Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Exterior

Alittle tight for 4 adults

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We had a very funny time at this hotel. We were four adults staying in one suite. As two of us were in a couple and two not we assumed we could share the beds and sofa beds quite easily. Apparently not. after almost taking our hands off opening the sofa bed we soon realised two people were not going to sleep on it. When we tried it out both sleepers would roll into the dent in the middle. So it was girls sharing one bed, and one boy on the sofa and one on the other bed. A suite is okay for families with kids but not 4 adults fighting for a shower and trying not to see each other naked. But this was not the hotels fault of course. We had a great laugh when i accidently turned the garbage disposal unit on in the middle of the night causing my boyfriend to fall out of bed! The hotel was quite clean but our room was quite a long way from the lift. The pool area was nice and the free coffee was fabulous on the way out to the theme parks. The hotel is a bit out of the way, but if you've been to the US before you will know that no one walks anywhere anyway. Stay here if you are a family, don't try to fit adults in one suite, unless you have a big sense of humour"

• Travel date: 3rd October 2006

Okay, but was better under Sierra Suites ownership

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"This was our second stay at this hotel. Our first was in 2004 when it was a Sierra Suites hotel. Things were better the first time though. For check-in, I know I saw on my reservation that were were assigned to a room on the third floor, but instead we were given a room near the back on the first floor. Room was fine so I didn't object, but things are generally quieter on the upper floor. Room did have some water damage followed by a poor repair effort in the bathroom that was pretty unappealing. Amenities were also fine, but not outstanding. Breakfast was pretty much the same every day (heck, it was the same as two years ago!). A little suggestion to the property owners: FREE WIFI!! Everybody else in Orlando has it, but Extended Stay has a surcharge. Incredibly, I connected just fine to the Embassy Suites nearby from the pool area (got their permission and even suggested I stay there next time). Pool was nice, but the spa jets have no pressure at all. Also, I was supposed to get a $10 credit to my card for subscribing to their newsletter upon checkout, but the discount was never applied."

• Travel date: 10th July 2006

Good Value Hotel

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"I have just returned from a two week stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe, Lake Buena Vista with my two kids, and found the hotel to be really good value for money. It was very clean, had reeasonable facilities and the staff were all friendly and helpful We had a standard suite which was plenty big enough for the three of us, it had a sofa bed and two King Size beds. (They were described as Queen Beds, but they were definitely what we in the UK would call King Size!) The kitchen area was equipped with a Fridge/Freezer, Microwave, Toaster, Coffee Perculator, Dishwasher plus a standard cooker and hob (not that we cooked anything mind you!) The AirCon was effective, if a little noisy and ran all of our holiday without any problems. The hotel has laundry facilities, with an iron and board in the room, which is handy for a two week stay. There is a small seating area next to the pool where you can take breakfast, which was included in the price of the room. What was on offer didn’t change much throughout our stay, Cereals, Bagels, Fruit, Muffins, Fruit Juice, etc. but it was all fresh and more than enough to satisfy us. Coffee is also available 24hrs a day, The pool was a bit on the small size, but it didn’t seem to bother the kids who made good use of it most days, especially after a day at one of the theme parks. There was also a hot tub which got a lot of use. Beds were made, and towels changed every day, with full room clean every three days, we had no complaints whatsoever with the standard of housekeeping. Hotel is situated at the top of Palm Parkway, and is ideally situated for access to all the parks (Disney 15-20mins, Universal 10mins, SeaWorld 5mins) A good choice of restaurants in the immediate area to cater for all tastes and pockets. (TexMex, Sea Food, Steak, Itallian, Japanese etc.. etc..) and a Goodings supermarket (Which was a little bit on the expensive side I must say!) All in all we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay here and whilst the hotel is not in the luxury category, it is certainly well above it’s budget level rating."

• Travel date: 12th June 2006

They are so nice but.......

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"My wife and I arrived in the Extended Stay de Luxe in Lake Buena Vista on june 29, after the memorial Weekend. At three pm they were not able to check us in, we found out check in time was at four. Coming back at four no rooms available, please wait another hour. Coming back at five it lasted us half an hour to get us a room. The room looked good, so we started unpacking because we were to stay here for 6 nights. This is a suite hotel with a kitchenette and refridgerator. After we were unpacked we found out that the fridge was not working. We had to change rooms, packed our suitcases and started all over again on the third floor. After we had unpacked we decided to go out for a meal. Then we found out the doorlock didn.t work. You could enter without the key. So we had to change rooms again. To make a long story short, the other four rooms they offered were not to our satisfaction, they were all in the "noisy" corners of the hotel were the electricity and laundry systems are. Finally we ended in the room next to our first opportunity, over two hours later. So that was a bad start. It seemed to us the hotel was not managed professionally but the (very very young) staff was so kind and willing to solve the problems that we forgave them. After that we had no major problems. We wondered why the beds were not made before five in the afternoon but it did not bother us. The hotel and the pool were kept clean. The breakfast was nothing special but not really bad. The other staff was nice and friendly too. So after all we had a nice time in this hotel, which we also visited when it was known under the name Sierra Suites. If you are looking for a nice clean suite hotel, this is the place to be. Considering the roomrate we payed (55 euro's a night) they deliver above average!"

