 4 stayed here for three nights over the Christmas break. It was fantastic. We never left the grounds. The kids played non-stop from open to close in the two fabulous waterpark areas, and whined when it was time to have dinner because they had to leave their playground!

This place is great for adults that want to relax a little. We felt completely safe watching from a lounge chair. You can see your children from virtually every seat, and there are lifeguards posted everywhere! There is a large pool in the lagoon area where toddlers can safely play as well...it is shallow for many feet in.

There are shows daily, and an opportunity to get slimed every afternoon @ 4:45. Also, in the food court area, characters are available to see or take snapshots with every day at lunch time. We got pics w Spongebob, Squidward and Pablo from the Backyardigans. Very exciting for the kids!

The food was great in the restaurant. Buffet was fantastic. Menu had something for everyone. Also, there was a Pizza Hut, Subway and coffee shop in the mall area.

The rooms were clean and well maintained. We got a Spongebob suite, and the kids were thrilled! Flatscreen TV in the main room w a pullout couch, and the adult bedroom was nicely decorated and very comfortable. Remember, this is not a FIVE STAR ritzy hotel...the room is not fancy. Regardless, it was more than I had expected from reading reviews here.

I advise anyone with kids who wants a great time to go to this spot! We had a blast, and will head back soon.

The rooms"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of January 2009

I had a GREAT time!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I had a great time. From the time we pull up in the parking to check in. We arrive about 5 hours early. We were great with the up most respect. The staff was wonderful. We was given an handicapp room, but they change it and also upgrade our room, free of charge. The food was good, the free bus to the amusing park was the best. The parking lot gets full and you might have to park at a different building that you are staying in. But will go again and again."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of January 2009

Not Clean!!

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"Went with my husband and two children for a weekend at the hotel and area attractions. The hotel was less than clean. The elevator smelled of urine, for most of our two night stay. The kitchen area of or room was scary and the crib looked as if it had been slimed. When calling to confirm our reservations we were told they had pack n plays in the hotel. No, they had metal cribs that I had to scrub down to remove dirt, and thanks to the metal our baby has a red mark on her head. If you are used to Disney properties or upper scale hotels pass on the Nick hotel. It was not what we had hoped. It is a hotel that caters to lower class guests."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of January 2009

Wonderful place to stay!

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We took our 5 year old nephew here last week. It was a great place. The room was clean, spacious, and well above what I expected for $125 per night. It had a separate living room area, full kitchen, bath and separate bedroom.

The pool area was also great. Pool was kept very warm so it was no problem getting in even though the air temp was only in the mid 70's. My only complaint is that the water on the water slides was about 40 degrees so we never braved that (although lots of kids did).

We saw the Nickelodeon show (which is free), watched 4-D movies (6 of them for $9.95/person), played in the arcade, etc. They had a character breakfast every morning where Spongebob, Squidward, Dora the Explorer, Diego, etc. would sing and dance and you could take pictures of the kids with the characters. Breakfast was a full buffet; eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits & gravy, order your omelet however you wanted, etc.

They also had a Pizza Hut Express, Subway, and a couple of other little cafes right on site.

We'll definitely go back."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of January 2009

Great value, kids loved it!

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"We spent 2 nights at the Nick hotel. It was a great experience! The suite was great- Dad and I got our own room with a king size bed and the boys crashed on the pull out sofa with their high def tv. They were able to stay up as long as they wanted watching their kid shows while we were able to get sleep without the Nickelodeon channel blaring. The room had a nice kitchenette with a full size fridge, dishwasher, sink, microwave and stovetop--which we didn't need because our $50 meal vouchers each day pretty much covered our meals. The extra vanity and sink were a huge plus when getting ready. The room and all areas of the park were very clean. The kids pretty much had the run of the water park. It was great going during the off season. I bet the place is a zoo during spring break and the summer months. The staff was friendly and was quick to bring extra blankets and coffee. The food court had a Subway and Pizza Hut along with a sit down restaurant. Yes, it is mostly junk food but that's what kids love at a kid resort. I had the chicken avacado club at the restaurant and it was very good. Dad tried the mahi mahi tacos and said they were good also. The three of them were able to play at the arcade for over an hour on $20 so I believe the arcade was reasonably priced compared to other arcades they've been to. All in all, it was a great little get away at an affordable rate of $114/night (total was $302 including taxes and resort fees of $25 per night). We will be going back again!"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of January 2009

We had a great time

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Our family stayed at the Nick Hotel Dec 6, 2008. Based on some of the negative reviews that I had seen on this site, I only booked one night not knowing what we were getting ourselves into. I was wondering if the rooms and the pool would be gross after having so many kids in them. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was very spacious and clean. Although the room wasn't luxurious, I certainly wouldn't expect it to be since this is a kid-centerd hotel. My kids were thirlled with the themed room and the bunk beds. There was a nice little kitchen area to keep snacks and a nice "living room" area for all of us to gather. The activiites were abundant. My kids didn't know what they wanted to do first. They tried the pool and were delighted by the slides. They also enjoyed the poolside activities. One of their favorite activities at the Nick Hotel was the 4D movies. For $10 pp they could watch as many of the 4D movies as they wanted (about 20 minutes long each movie) for their entire stay. We attended the Nick Breakfast and the food was good. The characters spent a good amount of time with each child. Rather than give autographs, the characters stamped their autograph book. We also ate in their food court. My kids LOVE Pizza Hut and Subway, so they were in heaven. The prices were slightly higher than outside the resort, but not too inflated.The shows were cute, but if you missed them, I wouldn't say that your experience at the Nick Hotel was not complete.
I think this is a great place for family with young kids. We had a wonderful, memorable experience. I wished we would have booked this place for another night."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of January 2009