Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa

7700 Westgate Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747-4630

Good

Westgate Town Center is nice but had one complaint..

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"I'll get to my complaint in a minute, but overall Westgate Town Center is a nice resort. We stayed the week of Feb 7-14, 2010. Check-in was easy, and our one-bedroom Studio condo was the perfect size for me, my wife and our 5 year old boy. The condo was clean and comfortable. The resort is only a 10 minute drive from the Disney parks which is a plus, and its right off Hwy 192 which offers plenty of restaurant choices.

The only complaint we had is this: One night we came back to our condo at about 10 PM after having spent the day at Magic Kingdom and we found a heavy smell of cigarette smoke in our condo. Neither my wife nor I smoke. We also found our patio glass door half way open, and someone had used our toilet but did not flush it. I don't believe theft was a motive as an expensive camera and some small bills I left in the room were still there. My guess is the intruder was a maintenance worker who apparently decided to use our condo as a break room. We called Security and they responded within 5 minutes. They audited our card-swipe door lock and found that someone indeed entered our condo about an hour after we left that afternoon. They offered to switch us to another room, but we declined since it was near the end of our stay and we didn't feel like packing up all our belongings and moving to another condo at 10:30 at night.

Despite the incident mentioned above, I am still giving Westgate Town Center a high recommendation due to the cleanliness, comfort, and convenient location to the Disney parks. We have stayed at other nice resorts along Hwy 192 such as Summer Bay Resort and Silver Lake Resort. I would group Westgate Town Center in with those same caliber resorts. Even though our "intruder incident" was a little unnerving, we would probably stay at Westgate Town Center again."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of February 2010

Nice place, poor room design for young kids!

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"This is a nice place, but the 2 bedroom units are "lock off" units, meaning basically two separate rooms with locking doors........doesn't work so well when you have young kids. We mentioned this to the man who brought us to our room and he told us to just block open the doors. We did.....only one problem.....the a/c (or heat) quits working when you do this. This particular week we stayed in Florida was record cold weather, so the unit was very cold. Kids' room got down to 66 degrees before I finally blew up and called a manager. I was told that all units are described at "lock off" units upon booking. Not true. We booked thru Interval International and were told we had a 2 bedroom/2bath unit. Other than this and the fact that we had water pouring thru one of our shower lights from a flood above us, this is a pretty nice place. Big rooms, decent furnishings and close to Disney."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of January 2010

Lots of Room!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"This was our 2nd stay at the Westgate Town Center. We have a Westgate Timeshare & loved our trade into this place so much last time that we did it again...this time with all the extended family (17 of us!). We had a 3-bedroom & a 2-bedroom unit & Westgate accommodated our request to have the two units next door to each other, which was great! They had 3 pack n play cribs & one highchair waiting for us when we got to our room, too.

The rooms are very spacious...plenty of room for everyone to spread out. The bed & pillows are not very comfortable, though. W love the location...easy & quick to get to the parks, and you have so many great amenities all in your room: washer/dryer, full kitchen, dining area, lots of storage, living room with large screen TV & DVD player, screened porch, etc."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of January 2010

Pleasantly Surprised

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"My husband and I and our 2yr old had reservations at the Westgate Town Center for a one bedroom suite. I was skeptical because of some bad reviews but we rented a time share from a friend and got a good deal so figured "what the heck". When we arrived, we got the heavy time share pitch before they would even give us the keys to our room. They make you put a refundable deposit down of $20 for the timeshare breakfast but we just never attended and the day we checked out, I went down and requested they refund the $20 which they did. Our room was incredibly large with a full kitchen with eat-at bar area, full dining room area and a large living room. The bedroom had a huge jacuzzi tub in it, the bathroom was seperated by recessed doors and we also had full laundry. My recommendation is to stay as far away from the any of the pools as possible. Apparently, there are no restrictions as to how late people can be swimming because my husband and I could hear people screaming and playing around after 11pm and although we could see the pool from our balcony, we were across a pond and past another building. I can't imagine how loud it would have been if you had a room right at one of the pools. Additionally, this place is a 3 minute drive to/from Disney World. Get a map from the concierge and you will find that there is a quick and easy backroad to take from the hotel so you don't actually have to get on the highway to get to Disney. Overall, we had a great stay here and would return."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of December 2009

