Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Disney World - Orlando Florida

Fabulous!!!

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"We just returned from a four night stay and couldn't be happier. The resort is beautiful and staff is just as friendly. Our room faced a quiet pool which was wonderful. The room itself is cute, and was kept very clean. We ordered room service once which was delivered on time and with the hugest smile I saw on property. I appreciated the desk and extra sitting space the deluxe resort affords. Location of this resort is wondeful, both Epcot and the Boardwalk are just steps away. We rented a car, so we did not try the bus system. I will definately stay here again."

• Travel date: 28th December 2003

perfect vacation

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"This was really the perfect vacation. We arrived at 11:00 a.m., and our room was ready to to. The room was perfectly located...and just a few short steps to the boat to MGM and Epcot, bus to the rest of the parks, and the pool. The service was excellent. We had absolutely no complaints about anything. We would come back to our room for a mid day nap, and the room was always done and waiting for us. A small portion of the pool was under construction, but it was not a problem at all. The food is expensive...but you have to live with that at disney. The Cape May character breakfast was great...not crowded and good food...just a short walk. This is definitely the place to stay at disney...we have stayed at many, and this took the cake. The pool is worth every penny you spend on the room...especially if you have little one's. The best food deals were at Wolfgang Puck's express at Downtown Disney, and the pizza place at the Boardwalk. When we return, it will be here."

• Travel date: 3rd November 2003

very impressive at first

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"My husband and I have few complaints since this trip was paid for by the company I work for as a bonus for me. It's very expensive for the average person. Be careful if you decide you want something from that tempting box of stuff in your room. We purchased the travel mug which was not too bad of a deal because it was 9.50 but they filled it with soda for no charge whenever you wanted it. The room was big but the bathroom was real small and our room safe was not functional. The staff was nice and the room was clean, not much of a view but overall I enjoyed it."

• Travel date: 21st October 2003

Beautiful Hotel

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"Visted the Yacht Club 9/19 to 9/21. Hotel is beautiful. Appears to just have been totally renovated. Service was fine. Room cleaned early each morning. Price quoted on making the reservation was the price paid. No hidden fees upon leaving like the $6.00 a day parking fees at Universal Studio on-site hotels ( I complained and they removed the fee). Food prices in the hotel, the Broadwalk area and Disney in general are ridiciously overpriced as stated by other reviewers. Try $9.00 for a Caesar salad for one at the Flying Fish restaurant or $5.06 (Tax Included) for a beer at the ESPN Zone. Heard that number from the bartender a hundred times while sitting at the bar watching football Saturday on the TV monitors. Upon check-in, we asked for a king-size bed since we did not take our children who are grown. What a mistake. Literally had to walk a mile to our room, we got the absolute furthest room from the elevator. It took ten minutes to get from the room to the pool. By the way, the pool which is the main attraction in the hotel and the reason we stayed there does not open till 10:00am. Way to late to open for us and others judging by the people trying to get into the pool area. As someone who lives in Florida and stays on Disney property in Deluxe hotels several times a year, I recommend you base your hotel on the best price available in the Broadwalk area. We have stayed at them all and do not see that much difference. The Yacht and Beach Club has almost nothing going on in the hotel, except the pool. All Disney owned Hotels want you out of the hotel and in the park. Regarding views,I would not pay extra because the property is only four storys high and has numerous man-made and natural obstructions. Seems like pot lot on getting a good view. The Broadwalk Hotel is convenient to the shops and restaurants. The pool is inferior to the Yacht/Beach club pool. The Swan is okay but the Dolphin is our favorite because of it's somewhat older crowd, it's beautiful pool/beach area and more reasonable food pricing choices. Be forewarned, it is a convention hotel. Upgrades are easier in this hotel and you can almost always get a room between $100-150 nightly between Florida resident or Entertainment Card rates. By the way upper floor views are spectular with unlimited views and some rooms giving you views of fireworks in both MGM and Epcot. Anybody staying in any deluxe hotel inside Disney must understand you will be taken to the bank on food pricing. Our recommendation is to buy a case of soda or water, milk and snacks before you go to the hotel and bring a ice chest to put it in. If you have a car go outside to eat once in a while, especially if you have a large family. We love the hotels in this area of Disney and the night activity along the Broardwalk and believe you really can't go wrong. Park you car and use the Disney transportation to get around. Just be forewarned as to food pricing, make your plan to get around it and your trip should have a good time."

