Ascend Hotel Collection in Orlando, FL

• indoor pool
  • kids club
  • diving
  • water park

Good
1950 reviews

fantastic

Reviewed 19th July 2011

"having now stayed at the fountains resort twice me and my husband loved every minute staff very friendly and helpfull and the resort exceptional we will definatly be back!"

• Travel date: 12th July 2011

This high quality accommodation is in th...

Reviewed 22nd August 2007

"This high quality accommodation is in the quieter, southern part of International Drive, close to SeaWorld and Dixie Stampede, an easy drive away from Disney and Universal, and very close to a large shopping mall and Publix supermarket (like Asda/Tesco). We (2 adults, 1 teenager and an 11 year old) stayed in a 2 bed roomed apartment with 2 bathrooms, a brilliant kitchen with all mod cons, a washer-drier, 3 TV's, a safe and a large balcony overlooking the lake. The standard of cleanliness and furnishing was excellent, both in the apartment and around the complex. There was plenty of room in the open plan living area and in both bedrooms. There is a medium sized communal pool, partly outdoor and partly indoor and there were always beds available. There was occasional karaoke in the small indoor bar and a few activities for children around the pool - this was enough as we were so shattered after visiting theme parks that all we wanted to do was relax. Although there were a few British people staying there, it was mainly people from the States who own time share there. However, we did not feel out of place because everyone was so friendly. I would recommend The Fountains unless you want to be right in the middle of the action - you would need to be a mile or so further up Intl Drive."

• Travel date: 22nd August 2007

Loved the Fountains

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Fountains with my 4 year old son. I wish we could've stayed longer. My son absolutely LOVED the property. The condos are very tastefuly decorated, and are well equipped with everything that you might need. The entire property is very clean, and well maintained. The pools were fabulous. We loved the weekend entertainment. We'll definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: 25th April 2006

Loved the place!!

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"My family stayed at The Fountains resort over the Easter holiday. We enjoyed our stay very much. Although, the facility is pricey, you will be pleased with the accomodations. The rooms are very nicely decorated and spacious. The pool area is pretty. There were enough chairs by the pool on the crowded weekend. The staff was friendly. We decided to stay an extra night during a very busy weekend. The staff moved our luggage to another room for us. You can get discounts on your room or disney tickets if you meet with a time share agent. We were told the presentation would be 1 - 1.5 hours. The sales pitch took more like 3-4 hours and was very high pressure. I bought my last car in less time. Avoid the time share if at all possible!! Overall a good experience."

• Travel date: 24th April 2006

Another strong review for the Fountains!

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"We stayed 2 nights at The Fountains after extensively researching all the reviews on this and other websites. We stayed in a very well appointed 2 bedroom/2 bath condo. The room was absolutely spotless, and very comfortable. The facilities were great. The pool area is very large, and has an indoor part in case of rain, as well as a wonderful wading pool with fountains which my 2 year old LOVED(maybe moreso than Disneyworld!). There is a lake with fishing access which was important to me, and I enjoyed my time there although I didnt see a fish in 3 days(there were a ton of little bluegills for kids to catch, I was looking for bass!). The activity staff was very friendly, and there were lots of nice things happening. I enjoyed the coffee/desert shop. There was NO pressure to buy, but tours were going on everywhere around me. I paid a high nightly rate, and was glad not to be bothered by a sales pitch. The only 2 things I would say is that I felt just a little bit like they were less interested in me than in people on tours, or who were owners, and, surprisingly as I did find ther mattresses to be old and sagging, and I almost NEVER complain about hotel mattresses. This issue was raised in a prior review, so it may be a problem for The FOuntains. ALso, it is on International drive, but VERY close to Disney, we were in the Magic Kingdom lot in about 10 minutes, and it is very south on I-Drive, so traffic was not a problem. I would highly recommend The Fountains"

• Travel date: 13th April 2006

Great Deal on a Condo

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"I stayed at The Fountains over Thanksgiving. It was a really good deal on a brand new condo. The other buildings were still under construction which probably part of the reason it was cheap. The location is average, you will have to drive to everything. There is not any stores you can walk to. The pools and jacuzzi are really nice. Check out was 10am which is a bit early but overall a great place."

