Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village

• heated pool
  • kids club

Nice place, great Pool

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"I enjoyed this new property as it was new, clean and we had the newest room and building, it was 1 week old so it did have some problems to be expected of new construction, the key cards didn't work at the gate- its a gated property by the way which was ok.. The key cards to our room were malfunctioning and the elevator was being tested. The noise level was fine other than the construction outside of the building next to ours. The property and place was gorgeous, the pool and the falls and outdoor pool bar were awesome, the pool was very warm I might add. We had a pool view and a studio suite- next time I would take the one bedroom for 20.00 more. The only issue I had was the presentation of trying to sell me the club timeshare thing. They said no pressure but wouldn't let me say no- whcih I did in the end and got 20.00 tickets to the Universal Park- a great deal for 2 hours of my time if they offer it its a money saver- but it doesn't apply to kids only adults discounted tickets. The staff was helpful and nice at the front dessk. Very nice place! If you just want a place to stay and not go to the sales thing feel free to just be a guest! The rooms have microwaves, mini fridge and iron and granite countertops with a great shower head. Located next to Outlet shops as well."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of March 2005

Held hostage by Hilton

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Great hotel....horrific customer service.

Let me tell you my story.

My wife and I are currently (3/17) staying HGCC's Tuscany Orlando property. We had visited it previously last year. On a preview trip at Vegas, we booked a VIP package, which gave us 5000 points for $1500. We used that to book this trip and were seriously considering buying here during our stay.

Things were good until just before our sales meeting this morning. My wife was awake all night with the flu, which has been making its rounds through our family. Rather than drag her to the 8:30 a.m. sales meeting and expose her germs to all, I went by myself. I was hopeful of getting our questions answered, negotiating a price for the number of points we needed and either calling her down to sign paperwork and bringing it back to the room.

Wow, was I in for a surprise. I have never been treated more rudely by a sales staff. I was told that my wife had to be there, regardless of her condition and that no one would be available to talk to only me or to answer my questions. I was told that I would have to dial an 800 number (which was the wrong number, by the way) if I didn't care for that response, but that this was "the company position." With that, I was essentially ignored.

Gee, I could only think to myself, "I am paying more than $200 a night so that these people have the chance to sell me something valued at $25,000, and I am being treated like this?"

Rather than make a big deal of things, I finally reached the correct 800 number and found that no one was in the office. I returned to my room and called later, thinking that things would be set straight. Was I ever wrong. When I reached the proper VIP Supervisor and explained the situation (as well as my desire to continue exploring ownership options), I was told that if I did not show up the next day with my sick wife, Hilton would charge me a penalty of $500 (on top of the $1500 I already paid).

Does any of this make sense? We really wanted to own at Hilton. But now, I feel like I have been escorted to the woodshed with a gun to my head (and to that of my wife as well). As I told the Supervisor, if I can attend alone, I may well buy (although that chance is certainly fleeting given the customer service I have seen today). If, on the other hand, I am forced to bring my sick wife to avoid the $500 fine, I will not buy and I also will never stay at another Hilton property again.

Like many of you perhaps, I suspect I was marketed to by Hilton initially because of my Hilton Honors point levels and frequent business travel. That includes booking convention business at times.

In the end, an otherwise good week at a nice Hilton property may well have ended with a purchase. Now, because of some Mickey Mouse (pun intended) rules and shameful marketing tactics, a loyal Hilton customer will be lost forever.

The HGVC Supervisor will get her demand. My wife and I will be at the 90-minute sales meeting before we leave. My wife may be feverish and I may accidentally spill my coffee, but we will be there. But for what purpose?"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of March 2005

First Class all the way

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"I Stayed at this location the first week of Feb 2005 in a one bedroom. It was great, since this property is only about 1 year old it is still so fresh and clean. The checkin was smooth and fast. The room was large with our room overlooking the lake and fountain. The pool was huge and heated, it had several hot tubs and great for a late night soak. The waterfall in the pool was georgous. The staff was friendly and they had lots of activities for all to enjoy. They had a ton of stuff for the kids to do. The rooms have dvd players with bose speakers, awesome and first class as you would expect from HILTON. Stay here with confidence."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of February 2005

Loved It!

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"Stayed at the Hilton for a week in December (too bad it was cold then) and am going back in May. If I could this would be the only place I would stay when I visit Orlando. It's clean, new, just perfect! You can't ask for better!"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of February 2005

Top ratings for the Hilton GVC

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"I stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club on International Drive (8122 Azzerro Way off Vineland Avenue) from January 28 to February 5, 2005. I highly recommend this hotel and give it top marks.

The hotel is new, having opened in early 2004. Being a new hotel, it was very clean and in perfect condition. The theme of the hotel is "Tuscany", and is beautiful.

I stayed in a one-bedroom unit in building 1.

The kitchen had a full fridge, a stove, a dishwasher and a microwave. The counter tops appeared to be real marble. There was plenty of cupboard space and adequate cooking and eating utensils. There was also a coffee maker and a toaster.

The living room contained a large, six person glass-topped table with chairs. There was a couch with a pull out bed, a large comfortable chair with ottoman, and a good sized TV with DVD player.

The bedroom contained a king-sized bed with a very comfortable mattress. There was also a TV in the bedroom, though without DVD player. Open to the bedroom was a double-sized tub with water jets.

