Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

900 Cayman Way Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830-8411

CBR = 2 Thumbs Up

"I've been staying @ this resort @ least once a year since I was 3, so it's @ least obvious to me that the place is top-notch. It has easy access to bus transport and is great for those who enjoy where they spend the night and want a quiet vacation. If you like isolation, an island-like setting, tropical colors and music, and an affordable price in terms of Disney hotels, check it out. And I recommend staying @ the Martinique - really close to the food court and main pool - being @ the others (like South Trinidad) can make one change their mind about this resort...don't let that happen to you!"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of March 2003

Fabulous for the Family

Good

"Just stayed at the resort first of March 2003 with my family of 4 -- two young children 9 and 5. We had a great time and found the resort very enjoyable. The rooms were light, bright and well maintained. We loved the colorful decor that did make you feel a part of the Carribean. The food court is great and gives each family member the choice of what to eat. Our kids loved the breakfasts and burgers and chicken fingers for dinner. When you need sit down service, there is a sit down restaurant that is excellent. Check in was slow and arduous but I've found that true with most Disney properties since they want to educate you so much on what to do. Great pool and fun time! Definitely recommended!!"

• Travel date: Fri 21st of March 2003

Nice but pricey

Good

"Rooms and grounds nice and well maintained. Be sure and ask for a room close to the food court or it could be a long walk. We stayed there so we could use the shuttle service. It worked, but I doubt it was worth the high price we payed for the rooms. Will stay off property next time to save money on room and ridiculously priced food"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of March 2003

Excellent Resort ! Highly Recommend

"The Carribean Beach Resort was Wonderful ! Recently stayed for 4 days and 3 nights on our Honeymoon. Read all the reviews ( good and bad ) but when arrived was very impressed by the hospitality and the beauty of the resort . Everyone from the guard at the front gate to the roomkeeper were wonderful. I would definately recommend the Carribean Beach Resort to anyone as a Honeymoon Destination or for a Family Vacation ! There was a disney bus that arrived at our bus stop every 5 minutes or so and never had to wait long they ran regurarly. We stayed in North Trinidad but the Resort as a whole was beautiful as well. Thank you Carribean Beach and Disney World For a wonderful Honeymoon That we will remember for years to come! Danny & Crystal B."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of March 2003

Transportation at Carribean Beach

Good

"February 2003Just got back from 5 day stay at Carribean Beach. Don't understand why so many complaints against the bus system there. We had no problems! Our longest wait was 5 to 10 minutes, tops. Our room had also been refurbished since last time we were there ( 2 years ago). Food service was relatively fast."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of February 2003

Greatt place to stay except for the transportation

Good

"We had a great time at Carribean Beach I would go there again, but they must do something about the transportation problem they have. I think they should have a set a buses for so many of the islands because it takes so long for them to come around and by the time they get to you the buses are full and you have to wait again which sometimes takes 40 minutes, or they should extend the monarail. WE are planning to go back in 2004 and we would love to go there I just wish they would fix the problem by then. It is a beautiful resort and we LOVED it."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of January 2003

I've been there 12 times....

"Every year since I was 4, my family and I have stayed at Disney's Carribean Beach. Once we couldn't get in, and had to stay off-site for a couple days...it was horrible. I definitly recommend staying on site, it isn't "Disney" if you aren't staying in one of their hotels.

Carribean Beach has several villages. We love Jamaica, we always stay in that one. It's just a short walk over the lake, through the trees to the Food Court. Staying on-site also makes things a lot easier. Trust me, when you're watching people try and get to their cars after the fireworks at Magic Kingdom, and you're driving by on a bus, you'll be thankful."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of January 2003

My 8 year old loved it and so did I

"We inspected several disney properties and this was by far the best for a fun trip with kids. Best value for your monay. Not crowded when we went."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of January 2003

Not again

"We stood in 3 different hotels while in Orlando in April/May '02. The last hotel was this onw. It is clean but kind of old. The price they charge for a night is much too high for what you get: A small room, no extras in it, even the coffee you make on your own is charged and in the end we had stuff on our express checkout bill we never consumed. Beside that, the pools are quite small and crowded, food is overpriced - there are better hotels to stay in at Orlando. I will not be back there."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of October 2002

Good place to stay

"Just returned from a 2 week stay at the carribean beach resort. I stayed at Martinique and found it to be very nice. we were close to the food court which I've been told was a bit of a walk from the other villages. They do have an internal bus that will take you there also. We never had to wait very long for the disney busses to take us to park destinations. The longest wait maybe 10 min. The pool at the villages are open 24 hours, so I don't reccomend a room near there. It can get noisy. The food court is too small I feel for the number of people who visit there. I heard they were closing on sept. 8th 2002 to renovate the food area. They did have 1 sit down resturant, but you need to make reservations. If you buy the orange juice from one of the food vendors it is $1.59 for a 6 oz. bottle. Buy it from the cooler in the store adjacent to it. A 12 oz. bottle for $1.50. Our housekeeper was great. She surprised us daily with her washcloth animals and arranged my nieces stuffed animals in different positions that was comical. Overall we had no complaints on our stay."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of August 2002

great if you want to stay at disneyworld

"this hotel was lovely. the rooms were clean and the staff very friendly. we did the disney quick service dining plan and we did not need to buy any food as it was plenty. the buses came regularly to pick you up. the most we waited was 15 minutes one late night to get home. the extra time at the parks is well worthwhile although not all are open in those hours so you have to plan what you are doing carefully to avoid the queues. we also did the 2 centre holiday so we got to go to all the attractions along international drive as well. would stay at disneyworld again. "

• Travel date: Mon 6th of August 2012

Excellent Value Resort

"Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is a large but very picturesque resort. The whole resort is placed around the outside of a freshwater lake teeming with life (Turtles, Fish etc). The Resorts are Martinique, Trinidad (North & South), Aruba, Barbados and Jamaica (Which we stayed in). The resort is large but takes no more that 10 – 15 mins to walk to Old Port Royale from your complex. To walk around the lake took us an hour. The grounds are tidy and very well kept. There are small beaches on all complexes but these were hardly used by anyone. There was also a small pool at every complex aswell as a very good laundry. The room was simple but bright and had everything we needed for our holiday. 2 double beds, 32” flatscreen TV, Fridge, Iron and board, twin sinks, Bath with shower and toilet. The only disappointing part of the room was the shower as it had very little power, but was still better than other hotels I’ve stayed in. At Old Port Royale there are 5 areas serving different food from snacks to ½ rotisserie chicken. We were on the Disney Dining Plan and this effectively made our holiday into all inclusive and I have to say the best thing since sliced bread. The food wasn’t fantastic but was more than edible and kept us going. Just make sure you know what you get as part of the plan as not all the staff explain it to you. The staff themselves were always pleasant and helpful. Disney transport is mostly good in that the bus stop is directly outside each complex and the buses are regular (They say every 20 mins). Only twice did we wait for 30 minutes throughout the whole 2 weeks, but most of the time was about 10 mins wait. We were all very impressed with this holiday and it was our favourite holiday to Florida so far (Been 4 times in 11 years). We would go back here in a heartbeat and from now on I think it will be Disney all the time in the future."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of June 2011

Hotels near Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Stayed at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

• Teresa G by Teresa G

"go to the early hours and come back for a rest then do the late night parks as it is better when there are no queues. you can always take a boat out on the lake or play in the pool if you want a rest from the parks. "

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort is also called