Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld

• newspaper
  • spanish amenities
  • hot tub
  • heated pool
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • kids stay free
  • portuguese amenities
  • atm on site
  • korean amenities

LOVED it!!

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Although we were at the Magic Kingdom, and this hotel is next to Seaworld, we (my Mom who is REALLY FUSSY) booked this hotel because it was NEW (opened July 1). The rooms were GREAT. Modern and CLEAN. The lobby was really nice and modern and CLEAN. Breakfast area was CLEAN. (Catch a theme here?...Yes we are the LYSOL family but everything was so clean that we did not have to wipe anything down). The staff were super nice. The girl cooked my waffle for me in the morning because I could not figure the waffle maker out. (Yes I am domestically challenged). The pool area was excellent. The wade-in part was awesome-my 3 kids (6,3,1) had a blast.
This location is RIGHT NEXT to Seaworld, so if you are going there, I would definitely recommend this place. Like I said, we were at Magic Kingdom that day, but the hotel was only 15 minutes away - Well worth the drive for the $50.00 I paid for the night. I travel quite a bit and thought this hotel was EXCELLENT."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of August 2009

Clean and comfortable

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.
When we got there we were surprised to find it was very clean, new, and comfortable (we booked our king room for $60/night)--the lobby area is very cozy and modern and the front desk people are extremely helpful and considerate. They even greeted us every time we walked through the door.
The room was also clean, spacious, and looked incredibly new.
The breakfast was good--they offered bagels, toast, make-your-own waffles, yogurt, cereals, pastries, donuts, etc. Many of these items were gone by the time we got there, so if you're wanting something specific, you may want to get there a bit early.
We thought Sea World would be right next door. It is, but the entrance is somewhat far...so it's about a mile walk. HOWEVER--Shuttle service to Sea World was FREE and very very easy. Just make sure to sign up for a seat on the bus the day before, as the buses are somewhat small and seating is limited.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much and would definitely stay there again.

P.S. If you're looking for great pizza, try a place called Pizza & Subs....a few minutes away, right next to the Publix."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of August 2009

Amazing rooms, awesome pool area, knowledgeable desk staff

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I've stayed at many Fairfield Inns and this hotel is several steps above the rest! This hotel is brand new and next to seaworld! The rooms are clean and fresh. The pool has a seaworld theme with shamu whale tale which all the kids loved. Also, the front desk staff recommended a local restaurant hot spot minutes away. This hotel has it all. If you are planning a vacation to Orlando this is the perfect hotel!"

• Travel date: Thu 13th of August 2009

Good Value for What I Paid

Reviewed Wed 6th of March 2013

"Hotel is fairly new and is "across the street" from SeaWorld. Even though it is next to SeaWorld, if you plan to walk to the park, it is a mile hike because the park only has a couple of entrances.
Checked in early, no problem, didn't visit the room because we wanted to get to SeaWorld. Arrived back to hotel late afternoon, opened my door with my room key, and found another couple staying in the room.
Front desk moved me to another room.
Complementary breakfast is not for everyone...high carb selection of cerals, waffles, pastries, all high sugar items. No protein unless you count the yogurt. Don't expect much food wise.
T.G.I. Friday's on the premises. Food was good.
Room was exceptionally clean. Hotel and pool were spotlessly clean.
Very convienient location to SeaWorld.
This is not a 5 star property, but for the price paid, I was happy."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of August 2009

Stay next door at Springhill Suites, they share a pool and the service is better.

Reviewed Thu 7th of March 2013

"Do not stay longer than 3 days! Overall it was not a bad stay because we spent alot of time at the parks. My sister booked a room and I booked 2 rooms and asked that they be in close proximity. One for a week and one the night before and 2 nights after a cruise. We checked in on Saturday. For the first nite we were on different floors and after the cruise we were on the same floor but around a corner at opposite ends of the building.The original room they gave me for a week did not have a fridge and microwave so we requested a change. We should have stayed where we were and used the cooler. Initially, the light/outlets/tv didn't work at the front of the room so they ran an electrical cord across the floor to make the tv work and they fixed it on Tuesday. Wednesday the air conditioning leaked and it took 3 days to fix that, which then left the room 'musky'. My other sister upon arriving, opted to go next door to springhill suites-the hotels share a driveway/pool/pizza area. The service was better and the internet was free the entire length of their stay (not at Fairfield-only the first night). The continential breakfast bar was ok, Springhiill had eggs and meat. The hotels were the same price and both Marriott-but unfortunately I will not be staying at this Marriott brand again. While the front desk staff was very courteous, they didn't accommodate the booking and there was an incident with the maids on our floor arguing (using profanity) because one took cups off another's maids cleaning cart. Miss "Profanity" then wanted to know what my daughter was looking at during the argument-we reported it to the front desk and it was taken care of."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of August 2009

