Pool

Great Job

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"I just stayed for a week at this hotel. Wow, hard to tell they just opened. Rooms were a good size - great work space. Ever hotel person I encountered was polite and always asking how was my stay so far - did I need anything. Food was great at both Harvest and through Room Service. Over all great value for price."

• Travel date: 2nd November 2009

Paradise Found!

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"Yes, they did just open, and they are working out a few kinks. But, the place is beautiful and a great place to take your kids. The check in experience was wonderful. We had a few requests and all were granted without hesitation. Jillian was very friendly and helpful. Our room was average size, but furnished well and the bathroom was a good size. The breakfast restaurant and pool restaurant are really good! The service at the pool was unbelievable. They passed out ice towels to cool down, and they were always available to get a drink or food! The staff was great with the kids. We walked over to the Waldorf. It was lovely, but seems more like a place to go without kids. They have a parking garage and charge 13 dollars to self park, which is obnoxious. If you can get past the parking charge, you will have an amazing time there! The pool/ lazy river is a winner!!!!"

• Travel date: 1st November 2009

A Promising New Hotel

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"I spent one night at this hotel after it had been open just 10 days, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Part of the pleasure for me, of course, was that everything was brand-new. The hotel was clearly not very booked, which also was nice from my standpoint because everything was nice and quiet. But beyond that, the hotel has a very classy, sophisticated feel. My room was nice and large and the bed was great - very roomy and comfortable. I also had a great view of the nearby woods and Disney World beyond. The hotel, along with the adjoining convention center and new Waldorf Astoria, are built with huge glass walls on one side that look out over a creek, big pools and poolside amenities that looked relaxing and stylish. We ate dinner at the hotel's main restaurant, and it was quite good. It also looked like they were about to open up a second restaurant and/or bar that looked pretty cool too. We wandered over to the Waldorf and were quite impressed by the hotel's lobby and lounge area. We didn't spend much time there, but the bar/lounge off of the lobby looked like a great place to hang out. The service by all the hotel staff was first-rate. Of course, part of the reason for that may be that there were so few people staying at the hotel. Once it starts to fill up, I hope the service will stay that way. My only minor quibble with the hotel was that the main lobby entrance was so vast and sparse. It really looked like it needs more furniture - maybe it's coming! But otherwise, I would recommend this hotel to others. If you're looking for a nice, quiet, adult-oriented place to stay that's near Disney but doesn't have all the screaming kids and craziness of the Disney hotels, this would be a great option."

• Travel date: 26th October 2009

We haven't decided that yet...

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"I'm a Hilton Diamond VIP and I made a reward reservation here for my husband's birthday.Typically we stay at the Hilton Downtown Disney for special occasions as they always take great care of us. I've been anxious for this newer hotel to open since we are frequent Disney goers. We were given a very nice room with a large sitting / conference room adjacent to our room. I must add that the pool with the lazy river was stunning. The lobby is nice and contemporary yet seems empty and uninviting. Upon check in I asked where the concierge lounge was and was told "We haven't decided if we'll have one yet". I found this odd as I've never stayed at a Hilton without one. Our lovely room had no refrigerator in the room nor in the suite. When I inquired about this (there is clearly a cabinet space in the room already designated for one) I was told "We haven't decided on those yet". As lovely as our room was, there were issues. Lamps with no bulbs, lamps with no place to plug in, thick construction dust and trash behind the furniture. The parking garage was not accepting room key cards for entry / exit as it should. Lastly, I asked the front desk if guests of this Hilton will be allowed access to Disney's extra magic hours like the Hilton at Downtown Disney does. Guess what I was told! "We haven't decided on that yet.' So, until they make some decisions at the Hilton Bonnet Creek, I'll go back to the Hilton at Downtown Disney where they always manage to know what they are doing."

