Good
Good

--- me once, but never again

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"i'm 48 yrs. old, i've never seen so much high pressure sales in my life. with regret i fell for their pitch. i bought the best week of the year they said,july 4th. they said with a great week like that, i could easily trade it for two weeks at daytona, if i would like, also at no charge. i bought in april of 2003. when icalled to make my reservation, i was told i could not trade my great july 4th. week for two weeks,we don't do that, but for $116.00 i could exchange my week to daytona. i reluctenly agreed to pay. then i was told there were no units availible in daytona. what a mess i got my family in.now we are paying for a unit,that we will not be able to use this year, it's impossible for my wife to get a vacation on july 4th. also we were informed that our maint. & ect. fees are do,[$529.00] helllllp!"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of February 2004

Liars, liars, liars!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Had the misfortune of being stupid enough and buying into the westgate sales pitch. I hope you feel bad Tracy Shelley! When shown the show house was very impressed but when we occupied our unit the next year it was very different. Firstly we were shown a ground floor unit facing the pool, obviously we think this is the unit we're buying, not so, ours faces the car park at the rear, for the naive this is how they get you, if you are not specific then you get the crap. On the floor layout plan they give you we have a balcony with loungers and a dining set. On arrival no balcony so nowhere to sit outside. When i complained i was told not to worry they would sort it out, alas, yes of course they would sort it if we payed $5000 to move to a new unit!!! Obviously we told them where to stick it. All in all feel we were well and truly ripped off by westgate and wish we could sell up unfortunately so do about 5 million other owners so we're pretty much stuck with this milestone. My advice to anyone considering buying from westgate is "DON'T DO IT!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!""

• Travel date: Sun 4th of January 2004

Made my family feel terrible!!!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I have never felt such intense PRESSURE in all my life! After the tour, a so called Manager came to our table to put even more pressure on us.
She even went so far as to ask my husband, "you don't have two hundred dollars in your pocket?" I plan to buy a timeshare, but never from high pressure salespeople like these. They are truly a disgrace to the vacation industry! I'll stick with Disney World Resorts."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of December 2003

Better Than expected!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"I was very impressed from the moment I walked in our room. The on-line pictures did not give this place justice! Everything that was needed or wanted was available in the room. The resort was very well kept and the staff was very attentive to every need. Great choice for a relaxing vacation!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of November 2003

Better Than Pictured

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"Everything was better than pictured. Stayed there for a Disney wedding. Clean property. Staff was exceptional, the way customer service should be. Pools were clean, maintained, the property was nice and quiet, impeccibly clean. The only recommendation I would make is a cocktail lounge on the property. It is quite large and if you felt like a few cocktails you would have to drive, which is not advisable in Florida."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of October 2003

Big Rip Off

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"After sitting through their sales pitch, we bought a 4 bedroom. THey have since refused to honor anything that they promised us during the sales pitch, even though we have it in writing! Buyer beware! Have reported them to the Florida Real Estate Commission."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of September 2003

loved our room

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Our room was better than we imagined.It had everything you need and more.The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will most certainly stay there again."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of August 2003

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"They have the worst customer service I have ever encountered. They lost our reservations and it took them 6 hours to fix and find our reservation that they claimed we cancelled. When I checked into my room the fridge was dirty with towels inside it! Then after I went for the tour after wasting my time waiting they said I did not have to do the tour because they made a mistake. There were dozens of irate customers who the front desk claimed that they cancelled their reservations.
Calls to corporate made no difference. Even owners were walked. I would NEVER recommend this property to anyone. Stay at a sheraton or marriott timeshare property. Even the furnishings were poor."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of August 2003

pressure to buy

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"The resort was nice but I didn't appreciate 4 hours of my vacation time being pressured into buying their timeshare. Just to get them off my back I purchased a weeks vacation for $1000. knowing there is a 10 day cancelation policy which I will be using. I just didn't appreciate being pressured like that while on vacation."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of March 2003

Wonderful Place!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"This was an absolutely awesome experience! The facilities look just like they do on the website...no false advertising here! Big, spacious rooms, a great kitchen completely furnished w/dishes and the like, a dining room and an outside terrace, large screen TV in the living room, a tub that can be used as a whirlpool in the master bedroom...absolutely wonderful. This was our first trip to Disney w/our children, and we chose Westgate simply because we received a promotional flyer in the mail about the timeshare. We were able to spend three days and nights in this beautiful place for only $79, which totally and completely made a HUGE difference in the overall cost of the trip. No additional or hidden charges once we got there, either. Would I return? Definitely, yes. Westgate is a beautiful place to spend your vacation!"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of February 2003