Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort

About Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort

• self serve laundry
  • baggage storage
  • car hire
  • express check in check out
  • fax photocopying
  • french amenities
  • newspaper
  • hot tub
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • kids stay free
  • portuguese amenities
  • fence around pool
  • allergy free room

Good

This hotel is a really great buy. The h...

Reviewed Sat 24th of March 2007

"This hotel is a really great buy. The hotel is clean, convenient to both Universal Studios and I-Drive, but tucked away from the main drag. They have a very nice breakfast buffet included in the price.

We stayed at a much more expensive hotel this year (twice the price) and were very disappointed. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Travel date: Sat 24th of March 2007

Nice staff, clean rooms

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Great hotel for the price! Staff is friendly and accomodating. Rooms are not luxurious, but are good for a short stay. Restaurants within walking distance. Only a short drive from Mall at Millenia."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of November 2005

Loved This Place

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Stayed at this FairField for 2 weeks in August 05 and it was by far the best FairField we have experienced.The room was exceptionally clean and the desk staff and management were wonderful.At one point I developed computer problems and the Front Desk Supervisor who once worked for a computer store came to the room and corrected my problem...He went above and beyond in my opinion and saved me a $200 computer repair bill. If in Orlando you must stay here."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of October 2005

Great Service, Clean Hotel, Friendly staff

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"As a Travel Agent, i do get a lot of perks with staying at hotels for free. I also usually stay for free, and get treated well after front desk agents know where I am from.
I did pay the full rate at this hotel, and I was still treated really well. I enjoyed having the comp. breakfast every morning. The front desk staff were very helpful for dirrections, and keeping smiles on their faces every time I saw them. The room was very clean when we arrived, and it didn't smell like Mildew, like the way it does when you usually walk into a hotel room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to the parks that are a short drive away, and walking distace from the studios.
Patty in San Antonio"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of September 2005

A Tale Of Two Weekends

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Visted the Fairfield Inn Universal in the middle of June. Booked for two seperate weekends and was generally impressed by the reviews.

The first weekend, you could not fault them. Very polite staff and recognition of the fact that I was a Marriott Rewards member. However, after a week away travelling around Florida, came back and things were slightly different. Despite being 10 miles from MGM Studios, the staff were unable to assist on any questions regarding the Disney property as Universal was their priority. Even questions on park opening times were answered with 'we don't know that and don't do that' without so much as reference to a phone number.

The real annoyance - the first visit saw our rooms cleaned and ready within a short space of time (coming back to the hotel at 2pm and everything was ready) yet the second time around, while cleaning carts were on our floor and outside our room, there was still nothing done by 5pm. The apologies and offers to be moved to another room were appreciated but I still found it odd.

As for convenience, the hotel is across the street from Universal but that would still mean a good 20 minutes walk so a car or shuttle bus will do it. Drugstore is a minute's walk from the hotel as are plenty of restaurants (try Kobe which is a great place to eat or to get takeaway). Freeway is very close by and many of the big malls (Florida, Millenia and the Outlet rubbish places are just a few minutes away).

All in all, both stays satisfactory, just the way things changed in only a week means this place gets 3 stars."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of July 2005

Father's Day Weekend Stay

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Stayed here with our family for Father's Day weekend. We live in Daytona Beach and decided to take the kids to Orlando for the weekend. This hotel is approximatly 1 block North of the Universal Studios Enterance. Not within walking distance but a short 5-7 minute car ride will get you into Universal's parking garage. As the wife of a commerical airline pilot I have stayed in hotels all over the world from 5* to 1*. I found this hotel exceptionally clean. The front desk agent, Darren, was very professional as well as the rest of the hotel staff. Breakfast was available from 7-10am with a plentiful selection. It was nice to let the kids swim in a pool that wasn't full of people. pool towels were always in supply. The exercise room had all the basic equipment for a daily work-out. In my opion as a "local" floridian if your looking for a clean moderate hotel without all the hype and don't want to "pay the mouse to stay at his house" LOL this is the perfect spot. Those that find this hotel less than adequate need to pay $300-$500 a night and stay at the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of June 2005