• Travel date: 25th October 2009

Inconsistent at Best

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"Checked in on a Friday at 8pm for a week of leisure. The front desk had guests talking to them at least 10 minutes - I overheard the front desk apologizing and repeating we just opened. My room was not ready - keep in mind it was now 8:30pm. The staff was hit or miss. Said hello and smiled at a housekeeping staff member who then barely made eye contact. This was the same thing with a bartendar and wait staff at the Lobby Bar. Ordered drinks and after 30 minutes of waiting, I approached her and she forgot. Ordered an appetizer, and they forgot as well. Ordered three wines for me and two friends, and they only brought one.....now off to Bull and Bear. Did not order appetizers and had to wait for 90 minutes for entree. We complained and were told there was a mix up - food was awfule - when I told the waitress she said "but you finished it" - hell, after 90 minutes I was about to eat the table! She did offer to bring out something else, but I figured I didn't want to wait any longer. Nothing was taken off the bill. Interesting to note that there was another larger group the same evening and they had the same problem. This was pretty much how it went the entire 6 days. We would order one thing and got something else. We ordered a car service (they don't allow taxi service to sit on site) and were told by a valet we did it wrong, yet we followed the instructions from the front desk - then those two had it out! There was a system wide phone shut down on one day, newspapers stopped after the second day and was told by a staff member that the reason there was no mini fridges where there is an obvious place for one is because they were over budget. Same thing for not having a concierge level. Also, the cost for a cab is $55. The hotel is very pretty. Warms are not huge, but not small either. It would be nice to have a balcony - but the outdoor pools, spa, golf course and amenities are great. All in all, I don't think the staff is on the same page. Hopefully it will only improve over time!"

• Travel date: 24th October 2009

An honest review

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"This is a new hotel. With that comes some kinks and I woud be hard-pressed to find ANY hotel that opened in a top slot. I have been all over the world- I've stayed at Four Seasons, Ritz-Carltons, Aman Resorts, Orient Express, as well as Sheratons, Hyatts, Hiltons, and even the occasional Courtyard and Comfort Inn! I know how to tell the truth, especially about hotels! First... no matter WHERE you stay in Orlando, you're in the middle of nowhere. Orlando is not a big city- you can't walk to anything or catch a bus or a train. Anyone (like a previous reviewer) who thinks this hotel isn't worth it because it's in "no man's land" is clearly an inexperienced traveler. No matter where you stay in Orlando- even if you're staying at Disney, you should have a car. Renting a car offers convenience. The Hilton BOnnet Creek offers complimentary Disney shuttle service... it's convenient, though a little tricky from time to time (where to pick up, the times, etc.). But I found it WAY more convenient than Disney shuttle busses, which come when they come- this hotel at least offered a schedule! And the busses aren't jam-packed, either. They're comfortable, and the driver's know what they're talking about. The restaurants... the Italian restaurant is amazing. I don't think they have enough restaurants for 1000 rooms, but Orlando is full of great eateries, so this didn't bother me much. The pool... loved it (lazy river, zero-entry, waterslide... it was great!). Some things aren't open yet- I'm looking forward going back to experience them sometime! The rooms... the decor is nice, but yes, they are a little small. Not sure what you'd expect from a 1000-room hotel, though. I thought they were comfortable and I was happy. I wish there had been balconies! Service and staff... wonderful! Front desk, Luce, concierge, bellhops, lobby lounge... everyone was lovely- service with a smile. I like the Universal hotels a bunch, and I love the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando, too. But this is definitely now one of my top favorites in Orlando."

• Travel date: 21st October 2009

Good hotel for the money

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"I just got back spending the weekend at this hotel and had a great time. The property is great looking but should be considering it is brand new. I’ve have stayed at many Hiltons before and this is definitely one of the better ones. The staff there was extremely friendly and did everything they could to make our stay great. At checkout there were a few discrepancies on the bill and they did not hesitate to take them off. The room although small, was nicely furnished and had comfortable beds. No complaints about hot water as in a previous review so most likely that problem has been fixed. Only complaint about the room is that ours was very far from the elevator. The pool area was great and had a very nice lazy river, water slide, pool, and hot tub, it however closes at 10 PM. If you are planning on using a tube for the lazy river you should buy one somewhere for a few bucks because it costs $5 to rent one for the day. Parking was $13 a day and internet was $10 a day but at least there was no resort fee. As a response to a previous post, the hotel is very close to Disney but as far as I know does not advertise that they are in walking distance. No, you cannot walk to anything but that is why they have a bus service to the parks and downtown Disney. The bus service was very convenient, easy to use, and the drivers were very friendly. In addition, I had no problem using my cell phone in the building and my boyfriend had no problem using his blackberry."