• Travel date: 22nd September 2003

Disney's Yacht Club is wonderful!!

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"I have been to Disneyworld many times and have stayed at many of the deluxe hotels there. The Yacht Club is my favorite! Although the Grand Floridian is beautiful too, the service and food at the Yacht Club is better - especially at the concierge level. The wonderful desserts and pastries they put out make you eat even when you aren't hungry! Everyone goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and special! Of course, all of Disney does that but the Yacht Club goes the extra mile!"

• Travel date: 13th September 2003

Disappointing concierge service

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"My family has gone to Disney World every year for the past 7 years. This time my husband and I got an opportunity to do so without our children. We chose the Yacht Club concierge level, having stayed previously at other concierge rooms. Upon our arrival we told the outside bell clerk we were concierge stay. She didn't seem to care and sent us to the regular check in desk in the lobby. (Concierge is a private check in on that floor, which is why you are paying more!) We again told the gal at the front desk. Didn't seem to matter to her either and we stood in line and checked in with everyone else. Granted, we booked our trip only 3 days earlier, but no one told us that that would mean they couldn't provide the same services. Our room was a single Queen bed, which no one could explain why we got that. We asked for water view with 2 queen beds, and the WDW travel company suggested an upgrade to 1 king bed since we were travelling without our children. We complained to the concierge desk, who also didn't seem to care that we had to check in downstairs, and they told us that room was all they had, and a king bed room can't be guarranteed. So we said then change our room charge. They informed us that all rooms were charged by view, not bedding. Unfortunatley we had a voucher in our hands that was given to us by the concierge that stated differently. No one knew why it said that, it was a mistake we were told. We called hotel management and where given a different room with 2 queen beds. Something the people at the conceirge desks could have done, but didn't seem to care to do anything to help. Very arrogant! We recieved no turn down service that first night because of the room problem. Again, the concierge desk did nothing when we complained. Our room was not cleaned until 3:00 pm, causing us to wander around instead of being able to shower after a long morning in the parks. I was very disappointed in the manner and actions of the concierge staff, including the manager we spoke to. They seemed annoyed that we complained, and the personnel at the concierge desks never seemed to be able to help, or just didn't care to bother, that is why we had to call hotel management several times. So don't bother to pay for concierge services at this hotel, you certainly will not get your money's worth."

• Travel date: 30th August 2003

Yacht Club is Fabulous

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"We booked the fairytale vacation at the Yacht Club. We arrived home last night after a one week stay. As we arrived at the desk we were given an upgrade to a pool view. We asked for a non-smoking room and got just that. We had asked for a day bed and it was not there, but were offered-at no charge a roll-away bed. The front desk was always very courteous and helpful. Room service took aprox. 45 min.--as they had told us one busy evening. Everything was fabulous. The maid service was wonderful. The boats that take you to MGM Studios or Epcot arrived in a short time--we usually waited only 10 min.--a few times we had no wait. Stormalong Bay pool was fantastic. The sand bottom felt wonderful on tired feet. You can walk to Epcot, the Boardwalk and MGM. The buses were timely to Animal King., Typhoon Lagoon, Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney. The Beaches & Cream soda shop is #1. Put your name on the list and come back to be seated. Great food and service!!! Best vacation we every had. I have two teenage daughters--13 & 16. It is a clean and safe place. They could go exploring on their own. Don't eat at 50's Cafe in MGM--they waiters treat you worse than home--get your elbows off the table and more, etc. Sci-Fi is fun, Spoodles on the Boardwalk is great(we had breakfast), Italy and Japan were wonderful places to eat in Epcot. Take along snacks--breakfast bars, juice boxes, water bottles, fruit snacks(saves on $$). Bring a poncho for rain--comes and goes quickly but will soak you(Dollar Store). Stay at the Disney Yacht Club. It is beautiful. We are picky people and they catered to our evey need. We stored our luggage at 8:30 a.m. and went to Epcot on our last day. They luggage was ready for us to leave the hotel at 2 p.m. on our shuttle to the airport. Wonderful place to stay--will do it again."