• Travel date: 31st January 2006

Clean, Fun and great location

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"we (family of 5 with grandparents) stayed in a two bedroom condo Jan. 20-27th, 2006. The condo was extremely clean and up to date. There was amble room for all 7 of us. Kitchen well equipped and washer and dryer a bonus. The amenities were all working well and clean. We used the indoor/outdoor heated pool, the game room, fitness room, jacuzzi and play area for the toddlers. The activites for the children were plenty and staffed well. All interaction with the staff was excellent. The location of this facility was perfect for us as we visited Disney and Universal. This area of International Drive is not over crowded and grocery store right around the corner. There was construction going on most of the days we were there. We did occasionally hear noise. But can honestly say only once did it bother us. We read all reviews for this facility before our vacation and it was helpful."

• Travel date: 30th January 2006

Great hotel at a great price

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"I am a loyal reader of Tripadvisor but have never posted any of my own reviews........until now. This is a great hotel at an even greater price ($100). My family and I stayed there from Jan 13-15 (a quick stop at Seaworld before cruising) and were very impressed. The kids had a great time and the facilities are more than what you could wish for. No complaints, I would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: 24th January 2006

Great Place; just one complaint

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Overall this place is great. It's clean, well kept, very affordable, centrally located. I have nothing bad to say about the facility or the people who work there and I would probably stay there again. My one complaint is that the beds are not comfortable. My entire family and I would wake up every morning with back and shoulder pains from sleeping in these beds. When you spend the entire day at the parks like we did during our stay, you want to be able to get a good night's rest. The beds also have protective covers on the mattresses which made the beds even more uncomfortable. We eventually removed the protective covers from the mattress and it helped. Not everyone may find the beds a problem but everyone in my party found them uncomfortable. This is such a nice place that I was surprised their beds weren't very comfortable."

• Travel date: 11th January 2006

Agree with everyone else. Loved the place.

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"We stayed in the building across from checkin. The condo had everything in it that we could need or want. It was great with 2 kids. The pool was also wonderful. Love that it has an indoor section. Its about 10 minutes to the parks as well. Would stay here again. 2 bedroom 2 bath for $99 thru travelzoo."

• Travel date: 8th January 2006

Wow! Great place!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"We stayed at The Fountains resort from Dec 6 - Dec 9, 2005. We paid $72/night...cheap, cheap, cheap! Our family has 2 adults, and 3 children...a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a 1 year old. The place was awesome! We had two bedrooms, one with a king sized bed, the other with 2 double beds. We also requested a pack and play, which was delivered immediately after getting into the room. It also had 2 bathrooms, with a shower in each, and a whirlpool tub in the master bedroom. Hair dryers were also attached to the wall. It had a stackable washer/dryer in a closet in the kitchen...a must for a family of 5...and they supplied a small box of Tide. It had a full kitchen, plates, silverware, cups, pans, dishwasher....you name it! The room also had a large TV in the living room (dvd player too), and TVs in both bedrooms. Just after we arrived in the room, we received a call from the front desk asking if we needed anything...whoa! Never had that happen before! Everything was spic and span and very nice. They had activities going on every day, throughout the day, for kids and adults, but we did not take advantage of this. One rainy day, we went to the indoor/outdoor heated pool. The pool was all one piece, but you could swim from the indoor part to the outdoor part. My girls had a great time swimming, so it was nice to keep them occupied on a rainy day. We just swam in the indoor part. All in all, this place was wonderful, and I would definitely go back again, and highly recommend it!"

• Travel date: 5th January 2006

Very nice

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"We stayed in the building directly across from the main building (where you check-in). The accommodations were VERY nice. My husband and I both commented on how nice everything was. We did have a minor problem with our patio door not locking, but we didn't view it as major enough to get it fixed while we were there (besides we were several floors up, so we didn't think it was a major safety issue). We did get a chance to talk to one lady who had recently bought a vacation ownership through Bluegreen. She seemed to be very happy with it. She did say that, not all of the properties were as nice as the Fountains...which we kind of expected. After a few years of wear and tear, the Fountains, obviously, won't be as nice as they are now. My husband and I travel quite a bit and have been propositioned several times about vacation ownership...at this point, it just isn't something we can see value in...especially with all the deals available via the internet. I know things have changed from the old days of a certain week at a certain property, but, until we see some real value in buying vs paying as we go, we will continue to do it our way. I know I've gotten off track, but I mentioned all of the vacation ownership stuff because we were offered several options to buy while we were there. So, just be warned that you may be asked...you can always decline...no big deal."

• Travel date: 9th November 2005