Good

This hotel is great value for money when...

Reviewed Fri 18th of January 2008

"This hotel is great value for money when on holiday in Orlando. With many attractions and shopping malls a short drive away. The hotel and rooms are maintain to reasonable standard, hotel staff have always been friendly and helpful.

The rooms are kept to a good standard by a daily maid service. This busy hotel so can be noisier than some others, but this does not detract anything from this property. In the lobby area there is a restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner(buffet style),shop, and a ticket agency for local attractions.

Downtown Disney is only a five minute drive, as is a great range of restaurants. There is plenty of free parking, car controlled by hotel security. Swimming pools are on the small side ,but ok for those rest days between parks. There is a main road to the back of the hotel which is noisy most of the day, some of the rooms face this, but this is only a small problem as you tend to be out all day. Overall a great base for a holiday in Orlando."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of January 2008

This being our first time in Orlando, we...

Reviewed Mon 1st of October 2007

"This being our first time in Orlando, we were a bit unsure about what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised by the standard of the Comfort Inn.

We had a decent sized room with two double beds, a fridge, microwave, bath, shower, and toilet and sink area. Also air conditioning which was a relief! The rooms were cleaned every day and fresh towels every day.

There are couple of restaurants within the hotel as well more restaurants, bars and fast food takeaways a 5 to 10 minute walk away.

There was a free bus service from the hotel which ran to all the Disney Parks and to Sea World, Universal Studios, and Islands of Adventure. The bus drivers are very helpful, giving loads of advice about where to meet the buses for coming back, taxi services etc.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Would 100% recommend the Comfort Inn and we will hopefully be back again soon."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2007

Overall very impressed with Comfort Inn...

Reviewed Sat 11th of March 2006

"Overall very impressed with Comfort Inn LBV. Excellent location and good value for money. A short taxi or shuttle ride to Disney Downtown and free transfers to all the theme parks included at no extra cost.

This was our second time at the hotel (first trip was June 04) and hotel is still a good solid 3 star family hotel. We particularly like fact it has in room safe, fridge and microwave included in the price.

We request a high room (only three floors but we always feel safer not being on ground level).

Also we always ask for a room overlooking the car park rather than the pool - this may seem odd, but pool rooms also overlook the main interstate and you cannot get away from the rumble of traffic - whereas car-park side is quiet, peaceful and overlooks the landscaped grounds - plus you get fantastic views at night of the fireworks at Epcot and Magic Kingdom! (We loved getting back after a busy day at the park, opening an ice cold beer from the fridge and watching the fireworks from the balcony!!

The only down-side of this hotel is the restaurant - ok if you're desperate but the food is nothing to write home about. Far better to walk to nearby Crossroads shopping area where there's a great choice of restaurants - including Jungle Jims (a cheaper version of Rainforest cafe!) Perkins (good for breakfast) and TGI Fridays (yes I know there's plenty back in the UK but still a good bet for dinner!)."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of March 2006

If you choose here, don't pay much!!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We stayed here in April 2002 for two weeks. Basically, whether you'll be happy or not depends on what you want and what you pay. If you're not going to be in it much (and in Orlando who stays in their hotel all day?) and you pay buttons it's OK.

If you want quality and a bit of class this is definately not for you.
The reviews that say it is basic, dingy, a little smelly and noisy have it about right. We also had the pleasure of a roach we named Freddie.
The breakfasts and sunday buffet were BAD.

I'm a little bit bitter becuse we paid a lot more than it was worth.
Have to admit one thing - it has a great location just round the corner from downtown disney. Don't rely on the free buses to the parks - the early ones are crammed and don't have enough room for the guests and some of the late ones leave the park either well after closing (so you have to hang around) or too early."

• Travel date: Fri 7th of November 2003

Good place to stay

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"This hotel was part of a package deal and I was a bit wary before I left home because of some reviews I had read.I needn't have worried as we spent almost 2 weeks there and would stay there again! We asked for a change of room as our first room was noisy from road traffic.We were facilitated immediately and had no complaints after that.Housekeeping was fine,complimentary Continental breakfast was a bit hectic but OK,staff very pleasant-especially in the gift shop. The gardens around the hotel are lovely and there are lots of good restaurants within a 20 minute walk.Swimming pool was nice and never busy and the free shuttle service to the theme parks meant we didn't have to drive so that made our holiday a stress free one. A word of warning!Don't bother buying discounted theme park tickets at the desk unless you want to buy a Sheraton Timeshare!"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of October 2003

A Nice Stay

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"My children and I visited Orlando, FL from October 10-13. The Comfort Inn/Lake Buena was very nice. The only problem I had with the room was the hard mattresses on the first night of our arrival. But once we had visited the theme park and walked around all the next days, I didn't even feel the hardness. Actually, it was a relief. I received an excellent price for the room using the Orlando Magicard, $35.00 a night (because it was during off-peak season). The staff was nice and helpful. While we were in Orlando, we visited WDW Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. We really enjoyed our trip and plan to go back to visit the theme parks we didn't have time to visit!"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of October 2003

Good for the amount paid.

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Great location, room standard, not luxary, but decent for the amount paid. Only problem was the pillows (bring your own). Didn't eat at the hotel, but the mini market was okay. Employees were very nice, didn't have problem with the services. Was concern about the reviews before we went down, but overall, had a great time for the five days we stayed!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 12th of October 2003

Roach in my room!

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"I have mixed feelings about this motel. The staff was very friendly and helpful but a roach crawled across my bed after I had slept there all night and the front desk did not even offer me another room. The breakfast was awful. Everything was stale and the eggs were burned every day. My other friend had large ants in her room. I may give them another chance because the value was very good if my comment is given attention by the management."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of October 2003

Worth the price

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"We stayed here for 5 nights, and booked our room through Expedia at $31/night. The room was clean, and neat. I was expecting worse from all of the reviews. We stayed at the Disney All-Star resorts last year, and the rooms here are much bigger. Plus, there's a microwave and fridge.
The only thing that I can really complain about is that at the time we were there, they were replacing the furniture in the rooms. The men transporting the furniture were not accomodating toward the hotel guests. There were only 2 elevators and they used both. They should have had the courtesy to let the hotel guests go ahead instead of wait, or only use 1 elevator. Bottom line: It's worth it. No frills but a clean place to rest."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of October 2003

Great for the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Found cheap price online, then checked trip advisor was scared of the reviews felt crappy goiong until i got there. The hotel is just fine for the money, Clean room, nice pool, great location, anybody who leaves a bad review on a hotel must of been treated bad and wanted to give them a bad name, but they were probably snobish and deserved it.
Parking was free but very hard after 12:00 if you plan on hanging out, i suggest the FREE shuttle so you can also get drunk and not worry about driving, I went in September so not too many kids just a lot of folks from London, had a great time will go again, they even have a great security staff."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of September 2003

Good location, but had problems

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"Was in a great location, just very short drive from all the parks at WDW and with lots of places to eat nearby. The rooms were clean when you arriveand nice, but housekeeping was a real problem. Some days my room was barely cleaned at all. Other days they did a good job."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of September 2003

Great for the price

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We stayed here for 1 night before we actually started our vacation at a WDW resort. We reserved a $29 standard room and received the family suite. We were all very happy with it especially my daughter. Even though they are outside corridors we heard very little noise. We've stayed at other nice, pricey hotels before and could hear people up/down the halls, slamming doors, etc. all of which we did not hear here. My biggest complaint would be our room faced the highway and the morning sun and the drapes let some of the sunlight in but other than that it was ok. Yes, the place is looking rather old but mind you, you don't spend all that much time in the room. We would definitely look to stay here again."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of September 2003