Nice new hotel

Reviewed Mon 4th of March 2013

"We stayed here for one night on July 8. We found the hotel to be nice and clean and new-smelling ...it had not even been open for a week! We arrived earlier than our check-in time, and they accommodated us - no problem. The first room they sent us to had not been cleaned yet (the maid was working on the room next door), but when I called the front desk, the clerk apologized immediately, and met us at the elevator to bring keys for another room. That room was fine - everything worked well, and it was nice and clean. The TGIF in the front of the hotel was a plus, and we enjoyed dinner there, before coming back to our room for the night. We did not use the pool facilities, but the "Splash Zone" as it was called - certainly looked exciting... We were a little disappointed in the breakfast offerings the next morning, as they only had pastries, cereal and toast/bagels, even though the website stated that they provided Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. All in all though, it was a good stay and we would stay there again and recommend it to our friends."

• Travel date: Fri 31st of July 2009

Enjoyable Stay

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"My family of 4 including a 6 and 12 year old stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We arrived a little after 3 pm and was given a room immediately. There was a family waiting in the loby for their room. Had we not been upgraded to a suite, we probably would have been waiting too. I think there was a delay with the double-queen rooms. We enjoyed our stay and the kids loved the freezing cold pool (thought it was supposed to be heated). The pool did not look appealing to me on that first afternoon, but I did NOT smell urine. It looked fine to me for the rest of our stay. I did think it was a bit odd when housekeeping still had not come knocking after we were still in the room past 11 am. I later realized this was because there was one housekeeper for the entire floor, but the important thing is that when we got back to our room in the evenings the room was clean and we had fresh towels (would have been nice if she mopped the bathroom floor). The I-Ride line is right in front of the hotel which we took advantage of each time we went to Sea World. $2.50 (both ways) for a very short bus trip vs. $12 for parking made for an easy decision!! Overall the hotel was nice with a contemporary design. It was nice having 2 flat screen TV's in our room plus a frige and microwave. The hallway smelled fresh as well as the elevator which we never had to wait for more than 2 minutes for. I found the front desk operators to be pleasant and helpful. I think we got a little more than we paid for during our stay and that is always good! There were no major negatives and they will most likely improve with time."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of July 2009

this hotel needs a review of marriott standards......lot to be desired

Reviewed Mon 4th of March 2013

"well...first of all hotel is brand new and the rooms are beautiful...but that is about the only good thing i have to say about it. First of all at check in three people behind the desk and no one seems to know what the other is doing...NO ONE Is especially friendly or helpful. On the first night my teenage daughters got locked out of their room..(they were in their bikini bathing suits) NO key would open the door. they had the head of security, the loss prevention manager and engineering all in the hallway trying to get in the door..after an hour they finally got in with some type of tool and when i asked that my daughters be moved was told the hotel was sold out by the loss prevention manager (which was a lie because while this was all happening i went down to the front lobby and the girls at the front desk said they had some suites and the girls could be moved) the loss prevention manager told me to my face they were negative in rooms (LIAR!!!). then the next night again has issues with the door lock...in addition housekeeping was cleaning rooms until about 9 at night..(they vacuumed the one next to me at 845pm) ridiculous. the breakfast was all high carb breads and donuts...no protein and very little healthy choices (the coffee was good). the pool bar was nice (kim the bartender was especially nice). the pool was filled with pee...and so was the hot tub...u could smell it in the air - gross). the fact that TGI Fridays is in the parking lot and will deliver to your room was a plus.
This hotel still needs a while before it will be up to marriot standards. as a silver member i know how a hotel should run and this hotel was far from running efficiently. I would give this hotel a few months and a lot of marriot training before i would ever return again...."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of July 2009

New hotel, nice clean rooms, but terribly managed

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"The hotel is extremely poorly managed. Upon arrival at 11:30 pm, we were told no rooms were ready! This was at 11:30, after a long flight into Florida. There were several other families in the same situation. Apparently there were not enough housekeepers and we noticed the front desk clerks cleaning the rooms. They kept telling us the room was almost ready and another 5 to 10 minutes. This went on for an hour and a half. Had the front desk person just gave us a realistic estimate instead of the false hope of a room being available sooner, we would have gone to the TGI Fridays right next door instead of waiting in their lobby. When asking the front desk person if it was ready, they just kept saying for me to be more patient. We didnt get to the room until 1 AM. When even asking for a late checkout or some sort of compensation for having to wait until the next day to check in, they just said no and apologized. When asking for a late checkout because we wanted to sleep in, they said they could not accomodate that. So basically we checked in at 1 AM, and had to leave by 12 PM, which was absolutely absurd."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of July 2009

I love this hotel

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"New hotel awesome and new looking.
Free breakfast-which was awesome
great like all Marriotts!
Will definitely stay again!
Awesome staff and pool. Loved it. Recommend for everybody."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of July 2009