Good

Excellent resort; great for kids!

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"We stayed at the Beach Club for 3 nights with our 4 year old son to celebrate his birthday. We live in S. Fla and visit Disney several times a year; but this was our first visit to the Beach Club. We had a 1 br villa and couldn't be more pleased. I have stayed at other Disney properties but this is now our favorite. The boat rides to the parks and the Boardwalk were great and the resort itself was so much fun. The pool is amazing and the eateries were very good, too. Definitely stay here!"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of August 2005

Loved the Beach Club

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"My husband and I stayed in a studio at the beach club villas from July 16-23. This is the first time we used the disney vacation club, and we really enjoyed our stay. However, our trip got off to a rocky start. The Disney Magical Express bus picked us up from the airport. Part of their job is to pick up our bags at baggage claim, and bring them to the hotel. However, our bags were never picked up from baggage claim which became a big problem. When we went to our room we were very pleased. The room was clean, nicely decorated and it was pretty big for a studio. We had a lovely balcony with a view that allowed us to see fireworks at night. We ordered groceries to our room, they arrived promptly. After a full day at epcot we realized our bags were still not in our room. There was a mix up, and bell services actually had it written down that we had bags, when indeed we did not. I was starting to get upset because we had a great dinner planned for the yachtsman and I was still in the same clothes from the airplane. Bell services now found out that our bags were never picked up and the whereabouts of them were unknown. We were both not happy, but disney did the right thing. They gave us 200 dollars to buy some clothes and bathing suits to start our trip. They also delivered robes and toiletries to our room as well. Our bags arrived around midnight. So, it really all worked out. The beach club was fabulous. We loved the pool area, storm along bay was so much fun. The sand bottom pool was so nice. We also really enjoyed beaches and cream. They made great sundaes and cheeseburgers. The gym "ship shape" was also very nice. They had good machines and it was clean. It was a great stay at a lovely resort. You cannot beat to location either. I highly recommend the beach club villas."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of August 2005

GREAT! The Best Disney Can Offer.

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"We stayed in a Studio Villa with 4 people. It was a little small but we got by. Very nice, clean, and people friendly.It was just like being at the beach. The pool and Boardwalk were the best. The pool was a very nice place to relax at. Overall the best hotel we have ever stayed at. Very Family Friendly"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of July 2005

They make up for bad service by charging you more.

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Admittedly my wife and I usually stay at the Ritz, so maybe we're spoiled, but no one should have to suffer through the abysmal service that we recieved at Disney's Beach Club Villas.

My wife and I went for a last minute trip for the weekend.

Because we arrived after 10PM for check in, there was neither a valet nor bellman to park the car or take up the bags. And the "cast members" who were working couldn't bother themselves to pick up the slack.

Room service failed to bring up the entire order - and not just once - but in 3 of the 4 room service orders, something was missing - and never materialized even after a second request. Later complaints were met with simply "I'm sorry" but nothing to rectify the situation.

While there are nice touches in room decoration, and it is convenient to the parks, it seems as though the cleaning staff has too much to do or not enough to do it correctly, since resort cleanliness is marginal at best.

If you want to pay first class rates for 4th class service, then this is definitely the place. As for me, I'm going back to the Ritz."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of May 2005

Loved the Magic!

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"I won't go into too much detail here. This place was great. Room was spotless, Storm along Bay Pool area was magnificent, room service prompt and very good, and the poolside food choices excellent. You also have the options of all the restaurants at the the BC & YC. A short walk takes you to either Epcot or a little further walk to MGM. The Boardwalk is accross the water with shops, bakery, ESPN, Spoodles Restaurant, Flying Fish Restaurant, Jellyrolls piano bar, and a dance club. You really can't beat this excellent place. The Villas have a nice quiet pool as well that is removed from the bustle of the main pool. We are DVC members but this was our first stay here. It has elevated to our favorite location. Email with any specifics."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of May 2005

Loved it...

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Had a 2 bedroom villa for our family of 5. We own at Wilderness Lodge Villas, but wanted to try out one of the other DVC locations. Contrary to other reviews, our room was very clean and well decorated. The grounds were beautiful. The kids loved the pool and we could walk to Boardwalk or Epcot/MGM. I recommend this place. For dinner, try the Yachtsman Steakhouse or the Flying Fish. Excellent."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of April 2005

2 Bedroom OK for families with small kids

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"We won't go back in December. The cold snap definitely affected our enjoyment. The main reasons to stay at Beach Club Villas are: the great pool, proximity to Epcot and MGM, having a home away from home. If you like having a clean home, you take your chances when traveling. The villa was not ready at check in and when we arrived after 9:00pm, there was jelly on the kitchen floor, some kind of white stuff in the refrigerator, candy stuck to the master bath floor, some kind of white stuff on the upholstery of the chair, and pretzels in the entry.