• Travel date: 6th June 2006

Good Quality of rooms / Fair Price / Good Location /

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"We stayed in this hotel for a week in May, company of four adults, booked two double rooms. Rooms appeared clean and kitchen and fridge were tidy cleaned Beds OK, Safe in room, Not outdated Breakfast included, small choise of food but all needed food and drinks available, clean buffet, have breakfast outside near hotelpool, no remarks at all Location is excellent situated for fast trips to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and MGM Studios (max 15 minutes drive), seaworld 10 minutes, Universal 15 minutes drive, outlet centre 10 minutes, but car needed !!!! At least 5 Good restaurants situated in the near neigbourhood (5 minutes). Safe place for free parking! Quality of rooms OK , pool OK also for small children >8 years, Breakfast OK Nothing to be worried about, would definitely book again!"

• Travel date: 15th May 2006

Absolutely wonderful!!!

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We just returned from a 5 night stay and have nothing but good memories of these accomodations. We felt secure, and pampered. The suites are wonderfully laid out and homelike. Everything was super clean and tidy. We prefer these 'smaller' hotels where parking in easy to find and the pool isn't overcrowded. This one was one of the best we've used. The continental breakfast by the pool was super and got our day started out just right. I'd go back tomorrow and will recommend it to my friends."

• Travel date: 18th April 2006

Good value hotel

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"My wife and I stayed here for about a week. It is a decent priced hotel for what you get. This is not a luxury hotel and you shouldn't consider it such, but it does have great value for the money if you are looking for something that is a bit more on the "self-service" side and you don't need someone to clean up your mess and leave chocolates on your pillow every day. The room and hotel was generally clean. The service was fantastic, friendly and polite. The full kitchen in the suite was a blessing for those that prefer to make their own meals. The continental breakfast was not elaborate, but you could make the most of it is you tried. The hotel is starting to show its age, and could use some new paint or minor renovations in a few spots, but it shows well. There is also plenty of free parking and it is a short drive (5 to 15 minutes) to all of the Disney Parks. It is also close to the attractions on International Drive. It is located in a nice area with plenty of restaurants, and a grocery store a 2 minute drive away if you prefer to take advantage of that full kitchen. If you like the services of hotels such as Staybridge Suites, this is very similar, just a bit more budget friendly (in fact 50% cheaper when I was pricing things out). Check out had to be in person (not over the phone or via an interactive TV), but it only took me 2 minutes and there were no issues. They even extended our check out time by 3 hours at no charge (we only requested an extra hour). The only reason I rated this average, and not above average, is because it is what I expected. Had the rooms been a bit cleaner (just dirt in corners, etc. ... not the main living areas) and a few minor repairs (e.g. cracked ceramic in areas) I would have rated it above average due to the service, feature and price factors."

• Travel date: 31st January 2006

Good alternative

Reviewed 17th October 2012

"I am a three trip a year visitor to the Orlando area, and I am accustom to staying on either the Universal Studios or Disney World grounds. When I started to plan my wedding, I had less usable cash, but still wanted to take my trips. If I need to stay off grounds for an affordable rate, this is my reccomendation. I have stayed here 3 times in the course of 2 years, and I have had a great trip each time. There is a friendly and helpful staff on-call at all hours. The rooms are well kept, and the appliances are all in good working order. The rooms are great for a couple who wants to save a little money and make breakfast in their room each day. The hotel itself is quiet. I would reccomend it to anyone. You are still close to the theme parks (2 minutes to Sea World or Disney, and 10 to Universal), but you are still off the heavily traveled roads."

• Travel date: 7th May 2005

Well worth it.

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"We stayed there in Nov 2004 and were very pleased with the room and this newer hotel. The price was reasonable, particularly during the off-season when we were there. All the "essentials" were more than adequate: the room was clean and quiet; the service was fine; the pool, jacuzzi and fitness room were nice; location was good. It was the little extras, though, that really pleasantly surprised us: the nice outdoor patio area beside the pool where you could have your breakfast, also had 2 BBQs for use by the guests; the room had a VCR and the laundry room had a video vending machine; parking was free. The breakfast was fair, not much variety especially if there for a longer stay, but ok for it being free. We booked over the Internet, which we were a bit apprehensive about, but all was well, and very convenient. We would definitely stay at this hotel again."

• Travel date: 30th March 2005

Dirty !!

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"Well, there were so many problems that i don't know where to begin! I stayed there from 16 to 27 oct 2004. The hotel is in poor state of conservation, at least my room was, broken tiles on the bathroom, dirty around the corners on the ceiling. When i checked in i was so tired that it took me some time to realize how dirty the carpet was, i realized later that they don't clean under the tables and the beds, there were crumbs and rest of someones nails all over !! During my first 3 nights there i killed 3 roaches !! The sheets had holes in it, not one of the sheets, almost all of them !! There was also a fan in the bathroom that was so noisy, it clearly needed mainteinance or to be replaced ! The bathroom curtains were black in many places due to fungus, they cleaned in the 6th day !! I complained most of it to the front desk personally, but nothing was done, and they even had the nerve to tell me that the holes in the sheets had never happened before. I've travelled a lot and stayed in many different kinds of hotels all over the world, i don't mind a simple place, but cleaness is essential and this was the dirtyiest hotel i've stayed in all my life, it is not something i would expect to find in hotel of this level in the U.S."

• Travel date: 27th October 2004

Hotels near Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Lake Buena Vista is also called

• Sierra Suites Hotel
  • Lake Buena Vista
  • extended stay deluxe orlando