Wonderful resort

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"I stayed at this resort for two weeks with my boyfriend and had a fantastic time. The resort is a timeshare one but we were never asked to attend a meeting or bothered by anyone which was great. The resort is huge and has loads of lovely pools and hot tubs you can use. There is also a mini supermarket (ok for emergencies as a bit over priced), an internet room and an onsite pizza hut which is very competitively priced and very handy if you have had a busy day. The hotel is very close to disney parks, it only took us 10 mins to drive to Epcot! It takes about 20 mins to get to the universal/sea world areas. There is a publix quite nearby for food shopping. We asked for an upgrade on our room when we arrived and were given a gorgeous room for no extra cost so its worth asking! Our room had a full kitchen, living room, bedroom with balcony, bathroom with Jacuzzi tub and we had a washer and dryer. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of November 2009

Good Accomodation but bad location.

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"We ( my husband and our friend) stayed at Westgate Town Center in Kissimme for 2 weeks. We had trouble finding it as we were not familiar with the area, once we'd driven around for a few days it was easy enough to find. When we were given our rooms ours smelled really musty and the air conditioning did'nt work properly, so I bought an air freshner and opened the windows, it didn't make much difference. Our friends room was quite the opposite to ours, so she was happy.
After 4 days we went to find out if we could pay for an upgrade, the girl in reception went to find out for us and was told by her boss that we could have a different room for 50$ per night,which wasn't an up grade it was a flat rate price, so we'd loose what we'd already paid. The 50$ per night was out of our budget as we'd 11 more nights there. We were advised to ring Expedia whom we'd book the holiday with to see if they could get us a better rate.
Hours later we managed to get through to Expedia and speaking to a customer service advisor we were told that the site was being updated so she couldn't access our details, however she would ring Westgate and try to sort things out, which she did. We eventually had a change of room at no extra cost thanks to Expedia.
As the complex is so big we were about half a mile away from where our friend was staying, we were in block 51, she was in block 59.
The complex was very well looked after, every where was very clean. Everyday we had clean towels-in fact one day I counted how many towels we had in our room and it was over 50. A lady came in to empty the rubbish on a daily basis and to make the bed, though the sheets weren't change until our last nights stay, which I found strange, as we'd been there nearly 2 weeks I thought they would of changed them sooner.
Every one working at the complex were very friendly and helpful which was nice.
A few draw backs to this complex are: The first room we had was very small even though it had 2 queen size beds, it was very clastrophobic. It was very basic and would be ok for a single person but not for 2 adults.
The walls were quite thin in both the rooms we had so you could hear noises either side and up above.
Lastly, without a car you're screwed, as its so far out getting to places like International Drive takes a good 20 minutes. Even getting around the complex you need a car and going to the parks and cinema's etc are a good distance away, also Orlando International airport is about 25 miles away. So I'd think twice before booking this if you haven't got the use of a car."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of October 2009

Fantastic place with helpful staff!

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"We just got back from our trip to Westgate Town Center (Kississmee). My husband, 2 daughters (5 & 3), my inlaws and unexpectedly brother in law all shared a 2 bedroom with plenty of room. We were in the 5400 building which faced the lake. It was a wonderful view and could see Disney's fireworks at night. It seemed a little crowded but the staff did everything they could to make us feel welcome and taken care of. We spent most of our time in pool 13 which was very close to our building which I found to be quite helpful, especially since my father in law is disabled and cannot walk far. There were plenty of activities to do on the days we were not at Disney (which is a very short drive away). Whenever we had a problem or question the staff was fairly quick to respond. We did use the kitchen a lot and I recommend taking a few extra minutes to go shopping at Walmart off of US 27 (Cagan's Crossings) for groceries. You will save a ton of money that way. It is a little over 5 miles away and almost a straight shot. The bad part of the kitchen is their frying pans - everything sticks!! We bought a cheap one at walmart. We did have a washer and dryer in our unit which I liked and there was also another 2 washers and driers in the hallway by the elevator.

