Main Pool Area

Amazing place

Reviewed 22nd September 2009

"The Floridays resort is a very nice place, I could not pick out one fault with it. Its clean, the staff are friendly and very helpful and the rooms are a really good size. It is easy to get from Floridays to the theme parks. There is and I-Ride bus stop right outside the resort which takes you up international drive, its about 15 mins from seaworld, 30 mins on the free shuttle bus to Universal, 30 mins on the free shuttle to Disney making the position of the hotel absolutely perfect. Would highly recommend this place. "

• Travel date: 18th September 2009

Great New Resort near everything! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"We stayed here in Sept and Really loved this place. Brand new with everything you would need in the room to make you feel at home. Pool is very nice with an area for kids. Close to shopping and all the attractIons. Highly recommend this place to stay while in Orlando!"

• Travel date: 21st September 2006

Flori-days of fun and sun!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"Me and my partner stayed at Floridays hotel during the first 2 weeks in September and wow!!!!!! what a hidden secret. As anyone who knows Orlando will tell you International Drive is the best place to stay. Floridays is at the southern end, positioned between Discovery Cove (you must pay thid place a visit) and Premiium Outlets Shopping Mall (be warned credit cards are in danger of being over used!!!!!!!!!!). It's also only 10 mins from Universal and Disney. Whilst the hotel is new and still under consrtuction the management team have done a great job of hiding this. The pool is area is superb - never over crowded and immaculate - they told us next year the resort will have it's own water park!!!!!!! can't wait - but no doubt prices will have to increase for a hotel of this standard. The rooms are clean, spacious and well equiped - 37" HD LCD TV's!!!!!!!! The bathroom even had a walk-in shower and jacuzzi bath for relaxing after a day at the parks. Give this place a try as an alternative to a villa or a hotel as this place offers the best of both and more!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: 18th September 2006

This resort gets Thumbs Up!

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"What a great place to stay! Rooms are fully equipped and beautiful. The pool is really nice with a childs area. Children's Playroom was loved by the kids. Close to all the parks and ammenities. They are finishing the first phase construction so it can only get better, but I don't see how."

• Travel date: 16th September 2006

Best Florida Stay Yet

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"We stayed at Floridays late August early September. What a great find! We went with another family and were comfortably accomodated in one 3 bedroom suite. 10 people in all, no problem. They are beautifully decorated with a south pacific feel. The bathrooms are lovely and extremely large. The staff was helpful and polite, providing all the info we needed for getting around the area. Floridays location is perfect, close to everything. Publix right up the road will stock up your fridge. We were in building B. There is a walkway from C that takes you past a lovely pond into the back gate of the pool. Feels like a shorter walk than from B which takes you past the parking lot to the front gate. But either B or C is good if you want to be close to the pool, which is one of the nicest I've seen yet. Next time we will probably request a room on the first floor so we can skip the elevator and walk right to the pool. There is still construction going on but we were never disturbed by it. We already decided that we will be staying there again next year. Highly recommend this resort."

• Travel date: 11th September 2006

Loved Floridays Resort Orlando - London UK

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"Stayed at this resort August to September for two weeks with our children 20 and 13. Very surprised when we entered the condo. Could not fault it. Lovely bedrooms, kitchen with utensils, jacuzzi in the main bathroom seperate shower, clean bedding and sheets. Washer dryer, very quiet. Could not hear construction going on. Great pool, lovely staff. Convienent for the theme parks, malls and for Walgreens and Publix. Will be staying there again."

• Travel date: 9th September 2006

A very nice place to stay.

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"Stayed here during the last week of August for one weeks time going into Labor Day. We a family of four. The hotel really filled up starting that Thursday but it never seemed like there was a lot of people. We were in building B. Overall, It was a very pleasant and enjoyable stay. The staff was very friendly and offered to help amny times. 30 Minutes after we got to the condo, We recieved a call asking us if everything in the room was fine and it was. I liked this since the first week we stayed a disney resort and no one called us. We hated that disney place we were in. No Disney magic there. They call it a moderate resort. More of a sleazy resort. But that is for another review. We rented a 3 bedroom unit and it was huge. Had a full kitchen with every utensil, cups, mugs, plates, and pots and pans you can imagine. Had a washer and dryer, and sitting in the Jacuzzi tub, each night was nice. The first hotel I stayed in that has a decent number of tv channels for watching. Shower pressure was great. A very nicely decorated unit not overly done like some of the other Condos we had stayed at before. The kids loved the pool and when we were there it was never crowded and a few times we had the pool to ourselves. The other guests I talked to seemed to be happy with the place, as well. They are still in the process of building and was told a second pool was to be open in two weeks bhind Building D. When it does this would really make the pools even more relaxing with less people. It was never crowded anyway. Like I said, overall it was a very nice place and would definitely stay there again. Housekeeping was great except for this one person on a Thursday. Who seem as if she just came in and made the beds, left some towels and took out the garbage. Other times the housekeeping people gave it a touch of class with the bathroom towels and the amenities and was cleaner . Other observations for improvements would be if they can change their central air filters. Was caked with a layer of dust. Which made the air intake very loud. For some reason the Master bedroom never got real cool. But the ceiling fan helped make it comfortable. I think there was something wrong with the thermostat as well. never really worked right, the air ran non-stop unless I turned it to the off position. There were signs for the house phone in the hallways but never saw one phone in any of the outlets underneath the signs on any of the floors. The security could be a bit better as well. it just seem as iff any one could have walked into the building and hide out somewhere. How about having a card key slot for entering the building, Management. To their credit, they did have a guy drive around and walk around the premises. But again, I would not hesitate to stay there again. We loved the place. Will defitely look to come back when we do our trip to orlando again next year."