• Travel date: 20th October 2009

Best Stay Ever

Reviewed 20th March 2013

"Stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek in Orlando near Epcot. We arrived on the second day they opened (Oct 2, 2009). The staff was falling all over themselves to make sure we enjoyed our stay. The hotel was about 25% booked when we arrived and the service was great. From valet to check in/out they did a great job. The pools and facility were were nice since they were so new. Played golf next door at the Waldorf Austoria. It was great with few divots on the whole course. The driving range attendant was even polishing my new rental clubs in between striking them. We had a nice time and all expectations were exceeded. I would recommend this hotel highly."

• Travel date: 14th October 2009

Don't bother

Reviewed 19th March 2013

"We were among the first guest at the new Hilton. Arrived opening day and stayed for 4 nights. Can't say I was impressed. Overall, the staff was friendly, except for the front desk. Check out was a nightmare. Front desk clerk was rude. This is a green hotel which means no paper bill at checkout. Unfortuantely, you can't review the bill on the hotel television either. The front desk clerk was offended that I wanted to see an actual copy of my bill before checking out. Turns out that I was double charged for a breakfast and they had not given me the agreed upon rate which was 3 nights with the 4th free. The clerk acted put out that he had to take the time to make the adjustments to the bill. Rooms are modern and small. Same size room as that found at moderate Disney hotels. Rooms at Grand Floridian, Yacht and Beach Club hotels etc are much larger. Closet is amongst the smallest I've seen for a hotel and if I had been travelling with my entire family of 4 there wouldn't have been enough room for our luggage and clothes. Space for refrigerator was empty. Don't know if this was an oversight or will be installed in upcoming weeks. Major problem...no hot water. We did bring it to the attention of the front desk but problem persisted throughout the stay. At least 3 times we had to run the shower for 15 minutes or longer just to get water warm enough...but water was never hot. Beware, dogs are allowed at this hotel. Personally I am a pet lover but the barking dog at 8:00am on Saturday morning was not what we were expecting after a very late night in the theme parks. Barking continued in the room next to us for over an hour. Pool area is great for a family but beware there is no shade! Waterslide and lazy river will be popular with kids. Restaurants are ok. Service is extremely slow at dinner but maybe they are still working out the timing for food. Quality of food was typical Hilton, nothing special but not terrible. Breakfast buffet is ok with omelets made to order and fresh fruit. Housekeeping was spotty at best. Missing face towels, didn't bother to put cool iron or hair dryer away etc. Not a good sign when housekeeping can't keep one of 45 rooms in order. Had an overnight FedEX sent to the hotel and it took them 36 hours to find it. Twice I had to follow up and prove that it had been delivered to the hotel. Not good for the business traveller if this is what to expect! Website lists transportation to the Disney parks. Only the Magic Kingdom has regular bus service, other parks much less frequent. So don't expect bus service like the Disney hotels because you won't find it. Location is good to Disney parks but you will need a car and you will have to pay for parking in the various theme parks. Always looking for a new place to stay in Orlando but next time we will stay at Disney."

• Travel date: 7th October 2009

Hard Hat Tour

Reviewed 10th February 2013

"Just returned from doing a hard-hat tour there, and the hotel looks spectacular. While not opening for several months, I believe it's going to be one of the, if not THE, nicest properties in the Orlando area. Definitely keep this on on radar!"

• Travel date: 28th February 2009

Hotels near Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek

Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek is also called

• hilton orlando bonnet creek hotel orlando
  • hilton orlando bonnet creek hotel
  • hotel hilton orlando bonnet creek