The only complaints I have is there are only 2 handicap parking spaces which made it rough for my inlaws and another thing I found rude was the sales people touring our building would take up parking spaces with the golf carts so sometimes you had to park a little further than you want. The other complaint is one early morning a worker/salesperson rang our door bell to get the neighbors up for their "tour" but I called guest relations and told them about it.

Over all I think Westgate is a wonderful place. My girls loved the giant bath tub and all there was to do there."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of June 2009

Big Rooms, Comfy Beds, Bate & Switch w/Timeshare Tour

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Some helpful info first. Westgate is Huge, they have many locations w/slight name differences, so make sure you are reading about where you plan on staying.

We are a family of 5 with 3 boys 13, 11, 10. We stayed at Westgate Town Center on Old Lake Wilson Road in building 5200 in a 2B2B lock out with a Kitchen and W/D. Our unit was on the ground floor. We were there when it was VERY cold, so we spent a lot of time in the room after the parks. We paid $65 a night + did TimeShare tour.

About bldng 5200 and nearby pool area
Pros:
* It overlooks the lake and has beautiful lake view where you can ride paddle boats
* If you stay on the ground floor ducks come to your screen door to eat
* Short walk up path to very nice, big, warm pool
Cons:
* Hot Tub not hot enough and Jets seldom came on. No way to adjust

About the room
Pros:
* BIG Rooms
* Very well equipped
* Screened in porch with table and chairs
* Bright and cheery
* Very comfortable Beds with lots of pillows, King in Master, 2 Full size beds in 2nd Bedroom
* Clean for the most part (see cons)
* Big jacuzzi tub in master room that entire family enjoyed together in our suits since it was so cold outside
* Little noise from other rooms, but we where there when it was very slow

Cons:
* The tile grout was gross, I mean really gross, I was wishing I had my Floormate w/me
* Sofa was a little worn, no big deal
* Lost hot water on 3rd day. They said that when the furnace runs it robs the heat from the hot water tank. They responded and fixed it quickly
* Inet is not available unless you pay extra. Even "owners" have to pay, but it is less for an owner than a guest

Staff/People
Pros:
* Friendly & Helpful
* Gave us an extra clothes soap
* Printed our S.W. boarding passes for us ~ Loved That!
* Timeshare breakfast was at an actual restaurant and was fabulous!

Cons:
* Many places give great deals if you do the 90 - 120 min tour. We picked Westgate because the tour was supposed to be on property. That way kids could stay in the room. They did a bate and switch on us. Changed the time and location. We had to drive somewhere else later in the day. That means we had to take the boys with us. Then we had to totally change our Schedule around. If we did not do all this, we would have been penalized and had to pay full price. One good thing, I think we got a better meal out of the deal.

Tip: There is a Golden Coral nearby on Irlo Bronson (192). All our Golden Corals at home serve delicious food and are very nice. This one is dirty and the food was terrible. There is another nicer Golden Coral up 192 in the direction of I4, it is on the same side of the road as the parks. It is well worth the couple minute drive and go to the other one. (The not recommended one is on the opposite side of the road, the same side that Westgate is on)."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of February 2009

LOVED this place!!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"My husbands parents gave us this timeshare for a week as a wedding gift. This room was incredible! It was extremely comfortable and very spacious. The bed was amazing, the couch was so nice, the TV was huge.. there wasn't anything bad about this place (and we stayed during hurricane season). There was some construction project at the next building but they weren't working (it just wasn't extremely pretty to look at). I would highly recommend staying here. It's the BEST!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of February 2009

Expensive Internet does not work

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Do not check into this timeshare resort/hotel if you plan to use the internet. They charge $50 per week for the worst internet connection I have ever encountered. I will be here for two weeks and will lose my mind before it ends. If you plan to do any business functions on internet, you had better stay at a Marriott in the area.

Otherwise, the rooms are beautiful with lots of space, big screen tv, huge whirlpool and shower, screened patio, granite countertops. Lots of activities for kids although they charge for most of them. If it were not for internet problems, I would rate this excellent. So if that is not an issue, this is a good choice.l"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of January 2009

Hotels near Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa

Stayed at Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa is also called