• Travel date: 5th September 2006

Had a Great Time at The Resort

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"We found no problems with our stay at Floridays. Rooms were very nice(new) and even had Plasma TV's. The pool was a fun place for the family to hang out , the kids loved the water features. The restaurant food by the pool was very good. We found the workers at the hotel to be upbeat and helpful with directions and anything that we needed for our room. Would recommend Floridays to anybody coming to Orlando , right now the prices are low because of construction of new buildings(did not affect our stay) but I am sure when they are done the prices will go up and they should!"

• Travel date: 26th August 2006

I was VERY disappointed

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"I don't even know where to begin...First of all because this is new construction it was VERY difficult to find the entrance of the property. Check in was pretty smooth. The desk clerk informed me that I was getting the "last room" because they just completed my unit that day. When we got to the unit I must admit it was beautiful at first glance. I was in Building D, room 108 on the first floor. A closer look revealed that Floriday's was under a time crunch to complete this unit in order for them to gain some revenue that week. There was paint in the room that was not all the way dry. There was no toilet paper holder and the toilet paper was on the floor (HA!). There were even taped areas that were left on the walls from the painters. The furniture still had taped wrapping in certain areas. The bed in the Master Bedroom was the incorrect size for the box spring and they tried to compensate by putting on an eggshell topper. This only made the bed more uncomfortable than it probably should have been. Please don't let the "daily" maid service claim fool you...I don't call the maids putting clean towels on the dining room table & barely making the beds maid service! We had to call EACH day for soap and to complain that the maid service was sub-par!!! I didn't expect this from a resort that claimed to be top of the line. The floors were never swept. The sinks, tubs, and showers were also not cleaned. The trash wasn't even removed!!! We also had problems with bugs. I know there are bugs in Florida, but I don't need to see SEVERAL in my hotel room. I woke to go in the bathroom to see several black bugs crawling on the floor and a HUGE black spider. I called & told the manager who assured me that they would be sending someone to spray. (the person never came) The very next morning I was awakened by one of my guests screaming at the top of her lungs because there was a HUGE spider (not the same one...I killed that one) crawling on her. This was just too much. I booked this "fabulous" place to take my family for a short getaway, and I was thoroughly embarrassed when all these issues arose. I did get a decent price since the place is still under construction, but it was NOT worth the aggravation. You don't go on vacation to deal with all these issues or to complain about them to management and basically get ignored. By the way (since I am sure management will bring this up) I was not charged for one night's stay. WOW! Big deal after my vacation was ruined! BEWARE!!!"

• Travel date: 20th August 2006

The Best Time Ever!

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"I loved this hotel!!!!! Me and my family went from July 26th - August 3rd and had a great time. The rooms were spacious and soooooooo comfortable. The housecleaning was excellent, the staff was polite and helpful. The jacuzzi was awesome and the pool was great. This hotel was great. No problems what so ever. Looking forward to next year. My nephew loved the pool and the adults that traveled with us thought the hotel overall was fantastic!!!!! See ya next year! Thanks to Kim (front desk), was very polite and friendly (helped us locate nearby places and offered suggestions) as well as the rest of the staff!"

• Travel date: 14th August 2006

Do Not Stay at this Hotel

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"Just returned from an 8-day stay at Floridays Resort Orlando. We had a 2-bedroom unit. The unit is not as big as it sounds in the Expedia description, and maintenance and security are extremely poor. We found out on the first day there that the balcony sliding door lock did not work. Had to call maintenance to get it rectified. You will see paint splashes on the tiles; folding doors separating the master bedroom and bathroom could not close properly to name a few problems. Could not recommend this hotel to anyone expecting first class accommodations. Beware - Housekeeping left the unit door open while we were out and there was evidence of someone rummaging through our personal belongings. We left our unit at about mid-day and returned at midnight only to find the front door left open. The night latch was used to prevent it from closing. The room was not completely cleaned, housekeeping personnel or some random person who could have gone into the unit, since housekeeping left the door open, clogged the bathroom toilet with what looked like paper towels. The General Manager did nothing to sort out the situation. We were not even offered a room change. We spoke with him the night of the incident and he promised to call us in the morning at 9:30. We waited until almost 10:00 and no call so we resorted to going to the front desk only to be told that he was not there. He totally ignored us even though the matter was very serious. He finally surfaced at almost 11:00 am even though he was told that we were checking out that morning and had a flight to catch. He was disinterested in what we had to say and only annoyed us with the constant smirk he had on his face. The security seems to be very poor as we inquired about surveillence cameras in the corridors which could help us find out who went into our room and were told that they did not have any. We left very dissatisfied with how he handled the situation. We will never stay at this resort again and we could not possibly recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: 24th July 2006