Wonderful Stay, Convenient, Great Price

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"The room and property were very clean. It was close to Universal Studios (city walk has a great night life!!!) as well as the major highways. It was convenient to get to other attractions. The staff were all pleasant, the events desk was very helpful (you can even pay for attraction tickets at the hotel if you wish). The continental breakfast was very good and well stocked up to the end time they were offering it. All in all, my stay there was quite pleasant and I would definately stay there again as well as other Fairfield Inns."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of April 2005

Watch the rates!

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"We recently stayed at the Fairfield when we were in Orlando. Great location if your going to Universal Studios. They have a shuttle bus that takes you to and from the park. The rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was good: waffles, cereal, yogurt, donuts, ect. My only warning is the rates. We are AAA members and were quoted rates over the phone, when we were checking out not one single night out of our 3 were the price we were quoted. After too much discussion, the front desk clerk fixed the rates. I would stay there again, but I would have my rates in writing!"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of April 2005

Good choice for budget travelers

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Stayed here March 29-31. Business trip for me....wife and son along for pleasure.

To make a general statement, the freindly, competent staff does a good job of keeping things running smoothly. I actually had two different rooms. My first night I was in a standard room with two double beds. The second two nights, when my wife and son arived, I was upgraded to a suite (as a Marriott platinum member).

The hotel is centrally located for a number of attractions. The equivlilent of a couple of blocks from Universal Studios. The adventurous could walk there, but this would involve a bit of time as well as crossing at least one very busy street. Disney is about 10-30 minutes away, depending on your specific destination and traffic. Our visit was during spring break week, and visitors should be aware that this area can get quite congested at times.

Both the standard room and the suite are clean, roomy, well-appointed, and well-maintained. The "suite" is actually a larger room with a divider seperating it into a sleeping area, then a sitting area with a second TV and sleeper sofa. Excellent setup for families. Beds and pillows are clean and very comfortable

Note that suite was handicapped acceccable....with a barrier free bathroom. This means no tub and a walk-in shower with no curtain, stall, tub, or barrier of any type. Younger children will have to be watched to avoid getting water everywhere. (The regular rooms have standard hotel bathrooms, which are clean and relatively spacious).

Don't come here looking for a resort atmosphere. The immediate surroundings are basically a few strip malls, a couple of busy traffic arteries, and a few other motels. The smallish pool is clean and just fine for kids looking for a little end-of-day fun. Its perfectly clean and comfortable, but don't look for a "big time Florida hang-out-luxurating-by-the-pool experience".

One big plus is that there are a few restaurants within walking distance. Carraba's Italian, a Chinese Buffet, and a Burger King. Also right across the parking lot was a place we especially liked...the Orlando Ale House. Sort of a cross between a sports bar/Florida fish house. Lively fun atmosphere, good food/reasonable prices. Ideal for adults as well as familes (kids menu available).

There's also a Walgreen's drug store across the parking lot. Handy for stocking up on neccessities.

All in all a very good choice for families on a budget."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of March 2005

Great choice

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"My stay at this hotel was great. I could not believe it was only a two star. The room was roomy and very clean. They had decent continental breakfast and the employees were very friendly. However, it is not in walking distance of Universal (I would recommend renting a car peirod in Orlando unless you are going to stay at an actual property located at Universal or Disney)."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of March 2005

Good ban for the buck

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Visited Orlando via Ft Lauderdale for a weekend getaway and had a great time. The hotel accomodations were fantastic for what we spent. Hotel is located directly across the street from Universal, good sports/food spot just across the parking lot and room was clean, quite, and comfrotable."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of November 2004

Hotels near Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort is also called

• Fairfield Inn & Suites Hotel
  • Universal Studios
  • Fairfield Inn Orlando

Similar hotels around Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort