Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection

About Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando, Autograph Collection

• baggage storage
  • express check in check out
  • fax photocopying
  • massage
  • shoeshine
  • pets allowed
  • newspaper
  • gift shop amenities
  • hot tub
  • heated pool
  • paid private parking on site
  • babysitting
  • allergy free room
  • rooftop pool

The best in the area!

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"This is perhaps the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. It must be experienced - the art, the decor, the SWANK of this place is simply off the charts. The rooms are very well appointed (typical for a Westin) and the lounge and bar are the best place to be in downtown Orlando on a Fri/Sat night. I actually moved to Orlando after several stays at this hotel and now spend many an evening at this hotel's lounge listening to live jazz and sipping a martini. Even if you don't stay here, stop by to check this out.

The restaurant is good, a bit expensive, and a just a bit “blah” food-wise - but they are working that out one dish at a time, and their Sunday Jazz brunches are NOT to be missed! If you are looking for a unique, comfortable and fun upscale hotel, do NOT pass this up!"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of May 2004

We were very impressed

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Prior to booking this hotel we read the reviews on your site and was happy but hesitant. Once we arrived at the hotel we were taken away.
From the time we drove up to the valet parking we were greeted immediately. Once in the picturesque lobby we were impressed. Check in was simple and the staff at the desk gracious. Our room was on the 9th floor and even though someone spoke about the darkness of the room we thought there was sufficient lighting for a hotel room. I took the kids to the pool on the 6th floor and was really impressed with it being heated and the seating area was "tented off" with towels readly available. We were really impressed by the amount of pillows on the queen size beds and the beautiful art displayed every where thourghtout the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Universal Studios because it was a 10 minute drive with easy access to the park. The only draw back to this trip was the $18 per night valet parking fee."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of April 2004

Average Hotel

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"My fiance surprised me with a room on the consierge floor on New Years.
Don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful time, but not a place that i woud want to stay for more than a night or two. I found the room very dark and the hotel staff was stuck up. We were missinformed about the time for breakfast so when we got there they were breaking down. I can't say that i would say there again, especially for the price and all that you don't get."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of February 2004

Wish we would have stayed here longer.

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"We checked in for one night on Feb. 11th due to a change in our scheduled flight. From the valet, to the check in staff everyone was most friendly and helpful. The hotel is a little dark but it is  trendy and very interesting, it has a lot of personality. From the black sparkling elevators to the lush purple drapes and couch everything seemed to cater to the senses. Then the bed oh the Heavenly bed is just that  Heaven words can t even describe this bed; it is unlike any hotel bed I ve ever slept on! The hotel does however charge for every little thing and I mean EVERY little thing. Parking at $18.00, $7.50 for gummy bears in the room, $5.00 for a bottle of water that would cost maybe $1.50 at 7-11. Other then the extra charges, the room was very nice and comfortable, the kind of place that you can walk around with bare feet and not feel weird about it (like in most hotels). The bath robes were great, and so was the view from the 15th floor. After parking, we didn t want to hassle with getting our car in and out from the valet s, so we walked to dinner. We went to Gino s about a block from the hotel, the pizza and subs are great. Gino s is who the hotel recommended through the express service button on the phone (that was very helpful). Another feature that we found helpful was the free flight tracker through the TV (yes that is actually free). Overall, we had a wonderful experience at this hotel and would stay there again for sure, the bed was just like being at home, clean, crisp and comfy."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of February 2004

December 2003

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"I have stayed at the Grand Bohemian 3-4 times in December and January 2004. Great hotel!

I have held several meetings on the 5th floor. The rooms are very nice and the artwork is a nice touch. I've found the staff to be very helpful. The only drawback to the meeting rooms is that you cannot hold a true working session with flips charts and other brainstorming activities because the walls are already covered with painting, etc.

The rooms are very clean, well maintained and nicely decorated -- although you might not agree with the style as previously stated in other reviews.

The food is very well done, but is still priced slightly higher than I would expect. The deserts are great.

The front desk staff is friendly, but don't expect then to budge on much. You don't get much help when you want something out of the ordinary. Not very flexible.

Finally, if you are looking for some NBA player sightings, the Westin is the place to be. On several of my trips I shared elevator rides with teams visiting (and beating this season) the Magic."

• Travel date: Sat 31st of January 2004

Amazing hotel!

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"We stayed at the Westin Grand Bohemian for one night on a recent trip to Orlando. We loved it! We stayed in a king non-smoking room. The bed is incredible comfortable--both firm and soft at the same time. We requested allergy friendly (no down) bedding, which delayed our check in a bit. But while we waited for our room they let us into the concierge lounge, which had a large screen TV, free appetizers and non-alcoholic drinks, and a great bartender (the staff in general was very helpful). We ate in the hotel's restaurant twice--for dinner and breakfast--and it was expensive, but the food was delicious. I highly recommend this hotel!"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of January 2004

Fabulous Property

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"I am a frequent visitor to Orlando for business and pleasure and I also travel extensively throughout the United States for my job. This hotel is definitely one of the best I have ever stayed in. If you enjoy being immersed in culture, fabulous artwork, exquisite furniture and architecture, luxurious linens, and posh surroundings, you will love this hotel. The staff is very eager to make your stay an enjoyable one and The Boheme restaurant is phenomenal. It is located in the heart of Downtown Orlando across from City Hall in an area experiencing a true urban renaissance. It is short walking distance to restaurants, downtown nightlife, and the TD Waterhouse Centre. I cannot understand when people complain about hotel parking prices and valet services. ANY hotel you go to in any major urban area, parking will be limited and very expensive and you will most likely have to valet! That is something you come to expect when you stay at a downtown hotel in any city. In any event, this hotel gets 5 start from me hands down. I am glad to see that downtown Orlando has such a great lodging option now."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of January 2004

Terrible experience

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"My wife and I were looking for a "4star" hotel to stay for our anniversary. The Grand Bohemian carries a good reputation, so we purchased a room that costed nearly $400 for a one-night stay. Paying for the luxury suite should have come with some perks, but they got everything from room service to our billing wrong. It was an awful experience and I just recently found out they billed me an extra $200 and cannot justify the charge. Needless to say, I would not recommend this hotel at all. especially with the available competition in Orlando."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of November 2003

Not what it's cracked up to be

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"The Westin Grand Bohemain boasts about it's 4 star rating, but truth be known, its all smoke and mirrors. They are a motel 6 with a Ritz cover.
The rooms are too dark and the maintenance of the rooms and facility are ok not exceptional. The hotel is small in nature and the swimming pool is nice but too small. The workout facilities are also small. I ate at the hotel restaurant and I was not impressed, too over priced for the quality of the food. My over all experience was a disappointment, its not a 4 star it's more like a 3 1/2 rating. For a true 4-5 star hotel I would probably stay at the Ritz or Grand Floridian."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of November 2003

Perfect for magicians and dark souls

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"I just stayed at the Westin Grand Bohemian from Oct 10-13, 2003. My feelings are mixed in this hotel since the surroundings are so dark and dreary plus some other downfalls. It is a nice hotel in an awful location. They are off a one way street that is nearly impossiblew to find since the street address go from high to low and then high again.
Also, each time you forget something in your car or want to drive somewhere, expect to pay $5-$10 to the valet guys since you have absolutely no other way to get to your vehicle. This was super inconvenient. Also, don't think you can check in before 3 p.m. You must "store" your luggage in some room outside of the hotel and wander around downtown Orlando for hours before you can check in. The rooms are incredibly dark...poop brown painted walls with jet black trim and very gaudy deep purple couches and curtains. The pictures on the walls look like death themselves. The ugly statues and fixtures outside the rooms can be overlooked though. I have stayed in many a hotel I would consider much more beautiful and convenient than the Grand Bohemian. If you have to pay over $149/night for this hotel, please consider something else."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of October 2003