About Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

• fishing amenities
  • free airport transportation
  • hot tub
  • heated pool
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • diving

Good

great if you want to stay at disneyworld

Reviewed Mon 6th of August 2012

"this hotel was lovely. the rooms were clean and the staff very friendly. we did the disney quick service dining plan and we did not need to buy any food as it was plenty. the buses came regularly to pick you up. the most we waited was 15 minutes one late night to get home. the extra time at the parks is well worthwhile although not all are open in those hours so you have to plan what you are doing carefully to avoid the queues. we also did the 2 centre holiday so we got to go to all the attractions along international drive as well. would stay at disneyworld again. "

• Travel date: Mon 6th of August 2012

Excellent Value Resort

Reviewed Tue 14th of June 2011

"Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is a large but very picturesque resort. The whole resort is placed around the outside of a freshwater lake teeming with life (Turtles, Fish etc). The Resorts are Martinique, Trinidad (North & South), Aruba, Barbados and Jamaica (Which we stayed in). The resort is large but takes no more that 10 – 15 mins to walk to Old Port Royale from your complex. To walk around the lake took us an hour. The grounds are tidy and very well kept. There are small beaches on all complexes but these were hardly used by anyone. There was also a small pool at every complex aswell as a very good laundry. The room was simple but bright and had everything we needed for our holiday. 2 double beds, 32” flatscreen TV, Fridge, Iron and board, twin sinks, Bath with shower and toilet. The only disappointing part of the room was the shower as it had very little power, but was still better than other hotels I’ve stayed in. At Old Port Royale there are 5 areas serving different food from snacks to ½ rotisserie chicken. We were on the Disney Dining Plan and this effectively made our holiday into all inclusive and I have to say the best thing since sliced bread. The food wasn’t fantastic but was more than edible and kept us going. Just make sure you know what you get as part of the plan as not all the staff explain it to you. The staff themselves were always pleasant and helpful. Disney transport is mostly good in that the bus stop is directly outside each complex and the buses are regular (They say every 20 mins). Only twice did we wait for 30 minutes throughout the whole 2 weeks, but most of the time was about 10 mins wait. We were all very impressed with this holiday and it was our favourite holiday to Florida so far (Been 4 times in 11 years). We would go back here in a heartbeat and from now on I think it will be Disney all the time in the future."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of June 2011

Brilliant place to stay if you like thin...

Reviewed Wed 18th of June 2008

"Brilliant place to stay if you like things a bit quieter (although be warned, it's not too far from Epcot so you can hear the fireworks between 9.00-9.15 every night). Accommodation superb, but the really handy part was having the Disney transport and being able to have items bought in the parks sent back to the shop on site to be picked up the following day.
Would definitely consider staying here again."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of June 2008

We booked with Travel City Direct in Feb...

Reviewed Sun 27th of January 2008

"We booked with Travel City Direct in Feb.07 and,there prices were a lot cheaper than other operators .6 of us were travelling (3 adults and 3 children) and we were in 2 rooms .The total cost for 2 rooms ,return flights ,and car rental was £4,500 -Virgin quoted us £6000+ for near enough the same package .
Travel city Direct were able to offer us the 14 day Disney Pass and Discovery Cove (with 7 days entry to Seaworld ) at a better price than buying in Orlando .
We flew out from Gatwick using XL Airways .An old fleet of planes but ,the cabin staff made up for the planes .The children were well entertained and ,the staf held competitions throughout the flight .
The planes landed at Sandford -an airport about 30 minutes away from Orlando but ,with car rental ,this was not a problem .
The Resort itself was very clean .We were in Barbados village and ,the rooms are spaciuos and had A/C .We had daily room service and the kids loved the Mickey mouse soaps .
Our pool was ideal for keeping cool and ,the beach was lovely with hammocks and beach chairs provided .There is also a main central pool (currently being refurbished)
We were not on a Dining plan and ,I would recommend that you consider a dining plan before you go .Walmarts are nearby but ,not easy to find .
The food on resort was very American and to us Brits -it seemed mostly processed .Otherwise ,we survived .
The resort buses ran regularly and ,we were able to travel to each "Disney World " in a relaxed manner .
The children loved the Resort and ,going in December was,a good time to see the lights and,get that Christmas sparkle .
I for one will be going back to the Caribbean Beach resort and so will my kids ."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of January 2008

Stayed in this fabulous resort right in...

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2007

"Stayed in this fabulous resort right in the heart of Walt Disney World Florida.

Divided into 5 village areas each with its own unique surroundings, this place was all that you could expect and more!

Room was clean with 2 double beds and facilities on site very good. There was a beautiful clean swimming pool which kids loved and the dining facilities catered for all.

Only a few minutes’ drive away from each of the world famous Disney Parks. Would be inclined to visit again in the near future."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of October 2007

The resort was very clean. (First room...

Reviewed Sat 21st of July 2007

"The resort was very clean. (First room wasn't clean but we were given 50% refund for first night and then moved to another room the next day, which was spotless.)

Free transport to all Disney parks was brilliant - just a 30 second walk to the nearest bus stop and never more than a few minutes wait for the bus heading to your chosen park for that day and the same for the return journey.

The resort was very busy, particularly the food hall, but since we had a car for 1 week of the fortnight, we ventured out for breakfast and evening meal rather than queue for food. The food hall was good when we decided to use it. It was a bit of a pain if all 3 in a family of 3 wanted things from different parts of the food hall but this really could be the only complaint.