We called the manager who immediately sent a housekeeping crew. Be aware that you won't usually get full housekeeping if you stay in a villa at Disney. You will have to take out your own garbage and keep things clean. Because our room was not clean when we arrived, we received full housekeeping. I had to point out the pretzels in the entry the next day, but there were still a few in the corner when we left. They may still be there.

The sofa bed mattresses are very poor quality and will be uncomfortable for anyone over 3yr old. Shades of Green sofa beds are far superior. I would not stay here again. I would choose A moderate resort because you'll only be in the room long enough to sleep. This resort is great for those who don't plan to spend all day at the parks. In that case, be careful about how you pay for your parks ticket. Better to spend less money and get a regular room. Read my reviews of Shades of Green and Doubletree."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of April 2005

Had a good time

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"Enjoyed our stay, had a one bedroom villa and we used up all of the space in no time (two parents and two boys), the couch turned into a bed in the living room and it was pretty creaky and uncomfortable so I just pulled the matress off the frame and left it on the floor for the nine nights that we were there.

Housekeeping was great, conceirge was great and the pool was awesome. Food was fine, best meal we had was at the Flying Fish but make a reservation! Cirque du solei was a must see and we enjoyed the luau at the Polynesian.

Best thing about the villa is that you get a little kitchen, breakfast is easy and cheap and having a fridge is nice so that you can have real milk with your coffee in the morning.

When we go back we will stay at the Beach Club Villa again but will book a two bedroom.

Have fun!"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of April 2005

Great Resort despite the fact that they over sold our unit

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We were at the Beach Club Villas during Thanksgiving 2004. I had reserved a 2 bedroom 2 bath Villa for our family of 4 ( 2 adults and 2 children) in February of 2004. When we arrived at the hotel, the Cast Member was friendly and polite. She went thru the process of checking us into our unit, then disappeared for a long time. I knew something was wrong. About 15 minutes later she came back and told me that since it is a holiday weekend and that it's very busy at the resort, but they over sold out unit (2 bedroom 2 bath) for the first night of our stay. They offered to place us in 2 standard rooms that were not connected or 2 rooms on the concierge level, not connected, for the first night and then have us moved to our villa the next day. Well, I told her in a very stern voice that this was not acceptable. I paid for a 2 bedroom 2bath Villa and the 2 rooms you're trying to offer us does not have a common area or a kitchen. In addition, we would have to come back from the park in the middle of the day to move our luggage. She retreated to a back room for about another 10 minutes. When the Cast Member came back out, she had her Supervisor with her. Her Supervisor retold the same story and offered us the same rooms, BUT THIS TIME THEY WOULD COMP US for the 2 rooms for the first night and that they would have the bell service move our luggage for us the following day. I was still a little ticked off because they should have offered to comp us when we first checked in (my husband thought they should have comped the entire stay). Nevertheless, we took them up on their offer for the 2 rooms on the concierge level, our 2 teenage kids in one room and my husband and I in the other.

With the exception of checking in, I thought the resort and the accommodations were nice. The location is fantastic, especially to EPCOT's international gateway. The Villas are located in a seperate building from the hotel, but this didn't bother me since our condo was so close to the valet."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of February 2005

Worth It

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"We stayed here for four nights in one of the new villas in November of 2004. I must say we have been down to WDW many times and have stayed at many hotels inside from Wilderness Lodge to Caribbean Beach to Riverside. The pool was the best ever! My ten, eight & five year old loved the slides and whirlpools. The villas were great because it felt relaxing to have a living room, and separate bedroom. The kitchen was nice and the room was very clean. It was also great to do laundry while we went to the parks. Being four minutes from Epcot was very convenient to dine out. Just make sure you have your hopper passes because you are not getting in the park w/o them! We saw the Illuminations fireworks from our balcony every night at 9:00 p.m. Just ask for request to see a view of Epcot. After a long day at the park and a family of five, it was nice to come back to a villa instead of a resort room. However, the downfall, was that the sofa pillows had some stains and needed some cleaning but the villa itself was spotless. The bathrooms, tubs & showers were spotless! The other small problem was that we got locked out of our room by our magnetic keys. We just had to be patient. All in all, it was a nice villa and worth the extra money."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of January 2005