The bathroom contained a large, two sink counter-top, an good-sized enclosed shower, and a toilet.

The unit also contained a washer and dryer, and an iron and ironing table.

There was a screened-in porch with the unit, with table and chairs and a porch ceiling fan with light.

The hotel has a deli where you can buy basic food staples plus great deli meats and cheeses.

The staff was friendly and helpful. My entire family came down with a severe flu the morning of our check-in that grew worse as the day and evening progressed. The extreme symptoms (and fear of possible food poisoning from an offsite restaurant - until a virus was diagnosed) required a call to 911 and ambulance service to a local hospital. The hotel must have detected our call to 911 because a supervisor was on hand before the EMS arrived and he asked if we needed anything, and directed the EMS then the ambulance right to our room. Hilton really was there for us. Thank you Hilton!!!

The pool is heated, free-form and was very nice. There were two hot tubs and a children's pool, as well as sprinkler fountains for the kids. On check-out, I saw a sign posted for a "Dive-in Movie", where you could lounge in the pool while a movie was projected on a big screen somewhere near the pool.

Other major benefits included a new Publix grocery store (open 7am-10pm) and a new Walgreen's pharmacy (open 24 hours) literally right across the street from the Hilton.

The drive from the Hilton to Walt Disney World was reasonably quick using Vineland Avenue turning right onto 535 for a very short bit, then using the left lane of 535 to get onto I-4 West, then off exit 67 for Epcot or exit 65 for the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom or Disney MGM Studios.

Note: there is a half-court for basketball right next to building 1. It was too cold most days (Jan/Feb) for people to be out playing basketball during my stay, but once I did hear from my room that distinct and incessant thud-thud-thud that accompanies the bouncing of a basketball. I recommend that you request a room far away from the basketball court.

Overall, this is a fantastic hotel in a great location. I highly recommend it, and I will stay there again."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of February 2005

Great Place to Stay

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed here earlier this month, and the property exceeded our expectations, especially for the price! It's located in a still-developing area of I-Drive, and it's obviously more upscale than the nearby Lake Buena Vista area. It's convenient to everything (I-4, WDW, Sea World, chichi outlets next door, etc.), and the grounds were absolutely beautiful. We had a room overlooking the pool, but it was located right next to the elevator, so it was noisy because the doors were thin. We asked to change rooms, but none were available. However, the front desk did call us twice about the room status update. The noise being located by the elevator was the only detraction, and the Hilton GVC was great otherwise. We would definitely stay here again.

My husband earned HHonors points, as well as a bonus, for this stay, unlike what a previous poster mentioned. Also, we were never contacted to participate in the timeshare presentation, like we had anticipated. There were several couples/families being shown around, so they may have had enough potential buyers, but we were glad that we weren't one of them."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of January 2005

Excellent location for the shopper

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"We could not ask for a better stay and a more beautiful hotel!!
The rooms were great and the location by the mall was excellent. The decour everywhere was very soothing and relaxing. We have stayed at the other Hilton Grand in Orlando and this one even tops that!"

• Travel date: Mon 24th of January 2005

exellent place tyo stay

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"just returned after staying for 17 days,accomodation was excellent,definatley a hilton jem,easy access to all areas, but away from the main hub of I-Drive,even if you don't drive, thye have shuttle busses and I-drive trolleys stop outside the complex,the heated pool was huge and hot,will definatley return here,mabey a little pricy but worth it,best is Premium outlet is just a short walk away along with supermarkets, Mc donalds subway and a few other eateries,they also do good foood to order at the onsite delijust ideal for relaxing after hectic days at the parks."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of January 2005

Love Hilton....Stay here and you will

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We upgraded to International Drive from the Sea world property in January 04, Since then we have stayed here twice. The property is great the service great. We have a 5 yr old and 6 yr old. The kids program is....well GREAT. The counselors are very professional and well trained. They interact with the kids, not just babysitters. The Sea world property was so great I didn’t think it could be topped. Well Hilton did it! I highly recommend you stay here one and you’ll never stay anywhere else. We looked and stayed at 5 Timeshare properties before buying at Hilton. We called it our second home."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of December 2004

Great for the Family or single traveller

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"Stayed at the Hilton GVC I-Drive back in July 2004. I wanted to stay off the busy area of I-Drive but with a good location to all attractions.

This is a fairly new development, it's not a normal Hilton Hotel that we Brits would expect, it's a timeshare complex (like others have mentioned). However it's a Hotel for you and me, the rooms have a small kitchette (well mine did) which is great, as there is a Publix Superstore across the road where you can buy fresh produce. So you can have breakfast on your balconey in the morning.

The gym is ok, small, but as long as there is no more than 4 people in there you should be fine. The Pool is excellent and towels are provided.

One thing I didn't like was the phone call to be invited to be shown around the complex and get asked to think about getting a Timeshare with Hilton GVC. However if you do go along they may knock a nights stay off your bill.

Location wise it's perfect, look at the maps and the two roads (not I-Drive) leading to the complex can give you access to the Disney and I-4 within minutes. Best to use the I-4 as it cuts out all the traffic signals along I-Drive... I would stay at this hotel again for sure..."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of October 2004