All the staff were very friendly, particularly in the reception area. The Disney bus drivers are helpful and made conversation all the way to the park if you were the only ones on the bus (which can happen). It's expected to give lots of tips.

This was our best holiday ever and we will definitely spend part of our next Florida holiday in a Disney Resort for all the added benefits you receive."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

My family and I are WDW regulars now, in...

Reviewed Thu 17th of August 2006

"My family and I are WDW regulars now, in fact we are going again next month - this will be our 7th time! We have stayed at various WDW resorts which are on Disney property, such as the Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings (which is now called Riverside at Port Orleans) and most recently Saratoga Springs and also the Beach Club Villas which are Disney vacation club resorts.

I just wanted to say that I would recommend staying on site at Disney in their hotels 100%! Being on site is just so convenient. You have the transport to Disney parks right on your doorstep where buses come every 15 mins or so; some resorts even have boat transport to Epcot and MGM! There are other activities to do at the resort hotels, eg: boat rental at the Caribbean, tennis at Saratoga and golf as well. Yes I agree with people that the food is not a cheap as it is off site, and there obviously is not as much choice as you would have on International Drive, but you do not stay on site for the food do you.

By staying on site at Disney you can dine at any restaurant with in the Disney complex. You can do this if you are not staying at Disney but you wouldn't have access to the free transport like you do by staying on site.

One place that I would recommend is the character breakfast at the Beach Club. My husband and I (who have no kids - yet) dined there for the breakfast buffet one morning last September - the food was great and there was a lot of choice and we even got visited by Goofy! I thought that because we had no kids with us the characters would not come over to us....however we were wrong and it made our day!

On closing, I would just like to say that I cannot recommend Disney hotels enough...they are clean, convenient and well situated and more importantly safe as all resorts have security guards at the gates, also the staff are wonderful. I have relatives who have stayed off site and believe me their Disney vacation experience is no where near is as good as ours, which was mainly due to accommodation problems and noise from their neighbours.

Driving and Disney transport:
On our first trips to WDW we didn't drive at all as we were a little nervous about doing so. We relied solely on the Disney transport to their parks and virgin shuttle passes to Universal and sea world etc. We would book a cab via virgin holidays and which worked out a little cheaper. They would collect us directly from our hotel lobby and drop us home as well.

In recent years we have made our own plans as we are Disney Vacation Club members and so have not been able to book cabs via virgin holidays. So we just took cabs.

About 2 years ago, my husband decided to brave the Orlando roads and we hired a car for a day. That was the best thing we ever did! We even hired another car the following week as it was so easy. Now whenever we go we get transfers from the airport and then hire a car "off airport" the next day from the local branch - this is much cheaper than renting from the airport. Then we return it the day we go and get transfers back to the airport. By having a car you can go where you want, when you want. You leave Universal / Sea World etc when you want and not have to worry "

• Travel date: Thu 17th of August 2006

The resort itself is lovely its well lai...

Reviewed Wed 9th of August 2006

"The resort itself is lovely its well laid out and plenty to do, the staff are very polite and helpful and the food isn’t bad either, I was a bit disappointed with the room itself we stayed in Jamaica and the room was quite shabby and very dated.

Its very close to all the Disney parks and the transport to them is very efficient. I really only have the room to be negative about as our holiday was truly magical.

There were 6 adults and 2 children in our party and there really was something for everyone."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of August 2006

It was a very relaxing and enjoyable hot...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"It was a very relaxing and enjoyable hotel .I found that myself because I have children.

The rooms were very clean and someone came around each day to clean them. The beds were very comfortable and at night it wasn’t noisy. The beach was very relaxing and lovely. And I found myself that if you stayed in the hotel for a day you wouldn’t get bored at all because there was loads to do hope you choose this Hotel.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

CBR = 2 Thumbs Up

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"I've been staying @ this resort @ least once a year since I was 3, so it's @ least obvious to me that the place is top-notch. It has easy access to bus transport and is great for those who enjoy where they spend the night and want a quiet vacation. If you like isolation, an island-like setting, tropical colors and music, and an affordable price in terms of Disney hotels, check it out. And I recommend staying @ the Martinique - really close to the food court and main pool - being @ the others (like South Trinidad) can make one change their mind about this resort...don't let that happen to you!"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of March 2003

Fabulous for the Family

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"Just stayed at the resort first of March 2003 with my family of 4 -- two young children 9 and 5. We had a great time and found the resort very enjoyable. The rooms were light, bright and well maintained. We loved the colorful decor that did make you feel a part of the Carribean. The food court is great and gives each family member the choice of what to eat. Our kids loved the breakfasts and burgers and chicken fingers for dinner. When you need sit down service, there is a sit down restaurant that is excellent. Check in was slow and arduous but I've found that true with most Disney properties since they want to educate you so much on what to do. Great pool and fun time! Definitely recommended!!"

• Travel date: Fri 21st of March 2003

Nice but pricey

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"Rooms and grounds nice and well maintained. Be sure and ask for a room close to the food court or it could be a long walk. We stayed there so we could use the shuttle service. It worked, but I doubt it was worth the high price we payed for the rooms. Will stay off property next time to save money on room and ridiculously priced food"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of March 2003

Hotels near Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Top traveller tips for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

• Teresa G by Teresa G

"go to the early hours and come back for a rest then do the late night parks as it is better when there are no queues. you can always take a boat out on the lake or play in the pool if you want a rest from the parks. "

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort is also called