• Travel date: 22nd August 2003

My family really enjoyed the Yscht Club!

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"My family and I stayed at the Yacht Club from August 5th thru August 12th 2003. I found the hotel to be quite beautiful and the grounds well maintained. Our room was quite far away from the lobby but our view more than compensated that inconvenience. I felt a little forgotten by housekeeping. We are a party of five and they only give you four towels and glasses. We did not have the maids display our childrens stuffed animals in various positions as they did every night of our stay at the Dixie Landings. We enjoyed the easy access to Epcot. I would say we walked there about 4 times out of our stay. If you did not want to walk you could take the boat there or to MGM. We got off of the boat and buses at the Swan Resort which was actually closer to our room! My kids loved the sand bottomed pool and the huge pirate ship waterslide and whirlpool. My biggest grievance with Disney is the horrendous cafeteria food served throughout the parks at Broadway prices. There is no variety for grown-ups or kids. The restaurants in our hotel were very overpriced. There were only two and no food court because we did not always want to waste time on having to be served. We thought we would go "cheap" one morning at the bakery on the Boardwalk and 4 muffins, three chocolate milks and two coffees later was $35.00. The parks were not that crowded and the most we had to wait for any ride was 20 minutes. Most of them we walked right on or did a Fast Pass. The buses were never crowded and ran quite often. I did enjoy my stay at the Yacht Club but having stayed in less expensive hotels on Disney Property I did not see any difference between the "Moderate" resort and the "Deluxe" Resorts other than a lot more money out of my wallet."

• Travel date: 16th August 2003

an absolutely magical place

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"My trip to Disney World was from August 9-16 and we all had an awesome time! First off, I would like to say that I cannot believe you people who write bad things about Disney. You have to realize that you are going to one of the most crowded places on Earth and that things are going to be expensive. DEAL WITH IT! You obviously did no research before you went. Yes, its expensive, but its worth it. So stop complaining about the long lines and the expensive food already! The ages in our group were 43,42,22,19,13,and 4 and we all had the best time. We stayed at Disney's Yacht Club resort. We loved it for many reasons. First, it was close to everything. You can walk to Epcot, the Boardwalk, and even MGM if you're feeling ambitious. There is also the water taxi that you can take to both those parks, the Boardwalk Resort, and also the Swan and Dolphin hotels. Our resort's pool was huge, with sand at the bottom of the pool and a pretty big water slide. My 4 year-old sister LOVED it. I was really excited for the clam bake at the hotel but was very disappointed. I'm from New England where we have the best seafood around and I guess it's just not the same down south. The clams were gross and the rest of the food at the buffet wasn't that great either. However, the character breakfast at the hotel was delicious! We rarely ate at the hotel other than those few times however, because the Boardwalk is so close, as is Epcot and MGM. Also, the rooms were big and very nice. We had a balcony which was great and it overlooked the water. I have been to Disney 4 times and we always go in August. It gets very hot and humid but by the end of the summer, depending on where you live, you are used to it already so it's not too bad. Personally, I love hot weather and we prefer living in Florida than Massachustts any day! This year, it actually rained more often than any of the other years combined. Usually in Florida it rains for 10-15 minutes every day and then its back to hot and sunny weather. This year, it rained 2-3 days for a good part of the day or a few hours. But the rest of the time, it was sunny and hot. We visited the Magic Kingdom, MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot, as well as Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Downtown Disney, and Sea World. That sounds like a lot in just one week, and it was. My feet are still sore, but it was worth it. Here's a list of Must-see rides...Magic Kingdom--Splash, Thunder, and Space Mountains, Alien Encounter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Buzz-Lightyear Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion.MGM Studios--Tower of Terror, Rock-and-Roller-Coaster, Muppet Vision 3D, Who Wants to be a Millionaire Play-it (AWESOME)Animal Kingdom--It's Tough to be a Bug, Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids, Lion King showEpcot--Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, Test Track, Mission Space for some (my whole family hated it, as well as EVERYONE else we talked to except for one girl in line before us...we went on the ride at about 5:00 one afternoon, and we all felt sick even the following morning).Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon--everything is lots of fun.Sea World--Kraken (huge, intense rollercoaster), Shamu show, the Dolphin show (one of my favorites in all of Orlando, including Disney), feeding the dolphins (my absolute favorite in all of Orlando), feeding the stingrays, the sealion show.Our family loved Sea World..It took a day to go through the entire park and it was really hot but it was well worth the extra time and money. It was incredible. One word of advice...get to the Dolphin feeding area EARLY to get a spot by the wall AND in line for the food! It fills up very quick. So if feeding time is at 12:45, get there by 12:15. My boyfriend and I went to Pleasure Island one night, walked around for about 10 minutes, then left. We were really tired from the days and getting up at 7am every morning that we weren't really even in the mood to go out. The clubs looked alright but nothing too exciting. One more thing..stay away from the Mears Shuttle from the airport. Our flight landed at 2:45 in the afternoon, and we didn't get to our hotel till around 5:30 because of all the stops. The driver also wasn't very bright. Good thing my mom looked out the window as we were stopped at another hotel because the driver had unloaded ALL our luggage onto the sidewalk with other people's. It took forever and we were all very aggrivated by the time we actually got to our resort. Get a taxi van instead. All in all, our vacation was awesome. What you have to realize is that if you want to see everything in Disney, it is not a relaxing vacation by any means. To get on the rides without long lines you need to be there EARLY, meaning when it opens at 9am, or on the early opening days, at 8am. If you get there after 10 am, there will be lines up to an hour long for the big rides. Also, try to eat lunch early around 11, or after 2 when the crowds clear out of the restaurants and dining areas in the parks. It's way too crowded at from 12-2 and you end up waiting in line for awhile and its hard to find tables. Also, use the fast pass system. All you do is you go to the front of the rides that use the system, insert your park ticket, and a slip of paper will come out telling you to return between 11:15 and 12:15 for example. You go back to that particular ride between those times and you get to enter in a different line and basically walk right on the ride. You rarely have to wait more than 10 minutes in a fast-pass line, but you do get dirty looks from people waiting in the regular line, some who have been waiting there for an hour. But it's worth it. While you are waiting for the time you can go on that ride, you can visit other attractions. Just make sure you are there between those times because if you miss it, they won't let you in the fast pass line. It's really a great system if you know how to use it. I would recommend Disney to people of ALL ages. We saw lots of honeymooners, teenagers, familys, and older couples. It's fun for the whole family. My parents are also seriously considering the Disney Vacation Club time-share and I'm pushing them toward it! I can't wait to go back!!"

• Travel date: 16th August 2003

The Yacht Club is great

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"We recently enjoyed a 7-night stay at Disney's Yacht Club Resort. The hotel is beautiful. Our room was nicely appointed with 2 beds plus a day bed. We had a waterfront room with a view of the boardwalk and lake. I was concerned it would be noisy, as we had a second floor, but it was not. Check-in and check-out were easy and efficient. The housekeeping service was good, and our kids always excited to see what she had done with their stuffed animals (like making a cave out of the pillows for them). Nice touches for kids. The pool area is very nice and the kids really enjoyed it. Dining options were rather limited, and it wasn't very convenient to use the refillable mugs. We ate at the pool, which was good, and also had the character breakfast at Cape May next door in the Beach Club - surprisingly good for a buffet. One of the best things about the Yacht Club is the location -very easy access to MGM Studios (by boat) and to Epcot (you can walk), also to the Boardwalk Resort area around the lake. Bus service to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom was easy and efficient. The kids really enjoyed renting the 4-person bicycles and traveling around the lake, past the Boardwalk, Epcot, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin Hotels. Disney's Fast Pass system works pretty well for guests to avoid long lines. I would definitely recommend the Yacht Club Resort."

• Travel date: 6th August 2003